Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scorpal One Shot

+4
Molly Prewett
Krasimir Svetkova
Romilda Vane
Albus Severus Potter
8 posters

Go down

Scorpal One Shot Empty Scorpal One Shot

Post  Albus Severus Potter May 10th 2011, 6:39 pm

I've wanted to write this for a while and it's finally 'finished.' I might end up editing it later on, but I figured I'd post it to see if anyone else wanted to read. <3

Al looked at himself in the mirror as he tried to fix his crooked tie, but his unsteady hands kept messing up and every time the bow came out lopsided, or too loose, or far too tight.

“Nervous? You should be.”

Al rolled his eyes at James’ voice and ignored him as he continued trying to make his bowtie look perfect.

“Hey, I was just kidding,” James smiled as he stood next to his brother and looked at him in the mirror. “Here, let me help.” He smirked as he pushed away his little brother’s hands and fixed the bowtie himself. “You of all people would be the one to wear a bloody bowtie to your own wedding,” he laughed, before lowering his hands and smiling down at his brother. “Much better. Now will you relax? You’ve got some blonde guy who’s madly in love with you, getting ready in the other room, and if he doesn’t look at all nervous, so calm down.”

“I still don’t get why we’re not allowed to see each other,” Al muttered under his breath.

“You have the rest of your lives to see each other. What’s another five minutes, eh?”

“Yeah, yeah.” Al shook his head and waved James’ comment off with his hand.

James looked down at his own left hand, with the golden band that Parvati had placed around his ring finger about three years ago. He ran his finger over the ring as he looked back up at his brother. “I know I don’t always like showing it, but…I’m really happy for you, Al. You and Scorpius…you two are good together.”

Al smiled in the mirror, knowing that what James had said was practically ‘I love you’ in his own little way. “Thanks, James.” Considering he had always assumed James wouldn’t want anything to do with him once he started dating Scorpius, Al was beyond grateful to have his older brother there at his wedding seven years later. He turned to face his brother, and smiled up at him as he tried to communicate how sincere he really was. “Thank you. I know we are,” he nodded, a slight smirk playing at the corner of his lips as he looked back in the mirror. “We’ve only been together, what, 14 years now?”

“Yeah, well you always did like to take things slow,” James grinned. He quit playing with the ring on his finger and his expression softened. “Look, I better get going. I’ll see you out there, alright?” He glanced over at his baby brother, then smiled as he wrapped his arms around Al and gave him one last hug, patting him twice on the back before he pulled away.

“Don’t trip,” James warned as he walked out of Al’s room.

Al rolled his eyes and shook his head, as he turned to walk over to his window, leaning his hands against the windowsill as he looked down at the large tent outside where everyone was getting ready. He smiled to himself as the butterflies returned and the realization that he was really getting married hit him. He didn’t really care much about weddings. Not at all. Honestly, if it were up to him there wouldn’t be a wedding, but his parents had insisted that he and Scorpius have a proper wedding. But all he really cared about was being with Scorpius. He placed his elbow on the windowsill and rested his chin in the palm of his hand as he continued to watch his younger sister help his cousins with setting everything up, shaking his head in amusement as he recalled their conversation the previous night.

“Is it weird thinking that everyone is going to know you and Scorpius are going to be shagging nonstop tomorrow night?”

“Your middle name fits you so perfectly,” Al had deadpanned after staring at his little sister in shock.

“But it’s true,” Lily Luna giggled as she sat at the edge of Al’s bed. “That’s the best part about weddings, if you ask me. Watching the bride and groom and knowing that all they’re thinking about is how long do I have to stand here and be social until I get to go to the hotel room?”

“You’re not normal. You know that, right?”

“Oh, shut it.” Lily narrowed her eyes as she shoved Al in the arm. She laughed and rested her head in her hands as she got on her stomach and made herself comfortable on Al’s bed. “Are you excited?”

Al shrugged his shoulders as he leaned back against his headboard. “Yeah, I guess.” He sighed and smiled at his sister.

“Well, you better be, because Parv and I put a lot of work into this wedding so you’re going to be excited whether you like it or not,” she teased, despite the serious meaning to her words.

