Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden Rooftop Garden

+13
Draco Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Molly Prewett
Melanie McCann
Marlene McKinnon
Teddy Lupin
Claire McCann
Parvati Patil
Fleur Delacour - Inactive
Romilda Vane
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Lucy Weasley
Sirius Black
17 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Hidden Rooftop Garden - Page 4 Empty Re: Hidden Rooftop Garden

Post  Marlene McKinnon April 6th 2011, 12:24 pm

Marlene smirks. "Right. Good plan. Although that would be kinda depressing," she considers, absentmindedly slipping another cigarette out of the packet and lighting it up. "I think I'd rather be dead than stuck in the long term care. I wonder if people's families even bother visiting them after a while, you know? I bet most people would find it easier to just count them as dead if they were never going to get better." She takes a long drag and releases the smoke into the air, the morbid thoughts staying with her.
Marlene McKinnon
Marlene McKinnon
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann April 6th 2011, 4:29 pm

Melanie thought over what she was saying and nodding in agreement. "Yeah, you're probably right." She said with a small smile and a nod. "If I was in long term care and I was there for over a few months I would probably just ask them to pull the plug and kill me. I mean who would really want to live any longer if you were like bedridden for the rest of your life? Or if you couldn't remember anything? I think the worst thing to be thought is like just a vegetable, you know? I would hate to not be able to really speak or think properly. I would definitely want to have someone pull the plug, just kill me now rather than let me live for years doing nothing productive."
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett April 7th 2011, 3:17 am

-Marlene-

"Yeah - if it gets to the point where you're not even really able to live anymore, why would you want to be alive? I wouldn't want that, and I wouldn't want anyone I cared about the be stuck doing that, either." Marlene pauses then, raising her eyebrows slightly in interest. "'Pull the plug'? That's a pretty muggle expression," she comments.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann April 7th 2011, 3:30 am

"Exactly." She said with a small nod. "I am definitely going to tell my parents that if I am ever like that in some long term area that they can just get rid of me and kill me off next time I see them." She said, making a mental note to do that when she went home over the summer. "Yeah..." She said, replying to how it was a muggle expression. "I suppose a lot of muggles do use it."
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett April 7th 2011, 3:59 am

-Marlene-

"I've had a will written since I was thirteen," Marlene says, because she really is a morbid chick. "So, does that make you a muggle-born, or a half-blood, or are you just really up on muggle stuff?" she wonders, even though it's probably rude to ask. "I'm half."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann April 7th 2011, 4:02 am

"Really? Huh, maybe I should get on that and write one then." She said with a small nod. "I'm a half-blood." She told her with a small nod, not really finding the question rude at all. "I grew up more in a muggle type community though so I know a lot about them." She said with a shrug.
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett April 7th 2011, 4:19 am

-Marlene-

Marlene shrugs. "It wasn't that I had a lot of stuff, it's just that I wanted to know everything would be taken care of in the way I'd want it to be, you know? Oh, that's cool. Yeah my Dad's muggle-born so I grew up mostly magical, but we spend a bit of time with family so I got an alright mix of the muggle things too, I guess. Well, obviously," she says, gesturing to her cigarette, which is decidedly muggle somehow.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann April 7th 2011, 4:32 am

Melanie nods. "Yeah, that's understandable. I would hate it if I died and someone I hated ended up getting all of my valuables that I own. I would want them to go to whoever I wanted." She said with a small nod. Melanie nodded. "Yeah, my mom's side of the family are all mugggles so whenever we go and have family dinners and stuff I learn all about muggle things." She told her with a small nod. "I don't know, some pure-bloods talk about how all things muggle are stupid and useless but some of their little inventions are actually pretty cool."
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett April 7th 2011, 5:26 am

-Marlene-

"Muggle things would surprise wizards with how useful they are, if wizards ever cared enough to take notice," Marlene shrugs. "Most purebloods I know are completely shit at almost everything without their wands; all you gotta do is disarm them and you've won. Guess most magical people work on the assumption that if you've lost your wand, you're as good as dead."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann April 7th 2011, 5:29 am

Melanie nodded in agreement. "Yeah pretty much." She agreed. "To be honest I barely ever use my wand. I normally just do things the muggle way." She said with a small shrug. "Unless I am feeling really lazy that day, but the muggle way really is not that difficult, I don't get why Wizards think it is."
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett April 7th 2011, 5:34 am

-Marlene-

"They think they're better than it, I reckon," Marlene supposes. "I don't see what's so wrong with the muggle way for a lot of things, but I guess most witches and wizards are afraid to get their hands dirty. I reckon that's half the fun, sometimes," she laughs. Marlene doesn't mind a bit of hard work, and she figure the more she can do for herself, the more likely she is to survive just a little longer when she's out there in the thick of the war.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann April 7th 2011, 5:42 am

Melanie nodded. "Yeah, exactly. They think they are so much better than muggles." She said, rolling her eyes slightly. "I don't get it though, I see everyone as equal. It's not like it's their fault they were born a muggle either." She said with a small shrug and a sigh. "And yeah, getting a little dirty is pretty fun sometimes." She says in agreement with a small grin.
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett April 7th 2011, 5:56 am

-Marlene-

Marlene takes a moment to snicker to herself about all the connotations of getting dirty being fun, a little smirk staying on her lips. "There's good and bad everywhere and in everything. Even people. But I guess some people are more into the good in them, and some run with the bad. S'pose it's like Dumbledore says, you know? That the choices are more important than what a person is. Whatever," she shrugs, finishing her next cigarette.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann April 7th 2011, 6:00 am

