Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My English Short Story That I Inadvertently Wrote About Jenna and Reed's Friendship

3 posters

Go down

My English Short Story That I Inadvertently Wrote About Jenna and Reed's Friendship Empty My English Short Story That I Inadvertently Wrote About Jenna and Reed's Friendship

Post  Jenna Wood October 9th 2011, 8:48 pm

Jenna looked out over the lake, watching as she saw people swimming, and pushing each other in, the perfect picture of what to do during your free time. However, Jenna was perfectly content sitting here, on the far side of the lake, in a slightly hidden meadow with one or two outcroppings of boulders where Jenna would go whenever she needed to think. Or to have alone time, or to do both at once. Because, as much as Jenna loved her best friends Reed and Vee, there were times when she just needed to be alone with her thoughts. The week had been a long one, and the cool autumn breeze reminded her that this nice weather wouldn’t last much longer.

Jenna liked the winter well enough, and snowball fights and snowmen were something that she particularly enjoyed, but none of it quite compared to the cool air and brightly colored leaves that was autumn. She basked in the rare peace and tranquility, it wasn’t often that Jenna had the time to just breathe, and not have any obligations that she had to fulfill. It was a welcome change, and it gave her a chance to think about the recent string of events that had happened to her over the course of the past week.

Jenna would have to go home tomorrow for a few days, because her older brother had some sort of announcement that he needed to make. She had her suspicions about what it was, but had chosen to keep them all to herself, time would tell whether she’d been correct or not. She was sitting down against a large oak tree, and Jenna gently leaned her back against the tree, letting all thought go. She leaned her head back and soaked in the sunlight that filtered through the leaves. This was how she wished she could spend all of her days, but she knew that between school and swimming, she’d never have the time. Jenna felt a grin slowly spread across her face as she watched a blue jay and a squirrel clearly engrossed in a small spat.

Jenna heard footsteps; she turned her head, curious. As far as she had known, no one else even knew about the existence of this little niche in the woods. The footsteps were gentle, and seemed to take great care to be quiet. She looked for the owner of the footsteps, and looked up to see an all too familiar mop of curly brown hair with blue eyes that had slight crinkles at the corners from smiling. It was Reed, and she was glad that if anyone had to find her special spot, it was her best friend.
“I’ve been looking all over for you Enn, why’d you just disappear after class? Vee, Kras, Molly and Miela elected me to come looking for you, they thought you’d be least upset if I was the one disturbing your quiet time.” He sat down next to Jenna, making himself comfortable.
“That’s sweet of them. I just wanted some quiet time, I needed to prepare myself mentally, I have to see the Dragon this weekend.” Jenna fake shuddered, The Dragon was what Jenna called her mother when she was away at school, Jenna and her mother didn’t get along very well. And as she would be going home for the weekend, it meant dealing with the Dragon as well as getting to see her older brother and dad, who she was quite close with.
Reed smiled gently at her, he understood what she meant, having accidentally ended up in the middle of one of their fights.
“You’ll pull through somehow, they don’t call you ‘Jenna the Fierce’ for nothing!” That made Jenna laugh,
“Who calls me that? Please tell me, I want to hug them!” Jenna generally had quite a sweet and even shy disposition, but when angered, could think of some of the most horrible pranks known to man. Just ask anyone whom she didn’t get along with.

Jenna was fair with her pranks though, no one got any more or any less than they deserved. And she only pranked those who needed it in order to either A) teach them a lesson or B) take their ego down a few notches. Generally speaking it worked, and she became known throughout the school as someone to watch out for because, like a wildcat, she would pounce without warning. And, like the cat, she never showed mercy and she never had any regrets.

Jenna knew deep down that as much as she didn’t want to face her mother to the point where she spent almost every break at a friend’s house, she had a duty to herself, and to her family to go and to be strong about it. She’d find a way to handle the constant criticism and the condescending looks. She would spend all of her free time playing soccer and basketball with Henry, her older brother who had graduated college and was living on his own already. For all their 9-year age difference, they got along almost like twins.

Reed could tell that he’d done his duty as a friend and just sat there with Jenna, being the amazing friend that he was and being all-around supportive and nice. How the two of them had managed to become best friends when Reed was so mild-mannered and kind, and Jenna was snappish and one of the best pranksters you will ever meet, neither one could tell. And as far as Jenna knew, neither cared much either. Their friendship just was. And she knew, that if nothing else, knowing that on Monday she would be back in school with Reed, her best friend in the entire world, would get her through the long weekend to come.

_____
This better get a good grade...
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Location : Somewhere eating Nutella or playing Quidditch, or doing both simultaneously.

http://www.belowthewaves36.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

My English Short Story That I Inadvertently Wrote About Jenna and Reed's Friendship Empty Re: My English Short Story That I Inadvertently Wrote About Jenna and Reed's Friendship

Post  Demelza Robins October 11th 2011, 7:19 am

*creeps*
It's really good!
I hope that you get a wonderful grade! :3
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

http://thiscouldmeandanger.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

My English Short Story That I Inadvertently Wrote About Jenna and Reed's Friendship Empty Re: My English Short Story That I Inadvertently Wrote About Jenna and Reed's Friendship

Post  Jenna Wood October 11th 2011, 3:31 pm

I hope I get a good grade too, but I won't find out for a little while cause it's due tomorrow.
And thanks, apparently my inner mind, when lost on ideas automatically goes to AWF,
it's good to know. And a bit odd.
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Location : Somewhere eating Nutella or playing Quidditch, or doing both simultaneously.

Back to top Go down

Post  Demelza Robins October 11th 2011, 3:35 pm

Fingers crossed!
And anytime love. c:
Demelza Robins
Demelza Robins
Fifth Year

http://thiscouldmeandanger.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood October 27th 2011, 1:01 am

We got our stories back in class today...
A MINUS BABY!!!!
(I give some credit to Deano for making up Reed.)
YAYAYAYAY!
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson June 26th 2012, 6:44 pm

WHY DID I NEVER SEE THIS?!?!

THIS IS ADORABLE. Thank you for writing this! Hope you did get a good grade on it.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

http://gayguyshpandglee.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down