Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffy and Angel

+3
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Fred Weasley - Inactive
Molly Prewett
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Buffy and Angel Empty Buffy and Angel

Post  Molly Prewett March 14th 2010, 2:56 am

Finally resurrecting this topic from the last forum!

So, who's a fan? Buffy pretty much defined the high school experience for me at times and I think it was one of the most cleverly written, witty, emotionally engaging shows ever.

*bows down to Joss Whedon*
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Buffy and Angel Empty Re: Buffy and Angel

Post  Guest March 14th 2010, 7:28 am

Four words:
David Boreanaz.
Eliza Dushku.

Enough said.
Oh, and Spike, too, I don't remember the actor's name.

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett March 14th 2010, 7:31 am

James Marsters.

Two words:

yes, please.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Weasley - Inactive March 14th 2010, 10:20 am

I have a couple of friends who watch(ed?) these and they showed some to me. I'm sad I didn't get to see more. I have to agree though. David Boreanaz is HOT! James Marsters too. ... Excuse me while I melt into a puddle over here. ^^;

Fred Weasley - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett March 14th 2010, 10:25 am

lol I LOVE both those guys - they're both hot and awesome actors!
and definitely get your hands on all the seasons if you can - it's well worth it.

when I was at uni I did a gothic lit course and it was freaking amazing! we got to study Buffy and I wrote this awesome essay about the similarities between Angel and Louis in Interview with the Vampire. It was my favourite assignment EVER!
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Weasley - Inactive March 14th 2010, 10:35 am

I want to. At least Angel. I think I watched about ten episodes of it. In order since my friends had them on DVD. I wonder if they own them...

Spoiler:
I was soooo sad when Doyle died. I actually didn't believe it until the next episode. Everyone else dies and comes back. But not him! Sad

Fred Weasley - Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett March 14th 2010, 10:41 am

I know! I was so sad! Doyle was such a great character and it was such a shame that he was so underrated and then he does this huge, heroic thing and that's it, he's gone forever. I was really sad when the actor (Glen Quinn) died in real life too.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven March 14th 2010, 11:56 am

AAHHH YESS i was actually going to make this topic Mya...

I LOVE Buffy. Like Charmed it was one of the shows i wasn't allowed to watch yet watched whenever i could. I've seen various episodes of the later seasons, and also the entirety of the first three (i think i finished three) i watched them on hulu till they took them off...if i could find the seasons somewhere i would totally watch them all. Them and Charmed, Charmed was a turning point in my life...

i still haven't seen Angel, but i neeeeed too because it has Angel AND Spike (later on, right?) and they're sexy beyond sexy. Spike is the most awesome Vampire, he didn't need his soul to feel love like Angel did ^-^

I think Spike is vampire number 2 in my Vampires to Love Forever list. First one is Damon Salvatore from Vampire Diaries, because he's SO much better than in the books (even though i liked him in the books, too). L.J. Smith wrote him beautifully, i've always liked him better than Stefan, because Stefan is a whiny emo vegetarian.

and i was reading about Buffy the other night, and if i remember she has a dream about Angel and Spike. But in the dream they aren't in love with her but in love with each other. they kissed, it made my day, i almost died at the idea.

I also liked the way Cordelia sounded in the later part of Angel (i read up on it too). I liked how Angel fell in love with her and Buffy fell for Spike in the last parts of the series. The way Joss Whedon wrote the romance of his series...it's just wow. I need to watch Dollhouse and see if it's amazing like Buffy was Smile
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

http://aydensilverflame7.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett March 14th 2010, 12:17 pm

Ok I'll respond to this bit by bit so I don't miss anything Very Happy

I never watched Charmed. I don't know why - I was just never interested...

Yes you NEED to watch all of Angel because it's amazing. It starts a little slower in the first season, but it's still amazing. Spike joins in season 5 (the final season) and he and Angel together are just magic! I love how they just manage to play off each other perfectly all the time!
Angel has quite a few flashbacks over the years which is awesome - you get a lot of great backstory to the Order of Aurelius so there's plenty of Dru/Darla/Angel/Spike action throughout.

Spike is just awesome all over - I love his character development! I felt like he got just a little soft towards the end of Buffy, but when he got to Angel he was totally redeemed!

Where did you read about the Angel/Spike/Buffy dream thingy???

Cordelia in Angel actually really annoyed me! She had a really cool storyline, I just didn't like what they did to her character after she fell in love with Angel. It was like she went from this kick-ass, strong, fiesty girl to this self-important martyr and she just had NO personality left whatsoever! I loved Cordy in high school though!

Joss does awesome things with romance - I think my favourite pairing was Willow/Tara, even though Wills herself annoyed me in later seasons.

I need to get my hands on Dollhouse too!

