Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Come And Go Room

+2
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Draco Malfoy
6 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Come And Go Room - Page 4 Empty Re: The Come And Go Room

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 7th 2011, 7:41 am

"Thanks." She said, blushing slightly, surprised at how fast she was actually picking all this up. Sidney then listened to what Al was telling her about the strokes and then picked up the guitar and had a go at it herself. Short post is short because I'm watching the new glee episode.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 7th 2011, 8:08 am

That is totally understandable. That episode is just jwa;fskljeg. Anyway. "Good! Really good!" He had her practice strumming and playing her scales and whatnot a bit more, before turning the book to a page with a simple little song on it. "Alright. This song is pretty easy. It only has three notes that you need to know." He took the time to teach her each note, and how it looked on the paper. Then he played it a few times on his own guitar, before letting Sidney take a turn at it.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 7th 2011, 8:44 am

Sidney watched closely as Al played through the simple song a few times, so she didn't make a mistake when she would have a go. When Al had finished showing her, she put her hands in the appropriate places on the guitar and started to play the notes on the paper. "Wow.. I'm actually quite good at this." She thought to herself as she was playing. When she had finished the song, she looked up and took a dramatic bow while smiling. "Was that good? I thought it was."
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 7th 2011, 5:38 pm

Al laughed at the bow and set his guitar down to give her a small round of applause. "You were awesome! Seriously, that was really impressive. You're picking this up a lot faster than most people." He couldn't help but smile proudly of his 'student,' feeling both pleased with how quickly she was learning and at how part of that had something to do with his teaching. "Uhh, let's try this one now." He turned the page to another simple song that used the same three notes. "This time you try playing first and I'll tell you how you did."
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 8th 2011, 11:33 am

[Sorry about the late reply! It's hard during the week because of timezones. *kicks timezones*]

"Yes, I am quite brilliant." She said jokingly when Al complimented her on how fast she was learning. She then Positioned the music book where she would be properly be able to see it, took a quick look at it, then started to play, frequently looking at the book as she did so. When the song finished, she beamed. "So.. how did I do?" She asked, feeling quite proud of herself.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 8th 2011, 4:06 pm

[It's fine! <3 *also kicks timezones*]

Al laughed at her joke, then quietly watched as she played the next song on her own. He raised an eyebrow suspiciously as he teasingly asked, "Are you sure you need lessons?" He chuckled to let her know he was joking, then skipped forward a couple pages to get started on teaching her more notes. "We don't want to learn too much in one day. That way you'll be able to remember more and practice until the next time we meet up for a lesson."
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 9th 2011, 10:58 am

"Yes, I'm just obviously a fast learner." She then watched him skip a few pages. "What are you doing? I don't think I'm that fast of a learner!" She quickly said. "But I may aswell give it a go." She said with a small joking sigh. She looked down at the new notes on the page. "I'm going to have a go at these ones, ok?" She said positioning her guitar to do it anyway and going right ahead and playing the new notes on the page and the small song that was there to learn them.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 9th 2011, 11:52 am

Al chuckled at her reaction when he turned the page, but waited patiently as she figured out the notes, nodding when she asked to try the small song. "Great! Really good," he praised when she finished. "I think that's enough for learning new notes, but if you want we could try a few other easy songs. Or you could take a break if your fingers or hands are getting sore. Just let me know," he said with a friendly smile. "Your fingers will end up getting calloused soon so they won't hurt as much, but when you're first learning guitar they might be a bit sore."
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 9th 2011, 12:08 pm

"I think I'll have a break and have a kit kat." She said as she realised that her hands were starting to get slightly sore. She then started looking around the room for a water bottle becuase she realised that she had gotten thirsty. She spotted a couple on a shelf and went over to get them. "Do you want a drink of water?" She asked, looking back at Al.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 9th 2011, 4:51 pm

"Sure," he replied with a grin as he set his guitar down next to him. He was impressed with how quickly Sidney had been picking up on everything, and was sort of beginning to wonder if maybe there were other students in the school that he could start giving lessons to. "So, what do you think so far? I'm not moving to fast for you, am I?"
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 10th 2011, 8:31 am

Sidney grabbed both bottles down and handed one to Al. "You're not moving too fast at all! All at a good pace. Well, for me anyway. I seem to be a fast learner, don't I?" She asked, "Hey! If you wanted, you could maybe give instrument lessons to other people in the school who are interested." She suggested, like she was reading his mind.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 10th 2011, 9:36 pm

Al thanked Sidney as he took the bottle of water from her, taking a small sip as suggested an idea very similar to what he had just been thinking. "You really think so? I mean, I'd love to teach more people music but do you think anyone would actually be interested in music lessons around here?"
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 11th 2011, 7:47 am

Sidney nodded, "I'm sure they will. I mean, I wanted to and you took me on board. There's probably loads of people around here who actually want to, they just don't know anyone to teach them, or have enough confidence to ask. Maybe wheh you tell people, they'll want to learn."
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 11th 2011, 7:58 am

"Maybe...I'll consider it. I love being around music a lot more than I like dealing with magic, so it'd be good for me to spend my free time teaching people how to play guitar...or piano, or whatever," he said with a contemplative expression.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 11th 2011, 9:02 am

"You really should consider it. I think people would like it." She said with a small nod. She took one last sip of her water and set it down on the table so she could access it easily. When she had done that, she said, "Okay, lets do a little bit more guitar playing for today." And went and sat herself down.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 11th 2011, 4:53 pm

Al smiled at her enthusiasm and picked up his own guitar as she came over and sat down next to him again. "Alright. Let's try playing this song I had you do before, just to help get yourself used to playing the notes and everything," he suggested as he pointed out in the book which song he wanted to have her play.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 12th 2011, 2:13 am

Sidney looked at the song Al had pointed out in the book and picked up her guitar and started to play the notes shown on the page. When she had fully played the song, she put her guitar down and smiled. "I really seem to be getting the hang of this, don't I?"
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 12th 2011, 2:18 am

"You do! It's really impressive! You sure you've never played the guitar before?" he asked teasingly as he gently nudged her in the arm with his elbow. "You're picking it up a lot quicker than I expected!"
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 12th 2011, 2:29 am

"Yes, I'm sure." She reassured him. "A lot quicker than I expected as well. It's surprising me." She said and turned the page, curiously looking to see what the next thing in the book was.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 12th 2011, 3:01 am

Al ran his fingers through his hair as he watched Sidney look through the book, deciding that it'd probably be best if she kept it along with the guitar to practice with until their next lesson. It's not like the Room of Requirements would need it back or anything, right? "Maybe we should leave it at that for today?" he suggested as he set his hands on top of his guitar. "We could meet up again in about a week, and go over what we learned today and start learning some new stuff."
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 12th 2011, 3:07 am

"Mmm, yeah, my hands are now starting to get a bit sore." She said as she realised that her hands were a bit sore. "Sounds good." She nodded. "Well, I had loads of fun today and learnt a lot, even if I have sore hands." She said smiling and slowly standing up and doing a little stretch.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 12th 2011, 3:23 am

"So did I! And don't worry about the hands. They'll start to hurt less the more you practice," he told her. "Anyway, I'll see you soon, Sidney. Keep the music and the guitar so you can keep practicing. It's all about memorizing the notes and chords," he smiled. He walked over to the door, holding it open for her like a dapper gentleman.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sidney Fletcher February 12th 2011, 5:14 am

"Well, thats good." Sidney said nodding. "I don't want to be having sore hands all the time." She then walked over to the door and stopped when she got to Al. "Thanks again for the lessons you're giving me. I had a lot of fun today." She smiled. "I best be off, so see you soon." She then skipped off to go to the library or something.
Sidney Fletcher
Sidney Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter February 12th 2011, 5:50 am

"See you soon, Sidney," he said as she walked out before grabbing his guitar and heading back to his dorm to work on more lesson plans for their next meeting.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy March 7th 2011, 5:31 am

Scorpius waited outside of in the corridor with Al, a bit nervous with how Al was going to react. He had told Al that he had a small surprised and hoped he hadn't gotten his boyfriend's hopes up for anything crazy and romantic. "Couple more minutes," he told Al, waiting for Melanie to come along.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next