“I know, I know. I am excited,” he assured her. “I am. I just…” He trailed off, sighing as he glanced at the door.

“You just want to see Scorpius,” Lily finished with a fond smile, leaning her cheek against her hand as she looked up at her brother.

Al smiled and nodded his head in reply, not having seen his boyfriend, or fiancée, or whatever they wanted to call him since the night before. His parents and sister had been persistent on not letting them see each other the day before the wedding.

“Well, you’ll see him tomorrow afternoon, so don’t worry about it. I promise we’re taking good care of him in your absence. And don’t tell anyone I told you, but he misses you just as much,” she told her brother with a small wink as she sat up on the bed. “Anyway, there’s still a lot to be done so I guess I’ll leave you to sleep. Can’t have our groom looking tired and grumpy tomorrow, can we?” She stood up and patted Al on the knee. “Goodnight, Al. I really am happy for you. I always knew it was Scorpius. You two complete each other.” She smiled and leaned in to press a soft kiss to her brother’s cheek before walking out of the room to leave Al to get some sleep while she helped the rest of the family get ready for the next day.

“Exciting, isn’t it?”

Al smiled and turned around to face Parvati as his thoughts were interrupted by her greeting. “Exciting isn’t the word I’d use,” he corrected with a wry grin as he walked over to her. “Why don’t you sit down? You really shouldn’t be on your feet and you’ve done so much al—“

“Albus, I am not an invalid, I am pregnant!” Parvati retorted before letting Al finish. “If one more person tell me to sit down, I swear, I’m going to smack them so hard—“

“Parv, Parvati…Parv, calm down,” Al chuckled, holding his hands up in defense. “Sorry, didn’t mean to be a gentleman and offer you a seat,” he teased.

“Mmhm, well I’m getting tired of having people treat me like I’m incapable of standing up for longer than two minutes.” She took a deep breath and put on a happy smile as she looked Al over properly, her eyes narrowing as they passed over his bowtie. “Did James just help you with that?”

Al furrowed his brow and subconsciously brought his hand up to rest over his tie. “What? Yeah, he helped me—“

“Ugh, why would you let him do that? The man’s never worn a bowtie in his life, he doesn’t know what he’s doing.” She swatted his hands away from the bowtie and undid her husband’s messy job of a bow, before tying it herself. As soon as she finished, she pulled her hands away and smiled at her job well done. “Phew! And that’s how you tie a bowtie,” she remarked as she rested one hand on her lower back and the other on top of her large baby bump.

“Thanks,” Al chuckled. He looked down at her baby bump and smiled. “Parv, you look like you’re gonna pop. Please, don’t hesitate to let your water break during the ceremony. By all means, let that baby out,” he teased as he kneeled down in front of her to rub her belly, using his baby voice as he cooed random things to her unborn child. “Where’s Adele?” he asked curiously, looking up at Parvati through his eyes lashes as he kept his hands on her large belly.

“She’s with Dom. Kid wouldn’t stop trying to sneak frosting off the cake,” Parv explained with a lazy wave of her hand. “But what is this about me ruining your wedding? Oh no, this kid isn’t coming out for another week or so. You are going to walk down that aisle, and you’re going to look gorgeous while doing it.”

Al groaned as he stood up straight to look Parv in the eyes. “But brides are supposed to walk down the aisle, with their white dresses, and their graceful glide, and their demure smiles. I don’t have any of that. I’m going to look silly,” he complained.

Parv huffed and placed her hands on her hips. “Al, since when are you clumsy? It’s not like you’re going to trip! And it’s outside, so there aren’t any doors for you to stub your toe on! Al, you’re getting married, and all you can think about is the walk down the aisle? Something is not right here.”

Al laughed and shook his head. “I know, I know. Sorry. I just want to see Scorpius, alright? It’s been over 24 hours and I miss him.”

“Aww.” Parvati’s expression softened. “He misses you too. Trust me, though. It’s all going to be worth it when you see each other out there for the first time.”

Al smiled a crooked smile, knowing that Parv was right. He just really wanted to be with Scorpius, though. He didn’t care about the fancy outfits, and the cake, and the tent. He just wanted his boyfriend. “You look really pretty, Parv.”

