Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Unused Potions Room

+16
James Potter
Lily Evans
Draco Malfoy
Audrey Stevenson
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Neville Longbottom
Mya Lupin
Ravenclaw Mod
Sirius Black
Remus Lupin
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Scorpius Malfoy
Apolline Delacour - Inact
Molly Prewett
James Potter - Inactive
Theodore Nott - Inactive
20 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

An Unused Potions Room - Page 3 Empty Re: An Unused Potions Room

Post  Viktor Krum - Inactive September 10th 2010, 9:21 pm

Viktor hesitates before answering, his gaze following Scorpius' hand trail down his stomach with the delicacy of someone trying not to colour outside of the lines. "Oh, I think you already know, Scorpius," he murmured as he smirked up at Scorpius, resisting the urge to take Scorpius' hand and force it lower for he knew that Scorpius was good with his hands. Even if he did colour outside the lines on that puppy. In fact, Viktor sort of likes a guy who isn't afraid to colour outside the lines and get a little messy. "You're definitely off to a good start." He smiles happily at being called Scorpius' idol. "Yup. Cedric. He's the Hufflepuff seeker," he says with a smile. "He's pretty awesome, and he sort of just figured out he vos gay...and then....the pineapple...and the sucking...Sort of led to the fucking. It vos epic. Not gonna lie."
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Viktor Krum - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest September 14th 2010, 4:43 am

And you guys are gone, bitches.

Severus walks in, looking rather disgruntled and holding a large, heavy bag filled with books and fresh supplies for the potions closets that he'd received from Slughorn. He sits down at a table and pulls out his books, grumbling impatiently as he waits for his student to arrive for tutoring.

Back to top Go down

Post  Theodore Nott - Inactive September 14th 2010, 4:47 am

[D: where should i post Theo? D: are we still doing it?]

Theodore Nott - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest September 14th 2010, 4:49 am

[This is for Snupin, I'll post Snape in Slytherin now.]

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 14th 2010, 4:49 am

Remus walks in, for what was going to be like an hour or two of just extreme awkwardness. He knew he was bad at potions, but tutoring...god, no matter how much tutoring he'd get he'd just always been bad at it. It didn't make matters any better that his tutor was none other than Severus Snape. Remus, personally, had nothing against Snape, but the fact that he hung out with Sirius and James didn't make this very easy at all - he figured Snape hated him, and Remus didn't really want to spend his time around someone who hated him. Well, he'd get through it. "Er...sorry, if I'm a little late or anything. Yeah...sorry in general that you have to help me. I'm really just hopeless at potions."

Last edited by Remus Lupin on September 14th 2010, 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest September 14th 2010, 4:50 am

OH MY FUCKING GOD MOONY LIKE WHAT THE FUCK MAN SERIOUSLY NOT COOL

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 14th 2010, 4:52 am

OMG DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME I'M HALF ASLEEP AND DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M WRITING. *headdesk*
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest September 14th 2010, 4:52 am

Severus slams his textbook on the table in irritation, more so at my inner Sirius who is meddling again, than at the late Remus. "Punctuality is not a quality I expected someone such as yourself to possess, at any rate. I'm aware I'll be helping you, and I cannot do so unless you are fully willing to cooperate, by which I mean if you act at all like your repulsive excuses for companions, I will tell Slughorn to find someone else, which for you would be a true loss, as anyone else would be incapable of helping someone so utterly incompetent. Open your book to page 394, Lupin," snapped Severus immediately, not in the least in the mood for small talk.

OH MY GOD I AM SO MEAN.
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I HAVE A BAD DAY.

Back to top Go down

Post  Theodore Nott - Inactive September 14th 2010, 4:53 am

Severus Snape wrote:[This is for Snupin, I'll post Snape in Slytherin now.]

[wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere?]

Theodore Nott - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest September 14th 2010, 4:57 am

[tables for studying.. he's there..]

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 14th 2010, 5:05 am

OMG WOW...REMUS WONDERS IF HE SHOULD JUST LEAVE NOW....BUT HE WON'T. GRIN AND BEAR IT....

Remus jumps slightly when Severus slams his textbook on the table. He doesn't really know how to respond, though he would, if he wasn't such a coward, defend his friends that Severus insulted, but Remus isn't exactly the fighting type and he was never good at come backs. Remus knew Sirius would think of something instantly to snap back at Severus with. But, since he's Remus, he can't think of anything that quickly, so he just keeps his mouth shut and turns to page 394 quietly.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest September 14th 2010, 5:12 am

"Very well. We'll be practicing a basic antidote for the milder poisons, generally those created using snake or arachnid venom. A fourth year should be able to complete the task with their eyes closed. You might perhaps be able to accomplish it with serious guidance from me. Now, light the cauldron, and try not to set yourself on fire, I'm far too tired to raise my wand to put it out, and I'm not entirely sure I'd want to, either. Wouldn't that be a sight?" he laughed coldly, handing Remus some roots. "Now dice them and don't cut off your fingers."

