Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Library: Between The Stacks

+22
Audrey Stevenson
Parvati Patil
Scorpius Malfoy
Melanie McCann
Lucius Malfoy
Krasimir Svetkova
Ted Tonks
James Sirius Potter
Nikki Orwell
Andromeda Black
Aurelia Silverwing
Viktor Krum - Inactive
KingsleyShacklebolt Inact
Draco Malfoy
Dean Thomas
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Lily Evans
Sirius Black
Remus Lupin
Ravenclaw Mod
Mya Lupin
Molly Prewett
26 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Library: Between The Stacks - Page 3 Empty Re: The Library: Between The Stacks

Post  Sirius Black September 13th 2010, 4:14 pm

"Yeah, I've been meaning to get around to taking a look around in there, but haven't gotten a chance yet. I can see why this place got that reputation, it's truly spectacular! The things you could do with this kind of material, it's amazing. Just this past week I found a great old textbook on defensive spells and technique, I'd never thought of using some of them in that way before. I love dueling, well I mean, not that I like getting in fights, I just like to practice, given my goals of becoming an auror. That's another reason I transferred, I figured a little international background could only be a boost when applying for a job," he replied, glancing around at the books nearby as he did so.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

http://eowynchester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Library: Between The Stacks - Page 3 Empty Re: The Library: Between The Stacks

Post  Lily Evans September 13th 2010, 4:22 pm

"Defensive Magic is more important than ever," Lily says firmly. "I'm not surprised you found a useful text on the subject - there are actually quite a few of those in the collection, if you know where to look. Personally I'm not looking to become an Auror, I'd rather be a Healer myself, but I can't deny how useful Defense is. Shame we struggle to find competent teachers here some years. So will you become an Auror here, or back home, do you think? I don't know much about the American Magical community of course, but I do know it's quite the challenge here," she chats, curious to learn about another culture.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy September 13th 2010, 4:36 pm

[Eowyn would like me to let you know that sorry she ditched you, but she left to chase after a greek god of a man who is well versed in history, philosophy, and mythology, and he better be straight. Wink]
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 13th 2010, 4:38 pm

[hahahahaha Thanks! It's all good, I read it in the other thread. She'd better fucking make me proud, though! Wink]
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy September 13th 2010, 4:48 pm

[Yep, it's only acceptable if she's successful.]
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 13th 2010, 6:03 pm

[Uhh... define succesful. If you mean, did I get to stare at him and notice three small tattoos I didn't notice last week, then yes. If you mean introducing myself and learning his name, then yes. If you mean did I actually talk to him besides that, then, uh...]
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett September 13th 2010, 6:11 pm

[*stares* Well... I can't talk, I didn't even get further than that with Andrew the semester I had a class with him, and look how that turned out... Off to bed now, love. If you respond, I'll reply in the morning. Love you xx]
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 13th 2010, 8:46 pm

Lily Evans wrote:"Defensive Magic is more important than ever," Lily says firmly. "I'm not surprised you found a useful text on the subject - there are actually quite a few of those in the collection, if you know where to look. Personally I'm not looking to become an Auror, I'd rather be a Healer myself, but I can't deny how useful Defense is. Shame we struggle to find competent teachers here some years. So will you become an Auror here, or back home, do you think? I don't know much about the American Magical community of course, but I do know it's quite the challenge here," she chats, curious to learn about another culture.

"I don't know, I was thinking about starting out with some work here, while I keep training, I've bought a flat in London that I set up a few days before I left for Hogwarts, actually. As for Healing, I admire that greatly. I've never been one for healing myself, I was always better at offensive spells, and the such, curses, even, but healing was always a weakness of mine. I can do the basics, but nothing advanced, honestly," he replied, finding Lily to be quite interesting.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 14th 2010, 1:08 am

An eyebrow arches in Lily's pale face. "So I'll either have you to blame for overloading me with work, or to thank for keeping me in a job, depending on your perspective?" she says, but her eyes sparkle slightly with amusement and she chuckles. Softly, of course, as they are in a Library after all. "London, hmm? Well, you'll be right in the thick of it there from both a magical and a muggle standpoint. My family lives in Spinner's End, near Birmingham. It's north-west of London, but I think when I graduate next year I'd quite like to live in the city. Just for a year or two, not forever," she muses.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 14th 2010, 1:30 am

