Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Davis' house in the woods.

3 posters

Go down

The Davis' house in the woods. Empty The Davis' house in the woods.

Post  Trey Davis December 26th 2010, 4:25 am

Tracey woke up early Christmas morning, not expecting much to happen that day. Just like every year, of course. One of the only good things about her parents wanting to be so secluded was that she never had to worry about getting dressed up for all those spiffy Pureblood parties. Of course she loved dressing up, and always probably over did it at her modeling parties since she never got a chance to any other time. She'd just overheard some of the kids at school talking about those Pureblood parties though and they sounded dreadfully dull.
Tracey rolled out of bed and, after grabbing a change of clothes, headed into her bathroom. She was glad she didn't have to share it with her brother, especially considering she generally took a very long time getting ready and her brother was quite impatient a lot of the time. She loved him, but sharing a bathroom was just a different matter altogether.
The Davis' house in the woods. FancyBathroom
She turned the bath on and set her clothes down, going over to a cupboard to grab her shampoo, conditioner, and other hair and skin products. Setting those down on the floor next to the tub, she turned to the mirror over the sink. Checking her reflection out, turning her face this way and that, she pulled her hair up tightly into a bun, not wanting it to get wet while she took her bath. She'd wash her hair in the sink afterward.
Removing her clothing, she placed it all in the hamper then turned the bathwater off. Testing it before getting in and finding it nice, toasty warm, Tracey stepped in, sinking down into the warm water and letting her head sink below the surface. Blowing little bubbles, she giggled, accidentally choking on water. Raising her head above the surface, she coughed till she'd cleared the water away. Leaning back against the wall of the tub, she closed her eyes, stretching her legs out and crossing them.
Tracey laid like that for what felt like ages. Opening her eyes, she yawned then looked down at her toes, admiring the pretty dark, sparkly red she'd painted them. Her fingernails matched of course. She liked things to match. Grabbing her cherry blossom scented body gel, she washed herself, humming quietly. She'd sing, but generally when she did it was very loud; everyone else would still be asleep and, even in their huge house, they'd still probably be able to hear her. Ah well.
Finishing up, she started to drain the water, grabbing her towel to dry off as she got out of the tub. Keeping the towel wrapped around her, she sat on the floor, leaning back against the wall beside the tub, rubbing cherry blossom scented lotion on her smooth legs. Getting back up, she headed to the sink, taking the shampoo and conditioner with her - both cherry blossom scented, as I'd said before: she liked things to match. Letting her hair down, she leaned over the sink, soaking her hair. It wasn't exactly the easiest way to wash ones' hair, but it's how she wanted it done. After soaking, she proceeded to shampoo her hair then, after rinsing, use conditioner.
Once Tracey was all finished she gently towel dried her hair and combed it out, figuring she'd let it air dry a bit more before doing anything else with it. Getting dressed into a dark pair of jeans and a sparkly red sweater, she skipped back into her bedroom.
The Davis' house in the woods. IMAG001A

Making her bed up all nice and neat, she flopped down on top after grabbing her makeup box and hand mirror. Then she proceeded to do her makeup, which she did every day no matter what was going on. Even if the only thing that ever really happened on Christmas was the family actually sitting down to dinner all together for once, she still wanted to look decent. Even if she was just going downstairs to get something then come back up...she always felt the need to look nice.
A short while later she finally heard sounds down the hallway that alerted her that others were waking up. Maybe her brother would come in later. That was almost the only thing she looked forward to on Christmas - her brother walking in and giving her a big hug and a present of some kind that he said he always took forever to look for, just so it would be perfect for her. Tracey always told him anything he got her would be perfect, as long as it was from him.
Her door, not being shut the whole way, creaked open slightly and she looked up to see no one popping their head in. Of course that could only mean one thing then and Tracey smiled brightly as she looked down to see her lovely persian cat, Cordelian, staring up at her.
The Davis' house in the woods. Gizmo_doll_faced_persian_cat

"Hi, sweetie. Want up?" Cordelian meowed and Tracey lifted him up, softly kissing the top of his head. He gracefully slipped out of her arms then and went over to curl up on a pillow, watching Tracey with interested eyes. "You're a handsome cat, that you are."

"And is my beautiful sister awake this fine Christmas morning?" Tracey's younger brother, Trey, popped his head around the open door, beaming at her.
The Davis' house in the woods. Nicholas-hoult

"Trey!" Tracey flew off the bed and ran over, pulling the 15 year old into her arms. Cordelian seemed offended by the loud noises and fled from the room, brushing by Tracey's leg as he went.

