Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kitchens

+5
Lily Evans
Arthur Weasley
Molly Prewett
Angela Braddock
Dean Thomas
9 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Kitchens Empty Re: The Kitchens

Post  Dean Thomas June 18th 2011, 9:58 am

Dean was still staring. "You know you are going to give me some of that pie." He crossed his arms over his chest and shifted his weight around a bit. "You can't deny your best friend. Besides, we've just become recently reunited, we need to celebrate somehow." He pretended to think for a moment before looking at the pie. "Hey! A pie! Perfect thing to celebrate with."
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock June 18th 2011, 10:07 pm

Angela laughed again before conjuring up two plates. She had really missed this. She placed a large piece on one plate and slid it over to Dean and put a slightly smaller piece on her own plate. She left two more pieces for them before letting the house elves enjoy the rest of her dessert. "yes I suppose, now stop complaining!" she said with a smile
Angela Braddock
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas June 18th 2011, 10:23 pm

Dean smiled and fist pumped. "Yay! Thanks Angypie!" He grabbed his slice and started devouring it. "Mmm, es eally 'ood!" He nodded happily and finished the slice in record time, then patted his stomach in satisfaction. "It's been a really long time since I've had chocolate pie."
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock June 19th 2011, 7:26 am

Ange smiled, glad that Dean was enjoying her surprise for him. She laughed as he practically inhaled his piece of pie and nodded to the other piece waiting for him on the counter as she continued to take small bites from her piece, savoring the taste. She would NEVER understand teenage boys.
Angela Braddock
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas June 19th 2011, 7:30 am

Dean looked at the other piece of pie, then back at his tasty snacks, then back to the pie, then back to the snacks. "I may actually have to turn down that slice. I need to leave some space to pig out with Seamus and maybe Neville when I get back to the dorm." He nodded slowly.
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock June 19th 2011, 7:37 am

She chuckled. Of course, the boy had to leave room to PIG OUT. She shook her head, smiling, "Typical teenage boy. Oh well, more for me then!" she laughed and grabbed the other two pieces, though she would probably only eat part of a second piece. She doesn't want to get fat now, no she does not.
Angela Braddock
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas June 19th 2011, 7:51 am

Dean looked offended. "Hey! That's not very nice. I'm bringing snacks to share with my friends while we bond over recent life changes. Seems totally mature to me." Even though there would probably be much flailing and lots of giggling.
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock June 21st 2011, 7:40 am

Ange grinned and laughed, "Oh I'm not judging, I just should have known better than to interfere with a man's guy bonding time!" she stuck her tongue out playfully at Dean. "I'm just glad I get more of this delicious pie!" she said as she dug into her second piece
Angela Braddock
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas June 23rd 2011, 3:31 am

Dean laughed. "Well, it's been a while since us guys just hung out. We've all been so busy living separate lives, it'll be nice to just hang with them again." He shrugged. "Besides, you put all the hard work into the pie, you should get to eat more of it, don't you think?"
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett July 9th 2011, 7:53 am

Molly has been in the kitchens for about three hours now, setting things up for her date with Arthur. He's due to arrive shortly, and Molly has an apron on over her outfit because she'd hate to ruin it before the date even begins. Everything is, naturally, going swimmingly, and there is even a small table set up in the corner, bathed in the glow of candlelight. A wine bucket sits next to the table, chilling a bottle of the drink ready for them.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley July 9th 2011, 8:00 am

Arthur nervously fiddles with his outfit as he walks down to the kitchens. He was wearing a button-down blue shirt because Billy said that blue brought out of the color of his eyes, which Molly seemed to like, and jeans because Ron thought he'd look cooler in denim. Overall, it was a fairly successful look for the typically clueless Arthur. He walks tentatively into the kitchens. "Hi!" he says enthusiastically at the sight of Molly. "I brought you these!" He hands Molly a colorful bundle of yellow and orange flowers he picked in the forest earlier that day.
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett July 9th 2011, 8:06 am

