Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AJack Thread of Awesome

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The AJack Thread of Awesome - Page 3 Empty Re: The AJack Thread of Awesome

Post  Angelina Johnson December 5th 2011, 1:33 pm

Angelina nods. "There probably are - let's not find any of them, okay?" She wanders alongside Jack as they make their way to the castle, her face forming a small frown. "Well, okay then." She pulls her wand out of her pocket (yes, it was there the whole time) and casts Alohomora on the door. As she expected, however, it doesn't budge. "That would have been too easy," she concedes.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Smith December 5th 2011, 2:25 pm

Jack runs his hand through his hair, thinking through the problem. "Well to be fair, if it did I'd be sending an anonymous letter to Dumbledore telling him to up his security budget. Still, just this once it would've been convenient." He grins sheepishly at Angelina. "Hope you're not too cold, or dying for the bathroom or something; I think this is going to take a while. Come on, let's walk around the side of the castle just a bit, see if we can't spy a way in?" he suggests. It was worth a shot, and with any luck it'd give him a chance to come up with a better plan.
Jack Smith
Jack Smith
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 5th 2011, 2:48 pm

Angelina watches as he runs his hands through his hair, resisting the urge to do the same. "This is definitely true. I'd up the security myself if it was that bad!" She smiles back at him. "No, I'm fine - and I think that's a good idea. Which way first?"
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Smith December 5th 2011, 3:27 pm

Jack does a little mental victory dance, catching Angelina's eyes following his hand through his hair as if she wishes it was her own. "Let me know if you do get cold, alright?" he tells her, taking her hand again as they head back down the steps. He veers off towards the right of the castle, facing away from the Forest and more towards the lake now. "This way, I think. More light to see by if we go round this way, and not that it wouldn't get us inside, but I'd rather avoid Filch or someone looking out the window and spotting our wandlight if we had to go with lumos."
Jack Smith
Jack Smith
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 7th 2011, 1:06 pm

Angelina does not notice that he noticed, which is probably a good thing... "Of course I will," she smiles. She follows, nodding at what Jack says. "Sounds like a good plan indeed. We could always try the school brooms if there isn't a window..."
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 7th 2011, 1:22 pm

-Jack, because logging in takes effort-

Jack nods. "That could help." Still holding Angelina's hand, he walks slowly around the side of the castle, pausing to test any windows that are within their reach. There aren't actually that many. "Huh, I never noticed how few windows there are on the ground floor here. Well, I guess maybe that ties in with the whole 'security of the castle' thing. Did the four founders not realise how much more awesome a moat would've looked?"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 7th 2011, 2:04 pm

Angelina purposefully dawdles as they walk - she is perfectly content, and does not want to go anywhere near the common room just yet. Especially not if it involves Jack leaving her... "Now that is something I never thought of. There you go, though. As to the moat, I always figured that it was more because having a moat seemed like a hazard to the other students than a lack of protection for the castle..."
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 8th 2011, 10:46 am

-Jack-

Jack slows his pace to match Angelina's. If she's not concerned about being out, then he has no reason to be. "No more than the lake, really. You probably couldn't even fit a giant squid in a moat. They'd just have to make sure 'swimming' was on the curriculum along with 'flying' in first year," he adds, not troubling himself with deeper logic and thought process at this time of the night.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 9th 2011, 11:55 pm

Angelina is definitely not concerned. "True," she admits, "there are enough students who end up in the as it is, I would imagine. You'd be able to fit other sea creatures into a moat - I wonder what Dumbledore would have put in? Besides, swimming might not have to be compulsory - I could swim by eleven, so I assume I'm not the only one and I wouldn't have to learn again."
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 10th 2011, 11:50 am

-Jack- [One day I will be unlazy enough to open another browser and log Jack in, I promise!]

"I think it'd just be wishful thinking to say a shark," Jack says. Although he does maintain that would be really cool, and he can think of a few students who deserve to go swimming in a shark-infested moat. "And you're right - I think most kids can swim by eleven, but you'd have to have a class just in case. Good way to catch everyone, I guess - like those tossers in first year flying classes who brag that they can do anything on a broomstick and aren;t even holding it properly. There's got to be one of those in every year, right?"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 13th 2011, 1:13 pm

"Definitely wishful thinking," Angelina agrees, but she smiles broadly as she says it. Then she grimaces. "There were at least three of those in my year - god that was funny though, when they fell on their asses in front of everyone!" She laughs, a good real laugh, before turning towards the castle properly again. "And I really can't see a way in. Any bright ideas?"
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 13th 2011, 1:50 pm

