Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scamander House

3 posters

Go down

The Scamander House Empty The Scamander House

Post  Rolf Scamander January 19th 2011, 9:29 pm

Because...well...we want a house.
Deal with it.
*snaps fingers*

The Scamander House Location-vacances-luberon-04

The Scamander House Location-vacances-provence-01 The Scamander House Terrasse-soleil

The Scamander House Location-cottage-provence-01

The Scamander House R7r7f9

The Scamander House Location-cottage-provence-08
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

The Scamander House Empty Re: The Scamander House

Post  Ravenclaw Mod January 20th 2011, 3:40 am

Luna walks into the kitchen after tidying up the rest of the house. She knew her husband would be home soon, so it was about time to start making dinner. She hummed a little melody to herself as she got out the supplies for dinner, and began mixing together the sauce ingredients that she'd put on top of the pasta that she had prepared for their meal, because Rolf now loves pasta. Why else would Luna make him pasta if her husband didn't like it? So, she mixes up the ingredients and lets the sauce heat up before moving on to boil the water so the pasta can cook and such. She slices up the bread and sprinkles on some cheese and garlic, adding a little bit of butter to each slice before sticking those in the oven to make some toasty garlic bread, all while humming this melody, mind you. And then she goes back to stirring the sauce and waiting for her beloved husband to get home from work because she loves him more than anything in the world.
Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

http://crumplehornedsnorkackcatcher.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander January 20th 2011, 7:02 am

It seemed as though work had been going more than great lately. After he and Luna had gone on their most recent trip and helped discover the true existence of some sort of species that Dom is not creative even to name, his pay had increased as his hours seemed to decrease a little. He wasn't complaining though, for that meant that he got to come home early in the evenings and have delicious dinners with his wife. Entering through the back kitchen door, he grinned when he saw that Luna had prepared dinner already. "Hello beautiful," he said, placing his notes and things on the table. He then shrugged off his jacket and draped it over a chair before going over to kiss Luna. "How was your day?" he asked after pulling back from the gentle kiss.
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire McCann January 20th 2011, 7:10 am

AND SUDDENLY FINE CHINA WENT MISSING
HEAVEN FORBID
NOT THE CHINA
Claire McCann
Claire McCann
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenclaw Mod January 20th 2011, 7:30 am

Luna smiled as she saw Rolf walk in, her face lighting up at just the sound of him walking in the door. "My day was good," she replied cheerfully with a bright smile on her face after being kissed by Rolf. "How was work? Here- try this." She held up a spoon with the meat sauce on it, blowing on it softly to cool it off a bit before offering it out to Rolf.
Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander January 20th 2011, 7:51 am

Rolf immediately ate the offered pasta sauce, for he loved getting samples of food. It was always the right amount to get him excited and wanting more of what she prepared. Not that she always did all of the cooking. After all, he really did love making pies and did so quite often. "That's delicious!" he said with a grin. "Work was alright," he replied with a small shrug. "Morrison wants to send me off to someplace in India for the next creature that we've been researching lately."
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenclaw Mod January 20th 2011, 8:16 am

"Really?" She set the spoon down off to the side before turning to Rolf again, looking excited about whatever his travel plans were. She always liked hearing about his plans for travel, even if she couldn't always go with him. "That'll be exciting. I don't think I've ever been to India, but I've heard nice things about it. And they have a lot of diversity with their creatures." She took the bread out of the oven and set it on the counter to cool before turning back to Rolf and tilting her head to the side as she curiously asked, "Do you not want to go?" 'Alright' wasn't exactly a positive word for describing a job assignment to work that involved travel.
Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander January 20th 2011, 8:31 am

"Well, I mean...I suppose it would be nice to go. Morrison just said that it could be a month long trip. I asked him about having you come with me, and he said it depended on the how the budget looked at the end of this month," Rolf sighed. The last thing he wanted was to be away from Luna for an entire month. He knew it would be complete torture. "I couldn't last a month without you," he told her softly. "I mean, I know it's a great opportunity... but unless you're able to come along, I don't want to go."
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenclaw Mod January 20th 2011, 8:48 am

"Oh." She pursed her lips as she leaned back against the counter. Sure, she would have loved to go but it would make perfect sense if she didn't Rolf had his job and she had hers, though she had never had to go on a trip that long before. And she hated to be the one holding Rolf back. "Well, of course I'd like to go but I don't want you to turn this down because of me if I can't." Now that she thought about it, a month really was a long time, longer than any amount of time they had ever spent away from each other, at least. But she could surely handle a month, right? She could go visit her friend, Ginny, and her new son James Sirius, which would be fun for about...a day or two. Not a month. "Well, let's not think about it now. We'll deal with it at the end of the month when you actually know more about the trip," she suggested with a small smile before turning to fix both their plates and placing them both on the table, along with some sort of drink that the Scamanders drink.
Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander January 20th 2011, 8:59 am

Rolf knew that trying not to think about it was going to be extremely difficult. Ever since his boss had proposed the trip, Rolf had had the entire thing dwelling on his mind. "It wouldn't be as if I was turning it down because of you," he said, watching as she placed the plates on the table. "If you weren't able to go, then I'd be turning down the trip because of me. I, personally, could not handle going away for an entire month. We've only been married for a third of that time," he stated. The two of them were still in that sort of deliriously happy newlyweds stage, something that was difficult to break after the wedding. Not that it was a bad thing, yet adjusting back to responsibilities and life after the wedding and honeymoon was hard. "Thank you," he said softly, sitting down at the place she had set for him.
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenclaw Mod January 20th 2011, 4:26 pm