“Aw, thanks, Al,” Parv smiled as she attempted to give Al a hug, which really wasn’t too easy with the large baby growing inside of her. “You look very handsome yourself,” she complimented as she pulled away from the hug. “And Scorpius is going to think so too.” She rested a hand on Al’s shoulder and gave it a small squeeze. “Anyway, I came up here to tell you that they’re ready for you now,” she told him, her voice soft as she smiled at him. “Whenever you’re ready. I’ll give you a minute,” she finished, knowing that Al might need some time alone before going outside. She smiled at him one last time then left the room to go make sure her husband was ready.

Al stood in the middle of his room, his heart racing as he realized he was literally minutes away from getting married. He glanced around at his bedroom, which lacked everything from his childhood since he had moved out a few months after graduating. He ran his hands down the front of his vest, smoothing out the already unwrinkled fabric before he walked out of his room and down the hall, slowly making his way down the stairs where most of his family waited for him.

Parvati was already tearing up, and his mother just smiled happily at him before wrapping her arms around him and hugging him close to her.

“Uncle Al, can we get married now?”

Al turned around, his face lighting up as he saw his brother’s daughter, who looked exactly like her mother, smiling up at him, all dressed up in her dark blue dress with her basket of flower petals in her tiny hand.

“Yes, Adele, we can get married now,” he laughed as he kneeled down in front of her. “You look very pretty in that dress. Are you ready to walk down that aisle so we can start? Everyone’s waiting for you.”

Adele smiled at him and nodded her head, as she reached out to run her small fingers along the lining of the silver vest. “Are you and Scorpius gonna have babies like mommy and daddy?”

Al bit his lip, smiling at his niece as he rested his hands on his knees. “I don’t know yet. Let’s just see if we can get through today, yeah?” He twirled one of her curls around his finger before standing up and looked over to everyone else.

Dominique came up from behind Al and gave his hand a quick squeeze, and leaned over to kiss his cheek before she took Adele by the hand and led her outside.

Everyone sitting outside turned to look as Adele walked down the aisle, tossing flower petals left and right as she counted how many steps it took to get her to the altar where her grandpa, Scorpius, and another young man were all waiting.

Dom, being Al’s favorite cousin, followed after and smiled over at her girlfriend sitting in the second row before she stopped and stood beside Adele.

Al’s heart raced, blocking out the sound of the music as Parvati and James walked down the aisle together.

“Albie.”

Al turned his head at his mother’s voice, his eyes flickering down to her extended arm. He smiled as he brought his eyes up to meet hers, then delicately took her arm in his. “Ready,” he told her quietly, his stomach flipping inside of him as if practicing for the summer Olympics. He couldn’t believe that he was finally getting married to Scorpius, and it blew his mind when he thought back to the 14 years ago when they met on the train. They had no idea then what would happen to their relationship in years to come.

Ginny gently squeezed Al’s arm, bringing him back to the present. They shared a small knowing smile before they walked out into the backyard, where everyone stood up and Al had to refrain from rolling his eyes. If he was singing a song then, damn straight, everyone better be watching him. But all he was doing was walking down an aisle. He didn’t need, nor want, all eyes on him.

But then he noticed Scorpius standing up at the front, his hands clasped together as he looked down at the ground, right before he lifted his head. His grey eyes locked with Al’s, and Al stopped caring about everyone else. He didn’t look at anyone else other than Scorpius as he let his mother walk him down the aisle.

Al forced himself to pull his gaze away from Scorpius when he realized his mother was pulling away, and his dad was in front of him instead. He reached his hand out to shake his dad’s hand, only to be pulled into a hug by his father. Al leaned his head against his dad’s shoulder as he hugged him back. He noticed that his father’s eyes were glistening with unshed tears. The last thing Al wanted to do was cry, so he gave his dad one final smile before he turned to Scorpius, his face breaking into a blissful smile as he walked up the three steps to his fiancée.

Scorpius silently held his hands out as Al made his way up to the altar, and as soon as Al took his fiancée’s hands, he leaned forward and pressed his lips to the corner of Scorpius’ mouth, ignoring the tsk’s and light laughs from their friends and family, and the young man in front of them who would be holding the ceremony shook his head as he opened up his book where he had the vows for the two men.

