Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Book Shoppe

+11
Hermione Granger
Reed Dawson
Krasimir Svetkova
Neville Longbottom
Audrey Stevenson
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Draco Malfoy
Remus Lupin
Jack Smith
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Molly Prewett
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Book Shoppe - Page 4 Empty Re: The Book Shoppe

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy April 2nd 2011, 10:49 pm

Pansy smiled and thanked him, glancing the book over and turning through the pages. A lot of it was similar to other books, but this one seemed to have several chapters on black holes and other stranger things rather than simply stars and constellations. That made it interesting and different enough for Pansy to want to add it to her massive collection, so she closed it and held it to her chest with her arms crossed. "Ready?" She turned and headed back toward the front of the store, setting her book down on the counter to buy it.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy April 3rd 2011, 7:43 am

Draco looked up and nodded, putting his book on top of hers. Before she could say anything he gave her a look, "Tonight is all on me." He passed over the cash for the books and took the bag from the cashier. "Okay Kitten, where to next?" And he followed her out the door to wherever she wanted to go.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

http://skylinepassion.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy April 3rd 2011, 7:50 am

Pansy blinked when he sat his book on hers, turning to look at him confusedly. Upon his explanation, she couldn't help but smile at him, chewing on her lip slightly as she stepped aside to let him buy their books. She sighed, feeling a bit stupid but unable to help just looking at him as he conversed and paid for the books like some kind of impressed lovesick fifth year once again. She pulled herself together as he took the bag and turned to her, blinking slightly and walking toward the door with him. "I've an idea." She smirked, pushing the door open and turning down the street once again, walking up to the door of Honeydukes where I suppose Draco could post next.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hermione Granger June 7th 2011, 4:20 am

Justin smiled as they walked into the book shop. "It's okay; I don't mind at all. It's nice to have someone intelligent to talk with." Justin liked the fact that Audrey was smart; it was quite sexy, to be honest. "Can you help me pick out a book for Amelia?"
Hermione Granger
Hermione Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Stevenson June 7th 2011, 4:26 am

Audrey nodded, glad he was still holding onto her hand because she was in a sort of book trance. "Yeah, this way." She pulled him along to the creatures section, knowing the exact plan of this bookstore by heart already. She stood on her toes and let go of him, reaching up for a few books from upper shelves, glancing then rejecting and then crouching down to pull another from the bottom. She put three books in his arms and then focused on him again, "Those will probably be interesting to her, my personal favourite is this one," she pointed to a red bound book, "But this," she slipped the periwinkle one from the bottom of the pile, "Has incredible illustrations that she'll probably love."
Audrey Stevenson
Audrey Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Hermione Granger June 7th 2011, 4:28 am

"Awesome," Justin said, flipping through the pages and enjoying all the pretty pictures. "That's perfect. Are there any books you're looking for? Not sure how much help I'd be, but I'm willing to try." Justin wasn't a big bookstore man, but he didn't mind going there with Audrey; it was cute how excited she got over books and how intelligent she was when she was helping him.
Hermione Granger
Hermione Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Stevenson June 7th 2011, 4:34 am

Audrey threw him a sexy smile as she walked off, "Well you can carry them all for me." Walking around the corner she reached her favourite section, the potions section, and immediately started taking stock of all their new arrivals. This was probably the place she was most grateful for her height, when she needed to reach those top shelves. Grabbing one book she didn't instantly recognize she put it in his hands just as he reached her, turning around to see the shopkeeper waving at her. She waved back, "Hello! Do you have anything in the back I'd be interested in?" When he replied in the affirmative she reached behind her and grabbed Justin, pulling him with her as they shopkeep smiled at her and pulled back a curtain into their back room where the lights were dimmer and the books were all under preservation charms. Glancing at Justin she saw his slightly confused expression and slowed a little so she could loop her arm in his as she walked over to the first shelf, "This is where they keep all the older antique books, and the rare editions."
Audrey Stevenson
Audrey Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Hermione Granger June 7th 2011, 4:37 am

"Interesting," Justin said, nodding as Audrey dragged him around the shop, placing various books in his arms. It was a good thing he was strong, for the combined weight of everything would cause most normal people to collapse, begging for mercy. Hyperbole at its greatest, Justin Finch-Fletchley.
Hermione Granger
Hermione Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Stevenson June 7th 2011, 4:53 am

