Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against the Wall

+7
Apolline Delacour - Inact
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Rolf Scamander
Joe
Molly Prewett
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Sirius Black
11 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Against the Wall - Page 6 Empty Re: Against the Wall

Post  Angelina Johnson June 26th 2011, 3:00 pm

Thinking about Monty Python, Angelina smiles again. "That'd be funny," She concedes. "Well, I don't really have that many - I'm friends with most of the Quidditch team, which works out well as long as we're not fighting. So that's Fred and George Weasley, Alicia and Katie, of course, Oliver, and Harry. Not so much Harry - he's newer to the team. And then there's Hermione and Audrey. We have 'types' - Hermione is the bookworm, Audrey the girly girl, and I'm the tomboy and sporty one." She explains, nodding. "You might have met Audrey, she's in Ravenclaw."
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Smith June 26th 2011, 3:11 pm

"So is it that whole 'locker room' culture, where you're all close because you're on the same team, or do you have similar interests with some of the besides just the quidditch connection?" Jack wonders, genuinely curious as to how the dynamic works. He thinks a moment, and then nods. "I've met Audrey, but I don't know her particularly well. Have you all been friends since first year?" He thinks Angelina is perfectly girly and gorgeous even if she does identify as the tomboy of the group; possibly because she puts a bit of effort into her appearance when they get together.
Jack Smith
Jack Smith
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson June 26th 2011, 3:15 pm

"It's a bit of both, I think," Angelina replies, ignoring the small part of her brain pointing out the dirty joke in the 'locker room' part of the comment. "The twins are just so funny, Oliver comes across as really serious but is a softie really, and 'Licia and Kates - well, we've been friends since first year. We cause trouble and devastate Slytherins on the Pitch together." She smirks. "Hermione and Audrey I really only met, last year I think it was? We became close quickly though - is some strange way, we complement each other." Angelina has to admit she doesn't put that much effort into her appearance when she's with Jack, mostly because she doesn't know how to. >.>
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Smith June 27th 2011, 10:29 am

It's probably best that Angelina did ignore that little opening for a locker room joke; Jack would probably milk it for all it was worth. "I bet you send 'em all running," Jack chuckles, because if Alicia and Katie are even half as fiesty and talented as Angelina, Jack thinks they must be a formidable combination. "Or flying, as it were I suppose. And well, sometimes it's the friends that complement you, rather than those who share exactly the same interests, that stick with you," he muses. And unless Angelina starts showing up in dirty sweats with old food slopped down her top, Jack is going to continue to think that she is girly at at least a basic level. Mmhmm.
Jack Smith
Jack Smith
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson June 27th 2011, 4:37 pm

Angelina realises that, which is why she wisely stayed silent. Mhm. "That we do, that we do," she agrees. They do make a great team, and after so many years practically fly as one person. "That is also true - so, what about your friends? Complementary or similar?" Angelina has no plans to start doing that to anyone any time soon, so that's a good thing, I think.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Smith June 28th 2011, 11:45 am

Jack pauses, pursing his lips together a little as he considers the few good friends he has, and whether they fall into the comparable or complementary categorisation. Alliteration ftw. Don't judge me I've had a long day. Anyway, back to the action, in which Jack is pursing his lips slighty and considering. "Complementary," Jack decides after a moment. Really, he has pretty much no friends so it's hard to say, but can you imagine if there was a whole group of people like Jack? "Which I think I like - it's more interesting to get a completely different perspective than the same way you already think. I have this friend, Luna, and she's got absolutely the best outlook on life and it's just wicked to talk to her. She's almost like a little sister, sometimes."
Jack Smith
Jack Smith
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson June 28th 2011, 4:58 pm

Angelina nods. "Complementary is good, I think. It still lets you be yourself." If she knew how few friends Jack had, that would surprise her, I think. She envisions him as super super popular, is all. "Luna. I think I've seen her around - the name is familiar, that's for sure," She adds, pushing the stray hair out of her face again, a slightly annoyed look crossing her face at the fact she had to do it again. She reaches for her wrist, pulling a hair elastic off it and scooping her hair up into a ponytail loosely, before patting it to make sure it stays and returning her hands to her lap.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Smith July 2nd 2011, 3:08 pm

Jack’s eyes follow the path of Angelina’s hand as it collects her stray strands of hair and tucks them back, making a mental note to keep an eye out for that in future because he’d quite like to be the one smoothing her hair back. For a moment, as he watches her gather her hair off the smooth column of her neck and into a ponytail, he forgets that he is meant to be having an actual conversation with her. His hand moves, wanting to trace the line of Angelina’s cheek down to her neck, but he catches himself from doing something that might be a little too forward for her in such a public space, instead reaching over and almost casually taking one of her hands in his. “Exactly – it would be so much less fun to be yourself if there was nothing to set you apart from everyone else you’re hanging out with. Yeah, you’ve probably seen her around – she’s one of those people who is really cool and individual, it’s wicked.” Jack is one of those people who is well-known and well-liked, but he doesn’t particularly have many people he’d really call ‘friends’. Much like Mya in high school. >.>
Jack Smith
Jack Smith
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson July 2nd 2011, 3:44 pm

Angelina, without her face giving away anything, wraps her hand around Jack's. "Nobody wants to be a sheep, that is true - except sheep of course. Unless they secretly long to be some other kind of animal... Sorry. I'm sure I've seen her around, and I'll probably see her again, it's the beauty of Hogwarts, I think. You just can't avoid anyone in this place."
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Smith July 3rd 2011, 9:46 am

“I’ve always wondered if a sheep even knows it’s a sheep,” Jack muses, feeling Angelina’s hand wrap around his own. He quirks a quick grin in her direction, dismissing her apology as unnecessary. “I suppose you’re right – there really is nowhere to hide at Hogwarts. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, to be honest.” It had been a bad thing the time Lavender’s boyfriend has come looking for him, for example.
Jack Smith
Jack Smith
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson July 3rd 2011, 3:36 pm

Angelina, seeing Jack's grin, grins back but she's blushing just the same. "Well, I've never really had a time when I've had to hide completely. And even then, I find the dorm room is hiding enough - if people want to find me enough, they'll find me in the dorm if they have to!" Seeing as Angelina has no scandals or anything, she hadn't really seen the bad side to the fact that you can't hide.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Smith July 6th 2011, 1:55 pm

“I can’t say I’m actually a hider – if someone wants to find you bad enough they’ll get there eventually. But sometimes it’s good to, uh, avoid people just for a little while,” Jack says, running his free hand sheepishly through his hair. Then he smirks and winks briefly. “Guess I know where to find you, then, if your usual hiding place is your dorm room. I have gotten into Gryffindor Tower in the past,” he tells her.
Jack Smith
Jack Smith
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson July 6th 2011, 2:02 pm

Angelina would have replied to the earlier part about the good aspects of avoiding people, but is too sidetracked by the fact that he is able to get into Gryffindor Tower. "Wait, what? I hope someone let you in, and you weren't sneaking around... Maybe I should start locking my dorm room at night." Then she lifts her eyes, looking straight at Jack almost challengingly. "Should I start locking my door at night?"
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Smith July 7th 2011, 1:53 pm

Jack meets Angelina's stare with a cocky smirk of his own. "Do I have you worried?" he chuckles. He lets it sit a moment, then shakes his head slightly. "I was invited to Christmas dinner in Gryff Tower, that's all. I don't actually go prowling around the other houses' common rooms anymore, I'm reformed," he jokes. "I don't go poking into anyone's bedroom without being invited, you know. And on that note, fancy blowing this dead scene and taking a walk?" he offers, glancing around at the party that seems to have died around them while they've been in their own little world.
Jack Smith
Jack Smith
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson July 7th 2011, 2:55 pm

Angelina blinks, then shakes her head. "Not really." Then she smiles again. "I'm glad you've changed your errant ways; and yes, a walk sounds lovely." She stands already, releasing Jack's hand again to tug her ponytail and make it tighter. She tugs her shirt a little; it hasn't risen at all, it's more a nervous action than anything else. "Have anywhere in mind?"
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Smith July 8th 2011, 10:25 am

"Changed, put on hold, what's the difference?" Jack counters. A little grin crosses his face at the way Angelina unnecessarily adjusts her shirt after tightening her ponytail. He stands too and shrugs. "Oh I don't know. It's a nice enough night to go outside, don't you think? Or anywhere that takes the lady's fancy," he says with a gallant sweep of his arm.
Jack Smith
Jack Smith
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson July 8th 2011, 3:03 pm

"So, you're planning to start it again, are you? I wonder why?" Angelina grins. She sees him grin, briefly wondering why, but passing it off as nothing. "A lady, now? Who's the flatterer now... But yes, outside would be great," she says, beginning to move towards the door. Short!Post is short.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Smith July 9th 2011, 8:56 am

"I might be," Jack says slyly. Then he snorts softly. "What can I say? I've learned the hard way that 'lady' is less likely to end in handprints on my face than 'the hot chick'. And for the record, I am always the flatterer," he says, walking out of the Great Hall with Angelina and AJ can go pick a thread in the grounds to post again.
Jack Smith
Jack Smith
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6