Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf

+34
Trey Davis
Reed Dawson
Krasimir Svetkova
Albus Severus Potter
Parvati Patil
Jack Smith
Alicia Spinnet- Inactive
Daphne Greengrass
Lucius Malfoy
Melanie McCann
Audrey Stevenson
Draco Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Jesse St. James
Romilda Vane
Joe
Molly Prewett
Scorpius Malfoy
Rose Weasley
Angelina Johnson
Ravenclaw Mod
Penelope Rosier
Teddy Lupin
Elise Black
Lysander Scamander
Ginny Weasley
Ronald Weasley
Louis Weasley
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Remus Lupin
Mya Lupin
KingsleyShacklebolt Inact
Sirius Black
Nikki Orwell
38 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf - Page 31 Empty Re: The Library: Behind a Bookshelf

Post  Victoria Black July 20th 2011, 4:59 am

[Yeah I found that out just now too... Damn NPR, talking about hats that are named after Reed and Kras and not explaining themselves.]

I am dead. This realization is much too funny. Vee automatically leaned back when Kras looked at her eyes. Automatic reflex. She might have accidentally knocked over a few books, but that's alright. "Why thank you! Yes, well, I don't mind compliments, just the nymphs who sing. I think there are much better things they could sing about." Ok that's adorable. Kras and Reed are adorable. I am dead from the adorable comments.
Victoria Black
Victoria Black
Fifth Year

http://Hogwartskitchens.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf - Page 31 Empty Re: The Library: Behind a Bookshelf

Post  Krasimir Svetkova July 21st 2011, 4:11 am

[XD]

Kras manages not to chuckle when a few books fell over. "Vell, I guess I can agree vith that. After all, they could be singing about a sunset or something instead, vhich vould be much more preferable for dinner songs." He nods. "Singing songs to compliment people should be done under more...oh, I don't know, personal settings? Vell, maybe not too much cause I sang a song to Reed vhile ve vere in the Great Hall vith a lot of other people."
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Miela August 26th 2011, 5:01 am

[Anything in italics is ‘said’ in Japanese]

Miela settled herself into a corner as Sanshi jumped to the top of the shelf to get a few books that Miela wanted.

As Miela made herself comfortable, her thoughts went drifting towards the last few weeks.

For the last few weeks, she has been avoiding going anywhere where there was a lot of people, scratch that, she has been avoiding people altogether, though it wasn’t hard for her as she has been trained to hide in the shadows and observe, as any good ninja should learn to, as it is crucial to understand your surroundings and the people you are going to interact with before you make contact.

The reason she was avoiding people was not because she is shy, well, she is, but more than that, the main reason why she has been avoiding everyone is because she is scared of them. When Sanshi first heard it, she had laughed herself senseless as Miela turned red with embarrassment and then disgust and lastly anger. That made Sanshi realize that she was serious.

She knew she was being silly, but she couldn’t help it. They way boys and girls sat close to each other, holding hands, even kissing each other in public, which was simply atrocious. These people were loud, rude, and very simply put, have no sense of respect for anyone, not even Professors. Just the other day, a student actually stood up to the teacher and told her that her calculations were wrong! Sure, she was wrong, but the student was disrespectful for saying that out loud in front of the whole class. And although she was avoiding everyone, there was one person she has wanted to avoid the most. And although she hasn’t seen Her as of yet, she felt both relieved and disappointed.

As Miela took the books from Sanshi and gave a distracted “Thanks”, she though back to the conversation with Professor Dumbledore. Having arrived at such a weird time, at the age of 16, she has a private sorting in Professor Dumbledore’s office. She had stiffened up when the Sorting Hat started talking to her, but Professor Dumbledore assured her it was ‘perfectly natural, and who is to say it’s not?’ Miela liked Professor Dumbledore, there was a mischievous twinkle in his eyes that showed that he still had the heart of a child, no matter what he looks like.

But her heart had dropped to the pits of her stomach as the Hat continued on its monologue. “Hmm, very complicated one we have here don’t we? Hmm, curious, very curious, you want to get into Slytherin, I can see that, but unfortunately, you would not fit in well there. You do not have the qualities needed to be in Slytherins, and therefore it would have to be…”

“”GRYFFINDOR!” The Hat had shouted.

Miela felt herself went numb, and the feeling of it spread throughout the entire body, till it had utterly consumed her. As Professor Dumbledore took the Hat off her head and silently looked at her, Miela felt his stare and opened her mouth to thank him for his time, but no words would come out and instead, she felt water dripping onto her hands that were clenched in her lap. Looking down, she felt another drop and looked up into the ceiling to find where the leak was, trying to see if she can find it, trying to think of everything but the fact that she had just been sorted into Gryffindor, when she had really wanted Slytherin. What would ‘She’ say if ‘She’ had found out? She would definitely not be her friend anymore, and then Miela would lose the only friend she had in this unfamiliar place where she did not fit.

She turned to Professor Dumbledore, trying to tell him that there is a leak in his ceiling, and that is must be progressively getting bigger, as the droplets are getting bigger and are coming faster, when she realized that her vision was cloudy. Reaching to rub her eyes, her hand came away wet, and along with it, came the shock and realization that she was crying.

Hurriedly, she wiped away those offending things, as chastised herself for forgetting one of Oji-Sama’s (Grandfather) teachings: Never let anyone see you cry, and she wondered why she would even start crying in the first place.

“Miela,” Professor Dumbledore spoke up, breaking the silence between them, “It’s quite alright to show a little weakness every now and then, that is how you survive, and get stronger after every time you do.”

Miela tried again to speak up, but failed, and instead, just looked at Professor Dumbledore.

“Well, I would understand if you would not like to go to your dorm and if you would rather like not to interact with anyone, at least for this first few weeks, or at least until you have settled down fairly well, I would imagine that it is a rather big of a culture shock you are going to get, and if I might say so myself, I rather admire the way you can blend into the shadows, that would be a much more efficient way to hide one's self and- Oh, she should be arriving just about any minute now.”

While Miela was wondering who the she was, there was a sharp knock on the door and in strode a woman with grey hair and though she has a strict looking face, there was also a kindness in them.

“Albus, you called for me?”

“Why yes Minerva, we are very fortunate to have a transfer student at this time of the year, but I am sure that should be alright for our young lady here. Minerva, meet Miela Hyakki, Miela, this is Professor McGonagall, who is going to be the head of your house, and also your Transfiguration teacher.”

Miela stood up and gave a deep bow, a sign of greatest respect in her culture. As she looked up, she was surprised to find Professor McGonagall staring in shock at something behind her, while Professor Dumbledore gave a small exclamation of excitement and strode right pass her. As Miela turned, she realized that at McGonagall’s presence, Sanshi had materialized, as McGonagall was deemed as a threat.

“Sanshi, it’s okay, she is alright.”

”You don’t know that, Toji-san only said that Professor Dumbledore is to be trusted. He did not specify anyone else.”

”Well, Professor Dumbledore obviously trusts her, so I do, so DOWN.”

Sanshi lowered herself and instead, took to staring menacingly at the older woman.

“Fascinating really, Minerva, I have myself heard about these fascinating creatures that are bounded to a human host when I was in Asia for a short trip to search for alternate knitting patterns. Oh, and no, that isn’t a beast language, she is talking to the beast in Japanese.” Professor Dumbledore intoned.

“Yes, quite fascinating,” Professor McGonagall replied, after she had recovered from her initial shock. “But Albus, it would be apparent that it if the beast was to appear in front of other students, a panic would ensue.

“Yes, and for that, I have decided to allow Miela to walk, or whatever means of getting around you prefer dear, in the shadows, which she seemed to have been doing perfectly as we can see now.”

With a start, Miela realized she had once again, hidden herself amidst the shadows of the room and praised herself mentally for not forgetting another lesson of Toji Ojisama’s: Ladies should know when to show and hide themselves when the situation calls for, before stepping out into the light.

“That is rather fine and all, but wouldn’t there be a fair bit of trouble with-”

“Miela,” Professor Dumbledore suddenly spoke up, interrupting Professor McGonagall, “I would be so delighted if you could just nip down to the kitchen and get some food, I apologize for interrupting your dinner. Professor McGonagall would be down to fetch you once we are done here.”

“Yes Professor Dumbledore”, Miela replied bowed once again, but before leaving the room to go down to the kitchen with Sanshi, Professor Dumbledore suddenly spoke up again, “Miela, although I have allowed you to walk the halls in the shadows for now, I would hope that one day, you will find in it you to accept that you are not meant for it and grow to love walking in the light.”

Professor McGonagall had came down to get Miela half an hour later, and by this time, Miela was fit to bursting with the food that the house elves kept pushing onto her and so tired she is about to fall asleep on her feet. Professor McGonagall lead her to a unused Transfiguration classroom and said that she could use it as long as she wanted to, but usual school rules applied, and that for the mean time, she should get comfortable and they can talk the next morning.

”Miela, Miela, You are going to be late dinner, come on, I am hungry, I know you are not really reading, you have been staring at the same page for the last 30 minutes so COME ON.”

Miela snapped out of her daydream, to find Sanshi tugging on her sleeve, and got up. While Sanshi went up to put the books back in place, Miela made a decision. She would stop hiding in the dark. She would learn to walk in the light and learn how to accept others, like how Toji Oji-sama (Grandfather Toji) and Professor Dumbledore was so willing to accept her for all that she is, without fear, without prejudice and without a care in the world.

“Come on Sanshi, we have some shopping to do.”
Miela
Miela
Sixth Year

http://hyakki-miela.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31