Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Library

+34
Rose Weasley
Neville Longbottom
Angela Braddock
Fleur Delacour - Inactive
Trent Bennett
Morag MacDougal - Inactiv
Mya Lupin
Theodore Nott - Inactive
Cho Chang
Rolf Scamander
James Potter - Inactive
Romilda Vane
Dean Thomas
Parvati Patil
Nikki Orwell
Ravenclaw Mod
Gideon Prewett
Apolline Delacour - Inact
Lucius Malfoy
Daphne Greengrass
Alice Prewett
Hannah Abbott
Molly Prewett
Lucian Bole
Harry Potter
Remus Lupin
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Muffy - Tam - Draco
Demelza Robins
Padma Patil
Draco Malfoy
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Lucy Weasley
Viktor Krum - Inactive
38 posters

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Library - Page 27 Empty Re: The Library

Post  Neville Longbottom July 16th 2010, 7:50 am

"Well. I don't know." He said and shrugged. "I mean...I know she has...gone further. But I don't think I would know what to do. I mean....I'm sure it would be lovely to go further with her. But I just..I barely know how to snog."
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas July 16th 2010, 7:57 am

"Well. It's always awkward at first. Maybe it's better that she's....experienced. She'd be able to...help you out a bit. And don't worry. It gets better after the first time. I think the second time should count as the first..because...yeah.." He was rambling because this was becoming even more awkward.
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Longbottom July 16th 2010, 8:00 am

He nods slowly thinking about the first time they got like that. "Yeah..." He says cooly. "I'm sure next time it will come easier to me...At least I hope it does."
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas July 16th 2010, 8:08 am

He cleared his throat. "Yeah. It'll get easier...with...practice.." He looked away awkwardly.
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Longbottom July 16th 2010, 8:11 am

"Oh, well that's good to know." He says nodding and looked away. He wondered if it was too much to ask if he knew from experience. He figured it was and didnt say anything.
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas July 16th 2010, 8:17 am

He cleared his throat again "SO. Whatcha reading?"
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Longbottom July 16th 2010, 8:19 am

"oh." He says looking down at the book. "Just...Herbs of Life: Health & Healing Using Western & Chinese Techniques by Leslie Tierra" He says without taking a breath.
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas July 16th 2010, 8:23 am

"Oh..sounds cool." He smiled at how Nev said it all in one breath "Something worth reading?"
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Longbottom July 16th 2010, 8:27 am

"Oh yes." He said nodding and picked it up and handed it to him to look at. "This excellent book will help people seeking detailed information on the properties and uses of herbs, as well as those who want to know what holistic healing means. Importantly, the author's holistic approach to herbalism avoids the common method of recommending specific herbs for whatever symptoms present, called the "this for that" approach in the book's foreword. Instead, she emphasizes that the underlying cause of the symptom must be treated. Every element in a person's condition should be evaluated and all aspects of an herb's energy considered, before the herb is matched to the condition.
She writes: "Traditional cultures which use herbs according to a theoretical system use herbs energetically. Chinese, East Indian Ayurvedic, Tibetan, Middle Eastern Unani and Native American Cherokee medicines are all founded on an energetic basis, although each system is different. To use herbs energetically, we look beyond the symptoms of the disease to alleviating the underlying imbalance which caused the disease. This cause varies according to each individual because all aspects of a person are taken into account, not just the disease itself."

In fact, Tierra looks beyond herbology in her holistic approach and notes what she considers five essential factors in the healing process: breathing exercises and contemplation; physical exercise; proper diet; appropriate lifestyle habits; and natural medicines. The book is divided into three parts, showing how to use herbs for health and healing, how to regain and maintain health, and how to obtain and make your own healing tools. She's also included a valuable bibliography, herbal resource guide, and a short piece written by her husband Michael Tierra on how her classification of yin and yang energy differs from that of macrobiotics as espoused by George Ohsawa.

