Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

3 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 8 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Lily Evans July 28th 2011, 7:39 am

Lily's face is still turned up towards Gideon's so that she can look at him as they talk, and she chuckles quietly to herself at the way he nods to emphasise his point. "Well, I don't drink," she says simply, answering his original question even though it was probably more rhetorical. It's true, though, Lily does not drink except for perhaps a glass of wine or champagne on special occasions. "I can't say I've ever been to Knockturn Alley - when I went to Diagon Alley the first time, Professor McGonagall told my parents and I that it was quite unsavoury so I've always stayed well clear. Last year, Sev and I made a pact that over the summer we would go there to look at the, erm, rarer Potions ingredients it's rumoured you can get there, but, well, obviously that never happened," she says, tucking her hair behind her ear and shrugging it off. She's sure Sev would have found some more appropriate friends to visit Knockturn with, and probably better that someone of Lily's heritage just steer clear altogether.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 8 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Gideon Prewett August 23rd 2011, 2:54 am

Gideon assumed as much about Lily and drinking, but doesn't say that. "I should take you some time, you know. It's pretty awesome. If you know where to go, that is. Knockturn Alley is safe with the right people," he grins. He doesn't say anything about Severus, knowing that talking about it would only aggravate the situation. Wow, now I feel ilke Lily has tamed Gideon somewhat - but I think that's not necessary a bad thing.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans August 23rd 2011, 3:52 am

I think she has definitely tamed him. But then, he's cracked through a lot of her defensiveness too and showed her that having a little fun is not the end of the world, so they complement each other quite nicely! She smiles. Lily doesn't quite consciously realise it, but the way Gideon manages to bring her out of focusing on things that make her upset instantly brightens her outlook. "I would go to Knockturn Alley if you took me there. If you say it's safe then I trust you," she says quite honestly. Her tummy rumbles slightly, and she looks around to realise for the first time that it has grown steadily darker outside while they've been curled up together, talking and cuddling. "Should we make dinner, then?"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett August 23rd 2011, 4:13 am

Yes, I concur. They really are good together... "We should - I should take you out over the summer. We can go to the club!" He says, looking quite enthusiastic at that prospect. He feels Lily's stomach rumble and smirks. "Sure we can. Want anything in particular?"

[Now my stomach is grumbling...]
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans August 23rd 2011, 4:59 am

They really, really are. "That sounds fun," Lily says, and it has just occurred to both she and Mya that Lily has never danced with Gideon, so now she is very much looking forward to that. Lily does like to dance. She just smiles, completely unabashed by her grumbling tummy. It's not like getting hungry is anything to be embarrassed about. "I don't really mind, we can just raid the cupboards and see what we come up with," she says with a shrug. She pops up, smoothing Gideon's shirt down over her legs, and wanders towards the kitchen.

[Mine too. >.> *ran a training session with grumbly tummy*]
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett August 23rd 2011, 10:51 am

"It will be - trust me." Gideon grins, standing up after Lily. "Sure - I honestly have no idea what's in there." He moves over to some of the cupboards and starts pulling out packets and jars. "Cup of soup, pasta, sauce... There's not much here." He waves a sweeping arm at some of the other cupboards in a silent invitation for Lily to also look in some if she likes.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans August 23rd 2011, 12:36 pm

"As long as it's all stuff that doesn't spoil," Lily comments as Gideon notes the lack of variety in their dinner options. She tucks her hair behind her ear looks at the offerings both still in the cupboard, and what Gideon has pulled out. "I wonder if..." she murmurs, heading for the fridge. After a few moments of rummaging, and a quick check of the use-by date, she holds something up in triumph. "Aha!" A packet of grated cheese is now in her hand as she moves back to Gideon and chooses the pasta and the sauce. "It's neither a Hogwarts feast, nor a Molly Prewett Meal, but we can work with this. Saucepan?" she asks, because when you're in somebody else's kitchen you can never be quite sure where everything is and it's easier to just ask, rather than bang about in all the cupboards looking for things.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett August 24th 2011, 10:38 am

"You're a genius, love. I'll grab it for you," Gideon offers, reaching towards a low cupboard and pulling out a saucepan, handing it over to Lily. "Shouldn't I be cooking?" He asks, wondering whether it's entirely appropriate to have someone else cooking in your kitchen while you're there. It always feels awkward, that's for sure.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans August 24th 2011, 11:58 am

"It's often been said," Lily acknowledges with a cheeky little smirk. She accepts the saucepan from Gideon, but as he speaks, she turns around and hands it right back. "Know what? You're absolutely right! Here you go, babe," she says. She hops up on the counter, far enough away so that she's not getting in his work space, but close enough to still be able to talk as he cooks, and swings her legs lightly.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett August 29th 2011, 4:53 am

