Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

3 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 6 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Lily Evans June 12th 2011, 3:06 pm

"Oh, right," Lily says, and eats a little of her lunch while she continues processing the non-plan approach to life. If Lily was able to travel after leaving Hogwarts, which is something she'd love to do but would not be able to finance without working for a few years first, she would have the whole itinerary planned already, and be reviewing it on a weekly basis. She smiles to herself, watching Gideon stab at his carrots with his fork. "I could see you being an Auror," she comments, because it very much seems to suit him. She chews her lip a little as she cuts her steak, because Auror is a dangerous profession, and Lily already knows that she is going to worry about him.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily) - Page 6 Empty Re: Gideon and Lily (otherwise known as the awesomeness that is Gidily)

Post  Gideon Prewett June 12th 2011, 3:29 pm

Gideon smiles at Lily, imagining how much that stresses her out that he has no plans. Also, if he could read her mind, he'd offer to not only travel, but fund such a trip from his parents' and his money and go with her. "Why thank you - I think that's probably a good sign that one other person already agrees with me," he admits, watching her chew her lip.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 13th 2011, 4:11 am

It's a bit ridiculous, how much Gideon's lack of future planning throws Lily. And to be honest, if he offered to do that, it might just embarrass her - she doesn't want him to always be paying her way because it will make her feel like she's not independent or capable. Anyway, on to the actual post portion of this post...
Lily flushes slightly from the way Gideon is watching her. "Well it's not like it really actually matters, my opinion, or anyone else's for that matter. A lifetime would be a long time to be doing something just because other people wanted it or agreed with it," she muses, feeling suddenly flustered and a bit stupid at the way she's taken a perfect day and turned it serious. She wishes she had never said anything at all about next year because now all she can think about is the future, and she realises she's been trying to ignore it up until now. Part of what she loves so much about being with Gideon is the way they seem to just exist in the moment, and be happy, and she's ruining that for herself with her runaway thoughts. She falls into silence, keeping her eyes on her meal as she eats and concentrates on bringing herself back to the present moment.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 15th 2011, 4:29 am

Gideon smiles. "Well, but some people's opinions do matter to me - and in fact, yours is one of them. Then again, just because you say something isn't a good idea doesn't mean I won't do it anyway, I just like it when you approve - like most people, I suppose. Sometimes I do the opposite of what people say, purely because it might be more fun!" He says, not picking up on Lily's thinking about how terribly serious she's made the conversation. She is ruining nothing - even for someone who likes to live in the moment, having some form of plan is a good idea. Now that he's finished speaking, he continues eating his pork in silence for a moment. "How's your meal, babe?"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 15th 2011, 5:31 am

Lily looks up and smiles as Gideon tells her that her opinion matters to him, and the smile becomes a chuckle. "Tormentor," she says affectionately. Then she shakes her head a little. "I suppose I can understand that a little; I've been known to get a bit like that, but usually only when someone tells me I can't do something. What can I say? I like to prove them wrong," she says, a hint of a smirk about her face. "Oh, it's wonderful actually. Here, want to try some?" she asks, cutting a small piece of steak and offering it up to him.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 25th 2011, 8:58 am

Gideon grins. "Sure," he says, leaning forwards and taking the steak as delicately as he can off her fork with his mouth. After he eats it, he nods. "It's really good. Want to try mine?" He offers, his fork and knife hovering over his pork as he waits for an answer.

[Short!post is short. But a post.]
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 25th 2011, 9:09 am

Lily bites her lip gently, watching Gideon take the mouthful of steak from her fork. "Sure," she returns with a little smile, waiting as Gideon cuts a piece of his lunch to feed to her. She pats her napkin to her lips, nodding as she chews and swallows. "Mm - yummy," she comments. She finishes her lunch and relaxes back into her chair, sipping at her water and looking around at the view. Her eyes rove over the specials board and she considers a moment. She's not quite full, but near enough. "Want to split dessert?" she offers.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 25th 2011, 9:29 am

