Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Library: Between The Stacks

+22
Audrey Stevenson
Parvati Patil
Scorpius Malfoy
Melanie McCann
Lucius Malfoy
Krasimir Svetkova
Ted Tonks
James Sirius Potter
Nikki Orwell
Andromeda Black
Aurelia Silverwing
Viktor Krum - Inactive
KingsleyShacklebolt Inact
Draco Malfoy
Dean Thomas
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Lily Evans
Sirius Black
Remus Lupin
Ravenclaw Mod
Mya Lupin
Molly Prewett
26 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Library: Between The Stacks - Page 2 Empty Re: The Library: Between The Stacks

Post  Remus Lupin September 12th 2010, 11:04 pm

Remus smiles when Caradoc sits down opposite of him. He'd missed his new friend. "It's alright. How about yourself? Did you find out anymore of the information you wanted to from the books I showed you last time?" Remus remembered what they'd spoke about the last time they'd seen each other. He figured if there was anything else Caradoc wanted to know, then he could be of some help at least. Plus it'd help take his mind off things.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

The Library: Between The Stacks - Page 2 Empty Re: The Library: Between The Stacks

Post  Sirius Black September 12th 2010, 11:25 pm

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG I HAD TO MAKE A REALLY EPIC POST TO LUNA AND RAD IN THE HOGSMEADE THREAD. You would think it was awesome, but you haven't seen Legally Blonde, so I POUT AT YOU. When you come visit, I shall make you watch it, yup yup yup.

"I did, actually, though I haven't had the chance to read all of it. A tragedy, I know, but I'm just a very busy person. I really appreciated your help though, it was nice talking to you," he said happily. "I've been doing well, spending time with a few new friends, have you met Fabian Prewett? He's quite a charmer," he said with a fond smile, not bothering to hide his obvious crush, because he's not like that.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

http://eowynchester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 12th 2010, 11:30 pm

AHHHH *flails* We will definitely watch it!!!

"It was nice talking to you too." Remus smiles, glad to know he'd been of some help at least. "Fabian Prewett? No, I haven't met him yet. Though I've heard about him and his brother. I've spoken to their sister, Molly, twice now." His face only turns slightly pinkish, remembering how his last conversation with Molly had gone and the little experiment she'd suggested they do.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 12th 2010, 11:33 pm

"Oh, I know Molly too! She's great, a real sweet girl. Not as sweet as her brother, I won't lie," he laughed, grinning as he thought about him. "Something bother you? You seem, I don't know, a little off. Then again, it might just be me," he said shrugging.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 12th 2010, 11:44 pm

"She is really nice, and very understanding as well." Remus nods. He shakes his head vigorously at Caradoc's question. "It's not you, I'm just...conflicted at the moment. Nothing to worry about though, honestly." he waves a hand dismissively. "Though, now that I think about it, you'd probably be more understanding than most about the situation. But I don't need anymore experimenting. No I do not. That was just awkward." He's mostly rambling his thoughts to himself now, unaware that he's speaking out loud.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 12th 2010, 11:47 pm

"Experimenting? Situation? Huh-- oh. Oh, I see," he said with a comforting smile, because he totally saw this conversation coming a mile away. "Hey, I won't prod you, but if you wanna talk, know that I'll listen, and my lips would totally be sealed to anyone else, alright?" he said, patting Remus comfortingly on the hand. "I've been there before, I know what it's like, don't forget."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 12th 2010, 11:55 pm

Remus jumped slightly when Caradoc patted his hand. "Oh dear, was I saying that out loud?" he headdesked. "Well...look, I just don't think he was right when he said it. And just because Molly and I kissed, and I didn't get the same feeling I did when I kissed him, doesn't mean I'm gay or anything." Remus wasn't really looking at Caradoc, he was just looking down at the book in front of him. "I mean, you know I have nothing against being gay. I just don't think that I'm gay myself." Amethyst is bailing water out of the library because the Nile is running heavily.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 13th 2010, 12:02 am