Gideon grins. "That was a fast relinquishing of power. Can you secretly not cook?" He asks, taking the saucepan from Lily and putting it on the stove as he turns on the hotplate. Then he turns, standing in front of Lily as she swings her legs and they wait for the water to boil.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans August 29th 2011, 5:02 am

"That wasn't relinquishing power, that was relinquishing work," Lily says, smirking heavily. When Gideon moves to stand in front of her, she shifts her legs a little so that she's not in danger of kicking him as she swings her legs back and forth, heels connecting with the cupboards beneath her on occasion. She rests one of her hands on his shoulder, the bare skin warming her palm, and shrugs. "No secret, I just don't really need to cook is all. I can manage the basics well enough to get by in a pinch."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett August 29th 2011, 5:09 am

How do you smirk heavily? Is that even possible? Is it harder than smirking lightly? These are the thoughts that occur to me while reading this. Now, to actually reply... In response to Lily's hand, Gideon rests on hand on her upper leg, one of the parts which is not swinging because that would be weird otherwise. "I suppose going from living at school, to living at home with parents is pretty easy in terms of cooking. Absent parents make it a little harder." He says, nodding to emphasise his point. "That being said, we do get a lot of takeout..."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans August 29th 2011, 5:26 am

I don't even know. I just know that when I wrote 'broadly', it looked weird. So I went with another weird option instead. Indeed.
Lily smiles to feel Gideon's hand on her leg, but her smile dims and her eyes harden a fraction when he mentions absent parents. It's an unconscious reaction leaving everyone in no doubt of her opinion of Gideon's parents - she's sure they must be lovely, and they certainly give their children the very best of everything money can buy, but it will never not infuriate her just a bit to think that they left Gideon to assume so much responsibility. "Right," she says quietly, taking a moment to force the hardness back from her eyes and a smile back to her face. "I would get sick of so much takeout," she admits.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett August 29th 2011, 5:34 am

Weird options ahoy! Next we'll be throwing grins... Gideon catches the look in her eyes - it's hard not to when you're as close together (physically and emotionally, I suppose) as they are, and he rests his other hand on her other leg (right on right, left on left). Sorry, I'm being confusing. "Hey hey hey, don't be like that. There's not much I can do about that - I cope. I've turned out just fine, don't you think?" Then, to lighten the mood he grins cockily, turning to check on the water. It's boiling! "Luckily, Molly does most of the cooking. Fabian and Alice are terrible, they'd probably kill us all!" He comments as he grabs the pasta and adds it handful by handful.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans August 29th 2011, 6:48 am

Mmhmm, throwing grins and catching looks. Weirdness abounds!
Lily's mouth opens a little, she is struck speechless for a few moments by the way Gideon manages to brush off her concerns for him as if anything he might have had to deal with is no matter at all (well, maybe it's not such a big deal to him, but to Lily it's actually quite a lot to deal with at his age). He grins and turns away to add the pasta to the boiling water, and her eyes remain glued on him. She does think Gideon turned out just fine. More than fine, really. Lily thinks he turned out beautifully.
"I love you."
She doesn't mean to say it -Merlin, she's barely even allowed herself to consciously think it- but it comes tumbling out before she knows what she's doing. In the breaths that follow, she becomes still and silent, staring wide-eyed at Gideon and biting her lip while her cheeks flood with colour.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett August 29th 2011, 8:30 am

Gideon still has his back to Lily as she speaks. He freezes. Her words have caught him by surprise - similar thoughts had crossed his mind in sentimental moments, but he'd shrugged them off. He had no idea she would say it, let alone what is kind of soon for anyone. If that makes sense. Lily has totally tamed Gideon - normally a girl wouldn't have even seen his place yet, but somehow this just feels right. Gideon drops the last of the pasta into the saucepan, then turns, crossing back to Lily quickly. He kisses her fiercely, then rests his forehead against hers gently.
"I love you too."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans August 29th 2011, 11:39 am

Lily holds perfectly still, watching as Gideon freezes for what seems like forever, and then, in a way that seems entirely too calm for Lily and her hammering heart, finishes putting his handfuls of pasta into the pot. She wonders if she's meant to apologise for speaking too freely, and how she's supposed to do that when she's not sorry. Not even slightly. And then Gideon is moving and by the time Lily has caught up his mouth is burning against hers and then it's gone all at once and they are eye to eye, his forehead pressed lightly against hers. She is almost surprised to find her arms around his shoulders, she doesn't remember deciding to move them to hug him. The sound of his voice brings a smile to her face. The silence of the aftershock stretches on and Lily, her face still pink, starts to chuckle because she doesn't know what to say. 'I love yous' are a pretty tough act to follow, after all, but she still feels ridiculous.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans September 3rd 2011, 12:27 pm

