Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the Lake

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On the Lake Empty On the Lake

Post  Gideon Prewett December 8th 2010, 3:01 pm

Gideon follows Lily onto the boat, pushing it off the dock and beginning to use the oars to quickly row to the middle of the Lake. "So, is this okay?" He asks, hoping that it was, of course. Then again, it's a bit late now. He pulls in the oars, beginning to get the picnic basket out. "I hope you're hungry."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

On the Lake Empty Re: On the Lake

Post  Lily Evans December 8th 2010, 3:06 pm

"This is fine," Lily says with a little grin. "You Prewetts always have to do something just that little bit different to everyone else, don't you? That's genetic, right? And yes, I'm a bit hungry," she says, leaning forward to stick her nose in the picnic basket -figuratively, not literally- to see what Gideon's got in store today. "Didn't get much time to eat today - I was studying, then I had to run to the Owlery and send a package home."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett December 8th 2010, 3:13 pm

"Yes, yes we do. It comes hand in hand with the Prewett awesomeness genes, you see." Gideon hopes she wasn't literally putting her nose in it, because that is not exactly date etiquette, or proper behaviour. Not that Gideon is perfect, but you know, whatever. "The Owlery, you say? You replying to you sister, by any chance?"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 8th 2010, 3:20 pm

"And compounded by a total rejection of modesty, no doubt," Lily smirks in response to the 'Prewett awesomeness genes'. "I figured I'd best get around to that apology letter my Dad wanted before Christmas - and you know he really likes those liquorice wands. So what've we got here?" she asks, still looking curiously into the picnic basket of mysterious goodies.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett December 8th 2010, 3:35 pm

"We don't reject reality, there's just no point denying the truth, you know?" Gideon says, in a tone which clearly shows how rhetorical he was intending that statement to be. "You think that your apology will be accepted? Will they let you come home for Christmas? As for the food, I just asked the house elves for a bit of everything." Gideon says, because AJ has no imagination at this point to think of foods right now. Mya can do that...
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 8th 2010, 3:45 pm

Lily just smirks and looks away, because there's no point arguing with Gideon on this one. BTW - Mya can not be trusted with chocolate... *points to everything ever involving Mya and Amethyst and a pairing and chocolate and wanders away, whistling*... so the picnic is now officially cheese and crackers and fruit. And crusty french bread and butter because now Mya has a craving for that. Lily shrugs and takes a strawberry, biting into the sweet fruit before responding. "Don't see why not, really - Mum and Dad would be upset if I didn't come home. It was a bit of a big deal for them to wrap their heads around my being at boarding school for nine months of the year, so they've always been pretty keen on me spending holidays at home. How about you? Home for the holidays as well?" she asks, stretching her legs out in front of her and kicking her shoes into the prow of the boat. Do tiny rowboats have prows? Votever. The pointy bit at the front too small for anything else, that's where her shoes are now. And her feet are nowhere near the food, because that would be gross unless Gideon has a secret foot fetish like Viktor.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett December 8th 2010, 4:01 pm

Gideon appreciates that she knows it's the truth. Mhm. Then he watches Lily eat a strawberry... And for a few minutes, he has lost his brain. Sorry about that. "Well, I don't know yet - it really will depend on my siblings. Knowing our parents, they'll probably find somewhere other than home to be on Christmas Day... They seem to do that often. Besides, they can't cook, so I'll most likely be wherever Molly is - she is the only one who can actually cook, after all." He nods. Gideon has not got a foot fetish, and appreciates the food to be footless. He reaches forwards and helps himself to a slice of crusty bread with cheese on top.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 8th 2010, 4:09 pm

