Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf

+34
Trey Davis
Reed Dawson
Krasimir Svetkova
Albus Severus Potter
Parvati Patil
Jack Smith
Alicia Spinnet- Inactive
Daphne Greengrass
Lucius Malfoy
Melanie McCann
Audrey Stevenson
Draco Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Jesse St. James
Romilda Vane
Joe
Molly Prewett
Scorpius Malfoy
Rose Weasley
Angelina Johnson
Ravenclaw Mod
Penelope Rosier
Teddy Lupin
Elise Black
Lysander Scamander
Ginny Weasley
Ronald Weasley
Louis Weasley
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Remus Lupin
Mya Lupin
KingsleyShacklebolt Inact
Sirius Black
Nikki Orwell
38 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf - Page 3 Empty Re: The Library: Behind a Bookshelf

Post  Sirius Black September 6th 2010, 3:55 am

"Yeah, mostly played hard rock and stuff. I was lead singer, and back up guitar," he explained, smiling. "A man who can make toast? Awesome, he'll need to give me lessons. The day I master toast, maybe I'll come to you for REAL cooking-- Imagine me, one day, actually BOILING WATER! It'd be a real miracle," he joked playfully, grinning at Remus.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

http://eowynchester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Library: Behind a Bookshelf - Page 3 Empty Re: The Library: Behind a Bookshelf

Post  Remus Lupin September 6th 2010, 4:02 am

"I don't know much about hard rock and bands like yours was, but it sounds like a lot of fun." Remus grins, chuckling at Caradoc's joking about actually boiling water. "I'll make a special dinner for you just to celebrate. How does that sound?" Of course...he'll have to make a special dinner for Sirius first some time...or jealousy may abound. Hehe. And Amethyst doesn't want Eowyn's Inner!Sirius to go nutters.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 6th 2010, 4:05 am

YES YOU WOULD INNER SIRIUS GETS ANGRY WHENEVER RAD POSTS TO REMUS HE FLIPS THE FUCK OUT

Caradoc grinned, liking the idea of Remus cooking for him, very, very much. He likes the image of Remus cooking in an apron more. He likes the image of Remus cooking, wearing JUST an apron even better, and Sirius and Rad are wrestling in my head, oh no. "That sounds great," he said with a wink, going back to his usual flirtatious self, now that he remembers Remus is not just gay and cute, but can cook. Yes, Rad knows you're gay, even if you don't, Remus. "Oh, to have a man cook for me, someday, I shall have that, and every single day!" he proclaimed with a laugh.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 6th 2010, 4:10 am

OH DEAR....

Remus is so so so glad he can not see into Rad's mind right now. He looks back down at his book, smiling even though Caradoc's winking always seemed to unnerve him. It wasn't all that different from the feeling he got when Sirius would smile at him, except that feeling was always much much stronger. "I wish you great luck." he chuckled. "If you try hard enough generally you succeed. At least, that's how it tends to go anyway." Remus doesn't even know what he's saying anymore because he's still kind of dazzled by the winking. He brushes some of the hair away from his eyes.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 6th 2010, 4:18 am

"Oh, but I shall succeed, with my rugged good looks and undeniable charm," he said sarcastically, grinning at his new companion. "But really. I will someday need either a personal chef or a lover who can make me sammiches, because there I really might just someday die if I run out of bread, or my toaster breaks. Because I know I'll learn toast, sometime. I feel like I can't die happy if I can't make toast, I need some level of dignity!"
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 6th 2010, 4:27 am

"I'll see if I can get Peter to teach you, or I'll just learn how to make it better myself and then teach you. How about it?" Remus grins. "Though you really shouldn't talk about dying. It's sort of morbid..."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 6th 2010, 4:37 am

"Why? I mean, everyone dies eventually. I have no intention of dying anytime soon, but then, nobody really intends on dying when they do, do they? But as for me, I plan on living a very long, and very awesomely exciting life if possible, though my lifestyle choices tend to put me a bit at risk. I mean, believe me, I'm healthy! Unless of course, you don't count wrestling bears as healthy. Some people consider it hazardous, apparently, can't imagine way," he said chuckling. "But I like adventure, and with adventure comes risk, so really at any point in my life it might be my last moment, so I like to make sure that if I did indeed die sometime soon, I'd be able to say I was happy with what I did with my time. Which is why I never waste time, if I can help it."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 6th 2010, 4:54 am

Remus listens to Caradoc go on and on and ends up nodding because that all makes perfect sense. Except he can't really agree on the liking adventure part, because Remus would rather not take as many risks and just read his books. Yeah, he can be sort of boring can't he? "Bears huh? I wouldn't consider that totally healthy, no." Remus hasn't ever wrestled a bear, that he knows of. Maybe he's done it before during a full moon. He wouldn't remember. Generally the only time he remembers what happens during those nights is when Sirius, James, or Peter tell him about it afterward. Not that he always wants to hear about it, of course.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 6th 2010, 5:13 am

