Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hospital Wing: Main Ward

+31
Lucius Malfoy
Albus Severus Potter
Lily Luna Potter
Claire McCann
Melanie McCann
Draco Malfoy
Ginny Weasley
James Sirius Potter
Ted Tonks
Romilda Vane
Parvati Patil
Fleur Delacour - Inactive
Adelia Whiteraven
Daphne Greengrass
Bellatrix Black
Reed Dawson
Andromeda Black
Nikki Orwell
Louis Weasley
Ronald Weasley
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Ravenclaw Mod
Jesse St. James
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Gabriel Djinn Whiteraven
Tristan Raksha
Sirius Black
Molly Prewett
Theodore Nott - Inactive
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Mya Lupin
35 posters

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Hospital Wing: Main Ward Empty The Hospital Wing: Main Ward

Post  Guest May 18th 2010, 6:47 am

Back to top Go down

The Hospital Wing: Main Ward Empty Re: The Hospital Wing: Main Ward

Post  Mya Lupin September 3rd 2010, 2:41 am

Molly pokes around in the HW, looking for some help. She heard the announcement that there were interns here now, and she's hoping one of them could help her out with a burn cream issue - she can't remember exactly how much aloe she's meant to add.

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven September 3rd 2010, 2:43 am

Raphael decided to check the stores of medicines in the Hospital Wing, and start enchanting the different tools and things needed in an emergency. Pulling out his wand, the beadwork flashing in the light. He heard someone walk through the door, and turned to see a diminutive ginger girl waiting there.
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

http://aydensilverflame7.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin September 3rd 2010, 2:47 am

Molly smiles when she spots the other person in the ward. "Hi! Are you the new intern? I'm Molly, and - oh! I'm not, like, interrupting or anything am I? I could come back later, I just had a teeny tiny question to ask," she says, her eyes taking in the work he's doing on the equipment appreciatively. Huh, way clever.

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven September 3rd 2010, 2:49 am

Raphael shrugged languidly. "Nah, you aren't interrupting. Raphael Whiteraven, pleased to make your acquaintance ma'am." he held out his hand for her to shake, after transferring his wand to his left. "What was the question?"
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin September 3rd 2010, 2:56 am

Molly grins to hear his polite southern drawl, and shakes his hand warmly. "Molly Prewett. Nice to meet you, Raphael. That's, like, a really cool name. Anyway, I was trying to make a general purpose burn cream, and the book I was using is kinda old and it said to add aloe at the end, but it didn't say how much. And I know if you put, like, too much in it can make burns and irritations flare up worse, which I would totally like to avoid, so I just thought I'd check, you know? Can you tell me how much aloe to put in?"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven September 3rd 2010, 3:02 am

Raphael thought for a moment. "Matters on the other ingredients, and the amounts of the medium that you're using." he waved his wand at a book in the office, and it came flying to him. Flipping through the pages he found a recipe he'd used often. "Now, i'd hate for you to start over but this one works really well. I've used it a lot, on my idiot brother." he moved over to a workbench and started pointing his wand at various ingredients. As he workd, he said the recipe out loud.

"8 ounces non-medicated lotion
5 drops clove oil
5 drops peppermint oil
2-4 teaspoons powdered comfrey root
2-4 tablespoons aloe vera gel."

He finished mixing and scooped the lotion out of the mortar, and into a small crock. "You can increase the aloe, if you want, and the comfrey. As long as it's not ingested, it's fine. The more you add of both the stronger it is." he smiled at her as the book lazily floated back to the desk in the office.
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin September 3rd 2010, 3:10 am

As he speaks aloud, Molly scribbles the recipe over her Arithmancy notes for future reference. There, now finally something useful on that parchment! She watches attentively as he mixes, and listens to his advice more carefully than she listens in most classes. She giggles slightly. "It's ok - I wouldn't mind starting again if it means I get it right. I have idiot brothers too, and the noise they'd make if I, like, made an injury worse for them would be, like, ridiculous."
She grins and makes a mental note about ingestion, and strengthening the concoction.
"Wow, you're really good at this! Well, I suppose you'd, like, have to be for them to take you here, right? I didn't even know we had interns at Hogwarts!"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven September 3rd 2010, 3:16 am

