Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honeydukes Sweet Shoppe

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Honeydukes Sweet Shoppe Empty Honeydukes Sweet Shoppe

Post  Lily Evans August 13th 2011, 1:46 pm

Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Honeydukes Sweet Shoppe Empty Re: Honeydukes Sweet Shoppe

Post  Emily Prescott September 7th 2011, 6:46 am

Emily didn't admit it to anyone, but she was feeling slightly jittery about her date with Louis. At first at the lake it had been just flirting, but the library... that was definitely not "just flirting." Something had changed at the library, and she knew they weren't just playing games anymore. Or they were, but now they were playing for keeps. "So," she casually bumped into Louis as they walked down the street together. "Want some chocolate? You know, because we make such a sweet couple?" She graced the terrible joke with a big cheesy wink.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley September 7th 2011, 7:01 am

Though Louis also would never admit this to anyone, he too was slightly nervous about the date. He almost debated grabbing a hold of her hand, he really wanted to, but he wasn't sure if it was too soon or not, and he most certainly didn't want to scare Emily off. He was brought back to reality when Emily started talking and he chuckled at her pun, "Oh so we're a couple now are we?" he smirked and quirked an eyebrow at her. "I suppose I'd be alright with that, buying sweets for a sweet girl."
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott September 7th 2011, 7:27 am

So he caught the little "couple" thing she threw in there. She was glad, because that line took Jamesy like forever to get right. Fo' realz. Anyway, she had to give Louis props for extending the pun. "As long as you don't throw any acid pops disguised as caramel apple lollipops in there. Seriously, that stopped being funny around when - Actually no, that was never funny." She kind of wanted to hold his hand too. She fidgeted her hand closer, then changed her mind and let it hang by her side.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley September 7th 2011, 7:34 am

Louis gasped in mock surprise, "how ever did you ever figure out my nefarious plot?!" Then he grinned to show he was only joking and nudged her playfully in the arm. He made a split second decision as they approached the shop as he took hold of her hand, pulling her into the shop with him. He immediately took notice of the softness of her hand and smiled inwardly. "So what's your favorite type of candy? I'm going to get you whatever you want."
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott September 7th 2011, 7:47 am

Emily looked down in surprise when he took her hand. A slow smile spread across her face and she almost missed what he said next. "Oh, um, chocolate actually. I know, it's like the most generic candy to like, but I love Honeydukes chocolate like you have no idea." Alright fine, so I'm the one who likes chocolate. Emily would probably like fizzing whizbees or something, but CHOCOLATE THO. She tried not to focus on her hand in his, just act cool, but she couldn't help but keep coming back to their hands, and wow this is getting cheesy SOMEONE SLAP ME.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley September 7th 2011, 8:04 am

Louis cocked an eyebrow and grinned as an idea came to mind as they passed a batch of candies. "Oh? I would have thought maybe....cockroach clusters?" he paused to dangle one close to her face, hoping for a good reaction.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott September 7th 2011, 8:29 am

Emily wrinkled her nose. "Ew. No. But I bet you like blood lollipops!" She pulled one out of the bin behind her, then mock gasped. "I bet you're a vampire! This is what you do, isn't it! You lure innocent girls out to candy shops and kill them in the back alleys." There was an imaginative gleam in her eyes. "And to think you only wanted me for my blood!" She swept her hair over to one side dramatically, baring her neck.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley September 7th 2011, 8:52 am

Louis laughed evilly and a playful wicked glint came to his eye. "Yes, you've figured out my plot! And you were such a wonderful girl, it makes it almost painful that I'll have to drink your blood that much sooner!" He swooped down on her, taking her by the shoulders and pretended to go in for the "kill". He got a few inches away before coming up and facing her, smiling and laughing.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott September 7th 2011, 11:55 pm

Emily laughed and pretended to push Louis away, but when he stopped, she stayed close with her arms linked behind him. "Well don't worry," she smiled conspiringly. "I'll never tell." Like before, in the library, being so close to him seemed to have some sort of effect on her. She was finding it harder to keep her composure.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley September 8th 2011, 12:51 am

It was all Louis could do to keep from bowing his head and kissing her right there. As much as he wanted to, he just didn't know if it was the right time yet. He stared into her eyes for a few moments, nothing else mattered but the two of them right then and there. "Well I'm trusting you with my little secret," he winked and looked around the store, taking Emily by the hand again and leading her over to the chocolate cauldrons. "So...chocolate right?"

[lame post is LAME]
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott September 8th 2011, 4:59 am

Gotta admit, Emily's pretty disappointed. She who cares not for pacing and story frowned very slightly after Louis turned away. "I'm impressed," she stepped forward. "You remembered for a whole..." she checked her nonexistant watch that can't even exist at Hogwarts because it's muggle tech "two minutes! Your information retention skills are truly superior." She gave his hand a squeeze and stayed close.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley September 8th 2011, 6:08 am

Louis grinned "I know. We Ravenclaws are known for our impressive memories." he winked and smiled when she squeezed his hand. "I just want to get you whatever you want. I want this to be perfect," he admitted
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott September 8th 2011, 7:17 am

Emily grinned, thrilled that he felt the same way. Or, well, that she assumed he felt the same way. "Me too," she said quietly and leaned in, putting her head on his shoulder. She really, really liked this guy. More than she'd ever really liked a guy, actually. He made her stomach do little flips every once in a while when he looked at her a certain way, and even though it made her feel sick, she loved it. Which is probably an example of the threshold of romance that I can take without puking being reached, and after this I am just making shit up.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley September 8th 2011, 7:54 am

Louis was surprised momentarily when Emily laid her head on his shoulder, but it was a good surprise. He wrapped his arm around her waist, resting his head on top of hers for a few moments. "So pick out whatever you want Em. I'm getting you whatever you want okay? Then maybe we can head to the Three Broomsticks for a Butterbeer?"
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott September 11th 2011, 7:57 am

Emily flailed like a crazy person because shitballs that's why. AND THAT GOES DOUBLE FOR YOUR MOTHER. Just kidding, she linked her arm with his and something. "Let's get something to share," she said, pointing out something that is delicious and for sharing. Like Magic M&Ms or some shit. "Then the Three Broomsticks?"

I suck.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley September 11th 2011, 8:47 am

you do not suck.

Louis smiled and picked up the super cool candy, tugging Emily along by her hand as he moved toward the counter to pay for it. He smiled at her "You ready for a butterbeer?"
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Prescott September 11th 2011, 9:08 am

"I was born ready," Emily said, and followed him out the door. "Gimme," she held out her hand and mock demanded some yumminess. The Three Broomsticks was right across the way and they sat in a booth because that's what cute couples do because LOUMILY IS A CUTE COUPLE GODAMMIT. I don't even know where this scene is going anymore I am tired.
Emily Prescott
Emily Prescott

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter November 8th 2011, 11:16 pm

James laughed, shrugging casually as he and Lily strolled out of the castle and toward Hogsmeade. "I don't know. I'd try anything once, even a peanut butter and banana sandwich as weird as it sounds. If the King liked it, maybe I would too. Never know unless you give it a shot." The grin never left his face as they moved along. He was clearly enjoying himself walking through Hogsmeade in costume, Lily at his side. Approaching Honeydukes, he laughed quite loudly as he spotted the old wizard with the spider web cotton candy stand. He was most certainly still there, with plenty of the fluffy sweet stuff left. "She got her knickers in a knot for nothing! There's still plenty left! I'm getting some, you want any?" he asked, picking up two of the fluffy sticky bundles and passing one of them to Lily. He quickly handed over a couple sickles to the man and moved toward the door of Honeydukes. "They're probably still inside stocking up. Everything's for cheaper today so it's probably a madhouse inside."

I figure spider web cotton candy looks a bit like this only with some little charmed licorice spiders crawling all through it. Yum.
Honeydukes Sweet Shoppe Little_clo.._11_035
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 8th 2011, 11:27 pm

YUM.
Lily chuckled to herself, watching James have the time of his life, playing up to the Elvis costume. A couple of people sort of stopped and did a bit of a double-take to see James 'Go out with me, Evans' Potter and Lily 'rather date the giant squid' Evans walking along the main street of Hogsmeade together in full Halloween costume, but Lily just waved at them and kept going. Merlin, they were just walking together anyway. "Fair enough. The banana sandwich part throws me a little, that's all. Sorry? Oh, uh, sure just a bit. Thanks," she says, as he offers her the cotton candy (which is odd for Mya to type because it's fairy floss to her).
One of the little liquorice spiders skitters down the stick and onto her arm, she plucks it up and pops it into her mouth. "Probably," she agrees, noticing he many outlines of people through the door as they approach. "Maybe we should've picked costumes that come with cattle prods."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter November 8th 2011, 11:46 pm

FAIRY FLOSS IS LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES COOLER SOUNDING THAN COTTON CANDY. I hereby change it to fairy floss in all respects to which I am associated with the sugary treat.

"We definitely should have. A good cowboy costume would be really handy right now," James decided with a nod, figuring that a branding iron could poke people out of his way, and a lasso could make sure they didn't really get too far separated if he held onto one end and Lily held onto the other. "Maybe it'll clear out a little," he hoped tentatively, his voice doing nothing to hide the fact that he didn't believe what he had just said at all. "Anyway, we can't take our giant spider web fairy floss inside, so maybe by the time we're done there'll be more room to walk around." He gave her his best optimistic smile, and then took another massive bite of his spider web, picking up a little licorice spider and watching as it ran circles around his finger before he ate it. "I wish they had these more often. But then it's not quite as special on Halloween anymore. Like..." he paused, leaning down to whisper, "like those valentine heart sweets." Grinning devilishly, he straightened up again and pretended he hadn't said anything, stuffing his mouth full of more fairy floss so he wouldn't need to speak about that again.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 9th 2011, 4:33 am

IKR? How does cotton invoke thoughts of tastiness, anyway?

Lily nodded, imagining James as a cowboy. Those tight jeans... Oh dear Merlin where had that come from? All of a sudden her nodding became head-shaking, trying to dislodge the thoughts. It wasn't that she couldn't own James was good looking, he has always been, but she has always refused to let hat have any bearing on her opinion of him. "Oh. I was more thinking I should've been a muggle cop, with whistles and handcuffs and batons. That'd clear us a path one way or another."
She leans against the wall the store, sniggering quietly at the mention of the heart shaped sweets and pulling smaller pieces of the candy free from the stick to pop neatly into her mouth. "Nope, it's only going to get worse, but at least if we finish up with this first we'll have two hands to push," she shrugs.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter November 9th 2011, 3:57 pm

James's mind too had wandered momentarily unchecked to the gutter, upon Lily's mention of handcuffs. He figured he would totally let her handcuff him, but that didn't mean he'd act like a good boy afterward either. Handcuffed or not, he wasn't playing prisoner, oh no. He shook his head lightly, closing his eyes for a second. "That'd definitely do a good job. Beat a few of the dumber ones up a little if they didn't move out of your way quickly enough. After all, when Lily Evans is in need of some sweets, no one better be stopping her! Dangerous woman, when she's on a mission." His tone was light and teasing as he looked down at her, standing somewhat in front of her so he could both look at her and into the window of the store, searching out the others and seeing if there was any break in traffic. No luck on either so far. "I think you're right, only now there are some squealing first years in there. I didn't think they were allowed to come to Hogsmeade today?" He shrugged, a grin on his face. "Of course, I came to Hogsmeade during first year Halloween, so I suppose they're only carrying on one of the oldest traditions of Hogwarts - to break the rules and have a little fun." He finished up his fairy floss, eating the last bit of fluff and the last spider, tossing the now slightly gooey and useless stick into a nearby garbage bin. He leaned toward the window a little to peek inside while Lily finished hers.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 11th 2011, 12:16 pm

Lily simply smirks. "Well, you know how it is, some things worth fighting for and all that. You know, it'd be tempting to cart the lot of them back just to make way, but what would be the point? By the time I rounded the lot of them up and got them back to the castle, more would've taken their place. Like flies, these first years are. I'm sure we were never that small! Besides," she adds with a laugh, waving around the fairy floss stick with the final scraps of the candy and one little spider clinging for dear life, "I don't know how, but they've all gone and got the impression I'm nice. Best leave it til at least Christmas before I teach them better, right?"
Finally, she finishes and tosses her stick in the bin. She cracks her knuckles. "Right, Potter, ready for battle?" With a positively wicked grin, she opens the door to the sweet store and bellows, "Prefect coming through- anybody here who shouldn't be, clear out while you can!"
She holds the door open, tring to keep a stern look about her as several people scurry past. In a minute flat, Honeydukes is considerably more empty.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter November 18th 2011, 11:02 pm

Sooo I apologize for making you wait a week for a reply on this, but I'm finally home for thanksgiving break and have more time to make an effort for a good post, rather than just quickly writing up a bit of shit which you do not deserve *nods*

"And you'd ruin their first Halloween at Hogwarts, anyway," James cautioned very quietly as she waved her stick around like a mad woman. "And maybe you are actually nice," he added with a grin. "Though with the way you have a certain talent for throwing mallets, it would be very easy to be convinced otherwise." Because the little amusing fights of last year seem like good 'last year' canon for them in a way. And I just really like that scene because it makes me lol and poor James duck and cover.
James smirked as Lily cracked her knuckles and shouted into the crowds of people inside, quirking an eyebrow at the kids who hurried out and feeling secretly proud of the little troublemakers of the younger classes. He was glad to see that the sneaky ways he and the Marauders got around and snuck to places they weren't exactly permitted to be were not going anywhere anytime soon. "Well done, Evans," James laughed, following her into the store and grinning to find it much more spacious than it had appeared to be a few moments ago. "Brilliant!" Excitedly, he grabbed one of the jack-o-lantern shaped buckets that had been stacked by the front door, meant for the students to fill up with all the candy they wanted to buy. This particular bucket kept changing his expression from something rather growly to the silliest cross eyed expression James had ever seen. "Hey, Evans, want to help me fill it?" He held it up for Lily to see, grinning a little goofily in his over-excitement.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next