Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shrieking Shack

+4
Gideon Prewett
Lily Evans
Remus Lupin
Molly Prewett
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Shrieking Shack Empty The Shrieking Shack

Post  Molly Prewett October 4th 2010, 8:24 am

Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

The Shrieking Shack Empty Re: The Shrieking Shack

Post  Remus Lupin November 9th 2010, 4:45 am

Full moon time... Sad

Remus is in a good mood...though obviously that doesn't mean he's skipping down here to get this over with. He's not that happy. He'd never be that happy. No one could be happy enough to skip down the path leading to the shrieking shack, knowing what they're about to go through for the night. It just doesn't happen...unless they're drunk, but, either fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, werewolves metabolism makes it rather hard for them to get drunk in the first place. So that probably wouldn't even be an option either. So, basically, there is no skipping for Remus Lupin tonight. Now I'm going to take a breather because explaining all that just to say 'there is no skipping for Remus Lupin tonight' took a lot of energy. *blinks* Not really...stop laughing now please. This is no laughing matter. *blinks again*

So yeah, Remus makes it to the shack and is thinking about the fun weekend he's going to have and the fact that he's not fighting with his best friend anymore, and hopes that that'll help him get through the night...even though he won't even be conscious to think about it. Because it's not Remus that'll be running through the night, it'll be the werewolf.

As the first light of the full moon shines through the walls and broken windows of the shrieking shack, he feels the beginning of the transformation tearing through him. He collapses to the floor, biting his lip to keep from yelling out loud but it's not enough and he can't help the loud shout that escapes his lips. It's painful - it's always bloody painful - and, no matter how many times he goes through the transformation, every time is like the second time he went through it. Never the first. The first time was the worst and he'll never forget it, how painful, how scared he was.

It's not long before it's no longer Remus curled up on the floor. The wolf picks itself up slowly, stretching out its' limbs before tossing its' head back to howl loudly and slowly to the moon. Then it turns, searching for a way out. Tonight it could feel the energy, coursing through its' veins, even more powerful than usual. Tonight it wanted to play, to just feel the breeze and chilly air as it ran through the trees, and maybe stop once in a while to snack on something. The wolf growls, tossing itself towards the doorway, ignoring the pain in its arm when it accidentally smacks against a piece of broken furniture cutting itself. Finding the doorway shut, anger tore through the wolf and it growled in fury, tearing at the door in attempt to remove it from it's way. Nothing was going to get in its way to get outside tonight.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 12th 2010, 4:10 pm

Obviously this is NOT happening at the same time as the full moon... even though that would make for an interesting date.
Lily and Gideon walk towards the Shack, Lily fairly quiet still but beginning to feel better. Funny how just spending some time with Gideon helps make her smile again. As they approach the ominous, ramshackle building, Lily slows. "Hmm... I've never performed a break and enter before. Wonder if the front door's unlocked," Lily muses. "Surely we're not the first to be inviting ourselves over." She moves cautiously towards the front door and tries the handle. Sure enough, it's locked up tight. Lily shrugs at Gideon. "There'll be some other way in, surely," she says with determination, because once Lily sets her mind on something, usually it's gonna happen.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 12th 2010, 4:18 pm

Gideon is pleased spending time with him makes Lily feel better. "I wouldn't have thought we'd be the first couple sneaking in here," he says with a wink, as Lily tries the front door and finds it locked. He starts walking around the side, looking for a window or something he could climb through. "I hope you're not averse to climbing in if we have to..."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest November 12th 2010, 4:26 pm

ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT
ALOHAMORA THAT SUCKER

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 12th 2010, 4:26 pm

Lily rolls her eyes. "Well it's just so romantic, really." She joins Gideon in looking for a window and spots one that sits at about chest height for her. "No, I'm fine," she says, having expected that there'd be a bit of climbing and a lot of dust and dirt on this particular date. Huh. I suppose nobody could ever accuse her of excessive girliness. "I might need a hand getting up there though," she shrugs, taking out her wand and muttering an unlocking charm. The window pops unlocked, but she can't quite get enough muscle reaching up to push it all the way open.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 12th 2010, 4:27 pm

Sirius Black wrote:ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT
ALOHAMORA THAT SUCKER

LOL I assumed the door would be barricaded kinda heavily to stop Wolfy getting out/people getting IN to him... *pretends the shutters on this window just fell off*
>.>
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 12th 2010, 4:36 pm

Gideon grins, stepping up to the plate metaphorically, and to the window literally. He reaches up above her head and pushes the window open, finding it has one of those little diagonal bits that help it stay open - how useful are they? Anyway, he does that and then leans down, lacing his fingers together to form a step for her about halfway to the window. "It's a good thing you have strong, manly me to help you, you know." He grins.