This isn't an actual post, I'm just sending Lily down here for a while because it's her happy place, and she's still not impressed with this other Ganger!Lily bitch wandering around with her life....
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 20th 2011, 2:04 pm

Gideon continues his habit of not moving, holding his forehead to Lily's for just a moment longer. He can hear the sound of boiling water in the kitchen, making a practically soothing soundtrack to their little moment. He pulls back a little (but only a little, mind you), and grins. "Good to know," he says, putting his hands back onto her knees gently.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 20th 2011, 2:55 pm

Lily is still chuckling just a little bit. She can't help it; her tummy flutters and it's like every nerve in her body is hyper-aware of Gideon's very presence and his grin is simply gorgeous and Lily is so happy. "Definitely good to know," she agrees, biting down on her lips a little bit in a vain attempt to stop her grin from being so ridiculously broad. For a moment, she is still, too. It's like the moment just needs a second to work its way into her memory forever. Then, her green eyes light up with a playful sparkle as something occurs to Lily. She straightens, dropping her arms from around Gideon's neck to rest on his chest so that she can pull back to look at him. "Wait a minute. Was that--? Was that your first 'I love you', too?" Her eyebrows arch, her lips twitch and threaten to pull back into a full smile. She has no idea why, but the thought amuses her as much as it makes her happy. "Am I the first girl whose heard that from you? Do I finally have one of your firsts?"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 20th 2011, 3:09 pm

Gideon's grin widens a little as Lily bites her lip. As soon as her eyes begin to sparkle again, he knows that she's up to something. She pulls away, and Gideon's smile becomes questioning, but as she asks her question, he thinks for a moment. There have been many girls, but actually, that was something that had never happened before to Gideon - he'd never actually been in a relationship that was this important to him.

Then, he smiles again. "Yes," he says simply.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 20th 2011, 3:36 pm

Lily smiles again as Gideon simply confirms her thoughts. For half a second she thinks that it shouldn't be this easy to be so free and intimate with someone, and then she realises that's a completely stupid thought. Why not? Just the day before when they had arrived in London, Lily had felt wretched and wrong and inadequate following that fight with Potter, but seemed so long ago now. It was all irrelevant, what really mattered was Lily and Gideon, and how they felt about each other and if being together was natural and easy, well good. She wouldn't change it for anything.
Her stomach takes the opportunity to interrupt Lily's thoughts with another little growl. Looking a tiny bit sheepish, Lily wriggles forwards until her bum is on the edge of the counter, pauses to steal a kiss from Gideon's lips while she's there, and pops off the counter and back onto her feet. "You think it'll be done yet?" she wonders, looking about for a cutlery drawer so that she can grab a fork to test the pasta. "Or if not, you think anyone's ever died from eating undercooked pasta?"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 20th 2011, 11:42 pm

Gideon is still smiling into the kiss Lily steals (he might have to report her to the authorities for that...), as she starts looking at the drawers. "Cutlery, cutlery, cutlery. This one, babe." He says, pointing at the cutlery drawer [funny that]. "And probably not - but I'm sure some people have been grossed out by it. Maybe we should avoid the perils of undercooked pasta, just to be safe."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans November 21st 2011, 4:41 am

Lily thinks that would be very rich and very amusing; Gideon reporting her for misbehaviour! Although if he is so very upset by the transgression, she could probably be convinced to give his kiss back. Mmhmm. Her eyes follow the path of Gideon's finger as he indicates the right drawer and she fishes out a couple of forks. "Well people are grossed out by something like that might want to consider adding a teaspoon of cement to their diet. You know, to harden themselves up a bit," she shrugs, still smiling because it doesn't seem like that will stop anytime soon. "Don't tell me you never ate uncooked spaghetti as a kid?" she wonders aloud. Maybe it was only Muggle kids who did silly things like that...
She leaves one of the forks on the counter and pokes the other into the boiling pot, as mindful of the steam as she can be. It takes a moment, but she fishes out a piece of pasta and pops it into her mouth. "Mmm," she wipes her mouth, "Nearly there, I think."
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett November 21st 2011, 2:14 pm

Gideon was partly thinking that he would be the authorities... But I didn't let him say that before. "Despite the fact I eat takeaway foods 99% of the time, even I think that ingesting cement might also be not such a good idea. But, I suppose they say 'don't knock it till you've tried it' for a reason..." He admits with a grin. "I don't remember the last time I had spaghetti that wasn't perfectly cooked in a restaurant. Is that bad?" Gideon grins sheepishly before. "Well, I'm glad about that. I'm getting kind of hungry, I have to say."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next