Trey grinned, handing Tracey a tiny wrapped box. "Here...mum helped me pick it out this year. I wanted to get you something special. Open it, open it!" He almost jumped up and down from enthusiasm.

Giggling, Tracey pulled Trey over and they sat on her bed as she unwrapped the present.
The Davis' house in the woods. 1.391949IMG_8150
"Oh, Trey...it's gorgeous! And oh look!" She opened the wings up and there was a tiny picture of herself with Trey. She remembered that picture. Dad had taken it right before they'd sent her off to Hogwarts. Trey had been devastated when he'd found out that she would be away for so long. Tracey wrote him every week.

Trey beamed and laughed as Tracey hugged him, planting kisses all over his face. "You're the best brother ever! Now you have to open mine." She smiled brightly, reaching over to the top of her dresser to grab a wrapped gift. She watched with an amused expression as Trey opened the box and saw just a tiny piece of paper inside.

"'Look under Tracey's bed'? Alright." With a confused, yet curious look upon his face, Trey hopped off the bed and looked under the bed. "Oh, WOW! Thanks, Tracey!" Absolutely glowing, Trey pulled out a new game system. "It's one of those muggle gaming systems! Awesome!"

Tracey giggled, glad to know her gift was a hit. "Well, you had expressed an interest and all. So I figured I'd get you one. There's a box of games for it in the playroom." Trey hugged her tightly, looking positively delighted.

"KIDS, BREAKFAST TIME!" A loud, deep voice called from the staircase down the hall.

Tracey and Trey sighed simultaneously, setting their gifts down and getting up to leave the room. "I know it's never fun, Trey, but we'll get through it. Then the afternoon'll be ours and we'll get that game system set up for you, alright?"

"Alright." Taking her hand in his, Trey tugged Tracey out of the room and down the stairs to breakfast.
Trey Davis
Trey Davis

Back to top Go down

The Davis' house in the woods. Empty Re: The Davis' house in the woods.

Post  Trey Davis April 25th 2011, 2:52 am

Trey Davis was on his way down to the kitchen for some cookies to munch on when a tiny owl flew in through the open window. There was a letter attached to its leg addressed to Trey. Recognizing his sister's handwriting, Trey grins and brings the letter, along with some cookies, up to his room. Once settled back on his bed, Trey opens the letter to read.

Trey,
Hey, it's been a while since I last wrote. I apologize. I'll write you a longer one after this one. I hope you're doing well. Listen listen! I made a new friend the other day. His name is Reed Dawson. He's adorable. Anyway, I wanted you to reconsider attending Hogwarts next school year because it'd really do you some good to make some friends like I have. Plus Reed said he'd be your friend and that you could write him now if you'd like to. You'd both be in the same year if you attended. He can tell you about his dolphin too. His dolphin's name is Kras and Kras is a really really tall dolphin. Yep yep. So yeah. That's that and I hope you think about it.
Love,
Tracey

Trey is confused. He wondered how exactly this Reed kid could have a dolphin at the school. Who knows. Trey took a bite out of a cookie and sat silently for a bit. Well...Tracey was brave enough to go to the school so maybe Trey could work up the courage to go too. As for Reed...well it'd be helpful if Trey already had a friend when he started at the school. He had never written to someone outside his family before though so it made him slightly nervous to do so. After a bit of consideration he got up and grabbed some paper and a pen.

A few minutes later he was done writing and was sending his letter off with Greyson, his own personal owl his parents got him for his birthday last year.
Then he went back to eating cookies and playing video games.
Trey Davis
Trey Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson April 25th 2011, 3:23 am

[We'll just say this is the afternoon after Reed received Trey's letter...]

A jet black owl zoomed in through the window of the Davis residence, dropping a letter addressed to "Trey Davis". It too was written in perfect handwriting with perfect spacing.

Trey,
HI! I'm so glad you decided to write! I'm Reed, as you probably figured, but I wanted to make a formal introduction. I really think you should come to Hogwarts. It's amazing here! And I know what you're probably feeling, I was home schooled until the middle of this year. It's really not bad. I made a really good friend my very first day. And most people are extremely nice. Oh, and my dolphin, she meant my boyfriend. I'm gay. I hope that won't bother you, because I would love to have a new friend! I really like making new friends, and if you're anything like your sister, I think we could get along quite well! And if you're not like her, well I'm sure we'll get along great anyways. I like being around people! Also, by next year, I'll probably be able to find my way around a little better, so I could be like your tour guide! Oh, and sorry this letter took a little while to get to you, I was uh...busy when I received your letter yesterday. Sorry! Anyways, I can't think of anything else to write right now. Feel free to write back if you want, we can be penpals! I'll talk to you later!
Hope to get to meet you someday!
-Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

http://gayguyshpandglee.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Trey Davis May 4th 2011, 4:28 am

