Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord of the Rings

2 posters

Go down

Lord of the Rings Empty Lord of the Rings

Post  Guest March 28th 2010, 6:46 pm

WHY IS THERE NOT A THREAD FOR THE MOVIES ALREADY?
BLASPHEMY.

So, who besides me has done a back to back marathon of all three extended editions?
Favorite one?

TWO TOWERS FTW!
Battle of Helm's Deep was fucking awesome, even if it was a bit wtf when Haldir showed up with the elves. I was so confused when I first saw that, and even more upset when he died. What the hell, Peter? Thankfully the humor made up for it. Gimli definitely stole this movie. "TOSS ME. Don't tell the elf!" "HE WAS TWITCHING BECAUSE MY AXE WAS EMBEDDED IN HIS SKULL!" "Some people think there are no dwarf women and we just spring out of the ground!"

I love Gimli.

And holyshit, Eowyn and Eomer. Awesome casting.
Also Wormtongue... who I totally typed as Wormtail for a second before being like, wait, what wrong movie.

Also... TREEBEARD!
I love Treebeard.

... But not as much as I love that scene with Aragorn and Eowyn, where she says one of my favorite lines of hers. She's so badass. He's an idiot for not picking her.

But, one thing that really upset me about the third movie. At they end, they were just all O BTW EOWYN AND FARAMIR ARE A THING KAY. At least in the extended edition, there's that really short but really sweet scene where they're talking by the window, but they just ignored that whole plotline. Which really upset me, because Faramir went through a lot to win her heart. I loved his lines in the book to her; I wish I had a man like him *sigh* He did deserve her in the end... but it pissed me off that in the movies it was like Eowyn just forgot her love for Aragorn and was like heyyourcuteletsgetmarriedandiwillbeacutelittlehousewifekay? It just wasn't like that- they both suffered a lot before they finally found each other, and that was the reason I loved Faramir- for all the things he said to her.

-is done rambling-

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Empty Re: Lord of the Rings

Post  Cassi Black March 28th 2010, 10:17 pm

I AGREE! I'm so glad they put that Faramir/Eowyn moment back in! And I totally agree, Sev. Two Towers is probably the best. Although I LOVE the drinking game in the Ex. Edition of the 3rd movie....it holds a very special place in my heart because it is over that scene that I now have the most amazing and totally awesome best friend in the entire world........hehe, sorry. Back on topic here.

Faramir, Eowyn, Legolas and Eomer are probably my favourite charactres. Oh, and Merry and Pippin, of course. Gotta love those two. And Gandalf is just EPIC!

Oh, and Sev? Not to annoy you? But one of those TT quotes was wrong it's actually: "It's twitching because he has my axe embedded into his nervous system!" (not skull.) Heh, sorry...but I am a LOTR-quote purist, no, scratch that, I am a HUGE, OVERALL movie quote-purist, and it bugs me to death when a quote is wrong....okay, don't venting.....

YAY LOTR!!!!!!!!!
Cassi Black
Cassi Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest March 28th 2010, 10:20 pm

WOW.
-fail-

THAT'S IT.
IF I GET A QUOTE WRONG, IT'S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE I SAW THE MOVIES.
-runs to go watch them-

Omg, that drinking game... It was amazing...

Back to top Go down

Post  lumosluna April 7th 2010, 6:56 am

NO WAY could I choose a favourite xD
Ahhah, drinking game was hilarious. "I feel... a slight tingling in my fingers" xD I was going to have a marathon whe it was on television over the weekend! But I kept missing the beginnings Neutral I shall have one next week though! Very Happy x
lumosluna
lumosluna
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down