AJ apologises for random ramblings and stuff in her post because she is tired.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 12th 2010, 4:43 pm

For the first time this evening, Lily doesn't just manage to muster a smile, she actually grins. Quite cheekily, actually. "Right, lucky me - you've saved me the trouble of having to use magic to open a window, and going to find a crate to stand on to get through it so far," she says, eyes sparkling. Making sure her wand is safely tucked in her waistband, Lily braces herself with a hand on Gideon's shoulder and steps into his hands, pushing upwards. She grabs the window sill and hoists herself through with only a couple of tiny little grunts of effort, throwing her hands out to break her fall on the other side. Luckily the floor inside the Shack is raised more than the ground outside, and she doesn't have far to fall. She does get her hands coated in dust though. "Really quite filthy in here. I think it's the maid's decade off." She brushes her hands off as best she can and pokes her head back out the window, glancing around to make sure nobody is coming before grinning down at Gideon. "Well, I've not been set upon by murderous ghouls yet, so I suppose it's a good start," she reports.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 12th 2010, 4:58 pm

Gideon watches Lily climb into the Shack, appreciating the view, as usual. For a moment after she lands, he stops, working out the best way for him to get inside. "Generally speaking, I would say so," he says with a grin, not that she would see it. Nothing for it really, he decides, so he jumps and uses the momentum to pull himself up and through the windowsill, heading towards the floor headfirst. Somehow, he manages to execute a dive roll at the last minute and he ends up on his feet. "Woah," he breathes, a little in awe, "I don't even know how I did that!"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 12th 2010, 5:06 pm

Lily shrugs. "Momentum and sheer dumb luck?" she says. "It was pretty neat though, despite the cobweb fashion statement you're now making. Here," she says, and moves closer so that she can deftly brush the cobwebs from the shoulder of his shirt. He's got nice shoulders. She makes the mistake of letting her eyes wander over to catch his while she works and it's a few seconds before she realises she's stopped what she's doing. "Guess we should start exploring?" she says eventually, not quite making it to moving yet.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 12th 2010, 5:13 pm

Aw. While AJ aws over Lily's post, Gid shall reply. Gideon was glad he didn't get cobwebs in his hair, for starters. Mhm. That stuff can be hard to get out. "Sheer dumb luck? You have forgotten, dear kind sweet Lily, that I am a Prewett. Nothing we do is luck." He smirks, as she moves towards him and her hands end up resting on his shoulders. He reaches around, putting his arms around her waist for what I think must be the first time he's done it on purpose and not as a deflective tactic. Woah. "We probably should," he says softly, but he doesn't move and simply continues staring into her gorgeous emerald green eyes.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 12th 2010, 5:25 pm

Inner!Lily is currently taking advice from Inner!Jack. That's probably important to know for the duration of this post.
Lily shakes her head, smirking a little at the Prewett Ego. All thoughts of a witty retort fly from her head though when Gideon wraps his arms about her waist because really, all she's needed all day is a hug, and Gideon's arms are warm and secure about her. Her eyes are still set on his and she spends a few long seconds studying the unique shades of blue in them. "Right," she breathes back, but instead of pulling away, she moves in the opposite direction, stretching up against him to press her mouth to his.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 13th 2010, 2:43 pm

Inner!Gideon appreciates that knowledge, and would like to pass his thanks on to Inner!Jack.
Gideon relaxes into the kiss, arms still around Lily's waist, just resting there. His tongue reaches forward tentatively towards Lily's lips - he's not sure how far Lily will want to take it, and as much as he wants to sleep with her, he doesn't want to push her and ruin those chances. Yep, so he contents himself with just pulling her a little tighter and giving her a proper snog.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 13th 2010, 2:58 pm

Inner!Jack has been sent to his room, and is not allowed to respond to that.
Sleeping with Gideon is not even on Lily's radar right now, so it's a good thing he's behaving or she'd have to give him the 'easy there, tiger' talk. It almost feels like a first kiss, given that this is the first proper Gidily snog beyond the sweet little pecks they've given each other previously, and Lily does not protest to feel Gideon's tongue flick lightly towards her lips. Her hand grips at his shoulder in response to his own tightening arms and her mouth opens slightly beneath his, inviting the deeper kiss.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 13th 2010, 3:11 pm

Gideon is behaving, because he knows from experience that if you push too hard you lose all your chances. Indeed. Gideon's arms stay around Lily's waist holding her close, but he pulls his lips gently away from hers, and rests their foreheads together. "You know, if this is what you meant by exploring, we could have just explored my dorm room, you know," he murmurs with a faint smirk. "It would have been much easier, and less dusty, too."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 13th 2010, 3:20 pm

