Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf

+4
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Molly Prewett
Gellert Grindelwald Inact
Dominique Weasley
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf Empty The Library: Behind a Bookshelf

Post  Dominique Weasley June 28th 2010, 5:56 am

[Because the library is currently occupied...so yeah.]

Albus walks quietly into the library, glancing around and noticing that it's not empty. Because of this, he decides to situate himself in the corner, not wanting anyone to intrude on what he is doing. After dropping his bag on a table, he moves to the restricted section of the library, gaining access because he is a seventh year, and glances at the titles in the "D" section. His hand quickly reaches out and grasps a few books under the Dark Arts category. Once he has a few, he makes his way back to the hidden table and begins to read.
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf Empty Re: The Library: Behind a Bookshelf

Post  Gellert Grindelwald Inact June 28th 2010, 6:03 am

Gellert walks in, and, glancing around, sees Albus reading a heavy book at a table in an alcove next to the Restricted section. He hesitates, then walks towards him, placing his hands on the back of a chair next to Albus and looking at him for a moment before speaking. "Hey," he says, quietly, not wanting to alert (ALERT) anyone else in the library of their presence, "Secrets of the Darkest Art?" He asked, the corner of his mouth twitching slightly as he cocked his head to the side in order to see the title of the book Albus was reading.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley June 28th 2010, 6:14 am

His attention having been completely on the book, somewhat enraptured by what he is reading, he jumps slightly when he hears a voice. The book falls from his hands and drops to the table, while his head turns quickly to the side. "Oh, Gellert," he breathes out, feeling rather relieved that it was Gellert who caught him reading about the Dark Arts and not another student or faculty member. "Err, yeah," he says while glancing at the book on the table. "Just doing a bit of...light reading."
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Gellert Grindelwald Inact June 28th 2010, 6:17 am

He grins- he had, in fact, read that book in this very spot only a few weeks before. "Light?" he asks, "if you call that light, I would be...fascinated...to know what you think is dark. You're interested in the Dark Arts too, then? You kept that quiet," he told the other, tucking a flyaway curl behind his ear and gesturing to the chair, "Mind if I sit down?" he asked, cooly, already lowering himself into the chair.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley June 28th 2010, 6:21 am

"Go ahead," he says, but his answer is useless as Gellert sits down before he can fully reply. "I didn't mean in terms of light and dark," he says with a slight eye roll. "It's just...ever since the conversation we had by the lake, my curiosity has been piqued. I mean, if there are such things that could bring one power, then I suppose it's important that these things end up in the right hands," he says while subconsciously toying with the cover of the book.
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Gellert Grindelwald Inact June 28th 2010, 6:52 am

Gellert thinks about this for a moment, then replies, musingly, "That's the thing about power though, isn't it? Humans are power hungry- and life is short, and all just a war of man against man, and all ultimately for power. I don't honestly think that you can ever really know whose hands power should really fall into- for only when one has power do they really either abuse it or put it to good use. Many, I think, don't realize that power comes with sacrifice; hardly anyone eventually gets such power, and only a man in a million has thought further than that- up to what to do with it." He glanced at Albus' avid expression and inclined his head, "perhaps you think differently though?" he asked, interestedly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley June 28th 2010, 7:09 am

"I agree that people often abuse power and very few put it to good use. It seems that that's the way that power will always be. I don't know what I would do with power," he says glancing at the book and then back at Gellert. "I mean, I'd want it to be in my hands rather than those of another power hungry person. Though, does that just make me selfish in the end? I mean, maybe it's because I am blinded by the thought that I would only put the power to good use. Only use it for good," he says with a small shrug. "As if the power would be safer in my hands than in another's. I suppose that does make me selfish," he muses, shaking his head slightly so his hair flips to the side.
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Gellert Grindelwald Inact June 28th 2010, 7:35 am

He looked at Albus curiously- watched him as he spoke so animatedly, noticing for the first time the way his hair flipped to the side- he was undeniably attractive, and as Gellert studied him, he tried to figure out whether the other was gay or not. "I suppose most of us are selfish, in the end," he said, "Then again, power is a selfish thing, but the best rulers are selfish, too. One can't step into a position of power without a certain amount of conceit- in order to do a job well one must believe in themselves, and believing you can be something like, for instance, Minister of Magic, means that you must put yourself in an awfully high esteem. It's really the impression that you give your people about your power, then- being a good actor has always been a vital attribute of anyone with power, I suppose," he says, running his finger absentmindedly against the opposite wrist along the circle of the ressurection stone on his Hallows tattoo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley June 28th 2010, 8:16 am