Trey is currently in the middle of a piano lesson - taught by his mother - when Reed's letter is brought in by the owl. He freezes mid practice scale and hopes his mother does not notice the owl.
Then the owl lets out a loud screech.
Well...so much for hoping.
His mother turns and gives the jet black owl a confused look. "Who could that be from?" She gets up to go get the letter but before she can pick it up Trey has run over and grabbed it. "Trey, that could be from someone important. Give it here. You know better than to mess with our mail."

"No mum. It's for me." Trey had already spotted his name on the front.

"You?" His mother can barely suppress a snort. "No offense, Trey, but who would be writing to you? The outside family only writes to your father and I and...well, you don't really have any friends."

Trey flinches at the last comment. "Well it's not like that's my fault. And I do have a friend. And, surprise, he's writing to me and I'm writing to him. I hope that's not a problem. I'm going to my room to read my letter now. Oh, and I'll probably be going off to Hogwarts next school year because according to Tracey and my new friend, Reed, it's a lot of fun there and you're right. I don't really have any friends besides Reed now, so I'd like to change that. I'm sick of living out here in the middle of freaking nowhere and never getting to meet kids my own age. I'll be down for dinner." And with that Trey turns and heads off for his room, feeling sort of terrified because he had never spoken back to his mother like that before.

Trey's mother was just blinking and gaping at her son's retreating back like a codfish. She was quite stunned...and would probably be grounding her son later on tonight during dinner. Yep yep.

Trey makes it up to his room and shuts the door behind him...though not before Cordelian slips in and bounds over to hop up onto his bed. "Hey, Cord." The cat had been spending a lot of time in his room since Tracey had gone off to school. Trey sat down on his bed and got comfy. Then he finally opened the letter from Reed and - happy to see that his new friend had really neat handwriting - he started reading.

Trey Davis
Trey Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 4th 2011, 4:33 am

[Aawwww Reed is flailing! ]
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 4th 2011, 4:38 am

[My Inner!Siblings are very happy to be friends with Reed. Trey likes to ask Kras about Reed...I think Kras is getting jealous already. XD Bwahahaha. Tracey just keeps going on and on about the fact that she might get to kiss a dolphin if Reed agrees to letting her kiss him some time. Trey just facepalmed and is shaking his head. It is a fun place in my head right now.]
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 4th 2011, 4:47 am

[Oh my gosh! Bahahah!! Oh all of that is making me laugh so much! ]
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 13th 2011, 5:27 am

Reed,

I was really excited to get your letter. I hadn't wanted to get my hopes up that it just might be a joke or something...sorry, it's just I'm not used to communicating with others outside my family and I was sort of worried. But now I'm not because you wrote back! And you sound really nice. I've never met a gay person before, but I really don't think that will be a problem. I'm generally very accepting...even though my parents are really into all the whole 'being a pureblood is the greatest and if you're not one then you're not as great' blah blah blah. Tracey believes in that more than I do, but I think she's more interested in making new friends right now than worrying about who's a pureblood or not. I don't want to offend you with this sort of topic though so I'll just stop talking about it. Oh, and you can pretty much expect me to be there next school year. My mom was really surprised when she saw your letter. She didn't believe it at first because she doesn't think I have any friends. I kind of told her that wasn't entirely my fault and that I'd be going to Hogwarts next year because it does sound like a lot of fun. She got a little huffy at me and grounded me for my 'attitude' but I don't care because it felt kind of good being able to stand up for myself for once. That's sort of why I haven't gotten back to you as quickly. Being grounded meant I had no free time cause I had to do practically double the lessons and it sucked. I will be glad to be free of all that when I'm away at school. It's exciting to think about. And I will fully expect a marvelous tour from you, because it will be a lot more fun that way! So...I'm sorry for writing so much. Haha. I just kind of keep going after a while. Anyway, I have to go suffer another art lesson from my father (I'm TERRIBLE at art). Again, it was lovely hearing from you and I hope we can continue writing to each other!
~Trey

The black owl flies back in and drops a letter in front of Trey.

