Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Desks

+3
Rose Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Lily Evans
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Study Desks - Page 2 Empty Re: Study Desks

Post  Dominique Weasley September 11th 2011, 10:38 pm

Dom was relieved Rose really hadn't given it anymore thought. "See you later Rose," she said, turning back to her school work for a while until she grew extremely bored with it and then left the library as well.
Dominique Weasley
Dominique Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 21st 2011, 8:08 am

Lily is here, in her usual favourite study seat. Yes, she has a favourite study seat. It's the best one in the Library, in her opinion, because she's near enough the stacks that fetching books is never much of a task for her, it's in the spot furthest from all the group desks where people go for tutoring (or more accurately, gossip and wave their wands about to pretend they're working), and it's secluded enough that one James Potter Esq. never seems to head far enough into the Library to bother her. It's ideal, really, and here she is in her natural habitat with books piled high next to her and a Defence Against the Dark Arts essay now so long that it's spilling over the side of the desk.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 21st 2011, 8:18 am

Lissiana walks into the library holding an ancient looking history book. She hands it to the librarian before she heads back to the back to find more books about her stupid essay. She mumbles quietly to herself thinking no one is around to hear her. "uggghhh history of magic why must you torture me. I have done nothing to harm you." She isnt as weird as she seems. The talking to herself thing is natural when your an only child. You got to have someone to talk to. Well thats what she kept telling herself anyway.
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShyShy17

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 21st 2011, 8:27 am

Lily is concentrating on her work so intensely that her nose is only inches from the paper, a habit she'd picked up from years of studying with Severus and never quite managed to break since. The sound of nearby muttering slowly filters into her awareness, and as she begins to make out the words she can't help the light chuckle that escapes. "History of Magic takes no prisoners," she says, still smirking as she looks up. When she realises she has no idea who she's speaking to, her smirk fades but her expression remains relaxed and open.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 21st 2011, 8:32 am

My eyes widen and i look at the girl who just spoke."Oh im so sorry for disrupting you. I didnt think anyone would be here. Thats why i tend to come here late. Less people." I blush slightly as i realize im babbling. Shyness...curse you...
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 21st 2011, 8:51 am

"No bother," Lily says at once. She may not be an only child, but she has mumbled at many an essay of her own over the years. "It's a good time to come here, actually. Always pretty quiet, I think most people have given up trying to think by this stage of the day." She takes a moment to dry the ink on her essay, then fold it a little so it no longer dangles over the edge of her desk. "Have to say, History of Magic was one class I wasn't sorry to give up when I had the chance."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 21st 2011, 8:58 am

"I wish i would have given it up but as much as i hate it i dont think i could do that." I shrug. "Oh, Im Lissiana Robinson by the way." I considered offering a handshake but i wasnt sure if that would be weird or not. So instead i smile. "Mind if i sit down? I wont be to much of a bother."
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 21st 2011, 9:08 am

"I wouldn't have if Binns wasn't the most boring teacher in the history of education, magical and muggle alike, but I figured I could still read histories for pleasure and get more out of that than his class," Lily explains. Plus, she decided she's better off focusing on the courses she'll need to get into Healing, rather than taking classes that are interesting, but not career-oriented. She waves her hand airily at the girl, indicating she can sit wherever she'd like. "Lily Evans. Go right ahead, there's heaps of room."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 21st 2011, 9:16 am

I smile and sit across from her. "I honestly dont think i have ever seen you around before. And Binns is so boring. Im surprised i havent been bored to tears yet. Though i can see it happening sometime in the near future." I unroll my scroll and glare at the almost empty paper.
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 21st 2011, 9:24 am

Lily nods slightly, she doesn't think she really recognises Lissiana, either. "I'm a Gryffindor, sixth year," she explains, figuring it might help narrow it down a little. Most people tend to know somebody who knows somebody who knows the other person, Lily figures it's pretty inevitable since there's only so many people to know in a boarding school. "I know a boy who faked his own death last year to get out of that class." Despite herself, Lily cracks a small smile at the memory. At the time she'd called Potter a stupid, lazy git, but when she thinks back on it the whole thing was rather funny. Lily was genuinely shocked it had even worked.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 21st 2011, 9:32 am

"Slytherin, 6th year. And i totally remember that. I was in the classroom for some reason. I really thought he was dead. It was kinda scary." I take out my quill and bite at the end of it as i think. "I dont really talk to anyone." Shrugs. "Its not that i dont like people. People just dont like me, i guess."
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 21st 2011, 9:42 am

Hearing that her companion is a Slytherin, Lily tenses for half a second. She can't help it, the defensive reaction is natural for her. It takes less than a heartbeat for her to return to normal, though. Lissiana doesn't seem like some of the other Slytherins she's come across, so it would be narrow-minded of her to judge purely on that basis. She smiles briefly, tucks her hair behind her ear, and resumes their conversation.
"I didn't think he was dead, but that's probably because I didn't want to get my hopes up," Lily says. That night, in the common room, Potter had asked Lily if she regretted all the times she rejected him when she saw him lying on the floor with (charmed and fake) blood dribbling from his mouth. Lily had kicked him for disappointing her.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 21st 2011, 9:47 am

I see her tense and i sigh softly. "Dont worry im not vendictive or anything else. Like some other slytherins." I smile. "Doesnt sound like you like the guy that much. Not that i blame you. i wouldnt have been very happy if one of my friends did that around me."
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 21st 2011, 9:52 am

Lily shrugs one shoulder lightly, somewhere between apologetic and not. "I've heard that before," she says simply, and leaves it at that. She shakes her head. "Whoa, for the record there, Potter and I weren't friends!" She wrinkles her nose. Weren't friends? As if they are now? Are they? No. She shakes her head once more. "We're definitely not friends."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 21st 2011, 9:57 am

I dont say anything to her first comment because everyone is entitled to there opinion and there had to be a good reason why she didnt like slytherins and it wasnt lissiana's business to know. I laugh at her response as i hold my hands up. "Calm down, I didnt know. Im sorry. I guess i just thought you were friends."
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 21st 2011, 12:04 pm

Lily is still shaking her head. "Not in this sane lifetime, that's for sure," she assures Lissiana, choosing her words carefully. "Potter and I have a pretty messed up history, that's all. So what other classes are you in, besides History of Magic," Lily wonders, changing the subject abruptly because she spends entirely too much time on the subject of Potter these days.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 21st 2011, 9:55 pm

"Advanced Potions, Transfiguration and Defense against the dark arts. And history of magic. I was in muggle studies but i decided not to take it this year. What about you?" She smiles. It was really good to be able to talk to someone and not worry about them lashing out at her like her parents would.
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 22nd 2011, 12:33 am

"Advanced Potions and Charms, plus Herbology, Tansfiguration, Defence, Arithmancy and Ancient Runes," Lily recites. She is a little surprised at the thought of a Slytherin taking Muggle Studies, but she makes no indication of her surprise and taps her parchment lightly. "That's what I'm working on now, actually; the latest essay for Defence. I think I'm a bit over the limit, but I got on a tangent," she laughs, shrugging. No professor has ever snapped at her for writing too much before, anyway.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 22nd 2011, 5:19 am

I nod my head when she mentions the essay. "I had my finished the night it was assigned." She wasnt trying to sound like a know it all. It was just a topic that she knew exactly what she wanted to write about. The reason she had taken muggle studies was for her aunt del but as she had died that summer taking the class had been to painful a thought to muster.
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 22nd 2011, 6:17 am

"I started it right away, but then the more I researched the more I wanted to include so I put it aside for a few days. Otherwise I'd have had this done and nothing else that was due in the meantime. And really, I doubt McGonagall would be alright with 'I just found another assignment more interesting than yours' as an excuse," Lily says, laughing a little at the thought of someone actually saying that to their strictest Professor.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 22nd 2011, 6:20 am

"I would love to see the look on her face if someone was to say that to her. It would be great." I laugh and look down at the paper in front of me. I wrinkle my nose and start to write.
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 22nd 2011, 6:36 am

"I dare you," Lily jokes. She thumbs through a couple of books, checking a fact or two before adding another paragraph to her essay. "It's funny, actually, what Muggles think about some magical things. Like a lot of the vampire lore, for example. Now for this essay I'm constantly having to check my facts because I'm paranoid I'll write something as fact when really I just saw it on the telly."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 22nd 2011, 6:39 am

I laugh. "Im not bold enough to do something like that. I laugh when i am nervous. I would be laughing the entire time i was talking. I couldnt see that going over to well." I stab my parchment in annoyance before i roll it up and put it away. "Okay thats not working."
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans October 22nd 2011, 6:47 am

"Not much of a poker face, then?" Lily sympathises. She jumps slightly when Lissiana stabs her parchment and rolls it up, but relaxes quickly. She used to have quite the habit for screaming at her History of Magic essays. "Well, that brings back memories of History assignments better left forgotten. Can't force your brain to do it? I know what that's like."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  LissianaNikole October 22nd 2011, 6:54 am

"I have no poker face what so ever. Its quite sad actually" I pull a purple bond journal and lay it on the table i flip through it then start to write. "My brain is screaming at me actually. Its not letting me think about anything history related just stuff related to my story. Annoying really"
LissianaNikole
LissianaNikole

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next