She didn't say she agreed, just that she didn't see the point in arguing... >.>
Lily doesn't understand why eating a strawberry is such a big deal, she's just hungry is all. She cuts herself a slice of cheese but does not bother with a cracker or bread, popping it straight into her mouth. "Does Molly cook because she likes to do it, or because if she didn't you'd all die of starvation or scurvy or have had your arteries clogged with cholesterol from fast food?" she wonders aloud. She doesn't say so, but she thinks it's a little sad that their parents would likely not be with them for Christmas Day no matter whether they were at Hogwarts or home. "My Mum won't let any of us in the kitchen when she's making Christmas dinner - if she's really pressed for time then one of us is allowed to set the table, but that's about it," she says, going for more straight cheese.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett December 8th 2010, 4:21 pm

Gideon didn't say anything about it being a big deal... But Mya should understand. Gideon grins. "Well, Molly can get a bit like that, but our Mum can barely cook. We got pretty close to the fire department, I can certainly say that. As to why she cooks, I don't know. I don't question it, just reap the benefits." He smirks, reaching for more cheese as well.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 8th 2010, 4:31 pm

Mya understands. Maybe one day when she's bored she'll explain it to Lily, just to watch her reaction. "D'you have them on your Christmas card list?" she jokes, imagining that the fire department gives thanks every year that the Prewetts now spend the majority of their time at Hogwarts. She has another strawberry, then reaches for the bread. Leaning over the side -taking care not to tip the boat so they both end up in the water- she flicks her fingers through the water, creating ripples. "I wonder if the Squid's around today," she says, peering into the depths of the lake even though she can't see a thing below the surface.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett December 8th 2010, 4:47 pm

Gideon thinks that would be very amusing indeed, and would like to be in attendance when that happens. "Well, no, but that's a good point." He admits. "Maybe we should add them to the list!" He just watches Lily eat, nibbling his cheese. He wouldn't tell her, but he had a rather large sandwich as a snack before they met. Ssshhhh. "Perhaps; we could go look for it, her, him, whatever, if you'd like?"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 8th 2010, 4:55 pm

"It can't hurt, right?" Lily agrees. And don't worry - Lily wasn't born yesterday, she's pretty much figuring that if Gideon has been within a hundred yards of either the kitchen or his sister, chances are he's eaten. She picks at her bread, popping little chunks into her mouth and shrugging. She looks over at Gideon with a lazy smile and moves away from the edge, leaning back on her elbows to enjoy the unseasonably pleasant sun. "Maybe later. After studying all morning, it's actually nice just to relax and hang out and wonder if it would be a stupid idea to let myself wonder what on earth you lot get up to at home to put you in such close contact with your local fire department," she explains, eyes sparkling brightly.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett December 8th 2010, 5:05 pm

"Okay, I'll point it out to the family next time I see them." Gideon is glad Lily wasn't born yesterday, because that shit could get awkward. Mhm, let's move on and not think about that. He smiles right back at Lily, reclining a little - the boat is small, but not too small for the two of them together. "What were you studying all morning? Actually, don't tell me - I think I'll survive without that knowledge. As to what goes on in our kitchen, it stays in our kitchen - well, mostly. You'll just have to make sure you're there next time something exciting happens." He smirks.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 8th 2010, 5:15 pm

Lily laughs incredulously, shaking her head as Gideon retracts his question the moment he asks it. "Well, at least I couldn't accuse you of just faking an interest in what I've got to say to get somewhere, I suppose," she figures, tossing a grape down the length of the small boat at him and popping another couple in her mouth. "You know, Gideon, you make it sound like I'd need protective footwear and maybe a hardhat if I ever visited your house," she informs him with a chuckle.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett December 9th 2010, 2:37 am

Gideon grins, leaning forward to catch the grape in his mouth rather than with his hands. Smirking, he leans back again after grabbing himself some bread. "Well, if I faked an interest in anything study related, you'd just think me insincere, and we can't have that, can we? And that protective wear might be a good idea, actually. Well, maybe not the hardhat, but enclosed footwear might actually be a good idea!"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 9th 2010, 3:00 am

"I might presume you'd hit your head one too many times," Lily concedes, because that would be odd, given his usual 'I don't care what anyone thinks' attitude. She raises her eyes when he catches the grape in his mouth, then laughs and grabs a fresh bunch. "Let's see you do that again," she challenges, lobbing another couple of grapes in the direction of his face. What can she say? She's not the girliest of girls, after all.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett December 9th 2010, 3:06 am

Gideon grins; he appreciates that Lily isn't too girly. Mhm. That can get tiresome - trust me, Gideon knows about that. "Well, my head has been hit a few times, but I would hope not that many." He sits forwards a little. "Oooh, miss Evans, is that a challenge?" He says, before catching all but one neatly in his mouth. The one he missed bounced off his chin, but he still caught it in his hand, popping it quickly into his mouth. "Impressed yet?" He smirks.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 9th 2010, 3:23 am

"Oh nice try, Mr Prewett," Lily laughs, although she is a little impressed if she wants to admit it. "You almost had it there, I'd have been really impressed if you'd managed them all," she tells him, bouncing a grape off his nose and reaching for another strawberry. This is a short lame post because Mya is back to ninjaville. Sad days.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett December 9th 2010, 3:44 am

"Why thank you, miss!" Gideon grins cheekily. "Well, I can't be showing off my perfection all the time - only a few of us are perfect, you know." He scrunches his face as the grape hits his nose, and grabs some more bread. This is also a short lame post too, because AJ is eating lunch.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 9th 2010, 4:07 am

Mya wishes she was eating lunch and may go buy some soon.
Lily rolls her eyes. "If you don't watch it, your ego is going to sink the boat. And I'm not above throwing you overboard to save myself. And the cheese," she warns, cutting herself a couple more slices and nibbling on them.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett December 9th 2010, 4:24 am

Gideon grins. "I don't think that's possible - sorry if that disappoints you. And don't worry - I can swim, after all." He says, puling his jumper off. Underneath, he was wearing a white shirt - how's that for temptation, Lily? "The cheese is good!" He adds, reaching forward quickly and pulling a slice from her hands to eat.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 9th 2010, 4:35 am

He is most definitely pushing his luck. "Maybe I'll get lucky, and the Giant Squid will be hungry," she smirks. "The cheese is brill-- HEY!" she splutters, watching her painstakingly sliced cheese disappearing into Gideon's mouth. "Well, good thing you can swim. Shame about your hair though," she smirks, and with a Winguardium Leviosa, Gideon is up and over the edge of the boat with a splash. Uh huh.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett December 9th 2010, 4:47 am

AJ had had a feeling that that was going to happen. "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" He exclaims, after pushing himself back to the surface. Treading water, he pulls his wand from his pocket, and his shoes off his feet, putting them in the bottom of the boat. Now he can swim better, and he is already soaked through, his wet hair dripping and his shirt quickly see-through. "Care to join me, Miss Evans? The water's lovely." He said with a wink.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 9th 2010, 4:58 am

Mya was going to behave, then she figured Gideon had it coming. "I WANTED THAT CHEESE!" Lily exclaims right back, because she doesn't have Mol's Mama Bear tendency to want to feed everyone first. She watches his shoes and his wand land in the bottom of the boat and leans over the edge of the boat to better see him, laughing a little because he looks a bit like a drowned puppy. A very handsome one, though. She wrinkles her nose and hesitates, not quite sure if she'll be diving right in yet.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett December 9th 2010, 6:12 am

AJ would apologise for Gid in advance, but she figures Lily had this one coming. Gideon smirks, as Lily pokes her head over the side, and jumps out of the water as far as he can. As well as splashing her, he somehow manages to grab the side of the boat instead of Lily's hand (he was intending for her to join him - look how that turned out!), and capsizes the whole thing, making the basket, Lily, and his things fall into the water.

Quickly, he dives back underwater, grabbing his wand and resurfacing as he tucked it into the waistband of his jeans. "Well, I hope you don't mind getting wet, Lily..." Gideon says almost bashfully, before breaking out into fully-fledged almost hysterical laughter.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next