-Jack-

Jack grins at Angelina as she tells her story and laughs. "You're really gorgeous when you laugh," he says, looking at her, and then turning his attention to the problem at hand. "I've definitely not seen an open window. Who knew Filch was so thorough? I don't think it's meant to rain or anything overnight, is it? We could always camp under the stars by the lake," he mused, grinning because that did sound like a good plan. "Or try to find another building about the place that isn't locked and doesn't involve shacking up with Hagrid."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson December 14th 2011, 8:19 am

As Jack turns to the problem at hand, as it were, Angelina looks down at the floor, hoping her slight blush will disappear quickly. "He is very thorough," she admits, "which is almost out of character for him. I like the idea of camping - it's not a bad night, and the stars are always bright out here."
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans December 14th 2011, 9:58 am

-Jack-

"I've noticed he tends to be most thorough when it's most inconvenient. It's like his special magical talent," Jack muses, luckily not really able to see Angelina's blushing in the dim light. He turns away from the castle, grinning. "Alright then, I'm game if you are. Camping it is." He gestures vaguely towards the lake, indicating she should head in whichever direction she would like.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson January 2nd 2012, 12:35 pm

Angelina nods. "It's always the case... He seems to have it out for the students who least deserve it," she adds. She looks around, but she hasn't really properly camped before and doesn't know where is best. "I don't know," she says. "It's been ages since I camped. This way, maybe?" She points back down near the lake, where there is a small group of trees.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Smith January 5th 2012, 10:09 am

"Yeah, but I don't think he has anything else to do with his spare time. I mean, he's probably got the choice of either picking on students all day to get his jollies, or hit on Madam Pince, so..." Jack trails off, shrugging as if to say he understood Filch's choice. He looks to the direction Angelina is pointing in and nods his agreement. Jack isn't really a camper either, it all seems much of a muchness to him. "Yeah alright, let's check it out," he grins, and follows her towards the clump of trees. He walks without any hurry, the further they go from the castle the darker and quieter it gets and it's too peaceful to rush.
Jack Smith
Jack Smith
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson January 11th 2012, 1:05 pm

"How about we leave the topic of Filch getting any kind of jollies behind, shall we?" Angelina says, a little embarrassed by saying it, but feeling like it should have been said. When they get to the patch of trees, which takes a while (although Angelina hardly minds), she figures that they should probably put up a tent - but how to do it, she's not sure. "Jack..." she begins. "Do you know how to pitch a tent, or even get a tent magically?"
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 11th 2012, 1:44 pm

-Jack-

“Cool by me,” Jack chuckles. He walks with Angelina until they reach the trees, watching her face as her expression turns a little uncertain. When she asks him about his tent-pitching experience, it takes all his willpower and the very best impression of maturity that Jack Smith has ever managed, but he keeps a straight face. “Like you wouldn’t believe,” he assures her, grinning broadly. “Just tell me how you want it, and I can conjure one that should last us until morning. Barring thunderstorms, but that’s not exactly likely,” he points out, looking up at the sky pointedly.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson January 11th 2012, 2:00 pm

Angelina can tell that there seems to be a battle for a few reactions to take prevalence on Jack's face, but she isn't really quite sure which ones and why. However, his face remains impassive, so she says nothing and moves on. "Well, seeing as it's so nice, just something light should be enough." She replies, before a moments silence. Then her face lights up. "Oh! Could you make it see-through?" She asks, looking up at the stars, which are bright and undisturbed in the night. She blushes a little in the dark, thinking that he must think her stupid for wanting to be able to see the stars, but she finds the idea both appealing and romantic (although she's not sure if she's willing to admit that out loud). "Maybe a sleeping bag or two as well..." She adds, as an afterthought. "They might be useful."
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans January 21st 2012, 5:54 am

-Jack-

"Consider it done," Jack grins. If anyone was to ask him, he would simply brush it off with a wink and call it all in the name of pleasing a gorgeous girl, but Jack thinks it's a brilliant idea. Who doesn't like a bit of romantic stargazing, anyway? His face sets with concentration as he brandishes his wand and slowly conjures a little two-person tent that should accommodate the two of them nicely. He pauses, thinks, renews his attention, and casts a charm. A sort of shimmer sets over the fabric of the tent and then seems to disappear into the canvas, but from the outside the thing looks no different.
"There," he says, "I think that should do it - we should be able to see the stars without worrying about anyone passing by and having a perve while we're asleep." He holds the flap open for Angelina, inviting her to take a look and see how she likes their accommodation so far.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3