Trey,
Sorry this is late! It's been a little crazy with trying to prepare for my art show. But I'm so excited to hear you'll be coming to Hogwarts. I can't wait to actually meet you! I'll be sure to learn my way around better before you get here. That would be cool if you were in my house, but since your sister is in Slytherin, you probably will be too. That's cool though, we can still hang out before curfew hours and stuff. And don't feel weird about the whole gay thing, I'm like flamboyant or anything and I won't try putting moves on you. Haha. I'm just a regular kid that has recently become addicted to chocolate. Sorry to hear you got in trouble, but that's cool you stood up to your mother, I wish I could do that. That's a whole long story that would be hard to put in writing, but maybe I'll tell you sometime when you're here. Hey! Maybe I can give you art lessons! I've been painting since I was two, so I know quite a bit. I need to get going though, I have a bunch of work to finish. I promise I'll write you a better letter next time! Let me know if there's any questions you may have about Hogwarts. I'm really soooo excited for you to come here. Talk to you later Trey!
-Reed
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Trey Davis August 11th 2011, 1:42 am

Trey had received a letter from the headmaster of Hogwarts informing him that it would be perfectly fine for him to start school there. He and Tracey had both been rather excited about that, even if their parents hadn't. Tracey had managed to graduate - to a lot of peoples surprise - and was now, even more surprisingly, working a job at the Ministry in the Law department. On the side though she modeled for a few clothing designers. It wasn't something her parents agreed with, but they let it go, especially after finding out that a rather attractive pureblood male from another respectable family worked there and was rather interested in their daughter. Trey was super proud of his sister, having known all along she was going to do alright with her life. Even if others didn't think so.
Their parents had wanted Trey to continue his education at home, but Trey had put his foot down and had remained stubborn. He would be going to Hogwarts and that was that. It was rather nerve wracking to think that in no time at all he would be attending an actual school with other students his age. Most likely he would be overwhelmed the first few weeks...but he'd make it. Tracey said she'd write to him every day, and he also had Reed to talk to. It definitely made him feel safer knowing that he already had one friend there.
Tracey had promised Trey that as soon as he got his letter from the school that they'd go to Diagon Alley to get his stuff. Plus she wanted to get him an owl as a present. So today they were going. And Trey was super excited...yet really nervous at the same time because there were going to be lots and lots of people around. What if he got separated from his sister and got lost? Eep. Well, he wasn't going to keep thinking like that because if he did then he would get too freaked out and give up on going, and that wasn't going to help convince his parents that he could make it away from them at Hogwarts.
Tracey arrived Davis' home around noon and she took Trey by side-along apparation to Diagon Alley.
Aaaand since I'm slightly bored I'm going to post all their adventures there.
Trey Davis
Trey Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Trey Davis August 11th 2011, 3:33 am

aaand their trail consists of (in order):
1.Madam Malkins
2.Slug and Jiggers Apothecary
3.Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
4.Magical Menagerie
5.Flourish and Blotts
And then they head back home. :3
Trey Davis
Trey Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Trey Davis August 12th 2011, 2:31 am

After having gotten back with all their stuff, Tracey and Trey had conversed with their parents for a short while - all that was deemed necessary before their parents had to get back to their own individual projects. Afterward they had escaped upstairs to Trey's room so Tracey could help him organize his school trunk. That way once it came time to finally leave for school all he would have to do would be pack his clothing and a few other personal belongings.

After the packing was finished, the siblings flopped down on the floor and lounged about, getting into a few rather heated games on the muggle gaming system Tracey had gotten Trey last Christmas. As they played a few games, they talked about the school and Trey's fears about meeting all the new people.
"It'll be alright, besides, you already have two friends there at least..." Tracey knew her brother was a lot less judgmental than everyone else in the family. And who was she to tell him who and who not to be friends with?
Trey nodded enthusiastically. "That's true! I'll get to see Hermione in classes hopefully, and then I can hang out with Reed." He made a particularly fine move on the game and his character beat Tracey's. She pouted in response, then hit the rematch button.
"Maybe you could write Reed and see if he'd like to meet you at the train station so you could sit together?" Tracey suggested. She hadn't had anyone to sit with when she went last year. It had been a lonely ride.
"Oh!" Trey hit the pause button, bounding up to go grab paper and a pen. "That's a good idea! I should do that now before I forget." He quickly wrote a letter - Tracey reading over his shoulder - then sent it off with his new owl, Guli.
Then they went back to talking and playing their game. At one point, Skitter ran in hissing as Cordelian - who had came along with Tracey for her visit - stalked in behind him, looking rather peeved.
Tracey giggled, telling the two cats to behave before focusing back on the game.
Cordelian ended up curling up in Tracey's lap, Skitter following along to curl up on the floor next to Tracey, eying the other cat warily.
Trey Davis
Trey Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down