Melanie cocked her head slightly to the side when Marlene snickered and smirked slightly, not realizing what was so funny. "Yeah, that's true, everyone does have a little bad and a little good in them." She said with a small nod. She definitely thought of herself as someone who showed more of her good side. Except when she was around Lucius, then her bad side came out because she had a strong hatred towards that man. "Yeah, I don't know if I have ever heard him say that since I barely ever see the guy but I'll take your words on it." She said with a small smile.
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett April 7th 2011, 6:16 am

-Marlene-

Marlene shrugs. "Well, that's technically hearsay because I don't think I've heard much from him except at the feasts and stuff, but it sounds like something Dumbledore would say, doesn't it? And if he hasn't, he can pay me royalties to use it. Bet he could probably make it sound more eloquent though. Whatever."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann April 7th 2011, 6:22 am

Melanie laughed lightly. "Yeah, I've only talked to him one on one once and it wasn't really one on one since my parents were there but whatever." She said with a light shrug. "Since then I haven't heard or seen him much except for at the Welcome back feast after winter vacation." She said with a small nod. "Yeah, I'm sure if he said it everyone would be quoting it. Who knows? Maybe you could be famous one day for being the original person to think of it." She said with a small grin and a playful wink.
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett April 7th 2011, 6:46 am

-Marlene-

Marlene cracks up laughing at the thought. "Totally! And if nobody believes me, I can get the Quibbler to run a story on it! I can see the headline now; Famous Dumbledore slogan actually coined by seventeen year old schoolgirl. If that ran in the Quibbler, everyone would have to believe me," she says, snorting at the concept. "You know, sometimes I wonder how much of the stuff in there is actually true, but nobody would ever believe it anyway."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann April 7th 2011, 6:50 am

Melanie gave her a small grin. "Well, you have one eye witness right here who was there when you first thought of it." She said with a light laugh. "If you ever need someone to help tell someone that you were the one to say it, I'm your girl." She said with a light laugh and then gave her a slightly confused look as she went on about the Quibbler. "What's the Quibbler?" She asked curiously.
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett April 7th 2011, 6:55 am

-Marlene-

"Awesome. Thanks, Mel," Marlene laughs. "Ah, it's a magazine. It's one of those ones that most people tend to think of as a joke because most of the stories they run are completely wacko. But it's got a bit of an underground following and I reckon the editor must be a pretty cool guy to find some of these stories, so whatever. I'm pretty sure his daughter might be in Ravenclaw actually, but she's a couple years younger than me maybe."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann April 7th 2011, 6:58 am

Melanie shrugs lightly. "No problem." She says with a light laugh. "Huh, interesting. I'll have to check it out sometime." She said with a small nod. "I always feel so stupid when people mention little things like that here and I don't know about them since I'm relatively new." She said shaking her head slightly. "I supposed I'll get all caught up to date eventually though."
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett April 7th 2011, 7:11 am

-Marlene-

"Hey, if you're new, you're new. It's not your fault you don't know everything that people who've been going here the whole time know. And if anyone has a problem with that, screw them. Who cares what they think?" Marlene says with a shrug. She doesn't waste time worrying what other people think of her, she figures it doesn't matter at the end of the day. "If you have questions about stuff here, you can always come ask me. I don't care if you think it's a stupid question or whatever, I'll answer it," she offers, trying to be helpful in her own slightly abrasive way.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann April 7th 2011, 7:16 am

Melanie nods and grins widely. "Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't care what anyone thinks of me." She said with a small shrug. She really shouldn't care what people say about her because in the end it didn't matter when she really thought about it. Barely any of the kids in this school would matter after she graduated. And maybe one day, when she is a healer and they are about to die, she will take her lunch break or clock out for the day. "Well thanks, Marlene." She said with a smile. "I'm glad to know I have someone here who I can go to if I need something."
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett April 7th 2011, 7:28 am

-Marlene-

Mya has a confession to make: She sometimes plans her breaks or RDO's around people she hates needing stuff. >.>

"I guess it's easier said than done sometimes," Marlene concedes. "I just don't have the energy for all that unimportant crap anymore. I used to, but I guess I just got a reality check," she says, her face going a little blank for a moment before she paves over it and carries on. "Sure, anytime. Let me know if anyone bothers you, too - I'm always up for keeping my duelling skills sharp."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann April 7th 2011, 7:34 am

Confession: Neville used to hide during her lunch breaks in the back room so that nobody would ask her for anything while she was on her break because she hated her job so much. She also used to pretend to do homework whenever her boss asked her to work an extra day or when she wasn't supposed to so that she didn't get busy work.

"Yeah, that's true." She said in agreement as Marlene said that it was easier said than done sometimes. "Yeah, I should probably stop caring what people think about me." She said with a small nod. "I am sure I will be able to do it eventually, it's not too hard to just ignore people anyways." She said with a light shrug. "Alright, I'll make sure to get the names of anyone who bugs me." She said with a small smile, wondering if she should give her Lucius' name and ask her to murder him violently.
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett April 7th 2011, 7:46 am

-Marlene-

Mya loves Nev.

"Awesome," Marlene says with an evil grin. Sure, there's Rose's vendetta against Scorpius Malfoy to consider, but that's really Rose's fight. Marlene's just there for moral support and hopefully to get a good laugh. "Anyway, I gotta go. See you around, Mel," Marlene says with a grin, hopping off the bench and leaving the garden because Mya has a meeting to go to now. Boo.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next