Very Happy
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven March 14th 2010, 12:29 pm

lol it was on Wikipedia...i spent like 3 hours just looking up TV shows and reading about them (the dream)

I haven't seen Cordy in Angel, so idk if i like her all the way or not. She kind of annoyed me in high school, although i still liked her Smile

AND Have you read any of Buffy season 8? i ordered the first 3 from the library, i can't wait to read them (even if i haven't seen all the series)

Oh, oh oh on the subject of Buffy books, Joss Whedon went back and had his original script for the Buffy movie (that started all of this amazingness) made into a graphic novel, and it's amazing. I won't even watch the movie because i read the novel and i read online that the movie is way different than the show, because they went through and butchered Joss's script.
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett March 14th 2010, 12:35 pm

I haven't read any of S8, but I know I should. I'm just lazy Embarassed

And ah, the movie... I have a soft spot for the movie, because I saw it years and years ago and I thought it was funny and still think it's worth a look just to see it. It's incredibly different to the series though, and once I read that Joss hated how they butchered his script, I could see why in a heartbeat. They basically turned what could've been the witty and deep awesomeness we see in the series into this ridiculous teen fluffy comedy. I'm not much for graphic novels though, I just don't seem to have the brain to process them.
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelia Kara Whiteraven March 14th 2010, 12:40 pm

lol most of my life revolves around graphic novels and manga. i was going to start a thread for graphic novels/manga but as soon as i was to the I's (i have a long, long, long list) i accidentally hit a button on my toolbar and lost it all, and i'm too lazy to start over lol.

i might give the movie a try....might. I have a list now, I'm rewatching all the Tremors, and Merlin, and a few other old movies from the 90s Smile i can't stop, i've been doing it allll week. lol.
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Adelia Kara Whiteraven
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest March 24th 2010, 11:30 pm

[quote="Djinn the Joel"]
AND Have you read any of Buffy season 8? i ordered the first 3 from the library, i can't wait to read them (even if i haven't seen all the series)

Oh, oh oh on the subject of Buffy books, Joss Whedon went back and had his original script for the Buffy movie (that started all of this amazingness) made into a graphic novel, and it's amazing.[quote]

I have read most of the Buffy Comic books. Right now I'm waiting for Retreat. That's the sixth book of Season 8. I've read that one of the Movie and i'm kinda of working my way through the Omnibus ones.

They are amazing. My favorite characters are Will and Faith. Allyson and Eliza just kinda made the season better. Am I right? I was kinda sad when I saw the season finale but I got on to Wikipedia and found out that they had book versions now everything's "Five by Five" Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 23rd 2010, 12:47 am

Buffy and Angel Willowtree

Look it's Hogwarts!

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson April 25th 2010, 7:39 am

I must admit, I've never seen Buffy or Angel, but I really want to see Angel. Mostly (okay, pretty much only) for David. Because I watch Bones. And he is super sexy.

Except that I can't start watching it, because I'm buying them second-hand, and the store doesn't have any of Season One. Which means I can't start watching, because I'm a bit OCD like that, and I want to start at the beginning.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black October 6th 2010, 12:45 am

I JUST WANNA SAY
DYING OF LAUGHTER AT IMPLIED SPIKE/ANGEL

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Xander: "HEY ANGEL, DO YOU KNOW THIS SPIKE GUY?!"

Angel: *Bolts from room*
Sirius Black
Sirius Black
Seventh Year

http://eowynchester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 6th 2010, 12:51 am

OMFG
*dead*
Even when they're being complete snarky bitches to each other, EVERY FUCKING WORD Spike and Angel say to each other comes off as flirting!
*loves*
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest October 6th 2010, 12:53 am

YES OMG I KNOW
IT'S SO FUNNY
THE SEXUAL TENSION IS LIKE... ENORMOUS

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest October 6th 2010, 1:13 am

I.
Am.
Dead.

Spike: ... OH MY GOD, IS THAT ANGELUS! ANGELUSSSSS!
*EPIC BRO HUG*
Angel: OMG, SPIKE! IT IS SPIKE! HOW'S IT GOING, BRO? IT'S BEEN AGES!
Xander: ... the fuck? Angel! You are a lying dude! A lying undead dude! Liar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 6th 2010, 1:17 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
YOU WERE MY SIRE, MAN - YOU WERE MY YODA!
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest October 6th 2010, 1:17 am

I JUST GOT THERE AND I KEEP REWINDING IT

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson October 13th 2010, 7:18 am

I found Season One and Two at the library.

I'm 10 minutes into episode 1 and I already love it, even if I feel bad for Willow (Molly...)
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett October 13th 2010, 7:22 am

OH MY GOD! I am so glad you love it! ~flails~

It's hard for me to reconcile Willow and Molly, in all honesty. I usually think of Lily from HIMYM first.
Which is probably weird.
*shrugs*

OMG I can't wait for you to watch it alllllllllllllllllllllllll! *dances*
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson October 13th 2010, 7:36 am

I love Willow.

And David Boreanaz, but in a different way... >.>
Angelina Johnson