Pausing, he languidly shrugged again. "It's a bit of a special case, i guess, my brother and i being interns here...and i understand about idiot brothers. I have two, Gabriel and Magnus. Gabriel is the eldest, but the most thickheaded...and unfortunately the fellow intern. Magnus is fligthty, egotistical, and a smart ass." he winked at her. "I've more than once tipped in too much clove oil into that recipe to make his burns hurt worse, on 'accident'." he laughed, or cackled really, at the idea. He had noticed she had taken notes while he had prattled off the recipe. "If you're interested in learning more, i could totally let you copy some recipes out of my book."
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin September 3rd 2010, 3:25 am

Molly giggles and winks cheekily in response to his cackle. "Too much clove oil, you say? Gotcha. Wow - a lot of those words could be used to describe my big brothers, too! But they're total teddy bears at heart, really, long as you don't actually tell them or anyone else that they are. Oops," she shrugs, realising she's done just that. Oh well, they're teddy bears, they'll forgive her. She pauses, and then her eyes light up at his offer.
"OhmyGod! Really? That would be, like, so amazing! I'm really into healing and stuff - I've been looking after my three siblings since forever, but a lot of the books I have aren't all that crash hot, so I've just sort of muddled through as best I could. I bet your book is, like, the best and I'd totally love to see some recipes from it sometime! Thanks!" she all but squeals. "That's super, super generous of you!"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven September 3rd 2010, 3:35 am

He smiled at her and waved for the book again. "It's okay, i won't tell." he winked at her and smirked. "I try to be generous, it helps with the karma of it all. I tend to be...a little caustic to people sometimes. So i make it up by working and helping out in hospitals." Pulling out a small, empty journal he was going to use for new spells and medicines, he set a quill to copying over his most used recipes. "It'll be done in a little while, so while we wait would you like to learn about the different herbs- from a person that knows what he's doing?"
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin September 3rd 2010, 3:49 am

Molly greams. "Thanks! You must have, like, a billion karma points or whatever by now. I'd totally love to learn more about herbs, because there's kind of only one I'm all that acquainted with myself, and I don't think it's really a healing herb, despite the feel-goodness of it." Sometimes Molly doesn't think before she speaks. "And you know, um, I could totally help out in return, if you ever needed another pair of hands. But I guess you and your bother wouldn't want, like, a novice type getting underfoot all the time, so that's totally cool." She tosses her hair over her shoulder and fixes an attentive gaze on Raphael, ready to soak in the knowledge.

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven September 3rd 2010, 4:18 am

Raphael shook his head. "If i need you, you'll know. Things can get nasty in a school, especially one with so many rivals as this one..." He beckoned for her to come over, and opened a lid. "Mint, good for any stomach troubles such as irregular bowel movements and nausea. Distill it as a tea, you can eat it fresh off the plant, or crush the leaves into some cold water and let it steep for a restorative. The scent helps with headaches, and the water mixture can too." and he went on, going over each herb in his stock, before coming to the last. "My favourite, chamomile. It can calm the mind and body. Make it as a tea with mint for stomach irregularities, drink it as a tea alone to help you sleep. Make a diluted tea for babies with colic, or satchels with lavender and sage to help cleanse an area...or use it with lavender to make scented pillows."
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin September 3rd 2010, 4:27 am

Molly grins when her offer of help isn't rejected, and listens attentively to his lesson on herbs. By the time he is through, her Arithmancy notes are no longer even visible amongst all her new scribbles, and there's ink all over her fingers from where she has been too hasty to worry about neatness. "My grandma always said a good cup of tea could fix most anything," she says with a little giggle. "I totally didn't realise at the time that she was, like, being literal!"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven September 3rd 2010, 4:41 am

"Grandmas know lots of things. I learned almost all of my herb-lore from mine." Which is true, since Joel's family uses lots of herbs...or we used to. "So, next time she prattles on about how to use this for that, always pay attention! Any questions?" The quill was almost finished copying by this time.
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin September 3rd 2010, 5:00 am

Molly frouts a little. "She died when I was, like, seven. She taught me all sorts of cool stuff about knitting and baking and all that jazz though. Anyway, would you say most of these herbs are cool to experiment with - like mixing them up a little to see if different combinations help with different little upsets? Or am I in for one helluva rough night if I try that? I totally don't want to make anyone's insides explode, least of all mine!"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Theodore Nott - Inactive September 3rd 2010, 5:04 am

-as Raph-

He shook his head again, his face sympathetic. "I'm sorry bout your Gram. As long as you make sure to do your research on them it's all good. Nothing that doesn't belong on the body in it. Nothing that doesn't belong on the skin on it, and make sure that they don't make a mess if they mix. You have to be very, very careful if you're experimenting."