Luna listened quietly to Rolf, not trusting herself to talk until she had sat down next to him. She nodded in reply to his 'thank you' as she sat down, then finally looked back up to talk to Rolf, absentmindedly twirling her fork in his spaghetti but not eating any of it yet. "It's a great opportunity. All the creatures and plants that you'd see in India..." she trailed off, knowing it was silly to list the advantages of this trip. Surely, Rolf had already looked at this trip from every point of view. "But I would miss you. I guess a month really is a long time," she added quietly. "But it's your choice, and you know I'll support you know matter what you end up doing," she told him with a strong smile.
Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander January 20th 2011, 4:38 pm

"I know," he mumbled, for Luna always supported him in every aspect of his life. Still though, the thought of leaving her in England for an entire month was unsettling. He would miss her too much that the trip just wouldn't even be enjoyable. "I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens; hope that there is enough money for you to come with me." It was one of those matters that only time would tell and they would cross the bridge for making a decision at some point in the future. "I'm sorry," he apologized. "You made this nice dinner and here I am bringing down the entire mood of the night. Let's talk about something else, yeah?" he requested, desperately wanting to talk about something that didn't make his stomach churn out of nerves. "What were you up to today?" he asked.
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenclaw Mod January 20th 2011, 4:51 pm

"It's fine. I'm glad you told me." She smiled softly as she continued twirling the pasta around on her fork, letting it fall off before even attempting to try and bring it to her mouth. She was glad Rolf talked to her about it. It must have been bothering him for some time now, and she was happy that he got a chance to at least talk and get it off his chest. She decided to finally eat some of her dinner rather than twirling it until it was no longer edible, taking a small bite of the spaghetti before answering Rolf's question. "My day was okay. I finished my article on those new creatures that live in small ponds," she said with a light shrug before taking a sip of her drink.
Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander January 21st 2011, 1:19 am

Rolf would never keep any secrets from Luna, for her opinion meant the world to him. That's why he was open from the very start, for he needed someone to talk to about it and the whole thing effected both of them. "Well that's great! Hopefully it'll be published in the next issue. You'll let me read it though, right?" he asked. He loved reading and supporting her work, for her articles were always completely amazing. He took a bite of his food, very much so enjoying the way it tasted. "This really is delicious Luna," he smiled.
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenclaw Mod January 21st 2011, 2:45 am

"Of course I'll let you read it. I always let you read my articles before they get published," she told him, smiling cheerfully at Rolf. She always liked watching him read her work. It was nice having someone to show her articles to before they actually got published. "Thank you," she said softly before taking another bite. "I hoped you might like it. It's a new recipe I wanted to try. You have to admit, my cooking is getting better," she said teasingly before taking another bite. She had always been good with plimpie soup, but even she could remember their first few weeks of living together after getting married. Only she could manage to burn pasta...
Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander January 21st 2011, 3:11 am

There were many times that Rolf thought to himself and wondered how in the world he managed to get so lucky with finding Luna. When he was a teenager, he had thought that he would never find someone that would have similar interests to him or think that he was in any way normal. When he found Luna though, he was able to be himself and loved having someone who understood him and his interests/beliefs. "It's delicious," he said with a grin, thinking back to her cooking when they had first started living together. "Yes, your cooking has improved a lot. This tastes absolutely amazing. I'm pretty damn proud of you," he smiled, taking another big bite.
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenclaw Mod January 21st 2011, 3:54 am

Luna flushed at the compliment and took another bite of her dinner to try and play it off as nothing. She knew that Rolf could make her blush easily at first because he was just a silly crush, but they had been dating for years before getting married and he still had that effect on her. "It still doesn't compare to your pies, but it is edible," she said with a soft, playful smile as she took another sip of her drink, still unable to keep from smiling as if the talk about the India trip had never happened.
Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander January 24th 2011, 7:07 pm

He couldn't help but smile when he saw her cheeks flush, for he loved that he was still able to make her feel the same way as when they had first started to date. "Why don't I make one of my pies for dinner tomorrow?" he suggested. "I mean, after you've made this delicious dinner, I feel like I should prepare something for you. You deserve a night away from the kitchen and Morrison has scheduled me until noon tomorrow," he said, pleased to be getting out of work early tomorrow, for it meant getting to spend more time with his wife.
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenclaw Mod January 24th 2011, 8:16 pm

Luna smiled as she took another bite of her dinner, swallowing the last of her food before answering. "I'd like that. Maybe you could teach me how to make one?" she suggested thoughtfully. If Rolf had half the day off then it'd probably be fun to spend the day with him in the kitchen, learning how to make pies and whatnot. "I could...attempt to help you out if you trust I won't burn down the kitchen."
Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander January 25th 2011, 5:49 pm

Rolf loved the idea of spending time in the kitchen with her tomorrow. It seemed as though it had been a while since they had cooked together, but it was always a lot of fun. "Alright," he agreed with a grin. "I just won't let near any sort of heat source, alright? After all, I'd like to leave the house as it is," he teased. "We'll make whatever kind you want though. The decision is up to you," he said, soon taking another bite of his pasta.
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenclaw Mod January 25th 2011, 9:03 pm

Luna couldn't help but laugh at Rolf's teasing. She knew it was just a joke, but...it did have some truth to it. Not so much now that she had practiced cooking, but when she thought about their first days together, her staying away from heat sources was recommended. "Sounds good to me," she replied, smiling as she thought about what type of pie they could make together. "I'll think of a pie that doesn't involve heat or sharp objects," she teased back, smiling adoringly at Rolf as she wondered what she did to get someone like him in her life.
Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down