"Yes, I suppose that's true too. It's all about making others believe. Gaining their trust, even if you are just luring them into a false sense of security," he says. He studies Gellert's profile for a moment while considering all that Gellert has said. He finds himself trusting and believing everything that Gellert has told him, but what if it's all been lies and falsities as well? Gellert hasn't given him any reason to doubt his trust and he has been rather open with his views and opinions. With the power that Albus found himself seeking, he thinks of how with Gellert, the two would be unstoppable. "You want this power, yes?" he asks while glancing into Gellert's eyes. "What if we work together, like thunder and lightening? I don't want to seem arrogant, but I am far from stupid. Together, we could both find a way to posses this power that you talk of."
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Gellert Grindelwald Inact June 28th 2010, 6:51 pm

Gellert's icy eyes slid, carefully, over Albus' face. He was handsome, but in the way that he wasn't exactly sure what to do with his good looks, he was earnest- Gellert could see that from his eyes, and he was extraordinarily intelligent, that much was obvious. Gellert was not one to accept help from anyone, though- no, he functioned alone, but there was something undeniably appealing about Albus' offer: something undeniably appealing about working with Albus. There was something about him that Gellert was drawn to, perhaps it was just that here was finally somebody that could keep up with Gellert intellectually, and although he had no intention of accepting the offer, it seemed that the words were out of his mouth before he could stop them. "We could indeed," he said, his voice soft, "two is, after all, better than one. Gellert and Albus," he drew his hand out in the air, as if gesturing to some vague place in the future, "we could be unstoppable."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley June 29th 2010, 1:18 am

"That we could be," Albus finds himself replying, a small smile sliding onto his face. His thoughts stray away from the conversation for a moment, and he loses himself to potential power the two could acquire. The idea is extremely alluring. The glory, the esteem, the escape. His thoughts momentarily slip to his family. His father in Azkaban, his mother stuck at home and caring for his sister, and his brother whom Albus was sure resented him and his natural brilliance. Is he selfish for wanting to escape and for once have glory associated with his last name? Perhaps, but he finds his interest too deep to stop. "We could do great things with this power," he murmurs aloud. "Unstoppable, yet great things."
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Gellert Grindelwald Inact June 29th 2010, 1:25 am

Gellert bites his lip, silent for a minute. There was surely something going on in Albus' mind, something that he was thinking- yes, Gellert had always been able to pick up things like that. "What's going on in there?" he asked, curiously- he had a sudden longing to know much more about Albus Dumbledore, surely, if they were going to do this- if they were going to seize power together- they should get to know each other much better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley June 29th 2010, 1:36 am

Albus' gaze snaps to Gellert's eyes. "Oh," he says somewhat surprised. "I was just thinking of my family," he admits with ease. "Just factoring them into this equation. The power is worth it though. I don't mind giving all of my attention to obtaining the glory that will come with our findings. I...I love my family," he quietly confesses with Gellert, "but I feel like there is no way out. I feel like I am going to be the one that has to bear the responsibility within my family if I remain at home. I want a way out."
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Gellert Grindelwald Inact June 29th 2010, 1:51 am

Gellert thought about this, momentarily troubled. "I can't pretend I really know what you're talking about, see, both my parents were murdered when I was quite young, and so they've never really...impacted...my decisions. Doing this, though, I honestly don't see how anything can be accomplished without sacrifices- but I do know when there's something you want, you can't let anything- or anyone- stand in your way," he says, thoughtfully.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley June 29th 2010, 2:59 am

"I'm sorry," Albus murmurs softly upon hearing that Gellert's parents were murdered. He knows that this apology will have no impact, yet he feels it necessary to express his sorrow for the man. Though Albus' father is to remain in Azkaban for the rest of the his life, he at least has his mother. He couldn't bear the thought of losing his mother too, for that would surely ruin any plans to gain prestige and honour in the wizarding world if he were to have to be responsible for his brother and sister. "I want this," he finds himself saying. "I want the pride, the glory, the prestige that this power you speak of can bring. I don't care about the sacrifices," he finds himself admitting, once a subconscious thought that he now suddenly realizes. "I'm willing to do what it takes," he says, his eyes looking directly into Gellert's.
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Gellert Grindelwald Inact June 30th 2010, 4:36 am