“Al was nervous his first year at Hogwarts, so he ended up being the last one on the train that very first day,” the man began, as Al tried not to blush at the story. “All the compartments were full, so shy little 11-year-old Albus had to ask the blonde boy sitting by himself if he could sit with him. Turned out that other boy was Scorpius Malfoy, and everyone’s told me that they were best friends before they even got off the train.”

Al lowered his eyes at that part of the story, his heart fluttering in his chest as he continued to remind himself that he was marrying that same boy. He looked up at Scorpius through his eyelashes, unable to not return Scorpius’ infectiously happy smile.

“It wasn’t until their seventh that they finally got together, and although they’ve had more than their share of arguments, they’ve managed to stay together this entire time, and it’s for that reason that they’ve asked you all to be here today…”

Al tuned out, not really paying attention to what the man next to him was saying. He had worked with Scorpius to write the vows, so he knew them by heart anyway. All he could think about was how perfect Scorpius looked in front of him, in his silver vest and tie as he held Al’s hands, the boy’s thumb soothingly rubbing circles along the back of Al’s hand.

“I do,” he heard himself saying as he slid the silver band onto Scorpius finger, his heart racing as Scorpius did the same for him.

He had stopped listening to the young man, because all Al cared about was the fact that Scorpius was leaning in to kiss him, and without hesitation, Al placed his hand on the back of Scorpius’ head, pulling his husband in the last few inches until their lips were pressed against each other. The kiss was deep and passionate, and Al felt his heart swelling with emotion. He hadn’t wanted a big ceremony like his parents had insisted, but it was all worth it if it meant he could just have Scorpius forever.

When he pulled back from the kiss, his green eyes were glassy as he tried to keep his emotional self at least somewhat collected. He couldn’t help himself as he leaned in for another quick kiss to his husband’s lips, smiling as he heard his friends and family applauding the start of his life with Scorpius, though really their life together had started 14 years ago on that train to Hogwarts.

Scorpius slipped his hand into Al’s as a piano started playing, and he flashed Al a soft, loving smile as he led him out to the small open area where people were standing around to watch the couple have their first dance together. It wasn’t something Al had wanted either. He didn’t like dancing, but again he agreed to it for his parent’s sake.

As soon as his favorite song began playing though, Al didn’t care that they were being watched by everyone who mattered to him. His smile reached his emotional eyes as Scorpius’ fingers intertwined with his, and he rested his hand on the shoulder opposite the one his head was rested on. Scorpius’ other arm wrapped around Al’s waist, and their bodies couldn’t be any closer as they danced to the beat of the music, not needing to say anything as there was nothing more to be said.

Al honestly didn’t think his heart could hold anymore emotion, as it literally felt as though it might burst with love for his new husband. He tilted his head to the side, his mouth near Scorpius’ ears as he sang along with the music, his voice soft and quiet so only his husband could hear. “And if you have a minute why don’t we go, talk about it somewhere only we know.” He closed his eyes as he remained close to his boyfriend, a tear falling down his cheek as his voice nearly cracked. “This could be the end of everything, so why don’t we go…somewhere only we know,” he finished, his voice a whisper as he tried to keep from crying.

The hand that had been on Scorpius’ shoulder moved to rest on the back of the blonde’s neck. Al pressed a light kiss to his husband’s neck as the last few notes of the song played, only speaking to whisper the last line of the song, “Somewhere only we know.”
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Scorpal One Shot Empty Re: Scorpal One Shot

Post  Romilda Vane May 10th 2011, 11:02 pm

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
THAT WAS ADORABLE
I LOVE IT
Romilda Vane
Romilda Vane

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 11th 2011, 12:24 am

<3 Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!
I loved it!!!!
*flails*
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter May 11th 2011, 1:35 am

Thankssss!
Itwassofluffyomg
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett May 11th 2011, 1:39 am

AW, that was lovely!!!
<3
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter May 11th 2011, 1:42 am

Yay! I'm glad you liked it!<3
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy May 11th 2011, 2:44 am

Well, you sent this to me earlier and I read it then...but I figured I'd let you know again that I really did love it.
I love how after they are married, words aren't even necessary to express how happy they are and how much they love each other. It's beautiful <>
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Beatrice Orwell May 11th 2011, 3:00 am

LUNA! THAT WAS AMAZING! AHHH!

