Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Menagerie

4 posters

Go down

Magical Menagerie Empty Magical Menagerie

Post  Lily Evans August 5th 2011, 6:40 am

Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Magical Menagerie Empty Re: Magical Menagerie

Post  Trey Davis August 11th 2011, 3:28 am

It didn't take long for Tracey and Trey to finish up almost all the rest of their shopping. All they had left after this stop was the bookstore. Tracey had sort of forgotten that though so she thought this was their last stop.
She had wanted to get her brother an owl for him so he wouldn't have to share the family one. They walked through the pet store, gazing at all the cute...and some odd, animals. The cute little half-kneazle kittens meowed at them as they went by and Tracey wondered if Cordelian wouldn't mind if there was another cat around her apartment. Trey missed Cordelian since he had went to Tracey's apartment. The only good thing about the cat's absence was the lack of cat hair all over the place.
A short while later and they were leaving the shop with a lovely tiny black owl, named Guli, and a little kitten, named Skitter. Guli liked to land on Tracey's head and mess with her hair; to which Tracey was not amused. He was doing just that, Skitter hissing at him from Tracey's arms, when she turned a corner and realized Trey wasn't around her anymore. Oops? Where had he gone?

Trey Davis
Trey Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest August 21st 2011, 5:05 pm

Alice walked along the cobbled road of Diagon Alley, stopping to gaze around at the various stores. "I didn't know that magical London was actually this populated!" She mused to herself. Upon reaching a rather cute store she stopped to take a look. "Magical Menagerie. Perfect!" She happily walked in to the cramped store, eyes lingering over the various cages covering the walls.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy September 2nd 2011, 10:38 pm

Pansy stepped inside with Scorpius, shaking her head with a smile. "Oh, no. No toads. I was thinking something a little furrier and warmer. And a good deal smarter and more playful." She made her way toward the back of the store, stopping by the back corner where they had little windows with various puppies in them, and a door leading into the back where the larger ones were kept in their kennels. "What do you think? I haven't told your father yet, but it's probably best this way." The mischievous look remained on her face as she glanced from Scorpius to the selection of puppies in the windows. "Any of these intrigue you? Or should we head into the back to check out the others?"
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 2nd 2011, 11:05 pm

Scorpius followed his mum into the store, quite relieved to hear that she didn't have a toad in mind. Those things were rather gross looking. He was quite happy to hear something furry and smart and playful, for that was exactly what he needed. That left a few options of different pets, but when they moved towards the back of the store he instantly knew what she was hinting at. "Really?!" he asked excitedly, eyes widening as he looked at the cages. "Merlin, Father is going to freak out," he said before shrugging. "Oh well," he grinned, knowing his mum would be able to deal with any sort of reaction Draco had. He began looking into the cages, but nothing was quite catching his eye. "Well...I don't want that kind of dog, because it looks yappy and annoying," he said, knowing he wanted something a bit more macho. "And this kind gets to be too large to handle," he said. Looking in the next cage, he froze when he saw a little puppy and a smile quickly spread onto his face. "This one," he said (though the dog has a much more tan face). "I think this one is perfect."
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy September 2nd 2011, 11:15 pm

Pansy grinned at him. "You don't worry about your father, I'll handle him. You just pick the perfect dog." She was relieved when he passed the yappy furball, and also when he passed the second one. The paws on that little guy were huge, and though she could convince Draco to be okay with it, it would certainly be simpler to do with a dog that would remain a more manageable size than that one, which would near the size of a small horse if his feet were any indication. His final choice seemed just perfect. She put a hand on his back and looked at the puppy, unable to help interally awwing over it. "She's lovely. And she shouldn't get too huge either, but she's still a good size." She stuck her fingers into the cage as the little puppy jumped up, pawing to get out and greet them. "I like her already." She waved over the boy working there, who opened up the kennel with his wand and lifted the puppy out, handing her over to Scorpius. Pansy thanked him and he went on his way once again. "Well, is she the one? New love of your life and winner of your heart? Puppies tend to do that, you know."
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 2nd 2011, 11:33 pm

Scorpius continued to stare into the cage, watching as the puppy moved closer. When his mum mentioned 'she', he looked at the slip of paper near the cage and read a sheet that listed the gender, bread, and other important details. He waited patiently for the store worker to come over, then instantly took the puppy into his arms when he was handed her. He immediately felt a slight tug at his heart as the puppy kissed his face, quite excited at being held and given some attention. "Yeah, it's her," he said softly, smiling as the puppy continued kissing his face. "She seems perfect." What he needed was a little ball of energy and a puppy that was overly loving. "Can we get her? Please?" he asked, looking back up at his mum.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy September 2nd 2011, 11:39 pm

