Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi! Basically, I'm new and I have no idea what I'm doing...

+9
Demelza Robins
Lucy Weasley
Romilda Vane
Harry Potter
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Daphne Greengrass
Logan Avery
Nikki Orwell
Molly Prewett
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hi! Basically, I'm new and I have no idea what I'm doing... Empty Hi! Basically, I'm new and I have no idea what I'm doing...

Post  Guest July 28th 2010, 2:39 am

So, hello everyone! I feel really nervous like I have to stand up in front of the class or something. Anyway, I joined because it's Harry Potter related, pretty much. Huge fan! Also, everyone can spell and it's one of the most beautiful things on the Internet.
Anyway, my point is, what the hell do I do next? There's something about names and houses and role plays, none of which I have any idea about, but everyone seems nice and I'm bored. Pleeez help! :)

Back to top Go down

Hi! Basically, I'm new and I have no idea what I'm doing... Empty Re: Hi! Basically, I'm new and I have no idea what I'm doing...

Post  Molly Prewett July 28th 2010, 2:45 am

Hi there and welcome to AWF! I'm Mya, I'm Head Mod here. Please take a few moments to head on down to the Rules section of the forum and make yourself familiar with our rules here.
Feel free to ask myself or any of the other House Mods (our names appear in blue) any questions as you get settled in! To choose your House, go to Usergroups (top of the page) and select the House you wish to join. Then, if you would also like to choose a year, PM Severus Snape with whatever year you'd like to be added to.

Hope you have a great time here!

Yes, I copied and pasted from my last intro post. I am le tired! Please do PM me if you need any extra info!
Molly Prewett
Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

Back to top Go down

Hi! Basically, I'm new and I have no idea what I'm doing... Empty Re: Hi! Basically, I'm new and I have no idea what I'm doing...

Post  Nikki Orwell July 28th 2010, 2:47 am

I shall repeat. I am insane. Do not approach unless you are a licensed professional or have a wish to cross-dress.
Name is Nikki, by the way. Pleasure to meet you.
Nikki Orwell
Nikki Orwell
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest July 28th 2010, 2:50 am

Cool! I already looked at the rules :) I'm a bit of a Hermione geek-nerd person, so I check them before doing anything ^^
Hi, Mya and Nikki, nice to meet you! I'll, um, stay at the Whomping Willow distance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery July 28th 2010, 2:50 am

HI I'M ROO/JAMES AND I AM HERE TO HELP -nod nod-

A lot of what happens on AWF revolves around the roleplays. I think somewhere around the site, if you want to join the roleplay, there's a list of still available characters, and probably someone else will post it because I'm too lazy to go find it. While you don't have to roleplay, it is sort of the central point of this site. To join a house, you go up to the lighter purple bar and click on "usergroups." Then you choose whichever one you want. A moderator will have to accept you into the house, so the house won't show up right away. Your name will change colors, and you'll be able to see the section of the forum your house is. Moderator's names, for future reference, are in this weird teal light blue turquoise-y color.

Just a warning, though, we are restarting our entire roleplay, switching and trading characters and everything, at the beginning of September (someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't pay attention). So someone after me please post the link to the list of characters already taken for that, and you can choose from whoever's not there.

OH AND

WELCOME TO AWF!

EDIT: OH SNAP MYA MY LOVE ALREADY SAID A LOT OF THAT. WELL. I'M REDUNDANT. OH WELL.
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery July 28th 2010, 2:54 am

FOUND THE CHARACTER LIST.

It's probably in your best interest to pick a character for when we start over, seeing as that's not too far away. We're a little quiet lately because we're all sort of biding our time till September, but please don't think we don't do anything. Normally this place is crazy. Now we're all lazy and just sitting around because we feel like there's nothing left to do.

http://averagewizard.omgforum.net/announcements-f4/role-play-character-sheet-for-the-fall-t1113.htm

This is updated semi-regularly. Names listed are names already claimed for the reboot.
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest July 28th 2010, 2:58 am

Okie doke :) I'll check it out and try to dredge up a non-taken character from the depths of my memory. My online presence over the past few months has essentially been bashing Twilight (don't judge me please :P ) so my HP knowledge is a little rusty. Nice to meet you!

Last edited by hinkypunk on July 28th 2010, 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Daphne Greengrass July 28th 2010, 3:00 am

Here's the list of characters we're giving up, if you want it:
Hermione Lupin wrote:
Hermione J Lupin wrote:Updated list of characters up for grabs:

Cho Chang
Justin Finch-Fletchley
Rubeus Hagrid
Andrew Kirke
Natalie MacDonald
Minerva McGoogles
Merrick Smith
Roxanne Weasley
Rose Zeller

Uh, yeah. Hi. *waves*
Daphne Greengrass
Daphne Greengrass
Fifth Year

http://snorkackshit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 28th 2010, 3:03 am

I present to you: a lovely master list of every single character in Harry Potter. Or at least almost all of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Harry_Potter_characters

Smile
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery July 28th 2010, 3:05 am

OMG PANSY AND DEE YOU SO SMART. I CAN'T REMEMBER: IS MY "DEE AND PANSY'S BIGGEST FAN" BANNER STILL IN MY SIG. BECAUSE IT SHOULD BE.