Theodore Nott - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin September 3rd 2010, 5:11 am

Molly smiles. "Thanks," she says. "My grandma was pretty awesome, and I miss her still sometimes. Ok, so, checklist - make sure stuff is being applied in the right way. Cool. Try not to do anything stupid. Gotcha. And don't make a mess.... Damn. That's gonna be, like, a tough one. Well, I'll make it in my sister's corner of the room, she'll never notice. Thanks so much for all this, Raphael! It's been, like, super hard sometimes, trying to figure out the right way to do stuff without making it worse. Imagine how much easier life would be if Episkey! solved everything? Merlin, I hate to think what people would get up to then!"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Theodore Nott - Inactive September 3rd 2010, 5:22 am

-as Raph-

"I've actually never used Episkey. I worked in Muggle hospital a lot, and in infirmaries for the poor. I had to learn to set bones the natural way. But i understand what you mean. My brother would probably go off, become some sort of warrior, and get himself killed a few times." He laughed cynically.

Theodore Nott - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Mya Lupin September 3rd 2010, 5:33 am

Molly laughs as well, but her mirth is more amusement than cynicism. "My brothers would probably have, like, sword fights or something. Or try and fly without broomsticks, or pull the most foolish stunts imaginable on their motorbikes. Huh, I've never thought of trying muggle healing means before, when magical is so much more convenient. I can see where it has its uses though - if I worked with muggles I'd have to, like, obliviate them every time I healed them!"

Mya Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven September 3rd 2010, 7:15 pm

[I'm sorry i didn't rrply D:]

Raph laughed along with her. "I think we should keep our brothers away from each other, mine would most likely join them." He sobered, however, when she talked of Obliviate. "I hate that spell. It's like, you take the right of someone to remember...i see it as trespassing." he shook his head in annoyance. "It's one spell i wish had never been created."
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 7th 2010, 2:06 am

[Mya fail - totally missed this! Sad ]

Molly chuckles. "We'll definitely have to keep our families away from each other then." She tilts her head to the side, contemplating his words, and her face turns slowly serious. Yes, it is possible. "Huh. I, like, never really thought of that side of it before. I mean, growing up side by side with muggles you really sort of only think about how you'd have to protect the wizarding world from exposure and all that. I mean, the Ministry has, like, a whole squad dedicated to doing it! But I think you're totally right - it's kind of a violation. A pretty big one, really." She frowns, her thoughts babbling as much as she does, and naturally coming out of her mouth as well. "I wish that the Unforgivables had totally never been invented. But then I think that people, like, always manage to find ways to hurt each other anyway. It's kind of sad."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven September 7th 2010, 2:18 am

"That's the way to think." Raphael approved greatly. "You have to think about what your spells do to Muggles...and if you're a Healer, i think, you have the obligation to heal anyone. Including the Muggles." At her words about the Unforgivables, he nodded again. "Smart words for a young girl to say, and totally true. You don't even need spells to harm someone. All you need is the right root powder, or dust, or potion...all of which you'll learn sooner or later."
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 7th 2010, 2:28 am

"And sometimes you only need, like, the right words," Molly says, nodding. There we have it, people - the most insightful thing the girl will ever say. She colours a little at Raphael's praise. "Thanks - occasionally I get stuff right. Just usually not in class," she says with a little giggle, because she really is not a scholar. "I think the guilt would totally be overwhelming if I didn't try to help someone just because they were muggle, or different or whatever. A lot of the other pureblood families sort of look down on my family because we're friends with muggles, and we don't really care that they're muggles or whatever, because they're just cool people. It's just... people are people, you know?" she rambles, and Mya marvels at Molly's thought processes.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven September 7th 2010, 2:39 am

Raphael cocked his head to the side. "Pureblood families in the States aren't as rigid or prejudiced as they are here. My family for one, we don't discriminate...we're been through plagues and wars and understand that in the basis, everyone is the same. No matter colour or if they can wield magic. Now, not all of them are the same...but quite a few are." he pointed to the book. "It's finished copying for you. There's plenty of space for you to write in your own recipes and notes." he smiled as he past her the book.
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next