Gellert meets Albus' gaze- he wasn't one to look away, but it seemed that Albus wasn't either. He wondered if they would be caught in this staring game forever, and he wasn't entirely sure that was something that he would object to. "Then you will, Albus- we will, but I think that I should tell you more about...about what we were talking about last time- so guardedly on my part- of course, I had no reason to think that any friendship nor partnership would come between us- but if you would like to hear, then I should probably explain- about, about the Death Hallows?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley June 30th 2010, 4:53 am

Albus' mind quickly runs through what Gellert says. "The Hallows? But...I thought they were merely a children's tale. Nothing more than for easing the fear of death that children, and many adults, possess. What could a child's tale have to do with power?" he questions aloud. He briefly tries to recall the exact story, but it has been ages since he has read the Tale of the Three Brothers. "I...I recall the part of the story about the cloak and briefly remember the wand. The rest slips my mind," he admits.
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Gellert Grindelwald Inact June 30th 2010, 5:25 am

"Every myth," he says, voice low, "is sparked from some reality- yes, the wand, the cloak, and the stone- the resurrection stone- were real. I doubt that they were made by Death- that seems the kind of story to spark up around such objects- but I do think that they were made and possessed by the three brothers of the story. Each has its unique power, but the true magic is when they are united, for whoever can unite the Hallows becomes the master, conqueror, vanquisher- of death- in short, invincible." His voice dropped dramatically at the end, and he watched Albus carefully to gauge his reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley June 30th 2010, 6:12 am

"Invincible," he mumurs, his eyes going slightly wide as his mind runs through the possibilities, the implications. Now the idea of glory makes sense, for being invincible would undoubtedly give them power. He finds himself desiring this power, especially after knowing that it is in some way accessible. "These brothers, do you know who they are? Do you know where these objects could possibly be?" he asks, subconsciously moving forward in his seat slightly as his excitement grows.
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Gellert Grindelwald Inact June 30th 2010, 6:16 am

"The three brothers- no, I've- I've been doing a lot of research, focusing on them lately, and the only object that has real solid history is the wand- the Elder Wand, because it is such a desirable object, it usually passes by murder, and murderers are generally boastful- and so there are some leads there," he waves his hand, half frustrated, exposing the Hallows tattoos on his wrist. His eyes flick over it for a moment, and he holds it out to Albus, shrugging, "that's them," he says, "the Hallows. Invisibility cloak," he traces his finger over the triangle, "elder wand," his finger moves up the line, "and resurrection stone."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley June 30th 2010, 6:31 am

Albus' eyes fall to the symbol on Gellert's wrist and he watches as he explains the significance of the markings. He is vaguely away of his own hand moving forward, his thin fingers gently trailing on the soft skin of Gellert's wrist as he traces the symbol himself. "I've seen this before," he murmurs, his eyebrows furrowing in deep thought as he tries to recall where he's seen it. "I...I feel like...I feel like I've seen it at home." He sits in silence for a moment while staring at the symbol, then quickly pulls his hand away when he realizes that it was still resting on Gellert's wrist. While sitting back in his chair, he realizes where. "In the graveyard. The graveyard at Godric's Hollow."
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Gellert Grindelwald Inact June 30th 2010, 6:53 am

Gellert looks at Albus excitedly, a smile smile falling onto his lips as he feels the other man's fingers on his wrist- he would have thought that it sent tingles up his spine except that nobody ever sent tingles up Gellert's spine, no, it must have been that Gellert's spine was just especially tingly right then. "Godrics Hollow?" he asked, his voice no longer just a whisper, "you live there? Who's grave- do you remember? Could we...go there, maybe?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley June 30th 2010, 7:10 am

"I...I can't recall the name," he says shaking his head. "I just recall seeing the symbol on a gravestone while going to my father's marker. I know that it's somewhere in the cemetery, just not the exact location. We could go to Godric's Hollow together," he suggests boldly.
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Gellert Grindelwald Inact June 30th 2010, 7:43 am

Gellert runs a hand through his hair, fighting to keep a grin off his face. "Well, if we're doing this together, then I suppose we should. I've never been, and I have to admit- such a famous village, it intrigues me. I think we'd better," he says, determined not to make it obvious how very much he really wanted to go to to Godric's Hollow with Albus.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley June 30th 2010, 7:47 am

"Excellent," he says, a small smile slipping onto his face. He briefly thinks of the places that he plans to show Gellert while in Godric's Hollow, like his bedroom where they can have hot, passionate sex. "Whenever you're interested in going, let me know. I'm sure we'd be able to slip away from the school for a few hours undetected. I just feel like the sooner we start our pursuit, the better."
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next