Gideon swallows - it is only just visible - as Lily bites her lip. As Gideon finishes his lunch too he grins. "Why don't we go around the corner? There's a place you can get ice-cream cones, and we can take our time walking to the shops before heading back to the apartment." He suggests, mentally calculating how long it'll take for them to walk from the park to Harrod's. Just enough time to eat an ice-cream, he works out. Good.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 25th 2011, 9:51 am

A tiny hint of pink spreads across Lily's cheeks as she notices the small movement of Gideon's adam's apple in response to her lip-biting. She smiles and nods at his suggestion. "Sounds great. The Queen approves," she laughs, holding up the plastic crown and sword a little once she grabs them from beneath her chair, ready to move on.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 25th 2011, 10:19 am

Gideon grins, reaching for his sword, also stashed underneath his chair. "As does her dashing knight who suggested this outing, in case you were wondering." He grins as he stands up from his chair and moves to pay the bill. After that much is done (it goes on the parent's card, like most of the things during this weekend), he returns to Lily offering her his arm graciously.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 25th 2011, 10:36 am

Lily chuckles lightly as Gideon names himself her dashing knight. She's always enjoyed Gideon's confidence; she loves the bravado that sometimes gives way into hints of arrogance and always always always accompanied with that cocky, gorgeous grin. Mostly, though, she appreciates how Gideon always seems to understand the limit of her tolerance and keeps within them. She decides not to challenge him for paying this bill, equally because she does not want to turn everything into a counting game of who paid for what and because it was a little on the expensive side so when Gideon returns, she simply slips her free arm into his, holding tight to the crown and the sword in the other. "Then let's get this show on the road!" she says happily as they re-emerge into the afternoon sunlight.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 25th 2011, 2:27 pm

As they emerge, and head directly around to the other side of the building, where there is a large selection of icecream flavours, Gideon smiles. "What flavour do you think you'll have? They have a fantastic chocolate, but I was thinking that I'd get something a bit different this time..."
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 25th 2011, 2:39 pm

Lily wrinkles her nose in thought as she skims the lists of flavours. "I don't know. Usually I really just like vanilla, but I might as well try something different while I'm here. I do like chocolate," she muses. Dear Lily, Mya loves how everything is a decision for her, wherein she weighs up the pros and cons instead of just bloody picking something. "I think the chocolate orange," she finally says after thinking it through for a few more seconds.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 25th 2011, 3:18 pm

Gideon studies the list as well for a moment before nodding. "I think I'll get Banoffee fudge. Sounds good!" He ring a little bell on the counter, and a server appears out of the back of the store. Gideon orders the icecreams and watches as the server scoops them up and stacks them into their cones, before taking them both gratefully.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 25th 2011, 3:23 pm

"Hmm, it does," Lily agrees, and for half a second she considers changing her order before she decides she'd rather stick with her own choice. As Gideon takes both the ice cream cones, she acts before he can hand hers to her and reach for his wallet. She fishes her own out of her bag and slides a few quid across to the ice cream vendor. "Thank you," she says with a smile, pocketing her change and accepting her cone from Gideon. "Which way are we heading, Gideon?"
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 25th 2011, 4:35 pm

Gideon grins, simply watching as she reaches for her bag. He figured at some point she'd want to pay for something, and he doesn't mind her paying as long as it's not too much. Which this isn't. He points towards a nearby street. "Down there; it's only a handful of blocks to Harrods. We're still headed there now, right?" He doubel checks, before taking a lick of his icecream.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 25th 2011, 4:41 pm

Lily nods as they begin to head down the correct street. "Oh, good. I'm rather looking forward to getting back to your apartment and being able to relax a bit, but yes I still need to get to Harrods first." She licks her own ice cream, smiling as the taste is a very pleasant surprise. Short!post is short, so Lily wanders comfortably along next to Gideon, licking at her ice cream and enjoying his company while she continues to look around because she's interested in everything she sees. Secretly, though, she's most interested in Gideon licking his ice cream, but she's too discreet to just stare at that.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 25th 2011, 4:56 pm