Caradoc shrugged. "Not healthy, but way more fun than sulking or crying or writing sad songs on my guitar. When I'm upset or something, I tend to work out or something, because exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, and happy people don't shoot their ex boyfriends," he said happily, smiling innocently. "So really, a bear may have been the healthier choice in the end, don't you think?"
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 6th 2010, 5:19 am

Remus doesn't even want to begin to think about people shooting other people. Or guns in general. Guns are loud and make him deaf, and they're violent. Remus doesn't like violence. "I guess you have a point there. I don't get upset all that often," Mostly because Remus just lets everyone get away with things so they won't hate him or get annoyed with him - yeah, he's the type people can end up walking all over because he lets them get away with it. "When I do I usually end up in here."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 6th 2010, 5:32 am

"Well, this isn't a bad place, when you're down. There's nothing like losing yourself in a book, making you forget about the world and life, for a little while. I can see why you'd come here," he replied. Eowyn just really wanted to quote Legally Blonde in that last post, and now really wants to watch it, but it's too late to start a movie. -tear-
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 6th 2010, 5:36 am

Amethyst has never seen that movie. *blinks* Remus smiles warmly, because he really likes the fact that someone else around here thinks the same way he does about reading and the library. "I'm glad someone else understands. Some people, like Sirius for instance, don't understand at all and it's sort of frustrating." he said, sounding somewhat annoyed.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 6th 2010, 5:41 am

HOW HAVE YOU NOT SEEN IT?! It's blonde logic, that scene. The blonde lawyer (Reese Witherspoon) refuses to believe the accused killed her husband because she was a fitness instructor, who exercises, and exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, and happy people just don't shoot their husbands.

I love blonde logic.

"I know, that's part of why I don't bring it up most of the time, people don't understand about books. But I'm glad I found someone who does. Maybe we could study together sometime, I'd like that," he said, returning the smile. "It's good to see someone who's as serious about studying as I am, which reminds me, I was looking earlier, but I forgot. Do you know where I can find some stuff on werewolves? Odd topic, I know, but something got me interested in it recently," he said, thinking about poor Raksha, and how much he wanted to hug him. He wanted to help him, but before he could do anything, he needed to learn more-- he barely knew anything at all, he'd realized that night, after Tristan had gone to sleep.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 6th 2010, 5:46 am

I'll watch it sometime! *nods* Then I shall understand! Hehe.

"It would be nice to have someone to study with sometime, I'd like that too." Remus smiled. He blinks when he hears Caradoc's question, then nods slowly. "Sure. I can get some books for you, wait here." He gets up and leaves then returns a few seconds later with several books. "What exactly did you want to know about them? I've studied them a lot before so I could probably answer most of your questions." he shrugs. Remus was exercising his control here. He could get through a conversation on the topic, and he wanted to, just so he could spend more time talking to his new friend.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 6th 2010, 5:51 am

Caradoc paused, unsure how to answer. "Thanks for the books," he said, buying himself time, as he decided to tell him half the truth. "Well, to be perfectly honest, everything. I've recently found out that, uh, a friend of mine, from back home in America, is well... is afflicted. And I realized I honestly know nothing about hi- her condition," he said, trying to keep Raksha's identity safer. "Mostly, I really want to know how it affects the mind, both during the full moon, and otherwise. She's very... different, to say the least, but I'm not sure how much of it actually has to do with that part of her. And I just want to be able to help her, actually. I think I'm the only one who knows, besides her family, and I want to be able to be there for her. Please understand when I ask you not to repeat any of that to anyone, please," he said, all in a lowered tone, so no one would overhear.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 6th 2010, 6:02 am

Remus nods, speaking in a lowered tone as well, stuck in serious-Remus mode. "I completely understand, believe me. I won't repeat anything you say about it to anyone. Promise." And when Remus promises something it's pretty much solid. Unless it's like life-threatening to someone else or something. Then he's a bit more...iffy. "During a full moon, a werewolf's mind is completely taken over by the wolf. They don't retain their human mind. That's why they could kill even their best friend if they crossed paths..." Remus' voice grew even quieter. "When the moon isn't full, when werewolves are in their human forms, they can live regular lives - well, for the most part anyway." he speaks, trying not to sound too bitter - he didn't want to give himself away. "It's obviously rather hard, considering the restrictions the Ministry has placed upon them, and constantly having to hide their affliction because you never know who'll be accepting and who won't." he shrugs, watching the table in front of him.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 7th 2010, 4:28 am