Tierra's coverage of the energy of herbs and the energy of illness is one of the best I've found, and her success in explaining these concepts may lie in her straightforward, practical presentation which includes helpful charts and illustrations. Her theories are based on Traditional Chinese Medicine, simplified to a point but still comprehensive." He says and takes a deep breath and leans back into the chair. "It's really great."
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas July 16th 2010, 8:40 am

Dean stares, dumbfounded. "Well. Wow. That's..wow. You memorized all that? Wow. That's. You sounded like Hermione there for a minute." He looked beyond confused at what just happened.
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Longbottom July 16th 2010, 8:42 am

"Yeah, I did." He says nodding. "Ermm, Well..." He says and smiles at him. "Did you get any of that?"
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas July 16th 2010, 8:44 am

He didn't want to seem dumb..."Oh Yeah! It all sounds very interesting. With the medical...stuff and what not..."
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Longbottom July 16th 2010, 8:45 am

He smiled at him. "It's an extremely useful book which allows beginners to appreciate the finer points of Chinese herbs and gives the experienced Chinese herbalist an opportunity to review his or her understanding about Chinese herbs." He says with a small smile. "That's a more. Upfront explanation."
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas July 16th 2010, 8:56 am

"Oh. Right. Well dude, you have a serious career with plants and herbs. That. Is for sure!" He smiled at his awesometacular best friend.
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Neville Longbottom July 16th 2010, 8:57 am

He grinned at him. "Yeah, I hope so." He says standing up. "Well, I must be off now. So, I will see you around mate." He said and waved and walked off.
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas July 16th 2010, 9:02 am

"Okay, see you around mate." Dean stayed there, practically scratching his head. He was still thinking about the monologue that Neville just gave.
Dean Thomas
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Weasley July 23rd 2010, 11:30 pm

Rose skips into the library to do homework. That awesome stuff is just so damn awesome.
Rose Weasley
Rose Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy July 23rd 2010, 11:33 pm

Lucius dances in.
The Library - Page 27 3304mmv

Lucius walks in and spots the Weasley that he talked to in the corridor that one day. He walks over and taps his pimp cane on the table to get her attention. "Hello there, Weasley. Miss me?" he asked with a cruel smirk.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Weasley July 23rd 2010, 11:36 pm

Rose bristles when Lucius' tap makes her smear ink all over her parchment. "It's been just [i]awful[/i without you, Malfoy," she says without looking at his ugly face.
Rose Weasley
Rose Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy July 23rd 2010, 11:37 pm

"I figured as much," he says as he sits down on the table in front of her. "Sorry for leaving in such a rush, by the way. Important things to do, you see. Hope you didn't take it too personally."
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Weasley July 23rd 2010, 11:41 pm

"Of course, of course. I'd hate to keep you from your evil plans." Rose whips out her wand, and fixes the essay, trying not to curse him as well. Because Lucius is a douchebag, just like Harry Potter used to be back with the muggles.
Rose Weasley
Rose Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy July 23rd 2010, 11:43 pm

Rose needs to learn that there will always be guys like Lucius. "Well, I'm free now," he says with another smirk. "No evil plans to keep me from running off. Where did we leave off last time? Oh, yes. I do believe you were laying there on the ground. Sorry about that. I do hope one of your many family members eventually showed up to help you out."
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Weasley July 23rd 2010, 11:49 pm

Rose would like to punch that stupid smirk off his face, yes she would. "Sounds about right. You think you can tide over using an Unforgivable on me with just a simple sorry? Think again, mate. And yes, someone did help me, no thanks to you!"
Rose Weasley
Rose Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy July 23rd 2010, 11:51 pm

"Oh. Would you like me to get on my knees and beg for forgiveness?" he asked with an innocent blink. "Send you flowers? Chocolates? Take you out for an expensive dinner? I'm sure eating each other out of the garbage must be tough for you Weasley's."
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Weasley July 23rd 2010, 11:58 pm

"The flowers would probably be explosive, the chocolate poisonous, and you'd probably stick a bomb in my sandwich. So thanks, but no thanks."
Rose Weasley
Rose Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next