Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hospital Wing: Private Ward

+5
Romilda Vane
Molly Prewett
Peter Pan
Jack Smith
Remus Lupin
9 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Hospital Wing: Private Ward - Page 7 Empty Re: The Hospital Wing: Private Ward

Post  Guest January 30th 2011, 2:27 am

"I guess not. I'm just... surprised at you, I guess. But he doesn't treat you differently? He wasn't mad? He still-- he's still being good to you?" Sirius asked, and he toyed nervously with his tongue stud, clacking it along his bottom teeth; it was a new habit, but one he's growing quite addicted to already.

Back to top Go down

The Hospital Wing: Private Ward - Page 7 Empty Re: The Hospital Wing: Private Ward

Post  Remus Lupin January 30th 2011, 2:42 am

"No, everything's been fine. Honest." Remus shook his head, shrugging. "We've been doing great..well, besides the small mishap the other day but we've talked it over and everything should be great now." He could hear the quiet sound of Sirius' tongue stud clacking against his teeth and sighed, hoping that Sirius would break that habit sooner rather than later. "I...had already been thinking about telling him, which was surprising to myself as well...but I hadn't really been ready at the time. So it was scary, but I got through it and everything turned out well." He felt sleepy again already but didn't want to go back to sleep. Jack had said he'd visit at some point during the day and Remus didn't want to be asleep when he did. Though if he didn't visit soon then maybe Remus would just get up and look for him.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest January 30th 2011, 2:53 am

"I'm glad it did," Sirius murmurs, shocking himself with the sudden surge of affection he felt for Jack; no matter how much he hated the guy, he had to respect him for caring for Moony despite the prejudices he might have formed living in the wizarding world. Even Sirius couldn't deny that the guy must be more than half decent, if he was alright with Remus being the way he was; most people weren't, even if it was ridiculous, in his eyes. "You look sleepy, Remus. Wanna take a nap, or head up to the dorm to your own bed?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 30th 2011, 2:58 am

Remus shook his head, trying to muster up the energy to get out of bed. "I'll go up to the dorm after I find Jack and let him know I'm okay. Just..." he took a deep breath, resting his forehead on Sirius' shoulder, "let me just sit here for a moment, I need to work up the energy to get up." He chuckled weakly, his hand gripping Sirius' arm a bit tighter than was necessary. He hated the mornings after. No matter how much sleep or rest he tried to get it didn't seem enough.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest January 30th 2011, 3:05 am

"You don't have to go anywhere anytime soon. Jack can wait for you, for as long as you need," Sirius said firmly, reaching up to rest his hand on the back of Remus' head, lightly stroking the soft hair there. "I'll get cleaned up and stuff when you go, I guess. I've got a feeling he wouldn't appreciate my tagging along, after all," Sirius chuckled slightly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 30th 2011, 3:28 am

"Or maybe he'll just show up here." Remus shrugs lightly, his grip relaxing when he finally realizes how tightly he'd been gripping Sirius' arm. The feeling of Sirius' hand on the back of his head was comforting and he couldn't bring himself to move any further than where he was. "Thanks, Sirius." He speaks softly, feeling himself starting to drift to sleep again. Shaking his head slightly, he sits back up, not wanting to fall back asleep.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest January 30th 2011, 3:30 am

"It's alright, if you sleep, Moony. I'd even promise to wake you when you got here, and leave for a while, if you want. Promise," he said softly, continuing to pet his Moony affectionately. "The rest is necessary, if you're gonna get better."

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 30th 2011, 3:45 am

"I'll be okay...I will." He replies, more to convince himself than anything. "Can you..." he bites his lip, "help me up, please?" Damn it, he hated being weak and needing help like this. "I'll just go find him and then head straight back to the dorm, I swear, you can deprive me of chocolate for a week if I don't. And then I'll rest some more."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest January 30th 2011, 3:49 am

"If that's what you want, Moony," Sirius says softly, leaning down without thinking and planting a light kiss on Remus' forehead, then sliding his arms under Remus' shoulders to lift him to a sitting position. "You need me to carry you? I could probably do it, if it's not far. Just no stairs," Sirius offered, smiling slightly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 30th 2011, 3:57 am

Remus' eyes close when Sirius kisses his forehead and he tries to ignore the tingly feeling that still seems to be there after Sirius' lips leave. "I think I can manage it." He replies softly, slowly turning so he can swing his legs over the side of the bed. Pushing himself up so he can stand, he steadies himself using Sirius' shoulder for a second and then let go when he felt like he could stand by himself. "Alright...I can make it now. I'll see you back in the dorm, alright? Get some rest yourself, okay? Promise?"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest January 30th 2011, 4:01 am

"I promise. Now take care, and if you feel sick, have someone help you back here-- I'll find you, don't worry. I'll keep an eye on the time, just in case you don't make it back," he says, moving to leave, then walking back, throwing his arms around Remus, and pulling him into a warm, snuggly hug, resting his head for a second on Remus' shoulder. "I'm so glad you're alright, that the night wasn't so bad. I'm so grateful for that, every time," he whispers softly, refusing to let go just yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 30th 2011, 4:17 am

"Thanks." Remus is about to move to leave as well but then Sirius' arms are around him and he can't move - doesn't want to. "Ack, Sirius..." he smiles softly, placing his arms around his friend, hugging him back, "I'm just glad you guys are always alright afterward...I appreciate having you guys around more than you know, and you know I always worry about something happening-" he bites his lip, cutting himself off, just holding on tightly to his best friend.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest January 30th 2011, 4:23 am

"Shh, I know, Moony," Sirius mumbles, his voice muffled by Remus' shirt. "I know. But we're all okay, all four of us, and that's what matters. And we're never gonna leave you. I'm never gonna leave you. But, um," Sirius pauses to clear his throat, suddenly remembering his place, and lets go of his friend, albeit rather reluctantly, "you were going. We were going. Right. I'll see you back in the dorm, then," he says quietly, then leaves the room as quickly as he can, his neck and cheeks flushed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 30th 2011, 4:31 am

"Oh, right." Remus mumbles quietly. "I'll see you." He's kind of surprised and confused by how quickly Sirius leaves, but doesn't catch the flushed look on his friend's face. His arms felt empty after Sirius had left, it was always an unsettling feeling, one that had his heart aching and it was difficult to ignore. He shook his head, refusing to let himself think about that anymore. Jack. He needed to find his boyfriend and let him know he was okay. Leaning against the doorway for a few seconds, he took a deep breath and took off in search of Jack. And sad things will happen whenever he does find him...whenever Amethyst and Mya are on at the same time and can do that sad scene.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin February 1st 2011, 3:39 am

Aaaand now Remus is back. Sad face and all. The nurse takes one look and tells him she'll be very cross with him if he leaves the hospital without her permission - she wanted to make sure he was in good condition before he left, which he currently was not. She tried to force food down his throat and make him drink lots of liquids. He was silent as he complied, though he didn't eat much food, which tasted dry and flavorless. His thoughts were completely elsewhere and, by the time she finally left him alone, a sleeping potion on the table next to his bed, all he wanted to do was cover himself - head and all - under the blankets and...not cry. He didn't want to cry. Yet as he laid there under the clean white sheets, he was unable to stop the sudden rush of silent tears that escaped down his cheeks. His body shook with sobs yet not once did he make a sound. And he hated every second of it. At some point blackness darkens the edge of his vision & he slips into unconsciousness.

And that can be where he is till whenever. yep yep.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas February 1st 2011, 4:43 am

After Deans conversation with Lily and her saying Remus was 'ill', Dean decided to come by the hospital wing to see if his brother was in there. He poked his head into the ward, and only saw a lump on one of the beds. He had a feeling it was Remus, although he wasn't sure why. He slowly walked over the bed, trying to be as quiet as possible. When he reached the bed, he slowly pulled a corner of the blanket back, revealing the sandy colored hair that was Remus'. He noted how pale his brother looked, but there was something else there he couldn't quite put his finger on. He looked at the bedside table to see the still full goblet of sleeping potion. Dean pulled up a chair and sat next to the bed. He didn't want to wake his brother, but he wanted to make sure everything was okay. Once he was seated, he started softly humming the lullaby that their mother used to sing to them when they were kids.
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin February 1st 2011, 4:49 am

Awweh <3 Dean's so freaking awesome. *flails*
*has totally missed brother time*

Remus was slowly brought back to consciousness by the sound of someone humming. The voice and the tune sounded familiar, what was it? It only took a moment and then he realized who was humming and that the tune was the lullaby their mother used to sing to them. Hearing it right at this moment, after what had just happened, tore at his heart and, uncontrollable, a few silent tears slipped from his closed eyes. He laid there listening a few seconds longer before joining in, humming softly. Then he finally opened his eyes, aware of the fact that they were probably pretty red from all the crying he'd done earlier, but this was Dean and Remus didn't care - he knew his brother wouldn't judge him. "Dean?"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas February 1st 2011, 4:55 am