"Restrictions, what kind of restrictions?" he asked, his knowledge of English laws extremely limited. "Well, I understood about the full moon, mostly, but does that part of a person ever... I don't know how to phrase it, come out, I guess, during the other times of the month? See, it's just.. my friend she suffers from multiple personality disorder, and it's like that other side of her is a reflection of the feral way she would be, during the full moon. It's strange, and rather scary, honestly, but I wasn't sure where her disorder ended, and her affliction began. Then again, I don't see how you'd know anything about that, honestly," he said, shrugging, blind to how wrong he was. "For what it's worth, obviously, I'm accepting. I don't know if she meant to tell me or not, but she did, in the end, and I told her it didn't change a thing, I still love her just the same. I never understood prejudice against werewolves at all, any more than I understand racism or homophobia or pureblood elitism. A person is who he or she is, nothing can change that, and it doesn't make them any less human."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 7th 2010, 5:18 am

Remus was going to reply but his voice had sort of stuck. He couldn't begin to tell Caradoc how much a lot of what he'd just said meant to Remus. He brushed the hair away from his eyes again, hand lightly brushing against one of the smaller scars on his forehead. He pushed one of the books he'd grabbed across the table towards Caradoc. "There," his voice was very small, "it's all about werewolf restrictions. I have to..." he stood up and grabbed his bag, "I have to...go. See you later, okay?" He turned, stumbling slightly against a chair and cursing softly under his breath, then headed out of the library, a small smile threatening to break out from his otherwise calm, controlled expression.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 7th 2010, 5:28 am

Caradoc looked at him in surprise but nodded and waved, wondering what was up with Remus. Perhaps he too knew a werewolf-- the subject seemed to be personal to him, as well, honestly, though Caradoc wasn't so tactless as to actually ask him. Maybe he'd talk to him about it another time. He sat down and picked up the books, and left the library to read in his dormitory, glad he and Remus were off to a better start.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 8th 2010, 5:27 am

Remus is back. He kind of sort of checks to make sure Caradoc isn't around, because Remus isn't sure whether or not he's ready to see him again just yet. Caradoc doesn't seem to be around so Remus goes to the shelves, scanning the books, looking for something for a bit of light reading. Oh...imagine that, he's picked a big heavy book. He heads over to his favorite table in the corner and sits down to start flipping through the pages. Eventually he decides he's not all that interested in this particular book and rummages through his bag to pull out a smaller book. This one was black and had just the word 'journal' on the front of it. Seeing no one else around, Remus opened the book and leaned over it, starting to write. And now Viktor can come in!! YAY!
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Krum - Inactive September 8th 2010, 5:30 am

Viktor walks in to see if Hermione is around. He's been at school for a week, and no sign of his best friend since he got here because that nerdy kid, Percy, is always around. He spots Remus and grins happily because Remus is cool. He sits down next to Remus, hoping he's not doing anything too important because Viktor would hate to interrupt. "Hey, Remus. Vot are you up to?"
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Viktor Krum - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 8th 2010, 5:38 am

Remus had been so distracted by his writing to notice Viktor show up. When he hears someone sitting next to him, he immediately shuts the book - back side up so the word 'journal' wasn't showing - and looks up at the newcomer with a slight look of alarm upon his face. Seeing it's Viktor, Remus relaxes slightly and his expression goes back to it's normal calm and controlled look, though he can't keep a small smile from his face. "Hey, Viktor. I'm not really up to anything. Just writing...some stuff. Taking notes." he nods, hoping he sounds believable. Amethyst has decided that Remus is going to become sort of a better liar...to other people, because it'd be kind of weird, now that I think of it, if he wasn't. Considering he has to keep his lycanthropy a secret and all. He'll still not be able to lie very well to Sirius, Dean, or his parents though. "What are you up to?" It sort of bothers him that Viktor just sat right down next to him like that, but it wasn't hurting him right? So he'd deal with it. Remus wasn't used to people placing themselves so close to him on purpose. Well, other than Sirius. He was pretty used to Sirius doing it by now. Even if it did bug him most of the time....for now. Hehe.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Krum - Inactive September 8th 2010, 5:45 am

Viktor nods, not thinking that Remus is lying at all. I mean, he is in a library so taking notes would make sense. "Not much. Just hanging out vith people like Molly and Caradoc, really. You up to anything new?" he asked curiously, absentmindedly brushing some dust off of Remus' shoulders because the bookshelves must have been pretty dusty. "Sorry...Just brushing off some of the dust," he said as he moved his hand away.
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Viktor Krum - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black September 8th 2010, 5:46 am

SIRIUS IS NOT HAPPY
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 8th 2010, 5:52 am

"Nothing much new with me." Remus laughs lightly, "Though I did get to see my brother yesterday! That was fun." There's a bright, happy look in his eyes when he mentions his brother. Remus loves his brother very much. He blinks when Viktor brushes some of the dust off from his shoulders. "Oh...that's okay..thanks." He didn't really know what to make of the gesture - he wasn't used to people acting this way. Well...other than Sirius of course, and Dean on occasion cause he's an awesome brother.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next