"That sounds nice. I've been meaning to pay a visit to the countryside, perhaps during Christmas break, I have family there, it'll be nice! I'm afraid I'm geographically challenged, so I have no idea where Spinner's End is, though," he replied, readjusting the stack of books in his muscular arms. "But yeah, I do suppose we're helping each other out! Though, if I'm doing my job right, you'll have less patients, not more of them, to be fair," he laughed.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 14th 2010, 1:38 am

"Or more patients who have to be handcuffed to the bedrail, perhaps, if you're doing your job right" Lily smirks. "The countryside is always nice.... for a few days. If you've got a good book. It's very pretty, and very relaxing, and can be very, very dull," she warns. "Most people tend to holiday in Brighton, at the beach, instead. It's way down south, but it's not going to be much good to anyone at Christmastime, in the dead of winter of course."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 14th 2010, 1:49 am

"Eh, I don't like to leave the enemy in such a state as to be delivered to St. Mungo's. In my eyes, it's Azkaban, or death, if you're worth me fighting. I wouldn't be the kind to waste my skills on anything less than the worst," he replied, though without the tone of arrogance one man such as Potter might have used. "Yeah, I don't see the beach being particularly useful when I'm trying not to die from frost bite! But perhaps in the summer, I'll make a trip down there. I've got all the time in the world, fortunately, it pays off to work while you're in school, the way I see it. That way, you've got the money when you're done to do all the things you dream about doing, when you're young enough to actually enjoy doing them."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 14th 2010, 1:57 am

Lily arches an eyebrow, something in Caradoc's words, if not his demeanour, reminding her far too much of Potter for her liking. Still, he seems very nice overall so far, so she lets it slide with a joke for the time being. "I didn't realise Aurors got to be so picky about the criminals they pursue. That must be nice. Maybe when I'm a Healer I'll be able to pick and choose all the best cases," she says with a cheeky little smile. "Oh, you work? Summer jobs around here don't pay all that much, I just assumed you must have family money to be buying flats in the middle of London," she shrugs.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 14th 2010, 2:00 am

"No, I made my own money, my parents weren't really rich. My dad made a lot of money as an Auror, but he gave most of it away, actually. No, I had a few jobs actually. I worked in a tattoo and piercing parlor for fun, but my main job was modeling, back in the states actually. I also make a fair bit of money doing less savory tasks, but I somehow doubt you're the type to wanna hear about that, no offense, of course," he laughed, deciding that he liked this girl, as she seemed witty, sort of like Pansy.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 14th 2010, 2:14 am

"Well that's interesting. Certainly different from shopgirl in a bookstore, at any rate." She laughs, a little incredulous at Rad's assessment of her. "Half a conversation and you've got me all figured out, have you? What makes you think I wouldn't want to know about your less-than-savoury dealings? Well, quite frankly you're right about that, because having met you about ten minutes ago I don't particularly care, but now that you've brought it up I'm going to have to feign interest to be polite. Such is the convention of polite small-talk, I suppose," she smirks.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 14th 2010, 3:20 am

"Well, most people tend to disapprove of potheads, so I don't see you approving of my dealings in gillyweed. However, now that it's out there, you're totally free to buy from me anytime, or just share a blunt or cookie. Also, as I am not one for conventional small talk typically, I feel safe saying there is no real need for feigning interest, and I will take no offense whatsoever if you wish for me to leave you to your studying, as most people in the library in the early morning would prefer. On the other hand, you seem fairly entertaining and likable, and I would genuinely like to get to know you better, Miss Lily," he replied with a grin, curling his fingers around the gillyweed leaf pendant around his neck.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 14th 2010, 3:57 am

