Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Lumus fanfic

2 posters

Go down

A Lumus fanfic Empty A Lumus fanfic

Post  Remus Lupin June 23rd 2010, 1:00 am

And it's a Time Turner fanfic because, I'd sort of feel weird writing this otherwise. *nods*

SO. This is for Luna. Here it is:

Luna Lovegood was confused.

Her new friends were acting rather odd. They were talking in hushed tones and throwing furtive looks around occasionally. Both signs of suspicious behavior. Wondering if they needed any help, she headed over to the Gryffindor table.

As she drew closer she could hear parts of their conversation.
"Don't touch it, Ron! Who knows what'll happen if it breaks!"
"Like anything would happen." Ron Weasley, very visibly, rolled his eyes. "That thing only works if you spin that one part there. Honestly Hermione, you worry too much."
Hermione Granger was not amused. "I know how it works, Ronald. Anyway, I'm going to ask Dumbledore about it-"

"Hello everyone." Luna smiled brightly down at them. "Oh, is that a time turner? I've never seen one before but I know what it's suppose to look like. Is there something wrong with it?" She was curious as to how it worked and made a note to look them up in the library later.

Hermione frowned. "Well, the middle ring is loose. I'm afraid of what may happen if it falls apart. Ron doesn't think anything will happen. But I'm not sure. I'd-"
"You'd have to read about it. Of course."
"Shut up, Ronald."

Luna looked at the time turner curiously. "Well, it looks like the little knob on the side there is loose." She gently took the time turner from Hermione's hands. "I'm good at fixing things, well, my dad says so anyway." She tries twisting the knob without moving the rings. There was a little 'click' an the middle ring fell out into her hand. Oops...

She disappeared.

Hermione's eyes widened and Ron sat up straight in surprise. "Merlin, Hermione, she's gone!" Some of the other students around them had taken notice of the blonde's disappearance and were talking excitedly amongst themselves.
"Thanks for stating the obvious, Ronald."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Luna stared at the middle ring, the room around her had started to spin, twisting into swirls of color and voices. Finally everything stopped.

She was still standing in the Great Hall. The Gryffindor table was right in front of her but there was no one sitting at it. In fact, there was no one in the room at all.

Something was in her hand and she remembered the time turner. Luna put it in the pocket of her robes and then sat down at the table. "Well, this is interesting. I wonder where everyone's gone." It was hard to see because the room was so dimly lit. After a while of sitting, and tapping her fingers rhythmically on the table, she looks up. "Oh. It's nighttime. I can't believe I didn't notice. Must've been the wrackspurts again." She waves her arms around her head to get rid of the little pests.

Since it was nighttime, that meant that everyone would be asleep. Surely she could still find the Headmaster's office. It was still in the same place, right? As long as she didn't get caught by any of the teachers patrolling the hallways.

Luna stood up and left the Great Hall, turning to head up the Grand Staircase. Luckily there didn't seem to be anyone about.

There was something mysterious walking around the castle at night.

[Will continue later...]

Last edited by Remus Lupin on June 25th 2010, 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

A Lumus fanfic Empty Re: A Lumus fanfic

Post  Viktor Krum - Inactive June 23rd 2010, 1:02 am

OMR!
I LOVE IT SO FAR!
I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Viktor Krum - Inactive

Back to top Go down