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 14th 2010, 5:21 am

Yeah...this wasn't going to go over well. "Right..." Remus wasn't sure he'd even tell Snape if he did cut himself even a tiny bit. Remus was use to cuts and it wasn't worth getting laughed over. It wasn't like he was enjoying this anyway. For once he actually managed to light the cauldron without burning anything he shouldn't and then he started dicing the roots...which he sort of failed at.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest September 14th 2010, 5:26 am

Severus opened his mouth to criticize, but sighed and closed it, shaking his head. "I suppose I can't blame you entirely, you're here for me to teach you, not because you know the subject. Here," he said, placing his hands over Remus' and standing behind him to help him cut them the right way, until they were done, and he let go, moving to the side. "You need to angle the blade slightly, or it won't cut properly, it's too tough. Now, ignore the next line of instructions, I know it says to cut the bean, but it won't work well, it's far better to crush it with the flat of the blade, I find it lets out the juice more sufficiently," he said, his voice cold, but not nasty.

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 14th 2010, 5:33 am

Remus slightly freezes when Severus moves behind him, placing his hands over Remus'. He was pretty sure it wasn't necessary for Severus to continue standing there after the first few cuts or so - he could have gotten it, he was sure. It made his stomach feel weird and he was glad when the cutting was finished and Severus moved away. "Crush it? Are you sur-" he follows Severus' instruction and is surprised to see that it does, indeed, work a lot better. "Well, look at that. How'd you figure that out?"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest September 14th 2010, 5:36 am

Severus did not indeed trust Remus with the knife, if truth be told, Mr. Lupin. "Improvisation. One learns that more often than not, crackpot old fools write these textbooks, who know nothing about the true art that is potion making. It is always evolving, and requires eloquence, precision, and practice, and above all, improvisation and risk taking. I somehow doubt you'll ever reach that level of understanding, however, if you let that juice from the bean drip off the table, instead of into the cauldron," he remarked, shocking himself by feeling the need to repress a laugh at Remus' mistake-- it was almost comical.

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 14th 2010, 5:43 am

"Oops." Remus sighs and hurries to fix the situation. "I've never really considered improvising, myself. Probably because it's already dangerous enough with me trying to follow the already given directions. As for risk taking...that's not exactly my most favorite activity." he shut up then because he thought it was sort of weird that he was saying things like this around Severus in the first place.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest September 14th 2010, 5:50 am

"Yes, for you, I recommend following the written instructions. In fact, I may modify them for you, to make them easier. Perhaps next session I'll write up my own instructions, actually, I hadn't thought to do that for our first session," he remarked, stirring the cauldron. "Careful to use the same rhythm stirring, stirring it the wrong direction can be disastrous, but keeping a steady pace is good, generally. As for risk taking, one would think, being a Gryffindor, you'd be more apt to do that sort of thing, but I suppose being the most intelligent of your friends by far, you would have more common sense, as well. Risk taking is all well and good, if one has a good, logical foundation for taking the aforementioned risk. It is not risk taking or bravery, but mere stupidity, to do what Sirius Black considers risk. Risk should be a carefully weighed out plan, not a spur of the moment need to fulfill a frivolous desire."

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 14th 2010, 5:56 am

[I have to go, lovely!!! I'll reply in the morning before I go to work! LOVE YOU!]
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest September 14th 2010, 5:58 am

[Okay! Love you too!]

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 14th 2010, 12:57 pm

"Hm, I'm not saying I've never taken any risks, but, yeah, I can see how that makes sense." Remus totally fails at stirring. "But...I also could see how taking a risk on a spur of the moment decision could work out alright as well. Depending on the situation of course...and the people involved."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest September 14th 2010, 11:06 pm

Severus groans and steadies Remus' hand with his own, then lets go. "If it works well, then it is a matter of sheer luck, and perhaps more talented companions. Now, add the roots, and try not to splash as you do, it'll burn, and you won't like it," he said, handing them to Remus to add. "If you spent less time around your inferiors, such as Black and Potter, perhaps you'd find yourself in a better position. It's a pity, you associate with trash like that, given you're not entirely terrible yourself."

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 14th 2010, 11:23 pm

Remus would appreciate the compliment that he's not entirely terrible, except that it was paired with quite the rude comment about two of his best friends. "They're not that bad." he replied quietly, adding the roots in carefully because he really didn't want to burn anything or anyone, "I'm just a really bad prefect, who should do more to reign them in more often." Yes, maybe Remus doesn't approve of everything James and Sirius do, but they were still his friends. He let them get away with a lot, mostly because then they wouldn't call him 'boring' or 'kill joy' or something to that effect. It felt more accepting if he let them get away with things. Definitely wasn't the best excuse, but it is what it is.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest September 14th 2010, 11:30 pm

"You're not a bad prefect, you're just one too easily swayed by the words of 'cooler' people, for a lack of better phrasing. Perhaps if you reevaluated your priorities, you'd see there was more to life than being accepted by arrogant toerags, and more to be gained by responsibility, even if it means a loss of companionship. But I'm not trying to tell you your values are wrong, mind you, I'm simply expressing my own," he replied. "Good, you didn't splash. Keep an eye on the heat, while you stir, if it gets too hot, it'll start to boil over, like milk, and it won't go down easily," he warned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin September 14th 2010, 11:36 pm

Remus doesn't respond because he rather enjoys James and Sirius' company, even if they do cause him quite a few headaches. He just focuses on stirring and hoping that something he makes actually goes right for once, because it was a lot easier to understand this stuff when Severus was teaching him.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next