Molly turns around at the sound of Arthur's voice and smiles brightly to see him -looking very dashing, she thinks, by the way- standing there holding out a bunch of wildflowers to her. "Hi! Thanks, Arthur! They're really pretty," she says, moving over to take them from him. Even though the yellow and orange clashes horribly with the red romantic hues Molly has set the table in, she puts the flowers in a vase and lets them adorn the centre of the table because they make her far happier than any stupid colour coordination could. "Dinner is nearly ready. Take a seat. I hope you're, like, not allergic to seafood?" She realises for the first time that she might have asked that before to make things run more smoothly, but oh well.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley July 9th 2011, 8:15 am

"Oh I love fish!" Arthur says happily, smiling as Molly puts the flowers on the table; he thinks they look lovely with the table setting, but he also thinks that green stains on a blue shirt are acceptable for everyday wear. Arthur normally isn't a seafood person, but he would love anything Molly cooked, especially if she made it just for him. He takes a seat before standing up awkwardly. "Uh...do you any help?" he asks because he doesn't want to be rude.
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett July 9th 2011, 8:21 am

Molly greams brightly as Arthur says he loves fish; she's glad to know she's made something he likes, because luckily she cannot read the part of Teresa's post that says Arthur isn't really a seafood person. Molly would probably throw the whole lot in the bin because she wouldn't think it good enough and start from scratch. "No, no, sit down. I've, like, totally got everything under control," Molly insists, waving Arthur back into his seat. She usually does better when she can move freely around her kitchen. "You could pour the wine if you wanted?" She moves to the ice box, and returns to the table a few moments later with two plates of gourmet mesclun salad for entree. "Oh! Just a second!" She slips off her apron and sets it on the bench before moving back to sit opposite Arthur.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley July 9th 2011, 8:43 am

Arthur smiles nervously as he grabs the wine bottle. After his incident with the champagne, he had gotten several lessons on opening bottles of alcohol from both Billy and Ted. He was luckily able to open the wine bottle without incident this time and poured a decent amount into each glass, accidentally spilling a little on the side of his glass. He decides to move his glass on top of the stain so Molly doesn't notice it right away. "What's that?" Arthur says, looking curiously down at the dish in front of him. He'd never seen food like it before, but it looks delicious, like everything Molly prepares.
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett July 9th 2011, 8:52 am

Molly is so busy bustling about to get everything just so that she does not realise the tiny spillage of wine. "Oh! It's mesclun salad with asparagus logs. Oh, and there's a lemon vinaigrette so if it's kind of a little bit tangy, that's why. Mesclun is the leafy salad parts, you have a mix of, like, baby salad leaves and things. It's a French thing, I totally had some sent over. We have a holiday house in Nice so sometimes we can get stuff sent," Molly babbles, unconsciously bragging because she wants Arthur to realises that she's gone to great lengths for this dinner, and it's all in the name of impressing him. "Thank you," she says, lifting up her now-filled wine glass and holding it out for a toast. "Cheers."
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley July 9th 2011, 9:04 am

"Cheers," Arthur says, taking a small sip of his wine before placing the glass back on the stain. "You got the lettuce from France?" he asks curiously. "Just for little old me?" Arthur is happy that Molly thinks he's good enough for French lettuce; however, he feels a little self conscious at the mention of her family's vacation home. The Weasleys weren't the richest family in Great Britain; vacations involved tenting in the backyard or in the woods near his grandmum's house. He takes a bite of the salad; it's delicious, as he expected. "This is really good - not that everything you make isn't amazing."
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett July 9th 2011, 9:27 am

Molly sips at her wine and sets it gently on the tablecloth. "Well I just, like, know where the best ingredients for things are sometimes and I wanted to make sure I had the best, you know? Like, why do something if you're not going to try and do it right? Not that some of the local stuff isn't great, but I just wanted everything to be perfect," she chatters, smiling that Arthur is pleased and likes it. "I'm super glad you like it, anyway. Have you ever been to France? If you want, you could come with me in the summer for a week or something. Nobody will care. Or if you don't want to leave Britain we could stay in London for a bit- we have an apartment in Knightsbridge. Gid likes it in summers because it's all close to the nightlife and junk, except I guess if he's with Evans he won't be bothering with all that so much. Ooh - maybe we could stay there when your brother's bar has the big opening!"
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley July 9th 2011, 9:33 am

