Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gid and Mol's Epic Box Fort

4 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Gid and Mol's Epic Box Fort Empty Gid and Mol's Epic Box Fort

Post  Molly Prewett October 8th 2010, 5:47 pm

Gideon and Molly, having run from the Awkward Turtle Army as fast as their gillyweed-addled bodies would allow, stop in some sort of secret clearing where nobody would ever find them. Molly doubles over, catching her breath because it's hard work, running in heels. She flails a hand at Gideon. "OhmyGod! This is, like, the perfect spot to build our defences, you know? They'll totally never find us out here. And if they do, then they'll never be able to breach the fort! YOU HEAR ME, AWKWARD TURTLES!? NEVER!" she hollers back in the direction they'd come. She starts looking around for supplies so that by the time they're done they can totally have this:

Gid and Mol's Epic Box Fort Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtDrQJuN-OSya7DJZQCyICKAsy1Y91qumwdGScV0DSVzZgikU&t=1&usg=__Lyng2scni3rAJh7W50b1X4t069Q=
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Gid and Mol's Epic Box Fort Empty Re: Gid and Mol's Epic Box Fort

Post  Gideon Prewett October 8th 2010, 5:59 pm

Gideon grins. "Supplies, supplies, supplies..." He mutters, looking around. Then he remembers he still has his wand in his pocket. "Oh, my wand. That might come in handy!" He says, pulling it from his pocket and muttering whatever syllables came first into his head. "Oh look!" he exclaimed, as a bunch of boxes, and other relevant supplies appeared. How awesome.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 8th 2010, 6:04 pm

Molly gapes. "OhmyGod! You are, like, soooooooooooooooooooooooo smart," she marvels, because who ever heard of a wizard using magic? It's brilliant! "Boxes! Now we have, like, everything we need to make a box fort! Totally our lucky day. Those Awkward Turtles don't stand a chance, now," Molly greams. "Race you!" she calls, even though she has no clue what she is racing to, or racing for, and promptly dives into the mountain of boxes, haphazardly stacking them as high as she can. Which isn't very high because, you know, she's a short arse. But soon enough, she's made herself some pretty sweet looking box totem poles.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett October 9th 2010, 2:06 pm

Gideon smirks, then blinks and watches Molly build her awkward totem poles of boxes. "Um, that's hardly an impenetrable fortress, you know. In fact, it's pretty easy." He points out, resisting the urge to add 'Unlike me', which he totally would if it wasn't Molly he was with. "We need a plan of attack - a battle strategy to defeat these boxes until they conform! CONFORM, I SAY!" He shouts, diving into the mountain, and also Molly's box piles, knocking them to the floor and putting them back to square one again.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 9th 2010, 2:12 pm

Molly looks between Gideon and the scattered remains of her epic totem poles, her lower lip trembling. "You... you killed them! MONSTER! THEY'D BARELY BEGUN TO LIVE! WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?" she shrieks, and if she didn't love her hair so much she might be pulling on it in the classic 'grief-stricken woman' pose. She looks around at the carnage, slowly formulating a new plan of attack. She's never going to be much of a builder or an architect, dear Mol, but she gives it her best shot. She picks up a single box, and with precision movements, leans over and places it gently on Gideon's head, covering his vision. "Do you, like, feel more secure now?" she checks.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett October 9th 2010, 2:20 pm

Gideon is in the dark now - literally. That's what tends to happen when you have a box for a hat, and AJ knows from experience. Indeed. Anyway, he ignores Molly's living totem poles, or what's left of them, rather, and grabs the box off his head and draws on it with a finger as he talks. "Oh yeah, much more secure," he says sarcastically, before adding, "but then you're out in the cold! What we need is to decide how big this thing is." He isn't the best builder, but as a boy he played with blocks, and they can't be that different, right? Even if he spent more time throwing them at Fabian and putting them in his brother's diapers than actually building with them. "We need to start a bottom layer, Mol. How big do you want it?"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 9th 2010, 2:26 pm

Molly just tilts her head to the side and fiddles with her hair for a bit, her expression blank and glassy because she so did not sign up for any of this planning business. She doesn't really think in terms of 'measurements', she thinks in terms of 'epic' and 'awesome'. She glances around, looking for a way to show Gideon how big she wants the base of the fort. She holds her arms as far apart as she can, but realises quickly that she only has a little arm span, so that's no good. Huh. Gideon's pretty tall. Not quite as tall as Fabian, but still, head and shoulders above Molly. She holds a hand up, vaguely measuring Gideon's height. "Um, I think I want it, like, two of you? Two and a half? We should totally make it two and a half Gideon's long, don'tcha think? Oooh - or we could make it two Gideons and a Molly!"

Last edited by Molly Prewett on October 10th 2010, 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett October 9th 2010, 2:36 pm

Gideon snickers - he also measures in 'epic' and 'awesome', but unfortunately only Prewetts are measured with those units, not box forts. Pity, really. "Two Gideon's and a Molly - okay then!" He grabs an armful of boxes and passes them to Molly, before grabbing some himself, and kicking others out of the way, lays them out in a slightly crooked square. "See, Mol, like this!" He exclaims, throwing his arms out excitedly and dropping the remaining boxes he was holding.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 9th 2010, 2:46 pm

Given that Gideon is Molly's hero, the decision to try and emulate him is pretty much a no-brainer. "Like this, Giddikins?" she asks, throwing her arms wide open just as he had done, dropping the pile of boxes he'd handed her and greaming with all the pride in the world for a job successfully done. "Two Gideons and a Molly, two Gideons and a Molly, two Gideons and a Molly," she mutters to herself as she starts to arrange the boxes in the same formation as Gideon's. "And they have to, like, match exactly, right?" she says, and spends the next ten minutes making sure that her box framework is crooked in exactly the same proportions as her brother's is. She dusts her hands off and looks from the beginnings of their structure back to Gideon. "It's awesome! I love it! Um... I still feel like it needs a little something, right? I'm getting the 'not quite finished' vibe," she confesses.

Last edited by Molly Prewett on October 10th 2010, 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett October 9th 2010, 2:59 pm

Gideon dies of adorable.

Gideon greams, for what I think is the first time EVER, at Molly, as he reaches over to high-five her. "Of course it's not done yet, Mol! We need to build layers; you have to put one box over the crease where two beneath it join, see?" And he demonstrates, like laying bricks, only they're boxes and there is no concrete. "If we had to, we could leave it - I don't think Awkward Sea Creatures can jump, after all - but I have a feeling it might get a bit breezy without walls." He grabs some more, and quickly builds his layers up to his head height. "High enough, do you think?"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 9th 2010, 3:09 pm

Molly greams back, because she loves everything about this whole activity, and high-fives Gideon happily. "Huh. Oh, cool! And yeah, walls will totally give it, like, that homey touch, you know? OhmyGod, Gid, wouldn't it be, like, the weirdest thing ever if Awkward Turtles could jump? Like, can you even picture that?" she asks, and breaks into giggles at the thought. She calms down and watches carefully, because this building business is serious indeed, and starts layering her own box-bricks until she's got a second layer too. "And now I just, like, keep going?" she checks, and does that for another layer. By now her wing of the fort is waist high to her, and she's standing proudly in the centre, having used up all the boxes Gideon had handed her. She goes to get some more. She does three laps of the inside of the fort before she spots the problem. "Um, Giddy? Where's the door?"
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett October 9th 2010, 3:19 pm

Gideon, his back turned as he builds all the layers from the outside of his fort until he has it up to his shoulders, and he can't comfortably put any more on. Teehee, moron. AJ is easily amused. Anyway, when Molly speaks, he turns, only to see a wall of boxes. Waist high. With Molly stuck in the middle. Gideon facepalms. "Doors," he mutters, "I knew I forgot something! Gimme a sec, Mol!" He turns and grabs more boxes, building them until there is a door shaped pile of boxes on the side of the fort. Reaching into his pocket, he mutters some more (because AJ can't be bothered making up new spells), bonding some of the boxes together, and hinging them to make a box door. "Better?" He says, opening the door to let Molly out. "Now you just need to build around the new door!"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 9th 2010, 3:26 pm

Mya giggled at the moron bit too. Molly watches, completely fascinated as Gideon builds her a door and opens it for her. "Thanks, Gid," she chirps, skipping through and hugging him on the way past. She drags another load of boxes closer and continues building as high as she can. "You know what this reminds me of? That story, where there's like, the two guys in a cellar, and one keeps telling the other one to go deeper and deeper and deeper in there and then while he's down there he, like, builds a wall and traps him in. Only, you know, this is way more awesome and way less creepy," she says, just to make that clear. She stretches up on her toes to put one more layer on, but frouts when she's done. "It's not high enough, Gid. We need to make it, like, taller than your head so you don't bang it all the time!"
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett October 9th 2010, 3:32 pm

Confused!Gideon is confused, and pauses what he was doing, which was preparing his end of the box fort for a door. "Is that a movie or something? I have no idea what you are talking about, Molly. No idea. At. All." He quickly mutters the spell again - now each box tower has a door! Isn't that great? "Oh, yeah, that would be nice. It might mess up my hair. How about this?" He says, and before Molly can protest, he grabs her and puts her on his shoulders. "Now we're a Gideon and half a Molly tall! That should be plenty!" He says, bending down and passing a box up to his sister.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 9th 2010, 3:39 pm

Molly just shrugs. She's used to people not understanding what she's on about. Sometimes, even she doesn't understand what she's on about. "I dunno, Gid. I think it was, like, a story or a poem or something. Totally a muggle thing because, you know, a wizard would just, like, Bombarda! their way outta there or votever." She squeals in surprise as Gideon lifts her onto his shoulders, taking extra care not to mess up his hair in the process because he'd probably drop her. Wait, why is that crossed out? He probably WOULD drop her if she messed his hair up. She giggles and babbles something about being like Cadbury's, only instead of being a glass and a half of full cream dairy milk, they're a Prewett and a half of fully fledged awesomesauce, and builds the fort walls high enough for comfortable standing height. For Gideon, of course - comfortable standing height for Molly was about four layers ago.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett October 9th 2010, 3:44 pm

Gideon grins upon hearing himself compared to quite possibly the best chocolate ever, and perhaps the best description ever of a Prewett - well, two, but yeah. Awesome. "Yeah, exactly - it'd be easy for a wizard to get out, unless they left their wand or someone took it," he points out. "Okay, do you think they're tall enough? Actually, you know what? WE SHOULD HAVE TWO STOREYS OF PREWETTY AWESOMENESS!" He exclaims, and uses Wingardium Leviosa quickly on a bunch of boxes until they have a Gideon-sized two storey level on both towers. "Oh." He says. "They're not even touching. But we can't undo all our good work now!" He says emphatically, flailing a little, with Molly still on his shoulders.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 9th 2010, 3:51 pm

Mya just wants chocolate now. Good thing there's some still in her stash. "OHMYGOD THAT'S THE BEST IDEA EVER!" Molly bursts out, because two storeys of Prewetty awesomeness is indeed pretty freakin' epic. She claps happily when the boxes fly obediently into place, but stops, deflating a little when she realises Gideon is right. "Well it's like we have a wing of the fort each, but we'd both be, like, totally lonely and stuff in our own little forts," she says sadly. She looks back and forth between the two structures, sighing. "This totally sucks. What are we meant to do now? Like, build a bridge and get over it? Oh. OH! OhmyGod, that's it! Giddy, we totally need to build a bridge!" she says, flailing a little too in her renewed excitement.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett October 9th 2010, 4:03 pm

Now AJ wants chocolate too, good thing it's right next to me! Clearly, I knew that was going to happen. >.>

Gideon sways a little from Molly's on-the-shoulder flailing. Then he flails too. "YOU ARE A GENIUS, MOL! But let me put you down before I drop you." So he puts her back on her feet, before using his wand to conjure a bridge between the two forts. Tada! Looks finished, right? Gideon looks around. "Looks like we used all the boxes, Mol! We had just the right amount!" He says, pleased. Then he spots some rope and an old tyre underneath a tree, and has a brainwave. He quickly turns his back to Molly, picking up the materials and using a couple of well placed Permanent Sticking Charms, as well as muttering a quick Impervius on the whole structure, before stepping back. Hanging from the bridge is a tyre swing.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 9th 2010, 4:13 pm

"Take that, Kingsley Shacklebolt - I am, like, so a genius," Molly says, half to herself. She lets Gideon set her down again and turns to watch him put the finishing touches on the fort. Yep. It is now the Epic Box Fort. "Huh, that is, like, so cool! You were awesome with your box conjurations and stuff," Molly says approvingly. Then her eyes fall on the tyre swing and she lets out an ear-splittingly loud squeal. "OHMYGOD I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!" she announces, doing a little happy dance and hugging her brother happily. She runs into the fort, conjures a rope ladder, climbs it to the second storey, and appears a moment later out on the bridge. "Those Awkward Sea Creatures will totally never get us up here!" she brags. "C'mon, Giddikins - make a ladder for the other side and come check this out! This is, like, the coolest thing ever!"
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett October 9th 2010, 4:42 pm

"OH. MY. SWEET. MERLIN." Gideon says. "OF COURSE!" He runs to the Fort, conjuring the rope bridge as he runs into the Fort, climbing up the rope ladder like some strange kind of giant spider monkey, and joining Molly on the bridge. "We can see for miles! We'd totally see them coming!" He exclaims. And we can pull up the rope bridges and pour boiling oil on them from here!"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 9th 2010, 4:53 pm

Molly greams. "We should, like, totally get our defences happening and stuff, Gid. Like, I wonder if we could get some sort of a catapult happening. Votever. OhmyGod, we need furniture, though! And supplies! We have to be totally prepared for a long siege and all, because even though those Awkward Sea Creatures don't stand a chance, those Awkward Turtles are slow, and it'll totally take them ages to retreat when they give up," she chatters excitedly, her eyes flickering in every which way as she thinks of all the ways this Epic Box Fort could be made even more epic.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett October 9th 2010, 4:58 pm

Gideon greams right back at Molly, but it falters slightly; he's coming back to normality now, and instead of the munchies, he's suddenly really tired. "Yeah, totally!" He says, "but maybe another day? Let's go and sit down, hey?" He heads back down into Molly's tower, and conjures a beanbag couch for them to sit on. Which he does. Then he yawns. "You know, Molly, we are awesome and epic and all, but now I'm kinda tired. I'm just gonna close my eyes for a sec..." He trails off, as he does so, and a few minutes later he is already snoring softly.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 9th 2010, 5:05 pm

Molly greams some more, then watches curiously as Gideon starts to fade right before her eyes. She follows him back into her tower and sits cross legged on the end of the couch he conjures. "That's ok, Giddy," she chirps, watching as he lays down and closes his eyes. "I'll just, like, chill out for a bit or something and then maybe I'll do some decorating and stuff and what colour scheme do you think we should go with? Gid? Gid? Oh, are you not answering me because you're, like, asleep? I bet you totally are. Is that why you're snoring? Votever," she shrugs. She sits there a while longer, slowly coming down until finally she slumps over and falls asleep on the beanbag couch next to her brother, her legs all tangled up in odd angles due to the fact that she was sitting cross-legged.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 15th 2010, 2:49 pm

Obviously Gid and Mol woke up and left at some point, given that this was days ago. *nods*
Molly comes back into the box fort, drops her bag by the beanbag couch and spends some time making a few additions to their awesometastic setup here in Molly's Tower.

Gid and Mol's Epic Box Fort Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUWn6EqR4GXWjfRq0ATRXfZNOkCs6RmMvYiBZeX_qUDLmDn6w&t=1&usg=__p3b65M8dCxyW8-_gb8LoVUmmrSE=

Gid and Mol's Epic Box Fort Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_tLY1bdl85Zp-I-ZYVgoBW_HfL0InBFe7ef1SF4SH9h5mvAs&t=1&usg=__J3ggezZ5S0Bs4ClvouCFxRqOohQ=

When she's done, she curls up on the beanbag couch Gid and Mol's Epic Box Fort Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA2Xt_KwXqqIBuYZOwxrlhwGjLFwcP8onV8shwJGBEo1DtUog&t=1&usg=__t6VO_vhVkVCxqJ6HDfOzBpL39Ro= with her law book that she really kinda hates, plowing determinedly on through the heavy, Latin-riddled text.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett October 15th 2010, 3:09 pm

Gideon strolls into Molly's Tower also, grabbing a Butterbeer from the fridge and plonking on the couch. "Hey, Mol, thought I heard you in here. What on Earth are you reading that musty old thing for?" He asks, utterly confused.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next