Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Room of Requirement

+17
Lily Luna Potter
Ginny Weasley
Harry Potter
Albus Severus Potter
James Sirius Potter
Parvati Patil
Romilda Vane
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Molly Prewett
Jack Smith
Remus Lupin
Lily Evans
Gideon Prewett
Ravenclaw Mod
Mya Lupin
Marco Montague
Katie Bell
21 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

The Room of Requirement - Page 6 Empty Re: The Room of Requirement

Post  Lily Evans December 31st 2010, 2:54 am

Lily bursts out laughing and kicks a couple of sheets of paper in Remus' general direction. "I feel like such a child- more interested in the wrapping than what's inside. Oh, here, I got you this, too," she says, handing over the package under her arm, trading it for the one Remus offers her. "Erm, I know you've probably read it, but it's a first edition in mint condition, I could barely believe it when I found it, and I thought of you right away," she explains before Remus even opens his gift, because we all know she'd only get him a book anyway. It's a first edition copy of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Eagerly, she pries the tape from the paper of her own gift, lifting out the poetry book and admiring the cover. "It's brilliant. Thanks, Remus," she says sincerely, resting her hand on his arm for a brief moment because initiating a hug just seems like a bit much. Carefully, she places her new book on the coffee table and wads the wrapping paper into a ball, which she tosses at Remus.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin December 31st 2010, 2:58 am

Remus is quite glad to know Lily likes her gift and then opens his own. "Oh! I actually...have never read this." he chuckles, knowing it's probably a surprise because goodness knows he's read pretty much everything else out there to read. "Thank you, Lily. I can't wait to read it." Which he'll probably have finished by the next day. JS. He laughs as the paper Lily throws at him bounces off his shoulder, and retaliates with some more paper after setting his new book down next to Lily's.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin December 31st 2010, 3:02 am

[Hey, I'm falling asleep here and still feeling really icky so I'm going to go for a bit. Sad Still have to go to work tomorrow cause I don't want to call off again so I'm going to try getting more rest. I'll be up really early tomorrow though so I'll try and post a few times before going to work. Love you lots!!!!]
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett December 31st 2010, 3:06 am

[Sleep, beautiful. Feel better. I love you lots & lots. xxooxxoo <3]
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 31st 2010, 3:06 am

That Remus has never read Lord of the Rings is a very pleasant surprise to Lily, who had expected she was getting him something that he'd aesthetically enjoy -what book lover doesn't appreciate the sight of first editions decorating their shelves?- but wouldn't find any great wonder in. "You'll have to tell me what you think of it! We should start a book club, I'd happily read the whole series again and again," she muses, scooping up some more paper as some of Remus' bounces off her knee. She tosses it at him gleefully, before becoming distracted by something shiny amongst the paper. "Ah, now the experience is complete," she announces. She scoops up the ribbons, tying them into necklaces. She slips one around her own neck and the other over Remus' head.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin December 31st 2010, 3:26 pm

ACK. *overslept the time she wanted to be up* And apparently I don't work today. *headdesk* I was looking at next week's schedule. Amethyst is a fail. Her excuse is her illness. Yep yep.

I'll respond after I go take some meds. Thankfully mum got some stuff that's the non-drowsy kind. Mine always knocks me out for a few hours.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin December 31st 2010, 3:45 pm

"I'll definitely let you know what I think." Remus grins. "I wonder why there isn't already a book club here anyway. It'd definitely be a good idea." Would probably be mostly Ravenclaws but, hey, votever. He gives Lily a slightly confused look as she makes her announcement and starts tying the ribbons together, but then understands as she slips the ribbon necklaces around each other their necks. "Ah, perfect! Oh wait..." he grabs a random bow that's lying about, "I used to do this to Dean sometimes." he explains as he places the bow on top of Lily's head. "There." he laughs, tossing more paper at her.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 1st 2011, 12:32 am

*snuggles* How you feeling now, gorgeous?

Lily gives Remus an odd look in return when he spots something in the mess as well, but laughs when he pulls out a bow and sticks it to her head. "Right! Now everything's just right! One year, my sister and I made our Dad a crown of bows," she says, her smile faltering just a touch as she remembers. She shakes it off quickly, though, because she has every reason to be happy. She starts trying to dodge Remus' wrapping paper missiles and returning a few of her own, the smile coming back to her face. "Well, if all else fails, we can make our prefect rounds actually interesting, have a different book to have read for each time so we can talk about it," she suggests, taking careful aim with some pretty, snowflake-covered paper.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 1st 2011, 12:44 am

*huggles* HI!!! *flops off couch to flail on floor* I'm at the 'stuffy nose, sneeze, and cough a lot' stage...I think I've gotten past the 'vomit a lot' stage..hopefully. I haven't tried eating anything yet. <.<