Lily stays still a moment as Gideon pulls away, eyes still closed, savouring the kiss that seems to have ended all too soon. Her eyes open again so that she can see his face when he rests his forehead against hers and she wonders if he can feel the skin of her forehead bunch and wrinkle against his when both eyebrows jump for her hairline at his words. "Afraid of a little dust? Besides, 'easy' is never as gratifying in the end," she says with a smirk of her own. She pushes him away and turns on her heel, striding off into the next room and leaving him to follow if he so chooses. She pulls her wand and mutters 'lumos' to better see the interior of the Shack, surveying the ramshackle building with its trashed and abused furniture.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 13th 2010, 3:24 pm

Gidoen smirks at her back as she walks away - and not just because of the usual reasons, but because as much as he occasionally likes a girl that is 'easy', he much prefers a challenge, and that's what this is, at least. It makes the reward that much sweeter. He follows her into the next room, also lighting the tip of his wand. "Are we hunting ghouls or something today, or is this just a pleasure trip?" He grins.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 13th 2010, 3:34 pm

Lily bites her lip, her brow furrowing ever so slightly in thought as she thinks on his question. "But that's the thing, isn't it? This is supposedly the most haunted building in all of Britain, and it feels creepy enough, but you can't honestly tell me a ghost would be likely to do that," she says, pointing at a doorframe that has been clawed at until large chunks of wood are missing, leaving the remainder craggy and splintered. "It's odd."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 13th 2010, 3:53 pm

Gideon thinks Lily looks adorable, and is quickly developing a thing for the lip-biting... This might not end well. He restrains himself from snogging her again, and instead ponders her question. "That, babe, is a good point. Maybe it's a holiday house for, I dunno, one of the Giant Squid's buddies or something. Do Giant Squid have land-dwelling friends? Maybe it's friends with a dragon," He muses.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 13th 2010, 3:59 pm

"You mispronounced 'Lily'," Lily points out, because 'Lily' and 'babe' have the same amount of letters, but that's all they have in common. She speaks distractedly though, moving towards the beaten up doorframe and touching one of the splintered shards as if somehow it will give her more clues. "If that's the case, I feel pretty sorry for the Giant Squid because judging from the layers of dust, he hasn't had a house guest in a good long while. It looks like wild animals have got in and run rampant - maybe that's why the doors were all barricaded up," she muses.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 13th 2010, 4:03 pm

Gideon looks just as confused as AJ did for a moment, then he realised what she meant. Well, she'll let him call her 'babe' later, he's sure. He walks a little closer to the door himself, looking more at Lily than it. "But if the doors are barricaded up, how would a wild animal get in? I suppose it could be all sorts of things - a centaur, maybe? Or even a unicorn. But my point still stands." He says, wondering how any kind of animal that couldn't fly could actually get in.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 13th 2010, 4:14 pm

Lily shrugs and glances up at Gideon, which of course means she smiles. Her bad mood from earlier thanks to her run-in with Sev is all but forgotten for the time being. The light from their wands casts an eerie sort of glow over them, but she still thinks Gideon looks handsome as she shrugs lightly. "Maybe they didn't do that before whatever did this got in. Or more likely there's another entrance we haven't found yet, I suppose. I'm going to see if there's anything upstairs," she announces, moving towards the rickety staircase. Just as she goes to put her foot on the first step, a rat skitters across in front of her toes. "Ew!" Lily says, because she is a girl after all, and started by sudden movement in this supposedly haunted house which may be full of wild animals, and jumps back, colliding with Gideon's chest. She takes a moment, hand pressed to her heart, and calms. "Er, I guess we can assume that that wasn't responsible for that," she says, indicating between the crack in the wall into which the rat has disappeared, and the damaged doorframe.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 13th 2010, 4:22 pm

Gideon, who had put her arms out in case he needed to catch her, puts them back at his side. "If that was, I would be seriously worried, you know. That would be freaky. Are you going to make it up the stairs now, or should I wait at the bottom to catch you?" He smirks.
Inner!Gideon would also like me to remind you and Inner!Lily that he is attractive in any and all light available.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 13th 2010, 4:31 pm

Lily rolls her eyes and elbows him slightly, though she is blushing faintly because that was a pretty lame and girly thing to do. "Shut up," she grumbles at him, then proves that she is, in fact, capable of walking up a flight of stairs. She reaches the upper landing and at once begins to explore the rooms. "It's more of the same," she says, not sure what else she expected, really. "It's all just been ripped to shreds by something. Or a pack of somethings," she shrugs. She's actually kind of disappointed - she sort of hoped it would be haunted.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next