Wow. I'm inflating a liferaft. Just saying. Caradoc raised a brow and looked at Remus curiously. "Who'd you kiss, if you don't mind me asking? I mean, I understand, that could be totally personal, I'm just a little curious, is all. Also-- you kissed Molly? Well, I'll bet she didn't mind, even if you didn't like it much," he laughed, shaking his head. "I know you're not homophobic, don't worry," he chuckled, shaking his head. "But I understand what you're going through. I'm not saying you're in denial, I'm just saying it's a possibility. Have you ever kissed anyone else, before this?"
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 13th 2010, 12:12 am

We're going to need an Ark before this is done. Hehe. "It wasn't that I didn't like it...I mean, she was a good kisser...I guess, as far as kisses go. Well, I really wouldn't have much to compare it too, I mean, before that I'd only kissed..Viktor...and well, I've never really been one for the whole romance, relationship thing so I have, like, zip experience...He totally kissed me first, just saying, and then I kicked him. Which I felt really bad about afterward. And I only kissed him the second time because I maybe had possibly enjoyed it a tiny bit..." Remus trailed off wondering what he could possibly change the topic of conversation to. That was his normal route of escape from uncomfortable topics, but right now he couldn't think of anything else to talk about. After having avoided thinking about this for the past several days, it was hard to not think about it all now since he was actually talking about it.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 13th 2010, 4:20 am

"Wait, Viktor?" he said in surprise, and now decides he needs to have a nice long talk with one Cedric Diggory about a certain Viktor Krum, but that's for another time. "And you KICKED him? Oh Merlin," he said, clapping a hand over his mouth to suppress his laugh a little. "Well, that's not what I expected to hear, but interesting, nonetheless. Well, if you really think you enjoyed both, there is always the possibility that you're bisexual or pansexual, after all. Just because you liked kissing a guy doesn't automatically make you gay, after all. Honestly, I can't say I agree with the need for half those labels-- does it really matter, whom we love or like to kiss? We're just human, in the end, but if we must stick names to it, I suppose any of those terms are a possibility. And Remus," he said, pausing to reach over and touch Remus' cheek lightly, "There's nothing wrong with what you did, or whatever what you did means. Don't forget that. You're still you, you're still Remus, you're just starting to figure out a little more about what that means."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 13th 2010, 4:52 am

Remus jerks back from Caradoc's touch, a guarded, yet slightly sensitive, look in his eyes. "Please don't..." He was sensitive about people touching his face, especially because of the numerous scars that were etched upon it. Remus felt slightly ill and was looking over towards one of the many bookshelves that filled the library. "I'll just...think about it some more. It's not like all this relationship/romance stuff has ever been on the top of my priority list anyway." It was sort of true, Remus hadn't ever really thought about romance or being in relationships that often. He didn't even really think about it on Valentine's day either, preferring to spend the day shut up in his dorm, or in the library, reading. It was a silly holiday in his opinion.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 13th 2010, 5:18 am

Caradoc immediately backed off, though startled by Remus' reaction, although it wasn't terribly shocking, considering how Tristan had reacted to Caradoc seeing his scars. But then again, that was different, Tristan's scars were from those horrible nights, under the power of the moon-- hold up. No, the look in Remus' eyes was no different than his dear friend's, and while that meant nothing-- the books, last time. The way he knew things, about the affliction. The way it seemed almost personal to Remus, when they'd begun speaking about it, and how Caradoc had suspected it had something to do with some actual experience with the subject. Surely, it couldn't mean-- but what were the chances? No, how common was it anyway, two, in one school, at the same time? But it would explain so much... And with his brain working in overtime, Caradoc seemed to have forgotten he was suddenly gaping at Remus, staring blankly and silently, while he put the pieces together. Not impossible, but unlikely? Absolutely. But the scars, they were the same shape as Tristan's, the same kind of wounds, the shape of the claw marks, surely that's what they were, claw marks, there was no doubt about that now, could Remus possibly be-- "You, you're!-- Oh, I mean, uh, what? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend-- I'm sorry, can you repeat that? I got a little distracted for a moment," he said quickly, trying to make this as least awkward as possible, though it was a rather difficult task, given his current revelation.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 13th 2010, 5:27 am

Hearing the weird tone to Caradoc's voice, Remus couldn't help turning back to look at his friend. "What? Are you okay?" The look in Caradoc's eyes was that of someone who had just figured something out, and Remus didn't like it one bit. Especially after what had just happened. He paled slightly and looked back down at his book. He couldn't have...just from my reaction, he just couldn't have figured it out. I'm overreacting. That's all it is. "Forget about it." The guarded tone was back in Remus' voice, though he tried to still sound friendly.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 13th 2010, 5:39 am

"Uh, right," he muttered, deciding to sit and debate in silence over what to do, or say. Finally, after a long, quiet pause, he decided to be blunt, but not overly so, or at least what he thought was not overly so, at any rate less blunt than Sirius is. Not that it means much. "Er, Remus? Just... I want you to know that you can really tell me anything, okay? Not just about this whole thing with Viktor and Molly and stuff. I mean really, anything, because you know there's nothing you can say that would make me change the way I feel about you, alright? I just, I just want you to know that, is all. Because you're a really good person, I think, even though I don't know you that well, and for some weird reason I feel like you need to hear that. If I sound totally crazy to you right now, just ignore me, but I just, I wouldn't feel right, if I didn't say it okay? You're a very good person, and nothing you can say can make me feel any differently, when I say I like having you as a friend. Because you are a friend. Or, at least, I mean, I'm your friend, alright? Right, I'll stop talking right now, before I turn into Molly Prewett, I'm talking as much as she does, and twice as fast. Right, stopping now," he said, finally shutting up and staring at Remus, hoping he hasn't scared him or something.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 13th 2010, 5:57 am

Remus doesn't know how to respond to all this. He finds the fact that Caradoc was pretty much talking as much as Molly, and faster than she does, quite hilarious though and laughs. "I'm sorry...I really shouldn't be laughing, but...it's just, you really did sort of remind me of Molly there for a moment. Not that that's a bad thing of course." Cause Molly's pretty awesome, even if Remus did feel awkward around her cause she's a girl.
"Thanks though, Rad. I mean it. That sort of thing isn't something I hear a lot of...so it means a lot to me, you know? You can talk to me too, alright? If you'd ever want to. I think I'm an okay listener." Remus gets up and leans against the desk, next to Caradoc. "Maybe I'll tell you next time we see each other, alright? I really do believe everything you just said, and I know I can trust you. I'm going to head off now, okay?" he placed a hand on Rad's shoulder, which was a rare kind of gesture coming from Remus. He wasn't normally the type to be as forward as to touch another person, even if it was only on the shoulder. Of course he made exceptions - like when he'd been brushing all that flour off Viktor. "Just to let you know, hearing how you spoke about your friend before...it meant a lot to me." With that, Remus walked off and left the library to head off to somewhere. Cause Amethyst has to go to sleeeep.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 13th 2010, 6:08 am

Night, love. Sorry I didn't respond, the Skype chat was irritating me.

Caradoc laughed a little as well, and smiled. "I did, but I totally get it, it's definitely her job, not mine. I guess-- I guess I'll see you around, Remus," he said with a sigh, staying where he was and watching him go, though he was actually surprised by Remus' touch, given that he's figured out he's not exactly the touchy-feely type of guy, unlike Rad himself. At Remus' last words, he merely nodded, though he knew what they meant-- he was right. He was right. Remus was... "Oh, Merlin, Remus," he said softly, watching his retreating back with pity. "I'm sorry," he muttered under his breath, wishing he could force himself to be more tactful, instead of acting so shocked and horrified, surely that must have hurt him. He sat back and thought for a while then left before he got caught in the library.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 13th 2010, 3:43 pm

Lily wanders the shelves, lost in her own little world amidst the Charms books, her hand trailing lightly along the spines as she peruses the shelves.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 13th 2010, 3:46 pm

Well. I guess he didn't actually leave, he was leaving, when due to being lost in thought about this recent revelation, he bumps right into one pretty redheaded girl who was not in fact Molly Prewett. Or a Weasley. Well, that's confusing enough. "Oh, sorry 'bout that, didn't mean to startle you!" he said in surprise.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 13th 2010, 3:49 pm

Lily does indeed jump, startled at the contact with another human when she'd been too absorbed to notice she wasn't alone. Or maybe she's just not used to getting let out of Mya's head for anything other than Potter-bashing. "My fault," she says politely, and gestures to the shelves, her hand still resting on one. She smiles sheepishly. "I was distracted, didn't see you there."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 13th 2010, 3:50 pm

"Don't worry about it, I wasn't exactly paying attention myself. I'm Caradoc, by the way," he said with a slightly forced smile, not being at all his usual chipper self, but actually rather reserved. Though, being a library, he's already a lot quieter than normal. Unlike Sirius, he actually respects that sort of thing.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 13th 2010, 3:55 pm

"Lily," she returns. Her green eyes sparkle a bit with curiosity. "Is that an accent I hear? I didn't know Hogwarts admitted Americans. Have you been here this whole time?" she wonders, feeling like she would've noticed an accent like that. Well, she'd have noticed a body like that, which would have drawn attention to his accent, but right now it is the accent that has sparked her curiosity moreso than the body. Not that she doesn't appreciate a good view, mind.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 13th 2010, 3:57 pm

"Ha, yeah, I just transferred here from the states for my last year, actually. Figured I'd get some diversity across the pond," he said shrugging as he collected his books from the table, nearly having left them behind. Yes, Lily, there is a sexy man with an accent in the library holding a giant stack of books. Here's a bucket for the drool, love.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 13th 2010, 4:02 pm

Does Lily Evans look like Molly Prewett? *blinks* Lily thinks not. She's perfectly capable of enjoying a little aesthetic stimulation without making a spectacle of herself. [holyshit that's the clearest thing Inner!Lily has ever said to me!] She smiles, her eyes raking over the stack of books, because she'd love to know what he's reading. "Oh, well, that's lucky then. I'm sure you'll find Hogwarts a brilliant place. I imagine it's very different from where you're from? But you're enjoying it, I suppose," she states more than asks. It is Hogwarts, after all.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 13th 2010, 4:05 pm

Right. Did I mention Caradoc isn't going to hit on you, Lily? HOW REFRESHING AFTER THAT POTTER BLOKE, ISN'T IT! And even better, he'll totally hit on James to make him go away, because I would die laughing doing that. Caradoc is rather hoping she doesn't realize all ten books or so are about werewolves, because that probably looks rather odd. Er, research project? Let's go with that lame excuse. "It's very different, I'll grant you that, but I like it tons here. I wouldn't really call it better, just very different, and I'm glad I came! The people here are nice, and the library is nothing like what I had back there, it's a lot nicer here."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 13th 2010, 4:11 pm

Lily would be grateful forever if Rad hit on James to get rid of him for her. Yep. Mya would just die laughing. "It's the best magical library in the northern hemisphere," Lily enthuses, because that sounds like it could be true so let's go with that. And lets not deal with werewolf stuff right now because Mya is lazy. Instead Lily indicates the bay of books she'd been particularly interested in when she bumped into Rad. "The collection of Charms texts and research is second to none, and this is only the open collection. I've had a pass to get into the Restricted Section before, for an assignment or two, and the books in there are almost overwhelming at times!"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next