Lily shrugs. "Not my place to approve or disapprove, really. As long as it's not shoved in my face, I hardly see why I should worry. Of course, as a prefect, if I was to come across anyone using gillyweed within the school grounds I'd be forced to take action, but if I don't see it then it's not exactly my problem, is it? And you're not disturbing me from studying, I don't mind you being here. I'm just browsing right now, anyway," she says, smiling and a little flattered by his, well, flattery.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 14th 2010, 4:04 am

Caradoc, unlike Sirius, doesn't waste time with false flattery on women. Guys are a different story, because you know, being an Opportunistic Seme has it's days, but you know, Lily probably doesn't know he's gay, so he might actually -gasp- seem genuinely interested! Because he totally is. "Well, as long as I'm not keeping you from your work! I see you're a Gryffindor, I'm a Puff, obviously. It's weird for me, because we didn't have houses where I came from, but most of my friends are Gryffindors, it seems, though one of my friends is a Slytherin. Are you a seventh year as well? You seem more mature than the younger students, is all."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 14th 2010, 4:17 am

"I'm not all that friendly with any Puffs. Only a few Ravenclaws, aside from my own housemates. I did have a good friend in Slytherin, but idealistic differences took care of that last year. No," she says, a little surprised by his question. "I'm not in seventh, I'm in sixth. I suppose it all depends on personality, doesn't it? Some of my year mates could easily be taken for really tall third years," she informs him with a derisive little snort. At this stage, she's just enjoying having a conversation with a member of the opposite sex that doesn't involve the words 'hey Evans - go out with me?' "That's a little odd, I wonder how they would organise the dorms at Hogwarts if not for the houses."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 14th 2010, 4:25 am

"Oh, I have a few Ravenclaw friends! One of my best friends is in Ravenclaw, her name is Luna, she's so sweet! But yeah, I know what you mean, there are guys my age that I could easily mistake for prepubescent males, the way they act, sometimes. It's annoying, really. There is more to life than women, after all," he laughed, by which he means, because, in life, there is also men, but Lily doesn't need to know that. Nope.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 14th 2010, 4:33 am

"Luna Lovegood?" Lily asks, her forehead creasing in thought. "I know her by reputation, but not personally. She seems like an interesting girl - I heard her father publishes the Quibbler." She laughs lightly, appreciating a seemingly mature male point of view. Speaking of, she really should hang out with Remus more often. The trick there is avoiding Potter, of course. "Of course there's more to life than women - there's pranks and quidditch too, apparently," she quips, rolling her eyes slightly and thinking of how annoying Potter is, and how well she's done to avoid him so far.

[I'm heading off to work now love, I don't know when I'll get time to respond next. xxoo]
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 14th 2010, 6:06 am

"Oh, pranks and quidditch are well and fun, but I've never been one for obsessing over sports, really. I play for the Hufflepuff team now, actually, but it's always been more of a recreational thing, not an obsessive need, or even really a hobby, for me. I like to be well rounded," he replied, running a hand through his hair as he looked at Lily. "Personally, I spend a lot more of my time playing guitar and singing, though I haven't written a song since I moved to London. Actually, that's not true, I wrote one during the flight over here, the muggle planes can take a while, and I was bored. But yeah, my guitar and I are like some guys are about their quidditch, so I can't totally criticize."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 14th 2010, 11:16 am

"I'm tone deaf," Lily admits with a sheepish grin. "I'd love to be able to play the piano, but I just couldn't do it. Nor do I have the time, really, with my studies and friends, and prefect duties to boot. Sometimes I sing at home, but only to torture my sister," she smirks. Mya thinks we should probably end this now because she's going to have a crappy week at work and doesn't want to drag too many things on, so Lily is going now.
"Well it was a pleasure to meet you Caradoc, but I think I'll be heading to the Great Hall now. I'll take advantage of the early morning for breakfast before the ravenous wolves storm in and decimate the bacon. See you around," she says with a friendly smile, and glides smoothly towards the Library doors.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 14th 2010, 2:59 pm

Caradoc waves and leaves.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 15th 2010, 4:14 am

Remus is back here....cause he's Remus. And Remus spends a lot of time in the library. He's sitting and writing in his journal. Oh boy. Mostly because no one else is around...for now.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next