Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hippogriff Pen

+15
Dean Thomas
Scorpius Malfoy
Draco Malfoy
Ravenclaw Mod
Ginny Weasley
Viktor Krum - Inactive
Remus Lupin
Nikki Orwell
Molly Prewett
Aurelia Silverwing
Louis Weasley
Ronald Weasley
Seamus M. Finnigan
Mya Lupin
Sirius Black
19 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Hippogriff Pen - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hippogriff Pen

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 3rd 2010, 5:19 am

Seamus and Lavender finally reached the pens after a long walk from the Great Hall. Hurring over the fence, he gazed out at the grazing Hippogriffs. "These are my favorite magical creatures! They're such handsome things, aren't they?" He pointed over at a brown and black one nearby. "I gave all of them names! That one over there is Ronan! It's an Irish name!" he said cheerfully.
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley September 3rd 2010, 5:25 am

Lavender arrives with Seamus. She stays on the opposite side of the fence and looks at the grazing beasts. "Yeah. I guess they are handsome. A little terrifying. I'll always remember the first time we had them in class." She smiles at the name he gave the Hippogriff. "What are the others then?"
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

http://myownworldtoescape.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 3rd 2010, 6:03 am

"Well," he grinned and pointed at a snowy white Hippogriff. "That is Duder, he's always a tad restless, and that one," he indicated one with a speckled coat of fur and pitch black feathers, "is the only girl in the group. Her name is Spottedleaf in honor of her pelt. She's always calm and probably the easiest one to handle. Finally, the one way in the back of the pen, is Buckbeak," he looked back at Lavender and motioned her closer. "Come get a better look! They won't get ya through the fence!"

[Sorry about the delay!]
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley September 3rd 2010, 6:06 am

She smiled at his nicknames for them all. "Very interesting names. Of course Buckbeak is familiar." She wasn't sure if she wanted to get any closer. "I think I'm okay right here for now." She couldn't help but keep her eyes on their razor sharp talons.

[That's weird, literally the same time you posted, I posted somewhere else saying you poofed. It's like you heard me! lol]
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 3rd 2010, 6:14 am

"If you aren't getting any closer then," he whistled and Ronan looked up from his pile of ferrets, his bright orange eyes focusing in on Seamus. "Come on, Ronan!" he called, motioning to him. Slowly, the Hippogriff made its way over and stopped a few feet from the fence. Seamus bowed low, sleeves brushing the ground, and looked up to find Ronan do the same. Happily, he reached over the fence and he drew closer and gave him pat on the beak. "I visit a lot, obviously."

[Hahaha xD I've mastered Legilimency!]
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley September 3rd 2010, 6:17 am

Lav took a step back as the Hippogriff came closer. She remembered what Hagrid told them though, and she kept his eyes connected with his. She smiled as Seamus as he patted the beak of the great beast. "He seems to like you. They are pretty loyal aren't they?"
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 3rd 2010, 6:24 am

"Oh, yeah! As soon as you befriend one it'll love ya for life!" Ronan gave a small grunt and lifted its wings in responce. "I snuck out once to ride 'im. Shh, don't tell anyone!" He winked then climbed the fence and stopped at the top. "If I stay away from the others I can get in safely! See?" he flopped down on the other side and waved.
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley September 3rd 2010, 6:27 am

She gave a little gasp as he leaped over the fence. She looked around the area near her and found an old tree stump. She went over and sat down on it, continuing to watch the Hippogriffs through the fence. "Just be careful, okay? I'm not a healer just yet."
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 3rd 2010, 6:40 am

"Don't worry!" He made his way to Ronan and bowed once more, just as a precaution, then managed to climb on his back. "I'm not gonna fly 'im, though. First time was scary enough." He leaned forward and nudged Ronan underneath his wing, causing him to walk over to the fence and peer over the edge. "He says bye!" and Seamus spun Ronan around and they bolted off across the field. After a couple of laps he returned to the fence and hoped off. "See? Really nice! Come on, give him a pat! I'll go on the other side so he knows your a friend if it'll help!"
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 3rd 2010, 6:44 am

[I have to leave! I'll be on tommorrow! Night!]
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley September 3rd 2010, 6:45 am

"Uhh..." She stood uncertainly, capturing the huge animal's gaze again. She took one tip step forward then, with her eyes still locked on the bird's, bowed low. Ronan stared at her for a moment before dipping his head in a bow. Lavender smiled and reached her hand out cautiously and slowed stepped forward to pat the bird's beak.