"That sounds like a good plan, actually. It'll definitely make our prefect rounds interesting then." Considering it can be kind of boring just walking around the school...especially when what one really wants to do is just head into the library for a bit. Remus unsuccessfully dodges the pretty, snowflake-covered paper which bounces, harmlessly, off his forehead. "Oh! Nice aim!" He laughs, tossing some shiny, red paper at her before ducking behind a couch that was there, peeking above the top to see if she was retaliating. It was nice how he didn't feel all awkward around Lily. He knew he had at one point, but over the years they'd become better friends and he didn't feel awkward around her at all now - well, unless, of course, an awkward topic would come up, but it was never because of Lily that Remus felt awkward around her.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 1st 2011, 12:53 am

Aw, love *huggles* I hope the vomit stage is over too! xxoo

"Thanks," Lily laughs, watching the snowflake paper bounce of Remus' forehead a second before the shiny red paper hits her shoulder. Lily has always liked Remus far more than his dorm-mates. Sometimes she can't understand why he's such good friends with them, given his obvious brains and maturity and human logic, and the rest of the Marauders' obvious lack of the same. But then she thinks that anyone forced into such close quarters with them would eventually be overwhelmed by the tidal wave of noise and personality, so maybe it's not such a mystery after all. And they do seem to take care of one another in an almost fierce way... While she is contemplating this, Lily is advancing on the couch. She'd like to think she's being quiet, but the fact of the matter is that a sea of wrapping paper crinkles when you move through it and there isn't much to be done about it. She reaches the opposite side of the couch to Remus, scoops up a giant armful of paper, and dumps it over the back of the couch like an avalanche.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 1st 2011, 1:04 am

Now my nose won't stop running. *sniffs* At least I've managed to text about everyone from work that I have numbers for so they don't think I'm dead or anything. That was so funny...except I felt really bad about it. Shouldn't have left my phone downstairs all day. Oops! XD

Sometimes Remus feels like a parent to the other Marauders...a very strange parent, but a parent nonetheless. That's mostly only when he has to take care of them, or tell them to do their homework, or try to convince them that, no, it's not a good idea to kidnap Mrs. Norris and throw her in the fountain out in the courtyard...or coax Peeves to go after first years..or..well, you get the picture. Other times he wonders himself how he ever became such a strong friend with the other three of their group, considering his differences, but he'd never complain about it - at least..not in a way that he means it. Of course he complains sometimes, but it's always in a very jokingly way, never in a serious way. He really does love having friends like the Marauders. Remus can hear Lily advancing on the couch - the sea of crinkly wrapping paper does nothing to add to someone trying to be quiet - and decides to wait till the last minute to move...but he waits one second too long and is covered in an avalanche of wrapping paper. "Oh dear..." he's laughing, trying to uncover himself.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 1st 2011, 1:14 am

Oops? *giggles* Meh, I forgot to tell my inlaws I'd changed my phone number... for 2 months. Awkward moment. XD

Lily laughs loudly as Remus doesn't quite manage to make a break for it and is covered with paper. "Rookie mistake- you let yourself get pinned down," she tells him, happily pelting him with wrapping paper cannonballs while he tries to uncover himself. In all honesty, Lily is a little jealous of the closeness of the Marauders, given that her two dorm-mates are sisters and naturally close, and neither of them particularly like her. Of course, she doesn't really like them either, but still, sometimes Lily thinks it would be nice to live with people she could really get along with. Especially since she happens to be dating one of the brothers of aforementioned roomies who don't like her.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 1st 2011, 1:27 am

They all kept calling and texting me but I never replied all day...oops. XD OMG Hahaha that is an awkward moment. Oops!

Remus manages to get out from under all the wrapping paper and dodges some more wrapping paper cannonballs, laughing all the while. He retaliates with an armful of wrapping paper and a few carefully aimed wrapping paper canonballs as well so he can get out of Lily's tossing range. Remus is also currently wondering if James would personally murder him if he knew about this...probably at least ignore him for a few weeks at least. Haha.

Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 1st 2011, 1:35 am

Oops. >.>

Lily ducks below the back of the couch and scrambles away as Remus makes a break for it and creates a barrage of wrapping paper himself. Whipping out her wand, she performs a quick levitation charm, and all the wrapping paper in the room floats to the ceiling. Some fancy wandwork later has it gathering above Remus' head like a cartoon storm cloud. "Any last words?" Lily asks Remus, and lets the paper drop.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 1st 2011, 1:42 am

OMG Hahahaha XD *pats Remus and is glad he isn't a sore loser*

Remus blinks as all the wrapping paper just rises into the air and hovers above his head like a cartoon storm cloud. "Uh oh..." He covers his head with his arms as the paper drops all around him. After it's all done falling, he lays there and then an arm appears up from out of the pile, waving a piece of white wrapping paper like a flag. "You win! I surrender!" His laughing is muffled by all the paper still piled on top of him. Definitely one of the best Christmas mornings ever.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 1st 2011, 1:49 am

*giggles* That was SO much fun. I wish that could happen in RL. XD

Lily wishes she had a camera for this moment, because the sight of Remus' arm and makeshift surrender flag poking out of the gigantic paper pile is the funniest thing she's seen in a while. Laughing, she walks over and plops down next to Remus, sitting cross-legged amongst the paper that she quickly becomes half buried in as well. She takes the white paper flag from Remus' fingers and tosses it away. "Ah, just the way it should be. It's a shame I can't use magic at home, I'd love to see that happen in the living room. Ah well, by next Christmas I'll well and truly be of age and I can do it then," she smirks, knowing already that Petunia will flip.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 1st 2011, 1:57 am

XD OMG Could you imagine??? I'd buy out, like, all the wrapping paper at the store just so I could do it over and over again.

Remus is just happy cause he's sure he's helping make this a good Christmas for Lily. He sits up, shaking his head so he can get rid of some tiny pieces of wrapping paper that got stuck in it. "I can only imagine..." he chuckles, "and if I did that at home next year I'm sure my parents would think something's gone wrong with me. Their faces would be priceless." Especially considering he's usually the one who tries to keep everything neat and organized around the house. Already he can feel his fingers itching to clean everything up, but he also really doesn't want too just yet because this is too much fun.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 1st 2011, 2:10 am

People would be like 'what do you want for Christmas?' And I'd be like 'wrapping paper'. *blinks*

Remus is most definitely helping make this a good Christmas for Lily. She smiles at Remus' admission that it'd be considered pretty out of character for him to do something like this. "I think a few of the people here at Hogwarts would feel that way about me- they'd be surprised to see me doing something so... unorderly," she says. "You should do it, next Christmas. And I'll use magic at home even though my sister will blow a gasket. It'll be like a social experiment, we'll get pictures of their reactions and compare them after the break," Lily suggests, absently tearing a piece of green wrapping paper into much tinier pieces.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 1st 2011, 2:19 am

Hehe. *is considering getting a lot of wrapping paper and just tossing it off the banister from the second floor into the living room next year* XD

"Yeah...we're both quite..good at doing things in an orderly fashion, aren't we?" He pulled out his wand and made all the tiny pieces of green wrapping paper Lily was tearing float in the air, swirling about in a tiny green wrapping paper blizzard. "I think I will do that next Christmas. It'll definitely be unexpected. Oh..." he pauses, all the tiny pieces of torn wrapping paper falling to the floor, "I think amidst all of our paper tossing I got a paper cut." He chuckles, showing her the cut on the back of his hand that was slightly reddish. "Now I'll have a battle scar for a short while. Something to show people how I fought bravely but was bested in the end."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 1st 2011, 2:30 am

I wish I lived in a two-storey house, just for that. XD

Lily blinks. "I think we just put our finger on why we're the prefects in our year," she tells Remus, admiring his miniature paper blizzard. She takes his hand when he shows her the paper cut, quickly checking to make sure it's nothing serious. "It'll heal in no time, and then there'll be no evidence of my stunning victory [which Mya just tried to spell as viktory]," she sighs. "Oh, I know!" She takes some gold paper and fashions it into a crown, which she places atop her own red locks, then she takes some silver coloured paper and makes it into a ribbon which reads '2nd place'. She pins it to Remus' shirt. "There you go - just don't tell people it was only a two person contest and they'll be infinitely more impressed."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 1st 2011, 2:36 am

Sometimes Amethyst wants to spell things like 'victory' or votever with a 'k' instead of a 'c' too. Just because it looks better that way. "Hm, we can tell people we had a whole wrapping paper people army to back ourselves up." Which gets him to wondering and so he takes a bit of wrapping paper and, using his wand, cuts it into a few different rectangular pieces for the body, legs and arms, and then a circular piece for the head. After putting it all together he tries to get it to move...well, at least one of the arms waves up feebly. "It's kind of pathetic actually...poor thing. Doesn't really look like a person at all, but at least he can wave."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 1st 2011, 2:47 am

The worst part is, I have a girl in my team whose name is Victoria. And I seriously have to edit every document I make with a staff list, because I ALWAYS slip up and put Viktoria. Always.

Lily looks at the sad little paper man who cannot stand, but can feebly wave an arm about. She takes a piece of white paper, creates a tiny white flag, and attaches it to the paper man's hand. "There we go- now it's reenacting and commemorating your moment of defeat," she says, watching the little paper man wave the white flag about.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 1st 2011, 2:50 am

OMG Hahaha, I would do that too. XD I don't know...it just looks neater that way. *shrugs*

Remus watches as Lily makes a tiny white flag to attach to the paper man's hand. He starts laughing after she's finished. "Brilliant. Here," he marks a tiny number 2 on the paper man's chest, "now he even has a second place mark as well."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 1st 2011, 3:03 am

It's just so natural to type it with a K now!!! *giggles*

Lily laughs. "It's perfect." She idly starts vanishing some of the mess they've created, naturally not vanishing Paper!Remus. "Thanks for this, Remus," she says abruptly. "It's really made my morning better."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin January 1st 2011, 3:10 am

XD

Remus can't resist anymore, he has to start cleaning the mess up. So he's glad when Lily starts cleaning it all up because that means he can as well. Of course Paper!Remus has to stay. Amethyst is going to make a Paper!Remus now. Yep yep...once she feels up to it of course and can find good paper. Hopefully we have some of the strong wrapping paper left. Remus smiles shyly when Lily thanks him. "Well, I'm glad, cause that was my intention. I wanted you to have a great morning, cause you're one of my best friends, you know."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next