"I've never been to France," Arthur says quietly; everyone he knows seems to travel there frequently. "But that sounds - spending the night after my brother's bar opening. It's going to be huge; it's open to everyone after 9, though all the family's getting together at 6 for a pre-dinner tour. You're welcome to come for that, if you'd like." Arthur hopes Molly says yes; his family really wants to meet her, and Arthur really wants them to see how wonderful she is. "Your brothers and Alice are welcome to come to opening night too; I don't know if Gideon would like it, but Fabian might like the company."

{Good night! Smile}
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett July 9th 2011, 9:43 am

"France is lovely. Except I would probably like it more if I could, like, speak the language and stuff," Molly says; she's never been able to get the hang of it, which is a bit of a source of embarrassment for her while she's over there at times but for the most part she gets by just fine. Her face lights up. "I would, like, totally love to come to dinner with your family. I mean, if I totally wouldn't be intruding or whatever because it is a big night for your brother and all. But it would be awesome. And I'll definitely invite my siblings along to the opening. I'm sure they'll love it. Gideon doesn't mind getting hit on by dudes, as long as they're cool with taking 'no' for an answer," she says, and has a little more of her salad.

[Goodnight, lovely. Sleep well. xx]
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley July 9th 2011, 4:55 pm

"It's okay; I don't know any other languages either, though I do know a few words in German because the one clock part company I like is centered in Germany," Arthur says. By a few words in German, he means hello, good-bye, and the names of several clock parts. "And my family would love to have you there." Arthur's family knows that Molly is fairly special to him, considering he never stops talking about her. "I think they can handle no for an answer; Gideon can bring his girlfriend if you want, though I know you aren't really fond of her." Arthur figures it would be polite to ask it. "Now I need to find a way to sneak Ted in somehow - maybe he'd want to go with Andromeda."
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans July 9th 2011, 5:13 pm

-as Molly because my computer is doing odd things and only letting me work on one browser-

"You get stuff from Germany? Cool," Molly chirps, pausing to take another sip of wine before finishing her salad. "And as long as you're sure, I, like, wouldn't miss it for the world." A slightly petulant look turns her lips downwards for a moment at the mention of Gideon bringing Lily, but it lasts barely a second before she's back to her usual bubbly self. "He would probably only come if he got to bring Evans, so whatever. I guess I could deal with her for one night. I'll be too busy having fun to worry anyway, right? And you know I'm sure that Ted would totally be there too if you ask him because he'll know how important it is to you and he's totally the kind of guy who supports his friends and stuff."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley July 9th 2011, 5:22 pm

Arthur smiles as he continues to munch on his salad; all the different color leaves were actually quite tasty. "Lily would be welcome - the bar area is big enough so you wouldn't have to see her if you didn't want. And I get the stuff from Germany because it's high quality but a cheaper cost. Helps me save some money." Arthur blushes slightly; he decides to take another sip of his wine. "And I think Ted would have fun, though he'd never admit it to anyone." He places his glass on the table, spilling a little bit on his salad.
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett July 10th 2011, 1:50 am

"Yeah plus I could, like, accidentally lock her in a cage or something," Molly says offhandedly, as if this is a perfectly normal and acceptable suggestion. "Well that's good- that means you can get all sorts of cool stuff to make your clocks! And your clocks are awesome. You could totally sell them one day, you know. I bet Ted would love being the centre of attention or whatever, even if he would never admit it," she agrees, smiling slightly as Arthur slops some wine onto his salad.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthur Weasley July 11th 2011, 7:27 pm

"It is good - I like making clocks. NotasIlikespendingtimewithyou," Arthur says, the words quickly rushing together as his nerves take over. He takes a bite of his wine-sopped salad; the wine tastes pretty good with the dressing, he thinks silently. "Ted probably would be," Arthur says quickly, trying to change the topic to something he could speak at a normal pace. "He likes spotlight more than the average Hufflepuff." Well, except for possibly Justin.
Arthur Weasley
Arthur Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next