Audrey didn't notice his lack of attention or the fact that her pile of books was getting rather large, instead she was distracted by a dark brown leather with silver lettering, sparkling out from behind some others. Carefully moving them she pulled out the gem and put it on one of the empty pedestals, delicately turning the pages. She meant to say something but she was speechless, this was exactly the book she wanted. Needed. Couldn't survive without.
Audrey Stevenson
Audrey Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Hermione Granger June 7th 2011, 4:55 am

Justin watched Audrey intently examine the one book. "What's that?" he asked curiously, shifting some of the pile so he had a better grasp of everything. It looked small to Justin, but then what did he know about what made a good book? If Audrey liked it, it had to be good.
Hermione Granger
Hermione Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Stevenson June 8th 2011, 12:51 am

Audrey glanced over at him and gestured at a little table, "You can put those books there if you want. And this is an original copy of one of Gesputle's manuals on the traditional brewing methods. It's very basic recipes but it covers different ways of brewing and the subtle changes. Most of this information is available in other forms but this is an amazing find." She continued to gently turn the pages, occasionally leaning in to check on the small writing.
Audrey Stevenson
Audrey Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley June 8th 2011, 6:06 pm

*Justin because I'm too lazy to log off and I'm using my sister's computer*

"Exciting," Justin said, looking at it closely. To him, it appeared to be any other book full of writing, but he wasn't a Ravenclaw for a reason. (Meanwhile, one of the other voices in Teresa's head has pushed Justin asdie to get a closer look at. He wants to know if he can borrow at some point.) "It's amazing the things you will find by chance."
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 11th 2011, 12:15 pm

[PAUSED FOR TAM UNTIL SHE GETS TO ENGLAND.]
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy June 12th 2011, 9:26 pm

Audrey nodded then closed up the book and picked it up carefully, glancing at the pile he had. "Erm I want to put some of those back and then I think I'm done, unless there's something you're looking for."
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

http://skylinepassion.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley June 14th 2011, 11:29 pm

"No. You already helped me find something for my sister - thank you so much for that," Justin said, grinning as he extended the giant book pile toward Audrey. There were a lot of them, now that Justin had a closer look; no wonder his arms were sore.
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann July 24th 2011, 3:35 am

"Um, I would have to say my sister, Claire." Though Melanie hadn't talked to Claire in a while she was still closest with her. "But if I had to choose someone that I am not related to I would probably go with my friend Marlene. I don't know if you know her or not but she is in Ravenclaw." Melanie couldn't think of anything else she knew that wasn't rude to her. Scorpius and Albus weren't here friends, they had only talked once after all. The other people she had talked to were Parvati, Narcissa, and Lucius and she was pretty positive that they all hated her. Melanie turned and walked into the bookstore, giving a small thanks to Dom for holding the door open for her. Her eyes lit up once they were in the bookstore and she started walking around with wide eyes. "Wow! This is so much better than the library," She said, looking over her shoulder and giving Dom a small grin.
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley July 24th 2011, 6:18 am

“Well that makes sense. Your sister seems…nice,” she said, trying to keep the hesitancy in her voice at a minimum. “I mean, I’ve only really met her like, once…but she seemed like a nice girl. I don’t know Marlene though,” Dominique added, not familiar with the name at all. “Truth be told, I really only know the Gryffindors of the school and a few people here and there in other houses,” she shrugged. As she followed Melanie into the store, she couldn’t help but smile at how excited the Ravenclaw got. “Yeah, definitely better. I mean, now you’ll be able to find and buy books that stupid first years haven’t mucked up with their greasy little fingers and bogies,” she said. "Which section do you want to look at first?"
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann July 24th 2011, 9:27 am

Melanie wasn’t quite sure why Dom almost seemed hesitant about saying her sister was nice but decided it was probably nothing. She said she only met her once so she probably just didn’t know her well enough to really say anything about her. It was completely understandable. “I’m pretty sure Marlene is new just like me. She is a really cool girl once you get to know her though,” She said, remembering back to when she first met Marlene and she was a tad bit scared of her to be honest. “Well I mean, at least you know people. I only really know a total of like ten people at this school, if not less and I’m positive at least three of them hate me.” She sighed and shrugged. “Can’t win them all though.” Melanie looked around the bookstore and couldn’t help but laugh at Dom’s comment. “Umm, do you like transfiguration? I would love to look in that section. It’s definitely my favorite subject like ever.”
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley July 24th 2011, 6:46 pm

OKAY. I can't post to the other one right now...because that requires thinking sexy thoughts...which is hard to do with my family in the room. I just... not quite yet <.< I'll try and make time for one later though Smile

“Oh, well that would probably be why I don’t know her then,” Dom replied, for she really hadn’t met any new students recently. “The only reason I know quite a few people is because my family is so massive. I mean, I’ve got nine cousins, two siblings, and then there’s Teddy…who is the godson of my uncle. I mean, technically Teddy isn’t really related, but he’s as good as family. So really, it seems like maybe I know quite a few people…but it’s just my massive family.” She followed Melanie’s gaze and smiled at her suggestion. “Sure! I love Transfiguration,” she said, walking towards the section. “Oh, and I’m sure that no one really hates you. I find that to be impossible.”
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann July 24th 2011, 10:47 pm

Okay bb <3

Melanie’s eyes widened, a lot, when Dom started talking about how big her family was. Melanie’s family was her sister and her parents. The only others were were grandparents which her all muggles and half dead so she rarely ever saw them anymore, not since she was little and they lived near them. She perked up when Dom said that she loved transfiguration. “I love it too. I’m actually in the process of studying with this boy, Um, he’s in Hufflepuff and his name is Ted and we are working on a project together to study to be animagi,” She told her, rather excitedly. “Oh, and apparently it’s possible to hate me, very possible.” She knew Lucius had every right to hate her, because she hated him in return. Narcissa though was just mean and Melanie had no idea why. Then there was Parvati, who Melanie had met one time and if Melanie was being honest, she was most scared of Parvati out of the three.
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley July 25th 2011, 5:50 pm

"Well, I'm sure that whoever supposedly 'hates' you is just a complete arse and you're better off not dealing with them," she replied with a small shrug. "You're studying to be animagi?" she asked, eyes widening because she is both shocked and quite impressed. She had heard that the process took quite a bit of work and was rather strenuous, so she definitely admired that fact that Melanie and this Ted guy were apparently both extremely dedicated people. "Are you just going to..you know, do it quietly or will you register with the Ministry?" she asked quietly, not wanting to ask that bit too loudly because who knows who could stumble on by.
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann July 25th 2011, 8:21 pm

Melanie opened her mouth to say something about Dom's first comment but then decided it would be easiest to just drop the entire topic itself and not say anything more. She nodded quickly, and rather enthusiastically as Dom asked her question. "Oh, we're going to register through the Ministry. You see, we are kind of doing it with Mrs. Mcgonagall in a way. We're not exactly doing all of the work with her but we are working through it in steps and like she has to approve it since it can be kind of difficult and dangerous if you don't do it right. So she knows everything about it."
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley July 28th 2011, 3:55 am

“Oh, well that’s good then! It’d be awful if you ended up doing it illegally and not registering and then got caught. I wouldn’t want to know what the punishment would be like,” she said, relieved that Melanie was going about and doing things the completely legal way. She glanced at the books in front of her, then took one of the shelf and looked at the pages for a moment. “So,” she said, turning and lightly resting her back on the bookshelf so she could look at Melanie. “Any idea yet what kind of animal you’ll become?” she asked with a smile.
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie McCann July 28th 2011, 3:59 am

Melanie looked at the books, rather than Dom as she listened to everything she was saying. It wasn't that she didn't like looking at Dom, books were just so distracting to her. She couldn't seem to take her eyes off of them. Hell, if the Minister of Magic was here she would probably still have her eyes on the books and not on him. "Yeah, I do actually. Ted and I, we made this potion stuff to find out and it told me I would be a dog," She told her with a wide smile. "A golden retriever to be specific. I'm not sure how it determines it but if it's because of your looks I think it might be the big eyes." She grinned widely as she looked over at Dom for a moment before looking back to the shelf and grabbing a book off of it. "I've never read this one," She said, pretty shocked as she flipped through the pages.
Melanie McCann
Melanie McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominique Weasley July 28th 2011, 6:19 am

Dom totally understands why Melanie is interested in the books and Melanie really does not need to justify it. New books are always very interesting. She figured that a dog was a really great choice of animal and could definitely see why it could have been the eyes that triggered it. "That makes sense. I mean, you do have really pretty eyes," she commented offhandedly, turning to place the book in her hand back on the shelf. "Oh? What's it about?" she asked, curious as to what the book was that Melanie got quite excited about.
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next