Pansy couldn't help smiling, and knew there was no way in hell she could deny him this. It was something she'd always wanted, and she had promised that she would give Scorpius everything she could manage, everything she'd missed out on. "Of course we can. We've got to, haven't we? She's already covered your chin with her kisses. Can't give her back now," she laughed, ruffling the puppy's ears. "You carry her, and we'll get the other things she'll need. Food, collar, bed, all that." Pansy felt nearly as excited about it as Scorpius must have, and Draco's reaction was the least of her concerns at the moment. Who knows, perhaps he would be excited about a puppy. Besides, she would be going to school with Scorpius anyway, making accidents on his floor and not Draco's floors. It would be alright. She grabbed a large shopping basket and walked leisurely along the rows of dog things, picking up a few things here and there, asking Scorpius's opinion on which colors to get for her and things of that nature. "Now, very important. Her collar. What do you think?"
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 3rd 2011, 12:09 am

He felt rather relieved that his mum was cool with him getting the dog, for he really did feel some sort of connection and bonding occurring. It would be rather cruel to say no now. He was perfectly okay with carrying her, finding her to be the perfect size for holding in his arms, and quietly began to think of a name for her. He followed his mum wordlessly, thinking over the names of some of his favourite authors and books before being stirred from his thoughts. "Oh, hmmm," he said, looking at the different collars. "Well, I like the pink one there," he admitted, a slightly sheepish smile on his face as he pointed to it. "I think it would look nice on her."
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy September 3rd 2011, 12:28 am

Pansy narrowed her eyes in thought for a mere second before smiling and picking it up. "No, I think you're absolutely right. Nothing else quite fits her. She's got a certain delicate grace to her, elegance, and pink is just what suits her." With a decisive nod, she placed it into the basket. "Never tell your grandmother I just said that, she would never let me live it down if I decided pink were a suitable color for anything." Pansy had several horrible memories of being forced into pink far too often during her childhood. She and Scorpius picked out food and water bowls, a leash, and other such things. Pansy glanced over the beds, choosing a nice soft one that said it had some kind of space-age foam inside that was supposed to be very supportive and comfortable. They were all white, but there were also some blankets in different colors to pick from. "This one sounds quite nice. And a blanket to match her collar, or another color?"
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 3rd 2011, 12:51 am

Scorpius let out a small laugh, glad that she didn't have any objections to the color. He just figured it would look rather nice on the puppy and he kind of liked the color pink. Go figure considering Pansy's past with the color. "Alright, my lips are sealed," he grinned. He was quite happy with the choices that they made with the other items and figured that the choice of bed was perfect as well. "Hmm, same color," he decided, not giving it too much though. "I kind of like the color pink," he said with a small shrug. "Mum? Could you ask the guy if you know...the puppy has been...taken care of?" He asked, the whole subject kind of embarrassing him. "I just...don't want to wake up one morning and have blood on my bed," he said, wrinkling his nose in disgust.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy September 3rd 2011, 1:26 am

"Pink flatters her." Pansy finished grabbing the things they needed and carried the basket up to the counter as she answered her son. "Yes, I'll ask," she assured him, trying not to laugh, because it was truly a serious and important question to know. She sat the basket down and asked for some puppy kibble as well as a few bags of treats appropriate for a dog her size and age. She pulled out her beaded bag of money and waited while the boy tallied it all up. She talked with the older woman who was also working, and asked her about the puppy and how old she was and other important information, and also asked about if she had been 'fixed' or not. Turns out, she was just old enough to be, and as such had been, and so there was no need to worry about it, she was perfectly healed and ready for a home. Pansy paid for all their items, asked that it too be boxed up and sent to the Manor for them so they wouldn't have to carry it all around with them. She did however request that they take the collar, leash, and a bag of little treats with them for now. She thanked them and then headed toward the door, buckling the delicate collar around the sweet puppy's neck. "That looks very nice on her. I like your taste, Scorpius. Want to walk her around Diagon Alley for a bit? I've got one more errand I want to run before we go home." She stepped out of the store and into the street, and Scorp could either post here or there.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum