Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Greenhouses

+3
Albus Severus Potter
Scorpius Malfoy
Lily Evans
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Greenhouses Empty The Greenhouses

Post  Lily Evans August 12th 2011, 6:55 am

Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

The Greenhouses Empty Re: The Greenhouses

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 17th 2011, 7:14 pm

Scorpius made his way to the greenhouses for herbology, picking a station towards the back and hoping that no one really bothered with him much today. He had overheard from the Ravenclaws that had the class earlier that they were doing assigned partner work today and he seriously hoped that Professor Longbottom wouldn't partner him with Al. There was only so much of Potter he could handle before he cracked and, seeing as their last encounter was in the shower, he was trying to avoid the guy. He had tried to push the incident from his mind, but for some reason he often thought about the strange run in. After placing his bag on the ground, he waited for the rest of the class to arrive and Professor Longbottom, one of his favorite professors in the whole wide world, to assign partners.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter September 17th 2011, 7:30 pm

Professor Longbottom started partnering everyone up, but with Scorpius sitting in the back, he overlooked him at first despite the boy being one of his favorite students. A few minutes later, Al walked into the greenhouse, apologizing for being late as he went to take a seat in his usual spot. "Oh, Albus! You'll be working in partners today. You can work with..." Professor Longbottom's face fell as he realized the only person left was Scorpius, and he shot the blonde an apologetic look as he finished his sentence. "You can work with Scorpius."

Al groaned as he forced himself to shuffle over to Malfoy, glaring at him as he dropped his books down on the table. "Hey there, Malloy. Enjoy your shower?" he asked under his breath as his mouth stayed in a straight line, unamused with the idea of working with Scorpius again.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 17th 2011, 7:37 pm

Scorpius rolled his eyes when Al strolled in late, not amused with the fact that Al thought he was so great and could get away with being late to class. It was like the guy thought he could get away with anything. He had been in the mindset that he was working alone, which was perfectly fine with him, so he sighed when Professor Longbottom assigned him and Al together. Just his fucking luck. He shook his head, not understanding why Al insisted on pretending to butcher his last name. "I know you know my last name," he muttered. "And yeah, the shower was so much better once you weren't there. Let's just try and get this done quickly," he said, knowing that they were going to be working with a plant that needed trimming but required two students since it tended to try and snap at nip at hands.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter September 17th 2011, 7:46 pm

Al rolled his eyes as he rested his face in the palm of his hand, looking at the plant with a bored expression. He had never really liked herbology. It was boring and plants really weren't his thing. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. What do we do first?" he asked, having missed the first part of class where Professor Longbottom had instructed them how to go about trimming the plants and doing whatever it was they were supposed to be doing together. This really just wasn't his month. First potions, then the showers, now this. It was safe to say that Al had seen more than enough of Scorpius to last him a lifetime.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 17th 2011, 8:07 pm

Well Scorpius loves plants. There's just something rather serene with taking care of them. "Well, you need to be careful of the pinchers," Scorpius said. "That's why this is a partner thing. One of us will hold the neck, right behing the pincher, while the other one snips it off. We just need to get rid of them all and then bring them up to Professor Longbottom. Once we're done with that we're able to leave," he said. He wanted to get out of the Greenhouses quickly, though he knew that it would take patience with dealing with the pinching plant.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter September 17th 2011, 8:17 pm

"Right, pinchers," Al repeated absentmindedly, not really paying attention. "Just tell me what I'm supposed to do so we can get this over with, yeah? And it'd be great if you didn't look at me. I've seen enough of your face to last me a lifetime, blondie. And a lot more of you that I could have gone forever without having to see." Really, he hadn't looked much at Scorpius in the shower, but that didn't mean he didn't at least see a lot more of the guy than he needed to.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 17th 2011, 8:21 pm

"We're partners," Scorpius ground out, trying not to let Al's comment get to him. "Tell me how the hell I'm supposed to not look at you," he said before letting out a sigh. "Just hold the neck and I'll do the cutting," he said, figuring that would be the easiest way to get this done. He grabbed the cutters from the table in front of him, then waited for Al to put on the gloves and then hold the plant still.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter September 17th 2011, 8:41 pm

"Whatever," Al huffed as he put on the gloves, rolling his eyes as he held the neck of the plant. This whole thing was stupid, and he had no clue why he would ever need to know how to do this. He wasn't sure how tight of a grip to hold on the thing, but it was just a plant so he held it lazily between his fingers as he propped his other arm up on the table, resting his chin in his hand as he waited for Scorpius to hurry up.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 17th 2011, 9:23 pm

Seeing Al holding the plant, Scorpius focused his attention on going to cut it. The thing with the plant though is that it tends to move quite suddenly and roughly when it wants to make an attack. Seeing as Al really wasn't giving that much attention to the whole thing, when Scorpius went to go cut it, the pincher clamped onto his finger without any warning. "Shit!" he cried, trying to pull his finger back but finding the pincher still on him. He used the cutter to snip the neck off and the pincer fell limp onto the table. Looking at his finger though, the pincher made its mark and blood was quickly dripping from his finger.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter September 17th 2011, 10:01 pm

Al finally snapped to attention as Scorpius cursed...again. He noticed the blood dripping down Scorpius' finger, and sighed as he realized the prick had gone and hurt himself, though even Al couldn't deny that it had been his fault for not paying attention. "Don't touch it," Al told Scorpius as he gently took his finger in his hand, sitting himself up on the table so he could focus down on Scorpius' bite mark. He used his wand to dampen a cloth, then gently cleaned away the blood from Scorpius' hand, his eyes focused on Scorpius' fingers as he concentrated on helping him out. "What would you do without me," he mumbled under his breath, though for once the snarky attitude was gone. He summoned over some Dittany from the shelf and carefully applied to to the bite, smiling as the skin seemed to grow back good as new.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 17th 2011, 10:11 pm

Scorpius was surprised when Al suddenly took his finger, really not expecting Al to be helping him. If anything, he had expected Al to just tell him to wrap a towel around it and for the two of them to continue. This...this was different though. Al was calm and focused on cleaning his finger and then healing it with Dittany, something Scorpius really never would have expected. It was all weird and it was even weirder to have Al touching him to so gently and actually giving a little care. "Probably wouldn't have gotten bitten in the first place," he commented lightly to what Al said. "But thanks," he said softly, eyes lifting off of his finger to look at Al. "You didn't have to do that."
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter September 17th 2011, 10:36 pm

Al shrugged as he lowered himself off of the table. "Sort of did seeing as it was my fault." For once, his eyes met Scorpius' for a brief moment without being completely full of hate, but he turned away as he looked back at the plant. "So, what do we do now?" he asked quietly, feeling awkward around Scorpius after helping him out without insulting him. He didn't want Scorpius to get the impression that they were actually friends now, but he didn't know what he was supposed to say. "The faster we finish this, the faster we leave class."
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 17th 2011, 10:41 pm

Scorpius didn't say anything for a moment and was surprised that when their eyes met, Al's emerald ones weren't full of disdain or disgust. In fact, Scorpius was actually more surprised to see that they were a really nice green, though he shrugged that thought off quickly. "Um, just...hold the plant a lot tighter," he said, looking back at the evil thing with pinchers. "Just make sure you've got a nice grip on it this time, alright?" he said, picking up the cutters again and hoping that this time things went much better.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter September 17th 2011, 10:45 pm

Al nodded, saving Scorpius the trouble by not making a comment about not wanting Scorpius to tell him what to do. He kept a firm grip on the plant, waiting patiently for Scorpius to finish cutting it so they could get back to hating each other. For a brief moment, Al had seen Scorpius as his own person rather than the Malfoy in Gryffindor, and it wasn't something Al wanted to get used to thinking about.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 17th 2011, 10:49 pm

Scorpius was much more careful as he began cutting the plant's pinchers off, relieved to find that when Al held it properly it really wasn't that bad. They worked quietly, Scorpius finding that he really didn't have anything he wanted to say to Al and he doubted Al wanted to say anything to him anyway. "Could you please pass me the bowl next to you?" he asked after a few minutes of silence, needing something to put the cut pinchers in.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter September 18th 2011, 1:48 am

Surprised by Scorpius' use of manners, Al slid the bowl over in front of him. He didn't feel comfortable sitting with Scorpius and not insulting him, but hating the guy actually took a lot of energy sometimes so he figured he might as well cut him some slack, especially after he fucked up with the plant and got Scorpius hurt. The only problem was...without insults, Al didn't know how to talk to Scorpius.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 18th 2011, 1:59 am

"Thanks," Scorpius muttered, taking the bowl from Al and dropping the dead pinchers inside of it. "Well, I think that's it," he said, looking over the plant to make sure they didn't miss any. "I'll just bring this up to Professor Longbottom. We're free to go," he said, figuring him bringing up the bowl would give Al time to pack up and go so they didn't have to walk back to the castle at the same time.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Severus Potter September 18th 2011, 2:34 am

Al tugged at his bottom lip with his teeth, not sure of what he was supposed to say now. He probably should have thanked Scorpius as well or something...or said something nice maybe, but the words weren't coming to him. He nodded as Scorpius explained what he was going to do, and grabbed all his stuff so he could leave. "See ya." While Scorpius went up with the bowl to Professor Longbottom, Al left the greenhouse and made his way out to the pitch to get some practice done.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpius Malfoy September 18th 2011, 2:45 am

Scorpius blinked a few times when Al actually said goodbye. Well, not goodbye...but 'see ya' was a huge step in their relationship. Not that they had a relationship, but well...a huge step in whatever their hatred for one another was. "Bye," he replied before going up to Professor Longbottom. He handed in the bowl, then went back to the table, packed his stuff, and headed back to the castle.
Scorpius Malfoy
Scorpius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova October 17th 2011, 3:29 am

One of Kras' best classes was Herbology, mainly cause he liked plants quite a bit. So he liked to spend free time out in the Greenhouses on occasion just to see what interesting plants the Professor had growing about. Currently he's looking at a particularly large red flowery plant, which he's pretty sure is not dangerous but has some sort of healing properties. Ah well. Right now he's wondering what would happen if he crossed it with a daisy.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood October 17th 2011, 3:38 am

Jenna walked towards the greenhouses. She had knocked over a row of some sort of rare plant, and now had to do quite a bit of extra credit in order to not fail the quarter. She wandered in, looking at a bunch of plants with pretty flowers. Jenna was very easily distracted, in the muggle world they called it 'ADD' but Jenna thought that it was nonsense. I can concentrate just fi-OH LOOK IT'S A PURPLE FLOWER! So much for that argument. She was so distracted by her distractedness that she didn't notice the boy studying a plant with bright red flowers. She almost knocked him and the plant over but then managed to catch herself before causing any real damage.
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Location : Somewhere eating Nutella or playing Quidditch, or doing both simultaneously.

http://www.belowthewaves36.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova October 17th 2011, 3:43 am

Kras is quite startled when he suddenly finds himself almost knocked over. Luckily he manages to catch the plant and grab onto the plant table before falling over. "Ack..." he makes sure the plant is okay before turning to see who had ran into him. "Oh, hello!" He recognized this girl, had seen her in the common room before. "You're Jenna, aren't you? From the Hufflepuff Quidditch team?" He smiled brightly down at her. "I've seen you about the common room."
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna Wood October 17th 2011, 3:48 am

Jenna tried to save the plant, but the boy got there first. She blushed beet red, some first impression she was making. "Hi! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" Jenna was a bit scatterbrained, but despite the fact that her favorite pastime was whacking metal balls at people in order to injure them or knock them off of their brooms, she didn't want to hurt anyone outside of the pitch. "Yeah, I'm Jenna, Jenna Wood. I think I've seen you around the common room too but you name is slipping my mind."
Jenna Wood
Jenna Wood

Location : Somewhere eating Nutella or playing Quidditch, or doing both simultaneously.

http://www.belowthewaves36.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova October 17th 2011, 3:53 am

"I'm fine." Kras grinned. He was used to people bumping into him...though sometimes it still surprised him, because it wasn't like he wasn't all that noticeable. After all, he was really tall. Ah well. Being bumped into meant meeting more people and meeting more people meant Kras was happier. "It's nice to finally get to meet you. I'm Krasimir Svetkova, but everyone just calls me Kras. I'm sure you'll hear plenty about me from people at some point or other. I tend to try and hang out with everyone." He was quite friendly after all, though that was mainly because he hated being alone and tried to avoid it as much as possible.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next