Theremayormaynotbetearsinmyeyesatthisverymoment. >.>
Beatrice Orwell
Beatrice Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter May 11th 2011, 3:01 am

Thanks wifey! I liked that too...though I also loved how Al kissed Scorp right away <.< hehe

AND THANK YOU ARI<3
Icriedwhilewritingtheending
>.>
It's more emotional if you read/write it along with the song XD
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Beatrice Orwell May 11th 2011, 3:03 am

Hmm. I really really liked it. I definitely had the song playing in my head when Al was singing it to Scorpius. It was just so sweet. I really liked the way you captured the other characters though and the little interactions they all had with Al. Especially James.

EDIT: I just realised that the song I was listening to while I read the end was by Keane. That explains why it was so easy for me to hear Al singing in my head.
Beatrice Orwell
Beatrice Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter May 11th 2011, 3:14 am

Aww! yay! I love that band so much!<3

And I'm really glad you liked it. XD I had fun writing all the little interactions Razz And it was nice to have a brotherly moment right before the wedding<3 Al and James = best brothers eva
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Patil May 11th 2011, 4:50 am

So cute.
All my inner voices loved it <3
Parvati Patil
Parvati Patil

Location : Somewhere being either sad, upset, angry, happy(unlikely), or horny.

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter May 11th 2011, 4:52 am

<333
So...does this mean you guys would be interested in more Scorpal if I posted it? <.<
Because I have a lot...butnotmanyarefinishedyet
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy May 11th 2011, 4:53 am

UH.....DUH.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Patil May 11th 2011, 4:54 am

Um.
I would totes read it.
Since you always read my Pam one shot fanfiction things. <3
Parvati Patil
Parvati Patil

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter May 11th 2011, 4:54 am

...Well of course you'd read them *stares* Razz

Oh, here's a short one shot I wrote based off of this picture
Scorpal One Shot Tumblr_lje5n6GmBL1qci7ofo1_500
It's not very 'fluffy' but it has their personalities down pretty well XD

“It’s a camera. Muggles use it to take videos.”

“Videos…because I know what that is,” Scorpius replied, sounding more confused than ever, and although he was interested in the camera thing he couldn’t take his eyes off of Al, fascinated by how excited Al got over muggle objects. “You spend too much time with your grandfather.”

“Shut up,” Al laughed, then shoved his boyfriend. “Muggle pictures don’t move like ours do, so they take videos to capture movement.”

“You’re not making any sense, mate,” Scorpius laughed, shaking his head before turning back to the camera. “Alright, teach me how to use this thing,” he suggested as he delicately plucked it from Al’s fingers.

“Careful, that was expensive,” Al warned as he eyed the camera in Scorpius’ hand. When Scorpius started pressing different buttons, Al rolled his eyes and took it back from him. “Okay, let me handle this, you just smile and look pretty,” he sighed.

The small red light came on, indicating that it was recording. Al smirked and leaned over to his boyfriend to whisper in his ear what some muggle couples did with video cameras, amused with the fact that he got his boyfriend’s expression recorded.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Patil May 11th 2011, 4:56 am

OMG. BAHAHAHAHAHHA!
I LOVE IT!
AL WOULD.
Parvati Patil
Parvati Patil

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 24th 2011, 8:13 am

Awwwweeeee <3 That was soooo freaking cute!!!! Smile I love Scorpal!!! <3 Always have even before i found this site!!!
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShyShy17

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter October 24th 2011, 8:17 am

Aww, thank you! I never really thought much of Scorpal until this site, but now I'm absolutely in love with it! <3
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 24th 2011, 9:08 am

Your very welcome. Smile I just wrote up a short story for my character and her boyfriend up until this year. It isnt that good but you can check it out if you want to!! Smile
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter October 24th 2011, 10:39 am

Sure! If you want to post or send it to me then I'd love to read it. (:
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 25th 2011, 5:15 am

Its posted. Lol. Its Lissiana and Darius, how it all started.
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down