Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf

+34
Trey Davis
Reed Dawson
Krasimir Svetkova
Albus Severus Potter
Parvati Patil
Jack Smith
Alicia Spinnet- Inactive
Daphne Greengrass
Lucius Malfoy
Melanie McCann
Audrey Stevenson
Draco Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Jesse St. James
Romilda Vane
Joe
Molly Prewett
Scorpius Malfoy
Rose Weasley
Angelina Johnson
Ravenclaw Mod
Penelope Rosier
Teddy Lupin
Elise Black
Lysander Scamander
Ginny Weasley
Ronald Weasley
Louis Weasley
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Remus Lupin
Mya Lupin
KingsleyShacklebolt Inact
Sirius Black
Nikki Orwell
38 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf - Page 2 Empty Re: The Library: Behind a Bookshelf

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 9:49 pm

Remus doesn't sneak in because he's comfortable here at the library, and with people seeing him here as well. He goes to his usual table and sees there's a lot of books already sitting at it. Well, he could always sit somewhere else. He hears a noise and turns his head, spotting Rad who's pulling a huge book off the shelves. Remus doesn't see Rad as someone who would spend time in here willingly so he wonders what sort of trouble the other man was getting into. "What are you doing in here?" He asks, trying to sound polite about it because the last time they spoke didn't end very well and Remus doesn't want Rad to think he's even more a jerk.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf - Page 2 Empty Re: The Library: Behind a Bookshelf

Post  Sirius Black September 3rd 2010, 9:53 pm

Caradoc spazzes, because he totally thought he was alone in the library, and he does NOT like to be caught with books, particularly this one-- which is now flying through the air from his shock, because he accidentally dropped it. It lands on the ground with a large thunk as Caradoc wheels around to see-- "Oh. It's you," he said, sighing and picking up the book he'd dropped, and dusting it off. "I'm doing what most people do in a library, see? I'm getting books. They have a lot of them here, I'd have thought you of all people would know that," he replied sarcastically, though not really in a mean way, just snarky.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

http://eowynchester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 10:01 pm

Remus flinches a bit when the book hits the ground with a large thunk. "I didn't mean to sound rude. I was just wondering. You didn't strike me as the sort who comes in here often when we met the other day." He shifts his own books he's carrying in his arms so he can get a better hold on them. There were a lot. "You weren't wearing glasses the other day." Wow, nice for stating the obvious, Remus. "You look good in them, is all I meant." The books were getting heavy so he set them down on the table next to him. "I'm sorry if I offended you the other day. We didn't exactly get off on the right footing, did we?"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 3rd 2010, 10:06 pm

"Most people don't expect me to be found here, and then again, most people are too quick to judge," he replied. Caradoc sighs and puts the book down, leaning on the bookshelf as he looks at Remus. "Yeah, I don't like the wear them, I like wearing them as much as I like being caught in a library," he said in a nice, quiet, library appropriate voice, even though Sirius wants him to yell just to make Remus mad, because he doesn't want Rad and Remus to get along. He feels threatened -_- Anyway. "But thank you," he said as a slight smile crept onto his face. "It's fine, I apologize if I was rude myself, I meant no harm, really. How about we start this over, yeah? The name's Caradoc Dearborn, and I'm a closet nerd," he said with a smile like this one:

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf - Page 2 2llg7jd
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 10:14 pm

Remus is impressed by Caradoc's library appropriate voice and is relaxing a bit, as things look to be going better this time around and it doesn't seem like Caradoc hates him. "Remus Lupin, and I'm probably one of the least most closet nerd you'll find around here. I practically live in the library. What's wrong with being caught in here anyway?" Remus is just curious, because generally people don't mind being seen in here. He also can't help but get caught up a bit in Rad's smile. It's very charming.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 3rd 2010, 10:23 pm

Caradoc shrugged. "Harder to pick up guys where I'm from if they think you're a geek. And seeing as men are half of what I live for, just can't have that happening. And when you transfer to a new school, building a reputation is important, see? Can't have people throwing me into just one category, like they like to do-- like you tried to do, actually. I make a point of helping people realize there's a lot to some people that doesn't meet the eye," he said, shrugging. "I don't see anything wrong with the library, clearly, as I'm here. So I mean you no offense. It's just not very 'me' to spend a lot of time here when there are other people around, and besides, I hate it when it gets crowded, it's too loud and noisy, I can't hear myself think."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 10:36 pm

Remus hasn't really met a lot of gay/bi guys, that he's aware of anyway, so he doesn't really know how to respond to that, but he does understand that people judge a lot and now he feels bad for thinking Caradoc wouldn't spend time in here. "I see. I shouldn't have judged you, I wouldn't want you to do the same to me. And I don't think I'd consider you a geek if I caught you in here once in a while and I had no clue who you were. Almost everyone has to come in here anyway once in a while. For research and what not." he shrugs, "I have to agree though, it's hard being in here while a lot of other people are around. I don't get how people think they can just ignore the proper level of volume that's acceptable for the library."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 3rd 2010, 10:40 pm

Caradoc smiled and nodded. "I agree. Trust me when I say I can be loud, but never in here. If I'm going to make a scene, I'd rather it be somewhere where I'm not going to bother someone. And while I do occasionally come in during the day, I like to begin every morning by coming here. I get through books too quickly, I mean, so I end up having to come here a lot. Granted, it's only been three days since I got here, but I find myself liking it plenty already, as I'm sure you do. The library back home wasn't anything near this great," he said, sitting down in a chair and gesturing for Remus to join him. "So, no hard feelings for before?"
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 10:50 pm

"It is one of the best libraries I've ever been too." And Remus has been to a lot of them. He sits down, joining Caradoc at the table. "We'll probably run into each other a lot if you come in here a lot in the mornings. It's generally what I do too, unless Sirius or James drags me off to do something strange." he nods at Caradoc's question. "No hard feelings here. I really am sorry about all that. I generally don't get that upset over someone telling me to basically lighten up, but seeing as we'd just met and all." he shrugs, "You're sort of right though. I'm not generally all that fun of a person, I guess. I've gotten yelled at for keeping my nose buried in books for hours on end."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 3rd 2010, 10:57 pm

"Sorry 'bout that. I can be rather imposing, though I don't mean to be. Sirius and James? Don't think I've met 'em yet. Gryffindors like you?" he asked curiously. "And I didn't mean it like that, Remus. I'm sure you are a fun person, hell, I know reading is fun, alright? I was only playing around, I didn't mean for you to take it that way. I like to play around a lot, my personality just takes some getting used to," he explained.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 11:02 pm

"They're Gryffindors as well, yeah." Remus nods. "I'm surprised you haven't met Sirius yet. He's always all over the place. And I guess I just took it wrong cause I'm generally a very serious person. I think Sirius finds it amusing sometimes." Remus laughs lightly.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 3rd 2010, 11:05 pm

"Hm, maybe I'll run into him sometime. I've met a lot of people but haven't really talked to too many, other than Tristan Raksha, and Alice Prewett. Oh, and Molly Prewett too! She makes awesome cookies," he said with a grin. "Other than Raksha though, I mostly seem to be hanging out with Gryffindors, and a few Ravenclaw girls, Nikki and Luna. The people here are all so nice," he said happily. "I haven't really met anyone who I didn't like."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 11:14 pm

"That's great!" Remus grins. "Generally everyone around here are really nice. You get a few that aren't, and on occasion you have to watch out for some of the Slytherins, but for the most part everyone's pretty nice. I met Molly before you and I met before. I felt sort of bad because I am just not good at talking to girls at all, and so it was a sort of awkward conversation. Plus it was right after I'd tripped over a pot so she must have thought me a total klutz, especially cause I kept dropping my book." Remus shakes his head. "I just don't get girls. I really don't. I was kind of afraid the whole time that she'd maim me, start yelling, or something."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 3rd 2010, 11:16 pm

Caradoc laughed lightly, but not unkindly. "Oh my," he chuckled. "I'm sure she thought you were very sweet and definitely cute, Remus, I wouldn't worry about it too much," he said reassuringly. "I've only met one Slytherin so far, and I rather liked her. Her name is Pansy, I think, she seemed alright to me. I keep hearing bad things about the Slytherins, but I haven't seen any evidence of their faults yet. I guess I'll just get to know some of them better, and make my own judgement," he replied.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 11:21 pm

Remus shakes his head. "I definitely don't think she was thinking me 'sweet' or 'cute'. Probably nutters, more like it." he nods at Caradoc's statement about making his own judgement on the Slytherins. "That's a good idea. Personally I've never had that much trouble with them. Unless I'm off doing prefect duties and they mess with me. I've had a few do that before. I've never met Pansy though."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 3rd 2010, 11:23 pm

"Nutters? You don't seem crazy to me. A bit quiet and shy, but not crazy. And there isn't a question or debate about you being cute, it's just a fact, you can't really deny that one," he said simply, not in a flirtatious way, but in a factual manner, so as not to offend him.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 11:31 pm

Remus blinks. His mind didn't know how to comprehend that one. Considering no one's really told him he's cute before, even in a factual manner. "You don't mind if I go look for a book real quick do you?" When at a lost, Remus changes the topic. He wasn't leaving or anything, he just remembered this book he needed to look at for Defense Against the Dark Arts class.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 3rd 2010, 11:39 pm

Caradoc shrugged and waved, turning to his book on DADA and flipping it to the offensive spells chapter, while checking out Remus discreetly over the top of the textbook.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 11:43 pm

Remus is oblivious to Caradoc discreetly checking him out as he looks through the bookshelves. Finding the book he needed, he walked back and sat down. "Found it." he smiles happily and opened the book. "It's been checked out for a while so I didn't think I'd find it, but here it is."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 3rd 2010, 11:47 pm

"That's nice," he says with a smile, tearing his gaze away from the guy's body. "So what do you like to do, besides read? Even the most obsessed bookworm must do something else, sometimes," he said.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 3rd 2010, 11:55 pm

"What? Oh, well..." Remus stretches, thinking about the question. "Let's see. I hang out with Sirius, James, and Peter most of the time when I'm not reading. Well, even then sometimes I'm still reading, but it's harder to cause Sirius'll take my book. I study a lot and do some writing." Which he will not admit is in a journal, nope, he will not admit to that at all. "I have prefect duties as well, and then..." Remus tries to think of other things he likes to do. He doesn't want to really come across as boring. Generally he didn't care if he seemed that way to people he didn't know as well but, for some reason, he didn't want to come across as all that boring to Caradoc. "OH, I make pie too sometimes, in the kitchens. I've been doing it for a while now but I'm not the best. Everything always ends up eatable so that counts, right?"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 6th 2010, 3:01 am

Caradoc chuckles at the mention of someone taking Remus' book away, because he doesn't see Remus putting up with that shit. But then, he doesn't know that Sirius is a special case. "Wait, you write? So do I!" he said brightly, rather happy about finding someone else who does. "What do you like to write? I write songs, mostly, so I can accompany myself with my guitar, but that's nice," he said with a smile. "Whoa. You make pie? Ten cool points to Remus. And yes, as long as it's edible, it most certainly counts," he said reassuringly, liking Remus a bit more already.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 6th 2010, 3:20 am

"Oh...well, I just write...stuff. Nothing as interesting as songs. You play guitar? That's awesome!" Remus is musically challenged. That time he tried playing the violin? Yeah...he sucked at it. "I could make you pie sometime, if you'd like. No worries about being poisoned, trust me." he chuckled, glad to know he got some cool points...even if he didn't see the point of them. Sigh, oh Remus you're so...Remus-y.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 6th 2010, 3:36 am

"Pie is great," he said with a grin. "But yeah, I play guitar, I was in a band, back at home, and I'm starting one up again now. But as I was saying, pie is really awesome! I wish I could bake or cook, but out of all the things I can do, and do well, being in the kitchen is just not one of them, I'm afraid I'm hopeless," he laughed. "Going to need to find myself a boy who knows how to cook, or I'd probably end up starving to death, and that would truly be tragic. The manly, awesome man, of so many talents, unable to make anything to eat besides toast, and even that, I usually burn."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 6th 2010, 3:46 am

Remus chuckles. "I'll have to introduce you to my friend, Peter. He's pretty decent at toast. I'm not all that bad at making other stuff, on occasion. I figure if I keep practicing throughout the years I'll get better. You were in a band?" Remus doesn't really listen to anything much other than jazz or swing music...yeah. So he doesn't know much about other types of music. Sirius would know.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next