Gideon is a little less subtle, only just narrowly avoiding Lily catching his gaze as he walked, mostly watching her lick her icecream. Luckily, there were some interesting things near Lily he could pretend to really be looking at, and he got away with it. They walked in relative silence for most of the way, with Gideon trying to finish his icecream as slowly as possible without it going everywhere. It's a complicated balancing act, really, which is why AJ gets her icecream in a cup. >.>
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 25th 2011, 5:07 pm

Mya always just gets a single scoop instead of a double or triple or whatever the hell else you can get these days, because she loves the cones but hates the melty aspect. A couple of times Lily thinks she feels Gideon's eyes on her, but whenever she turns her head he's always looking at something around her, so she says nothing and finishes her own ice cream. By the time they reach the department store, she is just finishing off the cone. Lily wipes her fingers on the napkin that had been wrapped around the cone, tossing the used paper in the bin as she checks the store guide. "Alright," she murmurs, her finger tracing down the department list until she finds the lingerie section. "First floor. Where's the elevator?" she wonders, having only been to the huge store once or twice in her life.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 25th 2011, 5:18 pm

AJ is not a big fan of cones, especially waffle cones, so goes for a cup with the lovely little spoon which you get to keep and everything! Not that I'm a child or anything. -coughs- Gideon has already finished his icecream, and tucks his napkin (which hasn't been used) into his pocket before looking around on the ceiling. "Over here!" He says, spotting the sign and leading them around the corner to the elevator. "Which section are we going to?"
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 25th 2011, 5:24 pm

*coughs*

Lily suddenly finds herself not particularly able to look Gideon in the eye. She covers it well, she thinks, by being so very interested in looking at everything they pass on their way to the elevator, but there is a tiny hint of pink in her face. "Well we left so suddenly that I didn't bring any changes of clothes with me. And, um, I can't exactly borrow everything from you sister," she mumbles as they arrive on the first floor and step into a sea of lace, satin, silk, and she thinks she even spots some pvc and feathers. Such things all together can only add up to the lingerie section.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 25th 2011, 5:28 pm

-coughs-

Gideon is a little confused when Lily can suddenly not look at him; she looks a little too interested in everything else, but he doesn't say anything. As she speaks, understanding dawns, and it smacks him full on in the face when they arrive on the first floor and everything is satin and lace and girly underwear. Not that Gideon minds shopping with Lily for underwear. He'll even help her choose, if she asks nicely. [Sorry.]
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 25th 2011, 5:36 pm

[S'ok.]

"Here, will you hold these?" Lily mutters, chewing on her lip and holding out her sword and the crown to Gideon so that she can properly browse the displays. "I shouldn't be long," she promises, because she doesn't really want to prolong this experience. As she begins to look through the displays, though, she slowly relaxes. Lily loves lingerie shopping; besides books it is one of the few indulgences she allows herself. There is something about pretty underwear that is just for her and nobody else's benefit (although Gideon gets to reap the benefits too, by default) that makes Lily feel happy and comfortable and feminine. She almost forgets Gideon is there as she begins to contemplate the pinstripes versus the plain blue.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Prewett June 25th 2011, 5:41 pm

"Sure," Gideon replies, taking them from her. He places the crown on his own head, hooking the swords into his belt loops so that his keeps his hands free. Just in case he needs to help Lily, he tells himself, but for now he puts his hands in his pockets. He watches as Lily begins to shop, but as she becomes more and more absorbed he looks around himself. Of course, mentally he is helping Lily and picturing Lily in most of these - he is a guy, after all, but he makes sure that his thoughts don't dwell on Lily in her underwear for too long. They are in public... After a little while, he realises she seems to be choosing between just two, and he pokes his head over her shoulder and takes a look at them. "I like the plain blue," he offers.
Gideon Prewett
Gideon Prewett
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Evans June 25th 2011, 5:46 pm

Lily slowly becomes aware of Gideon's presence once more, but finds herself alright with it. As he sticks his head over her shoulder, she turns a little to look at him and smiles to see the crown on his head. Her face still feels just a bit hot, but her confidence returns to her and she smirks. "Really, babe? I'll keep that in mind." She kisses his cheek. "I like them both," she decides, and whips about, heading for the register before she really realises what she's doing.
Lily Evans
Lily Evans
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next