Awwwww Dean wants to cry now too <3
*also missed brother time*

Dean smiled when he heard Remus join in on the song. The smile quickly vanished when he saw Remus' eyes. There was no doubt that his brother had spent a lot of time crying recently. Dean practically jumped from his chair, kneeling next to Remus' bed and grabbing his hand. "Remus? What's the matter? What happened? Are you okay?" He hated seeing Remus like this, it tore at his heart. Someone like Remus didn't deserve to hurt like this, it just wasn't fair. Dean wished, as he often did, that he could just take all this away from his brother and put it onto himself. He looked at his brother with concern while he waited to hear what happened to him.
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin February 1st 2011, 5:03 am

They are the bestest brothers ever!!! *thinks they should still be brothers in 3.0 as well...JS* XD

Remus almost jumped, startled, when his brother practically jumped from his chair, but when he felt Dean's hand in his he clung to it like a life line. "I'm fine, Dean, really. It's just...it was a tough night and then Jack..." he shook his head, not wanting to say it out loud. Saying it out loud would make it all the more real. "Want to join me up here? It'll be more comfortable..." Mostly he just didn't want to admit out loud that he wanted to lean against his brother, to hold tightly to his most favorite family member who brought him comfort, just like he'd done when he was younger.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas February 1st 2011, 5:12 am

AGREED.

Dean happily obliged and climbed on the bed next to his brother. He wrapped his arms around Remus' shoulder. "What did Jack do? Did he hurt you? Is that why you are here? I know with the full moon.." He saw that normal scrapes Remus tended to get, but maybe there was something he missed. His mind usually jumped to the worst conclusion when it came to situations like this. He rubbed little circles along Remus' shoulder and back, holding tightly to his brother that needed him right now.
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin February 1st 2011, 5:30 am

YAY!!
Sorry I was on the phone. ^^

Remus breaths a silent breath of relief when Dean joins him. He leans against his brother, feeling somewhat better already. Except for the fact that just thinking about it still made him feel like he was being torn apart inside. "No, he...we...well, he broke up with me and...it hurt so much more than I thought it could, Dean." He whispered softly. Saying it out loud was too much. He knew he'd have to say it again - he'd have to tell at least some of his closer friends - but, still, it hurt. "I'm only back here because when I left the hospital before, I hadn't eaten anything yet and hadn't slept much. After leaving..." Merlin, it hurt just to say his name, "I came back here cause I was feeling dizzy and didn't think I could make it back to the dorm. Which I probably wouldn't have...I kind of laid down and after a bit blacked out."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas February 1st 2011, 5:35 am

Dean gasped a little when he heard Jack broke up with Remus. He squeezed his brother a little tighter trying to think of something to say. He knew nothing could make him feel better, that it would just take time. "Remus, I am so sorry. Why did he end it? Did something happen? I'm so sorry I haven't been around as much as I should be." He felt terrible. He knew there was most likely nothing that he could have done to prevent something like this from happening, but he felt he should be around more to be there if Remus needed him.
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin February 1st 2011, 5:53 am

"It was just.." he rested his head on Dean's shoulder, not really wanting to talk about it but thinking that it may help in the long run - he had to get over this at some point, right? Even if it did take a while. "you know how I'm kind of, well, a lot, really, in love with Sirius? I was trying to forget about it and not let it get in the way of our relationship, but apparently I didn't try hard enough. That and the fact that, even though he told me it'd be fine if I continued my close friendship with Sirius just the way it'd been before, apparently he wasn't okay with it as he must have thought." His body shivered slightly from a suppressed sob and he bit his lower lip. "I just can't help thinking we could have worked through this..I mean, he didn't have to worry about me cheating on him or anything with Sirius - Sirius is straight, there's no way I'd have a chance with him and he made that perfectly clear - so we could have gotten through this, I just know it. I just don't understand why it had to end...I miss him so much already. When I heard the way he'd been talking and realized what was going to happen...I didn't even think about Sirius or anyone else. I just thought about Jack, how I didn't want to lose him...how I would miss him..."

[Oops...I have to go. Sad It's getting late and I'm going to have to get up earlier than usual to help clear off the snow and help clear ice. *kicks icky weather* LOVE YOU LOTS!!!]
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas February 1st 2011, 6:10 am

[GOODNIGHT!!! I WILL BE ON 90% OF THE DAY TOMORROW! I LOVE YOU!]

Dean was speechless. He really didn't know how he could make things better. "I'm so sorry Remus. I wish there was something I could do to help. Did you tell Jack that you wanted to work through this and be with him? Like you said, it's not like you'll be able to run off with Sirius." He held on tightly to his brother, wishing there was some way he could take away Remus' pain.
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin February 1st 2011, 2:11 pm

"...I didn't." Remus bite his lip, burrowing his face into his brother's shoulder. "I wish I had at least tried...but I'm just not a fighter, Dean, and somehow I think that even if I had tried it wouldn't have made any difference." Because my feelings for Sirius would still be there in the background, getting in our way...
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next