I FORGOT SOMETHING. I REALLY LIKE THE CAPS LOCK KEY. I CALL IT THE BILLY MAYS KEY. IT'S A FUN KEY TO HAVE.
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest July 28th 2010, 3:06 am

Great, thanks! How do I "reserve" a character name for September? Do I have to send someone a message? :)
And thank you for the list :D Wikipedia does not get enough credit (aside from being popular. But with academic-y people, etc, you know what I mean).

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry Potter July 28th 2010, 3:07 am

HI THERE! WELCOME TO AWF!
A lot of us have multiple accounts.
And we also have multiple characters running around in our heads.
Some of us have even built houses. >.> Yeah. ANYWAYS.
I'm also Padma Patil, Colin Creevey, and Natalie MacDonald. You are welcome to take over Colin or Natalie if you would like, because I'm willing to give them up. Right now, Colin is a crazy person who is stalking Harry. Harry does not enjoy this.
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Harry Potter
Harry Potter

http://a.almeida147@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 28th 2010, 3:13 am

Roonil Wazlib wrote:OMG PANSY AND DEE YOU SO SMART. I CAN'T REMEMBER: IS MY "DEE AND PANSY'S BIGGEST FAN" BANNER STILL IN MY SIG. BECAUSE IT SHOULD BE.

I FORGOT SOMETHING. I REALLY LIKE THE CAPS LOCK KEY. I CALL IT THE BILLY MAYS KEY. IT'S A FUN KEY TO HAVE.

It is on your James account. Wink
THE BILLY MAYES KEY IS FUN TO USE FOR EMPHASIS. ACTUALLY, WE USE IT IN NORMAL EXCITED CONVERSATION AROUND HERE. IT MAKES NORMAL WRITING FEEL LIKE WHISPERING, AND PRETTY SOON THE VOICE IN YOUR HEAD WILL NOT READ THIS AS YELLING, BUT AS NORMAL SPEECH.

To reserve a character, simply PM Caradoc Dearborn [click here to do so] with your character you'd like to be, and it will be added to this list of reserved characters: http://averagewizard.omgforum.net/announcements-f4/role-play-character-sheet-for-the-fall-t1113.htm#131017
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest July 28th 2010, 3:16 am

Is there a history behind the naming of the BILLY MAYS KEY?

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 28th 2010, 3:20 am

Well, assuming you've heard of Billy Mays, he always yells. And the caps lock writing looks like yelling, so it naturally fit. You know, with the whole "HI BILLY MAYS HERE" and always seeming like he's speaking more loudly than necessary.
Oh, Billy, rest in peace.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery July 28th 2010, 3:21 am

YEAH THAT WAS SO ME.

I HAPPEN TO BE AWESOME.

AND DONTCHA KNOW THIS IS HOW BILLY MAYS TALKS ALL THE TIME??

I AM BILLY MAYS SPELL FAIL. I FAIL SO HARD, PEOPLE STILL QUOTE IT. AND ALL IN THE BMK.
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest July 28th 2010, 3:26 am

Aaah I see. Never heard of him :s I feel so uneducated! I'm from England, we don't have him here. Or else I just live under a rock, could be that too.
DOES THAT GUY ALWAYS TALK LIKE THAT?! IT'S SCARY. Over here everyone just talks like the Queen, with a really posh accent. Why was he allowed on TV? O.o Doesn't he scare people?

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 28th 2010, 3:30 am

Oh yeah haha, ALLLLL of his commercials were like that. You could check him out on youtube, haha. But yep, that was how he did his commercials, yelling stuff excitedly. People really liked him, or at least liked making fun of it and saying HI BILLY MAYS HERE. He was sort of an icon for infomercials I guess you could say.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery July 28th 2010, 3:34 am

OMG NOW THAT HE'S DEAD I WILL NEVER BUY OXYCLEAN AGAIN. I DON'T CARE THAT IT'S THE BEST. THE NEW GUY JUST ISN'T SELLING IT RIGHT. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BUY THINGS IF BILLY MAYS ISN'T YELLING AT ME?
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 28th 2010, 3:44 am

We still buy it at my house, but the new guy is just... creepy.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest July 28th 2010, 3:51 am

LOL! Must be a shock when you turn on the TV, no? We have an advert at the minute for GoCompare.com, a guy singing opera... Every person in the country wants to Avada Kedavra the hell out of him XD

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 28th 2010, 3:53 am

This one? I can understand that feeling. Goodness.

ALSO, delayed response, but YAY ANOTHER BRIT. Now we have two Smile You and Katie Bell/Blaise Zabini.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest July 28th 2010, 3:57 am

Sadly, yes. That guy :/
Ooh yay! Does everyone have multiple accounts? Doesn't it get annoying signing in on loads of different names?

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy July 28th 2010, 4:01 am

Most people do have multiple accounts, but so that we don't have to sign in and out too much we typically use different internet browsers for our different characters so we can just stay logged in. Like using Firefox for one, Safari for another, Internet Explorer for another, whatever you might have.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest July 28th 2010, 4:07 am

Oh My Rowling the genius!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next