[okay! Night!!]
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 3rd 2010, 7:18 pm

"There ya go!" he grinned as Ronan bowed in return, then fetched him a good ferret for praise. "Don't be alarmed if it looks like he's gonna give ya a nip, that's just him responding to something or havin' a twitch," he added as the great creature flipped his head back a little. He watched as the bird allowed her to touch his beak and smiled, "I think he likes ya!"
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley September 3rd 2010, 7:21 pm

She smiled shakily and pulled her hand back. "Well, he seems pretty nice." She was still a little uneasy about being around them. "He is gorgeous." She loved how the feathers changed smoothly to fur.
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 3rd 2010, 8:08 pm

"Isn't he?" he nodded and brushed his hands gently over Ronan's back, eyes on her. "'Ere," Seamus led the Hippogriff even closer to the fense so that his whole body was within reach of Lavender. "You can pet 'im if ya like! The tiny feathers around his wings are the softest." He stood back and serveyed the two, smiling. "Gentle creatures if ya treat 'em right! And you're handling ol' Ronan perfectly, soon he may even start to fancy ya."
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley September 3rd 2010, 9:10 pm

She smiled a little when the feathers came within her her reach. She slowly slid her hand closer to Ronan, finally her fingers grazed softly over the smooth feathers then traced their way to his satiny fur. "Wow, he's amazing." She continued her hands in the same pattern, starting at his feathers then slowly making their way to his fur.
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 4th 2010, 1:23 am

"Isn't she?" Seamus replied softly, eyes on her. "Oh, I mean him," he corrected, looking away and hoping that she hadn't heard the first part. Quickly, he climbed the fence and returned to the other side, watching them carefully the whole time just in case. "Watch what happens when you put your hand on 'is head." He reached over the fence and lightly stroked Ronan between the eyes, and he responded with a slight fluttering of the wing and delicately closing his beak around Seamus's hand. "I really don't know why he does that. Cool, though, eh?"

[Inner!Seamus saw the kitchen. Louis better watch his back. -fumes-]
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley September 4th 2010, 3:29 am

Lavender didn't hear Seamus as she continued to pet Ronan. She stopped when Seamus started climbing back over to her side. She watched as he pet the bird's head. "Well, he likes it. It's a sign of affection, right?" She couldn't believe that Seamus let Ronan's beak close around his hand.

[Haha, I was going to tell you about it, guess I don't need to now...]
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley September 4th 2010, 3:38 am

[inner louis is a cocky little bastard and says he doesn't have a thing to worry about...sorry...]
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 4th 2010, 4:17 am

Seamus pulled his hand back and went to lean on the fence, looking up at the sky. "Wish I could fly 'im more, but at least I got me broom to keep me up there." He turned back to Lavender and asked, "That reminds me, do you play Quidditch? They're having try-outs for the Gryffindor team soon, I was thinkin' about tryin' out for Chaser."
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley September 4th 2010, 4:21 am

She shook her head. "No, I prefer to watch. I'm not a very good flier, but you should! That would be cool! I love watching the games. I would cheer you on!" She smiled at him.
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 4th 2010, 4:30 am

"That would be great! Some fans never hurt," he winked. "I practiced it a lot as a kid back in Ireland. There's so much room out there, sometimes too much. Gotta find something useful to do with all that space. What about you? Live in the city or country or . . ?"
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley September 4th 2010, 4:33 am

"I live in a city. I like it. There's always something going on. Muggles are pretty restless, I usually spend my times at parks. Oh, but there is this really neat meadow that's close to where I live. I go there a lot. There's a small lake thing, a little bit of hiking. I like being outdoors."
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 4th 2010, 4:43 am

"Oh, a lake? Ever gone fishing before? I just hate bating my hook, those worms are . . . yuck." He blushed, "Erm, but I'm not afraid to touch 'em or anything! Just . . gross." He glanced over at a nearby tree stump, then gestured towards it. "Ya wanna sit down? We walked all the way out 'ere and all, figured you'd like a seat." I'm so lame.
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Weasley September 4th 2010, 4:52 am

"Oh, man up!" She giggled. "No, I don't fish. Don't have the attention span to." She shrugged and started heading for the tree stump he indicated. "I actually just lay in the grass and watch the clouds."
Ronald Weasley
Ronald Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus M. Finnigan September 4th 2010, 4:58 am

"Oh?" he glanced up at the sky, tilting his head to the side. "I never thought city people would have the time or relaxing silence to do all that. I mean, I do it when there's not much to do, but it's a pretty rare thing. Me mam taught me it when I was little, back before me dad learned she was a witch. That reminds me, what are your parents like? Muggles, wizards, both?"

[I have to go... early again : P but ill be on later tommorrow Smile ]
Seamus M. Finnigan
Seamus M. Finnigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum