Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dawson Loft.

4 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

The Dawson Loft.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dawson Loft.

Post  Reed Dawson May 6th 2011, 2:33 am

Reed smiles reassuringly at Kras as the first course is delivered. Which is a pretty harmless Greek salad. He waited for everyone else to get their food and nodded to the chefs. He took his first bite, because it was customary for them to take at least one bite before conversation could start. After his first bite, Winston turned to Kras and spoke. "So Kras, tell us about your family. Are you all wizards as well?" He looked at Kras with much interest.

Meanwhile, Hilde rolled her eyes and pursed her lips as the subject of magic was brought up. She knew her manners though, and would let the gentlemen talk. Reed was smiling into his salad, trying not to send the smile towards Kras. He knew his mother didn't like this subject so he knew she would be looking around for something to criticize.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

http://gayguyshpandglee.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 6th 2011, 2:49 am

Kras had no idea what sort of rules or such they had when it came to eating meals but he figured he'd just wait until everyone else had had a bite to eat before he did. Seemed safe enough. And of course he wasn't going to respond to Reed's father until he had properly chewed and swallowed his food. Inwardly he was sort of panicking because hadn't Reed told him not to talk about magic or something like that? He didn't want to be rude though so of course he was going to answer Winston's question. It didn't seem like Reed's mother was very interested at all. Hopefully she wouldn't hate him or anything for just answering a question or two. "Ah, yes sir. Everyvon in my family are wizards." It was kind of weird thinking about the fact that literally everyone in his family for generations have been purebloods. That means a lot of cousins marrying and such. Kras is pretty sure that if he and Reed were to stay together and they decided to have children - using a surrogate mother of course and Reed would HAVE to contribute to that because Kras would be damned if those kids didn't have gorgeous curly hair like one of their fathers - then theirs would be the first marriage in the family ever not between two purebloods, not to mention their children would be halfbloods then. But Kras doesn't want to get his hopes up just yet so he'll push that thought off to the back of his mind for now.

[going off to rescue my car]
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 6th 2011, 3:13 am

Reed nods politely at Kras, trying to tell him to relax and that it was okay to talk about magic here. He took a few more bites of his salad and pushed it away, knowing that you weren't suppose to eat all of the salad. They had weird traditions. Reed smiled at his father. "Kras is actually in his last year at Hogwarts." He tried not to sound proud of his boyfriend.

This caught Hilde's attention of course. "Oh, you're older then Reed? By how much? How did you manage to get a dorm together?" She too pushed her salad aside and stared at Kras. Winston on the other hand looked rather impressed, but didn't want to bombard the poor boy when Hilde was staring at him like that.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 6th 2011, 3:36 am

Kras smiles as Reed tells Winston that it's his last year at Hogwarts, even if the thought did make him sad. He noticed everyone else pushing aside their salads so he slightly did to, hoping that was okay. "I just turned 18 last month, actually. And I suppose the reason ve managed to get a dorm together vos because I transferred to the school later in the semester and the dorm I vos in vos empty - something about a lot of seventh years spending a lot of time avay from the school due to internships and such. And then Reed came to the school and the fifth year dorms vere filled so he got von of the empty spots in my room." He hoped he didn't sound like he was too thrilled by that fact...which he really was. There was no one else he would want for a roommate.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 6th 2011, 4:01 am

[YOU MADE IT HOME SAFE!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!]

Reed tried not to smile as Kras told the story of how they ended up roommates. He had to cough behind his hand to keep from smiling too much. "Excuse me. Tickle in my throat." He picked up his glass of water and took a sip. Just then, the servers came and took away the salads and placed some soup in front of them, Reed really wasn't quite sure what exactly it was though.

Winston ignored the soup for a moment and smiled at Kras. "Well, if you're of age, we may have to enjoy a firewhiskey later." He gave him a friendly wink while Reed looked up in shock. Reed turned his shocked eyes to Kras and silently tried to tell him to accept. This was a big deal to Reed, considering his father never brought out the firewhiskey so he must like Kras.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 6th 2011, 4:26 am

[AND OOPS. I didn't get your text until like an hour later. Sorry!! ]
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 7th 2011, 3:35 am

Kras could tell Reed was trying to hide a whole bunch of smiling. It made him have trouble hiding a whole bunch of smiling too. Biting his tongue sort of helped. And what the heck was that soup? Yeah, he had no idea what that was.

Seeing the shocked look on Reed's face had Kras thinking that Winston didn't just bring out the firewhiskey for anyone, or very often. Well, hopefully that meant he was supposed to accept it. Kras didn't really have much to worry about in the drinking department. He had a pretty darn good tolerance for alcohol. So a drink or two wouldn't be a bother or cause him to do anything too stupid. "That vould be lovely, sir. Thank you." Kras grinned.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 7th 2011, 4:29 am

Reed smiled at his dad then sent a small smile at Kras. Hilde had been watching everything with a critical look. Really, she was judging Kras, but more from a business standpoint. Reed saw this out of the corner of his eye and knew she would be back to hounded Kras about coming to work for her. He took a nervous spoonful of his soup and put it to his mouth. It tasted good, but he still had no clue what it was. When he went to set the spoon back into the bowl, he dropped it with a clatter, sending some soup to splatter over the table, and getting a little on his shirt. His face instantly looked terrified and he blushed a deep red. "Sorry! I'll clean it up! Sorry mommy! Sorry." He mumbled again as Lisa came over with a kind smile, used to things like this happening. She handed him a towel, knowing he'd rather clean it up instead of someone doing to for him. Reed kept his eyes to the table, avoiding his mothers gaze.

Hilde had calmly set her spoon down after Reed's little mishap. She set her hand on the table with a little more force then just placing it there. She fixed a piercing stare on Reed. "Now Darling, I'm not going to keep buying you nice clothes if you just insist on ruining them right away. Honestly, it's a waste."

She would have continued but was cut off by her husbands warning tone. "Hilde, dear. It was just an accident. There is hardly any on his shirt, and I'm sure Lisa is more than capable of getting stains out." He gave his son a reassuring smile, but Reed was still looking at the table. He only glanced up to send Kras an apologetic look.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 7th 2011, 5:16 am

[*was distracted by the E.L.F website* <.<
>.>]

Kras wasn't looking in Hilde's direction but he could sort of feel her gaze on him. It still made him slightly uncomfortable. Keeping with the idea of just sneaking glances at Reed and eating after he did, Kras took a sip of the soup and figured it didn't taste all that bad, despite the fact he had no clue what it was. He glanced up at Reed when he heard the spoon clatter, not at all surprised to see his boyfriend's face going bright red.

He had to bite his tongue to keep from saying anything when Reed's mother sternly berated her son. Unsure what to say, he just stayed silent, wishing he could reach over and take Reed's hand to comfort him. He catches the apologetic look Winston gave him and he returned the look with a small understanding smile before he looked back down at the table.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 7th 2011, 5:30 am

Reed too glanced up and shot Kras an apologetic sad look. He had all the soup wiped off the table just as the servers came and took the bowls away. He gave Lisa a thankful smile, and looked back at Kras for a moment. He felt his heart melt a little, but had to keep it together for this weekend, which certainly meant no gooey eyed expressions.

Hilde seemed to rather want to ignore her son for the moment. She turned her dazzling smile to Kras and Reed could instantly tell what was coming. "So Krasimir, you said you've never considered modeling? Well, I'll have a few friends at Reed's show tomorrow. I would just love for them to be able to speak to you. It will only be for a short while dear, nothing at all to be worried about." Hilde spared her son a glance as if telling him she wished he had been more like Kras.

Reed stuck his chin up and cleared his throat loudly. "Mom. Kras doesn't want to. And I want him to stay by me during the show. He's my friend and my guest. Don't try to pressure him into doing something he doesn't want to do." His face was bright red and he was terrified of the impending wrath, but he couldn't help but feel proud. This was the first time he ever stood up to his mother. He wanted to look at his father or his boyfriend, but he kept his eyes locked on his mothers as they had some sort of silent battle.

Hilde pursed her lips, not at all liking the way her son was speaking to her. She didn't want to start any drama at the table, so she let it slide for now. She looked down at the food that had just been placed in front of everyone. It was some kind of white grilled fish.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 7th 2011, 5:59 am

Kras gave Reed a quick reassuring smile. When Reed's mother starts talking to him, he knows right away what she's going on about. He was about to respond when he heard Reed speak up. It surprised him, he even looked up at Reed with a surprised expression on his face. Trying to at least diffuse the tension a tiny bit, Kras gave Reed's mother a charming, appreciative smile. "I really appreciate your offer. If I get the chance it vould be interesting to talk to them." Yeah, talk but nothing was going to come from it. "I'm just not very familiar vith these sort of shows and vould feel more comfortable staying vith Reed. Thank you though." He hopes Hilde won't hate him now. And he really wants to give Reed props for sticking up to his mother for once.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 7th 2011, 6:07 am

Winston was nodding at both his son and his friend, admiring their bravery. Reed bit his lip to keep from smiling too much at Kras, instead he gave him a little nod before grabbing his fork and taking a bite of the fish. Hilde put a strained smile on her face and nodded politely at Kras. "Well, thank you for considering talking to them. I may just have to send them to talk to you while you're with Reed. I must say though, it is very nice to see that Reed has made such a good friend. Hopefully some of your charm will rub off on him." She smirked to herself.

Reed almost dropped his fork at the tiny insult. He had the sudden urge to tell his parent the truth right now, but he knew he had to wait until tomorrow night. He didn't need any more stress before the show tomorrow. Hilde turned to speak to her son again. "Darling, after dinner while these boys bond over some drinks, I would like to see the paintings you are prepared to show tomorrow." It wasn't a request, it was a demand and Reed was now terrified.

He kept his chin up though. "Of course mom. I worked really hard. I hope you like what I have." Even though his mother was constantly bringing him down, Reed felt the never dying need to do something right by her. He wanted her to be proud, and he wanted it bad.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 7th 2011, 6:17 am

Kras had to bite his tongue from commenting on yet another criticism Hilde threw at her son. Smiling and nodding was his safest course of action for now. He could see the slight look of terror in Reed's eyes as Hilde demanded to see his paintings after dinner. Speaking of paintings, that reminded him and he tentatively spoke up after Reed finished talking. "He definitely vos vorking hard, the dorm room vos filled vith vork everyvhere before ve left. Speaking of him vorking though, I have a present for you both. Just a small thank you for allowing me to come visit. I vould love to give it to you after dinner if that vould be alright."
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 7th 2011, 6:25 am

Reed's head snapped to Kras. "Wait, what?" He was both a little shocked, yet a little intrigued. Winston gave him an impressed look. "Well, if you can put up with Reed's crazy art weeks, we would love to have you anytime. That was very thoughtful of you to bring us something."

Hilde too look impressed at Kras. "Well, I'll be the judge of if Reed worked hard. And like Winston said, you are welcome anytime." Then she couldn't help but go a little soft. "It's nice to know that Reed has someone to look after him. We worry quite a lot about him being alone. It is very relieving to see him arrive in one piece."

Reed grinned happily at his mothers words and gave Kras a 'what the heck did you get them' look. He took a few more bites of his food and decided he wanted to save space for dessert. He pushed his plate aside just as Winston did the same.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 7th 2011, 6:40 am

Kras had to force himself not to look at Reed, because he knew if he did he would probably grin a bit too much. "Thank you both kindly. It means quite a lot to me." He was going to keep his fingers crossed that Hilde approved of her son's work, because Kras knew Reed had been working hard. When Reed's parents weren't looking, Kras gave Reed a quick 'you'll just have to wait and see' wink. "My parents generally say I have a very caring personality, so it vos pretty natural for me to just start looking after Reed." Maybe that would help cover the incident earlier when Reed almost tripped and Kras about moved to catch him, when Kras was sure Winston had seen. "Now that he's pretty much become my best friend," Well, more than that but they didn't know that. He knew Reed would understand though. "I do my best to keep any eye out for him even more. Some of the other students there aren't very...friendly sometimes." Darn Slytherins. If Kras ever caught them making fun of Reed it would not be very pretty. And that was coming from Kras who hated conflict.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 7th 2011, 6:51 am

[I JUST HAD AN IDEA!!! *PMs you*]

Reed had to bit his lip really hard when Kras started speaking. What was this kid trying to do to him? His face was definitely on fire and he prayed to every God there was that neither of his parents would notice. He was trying his hardest not to smile like a loon, and kept his head down, looking at his lap. Luckily both of his parents' attention was on Kras, both smiling at him. Reed took a deep quiet breath, trying to calm himself.

Winston looked concerned for a moment and glanced at his son. Huh, he was acting strange. "There are people giving you a hard time son?" He was still staring at Reed, trying to figure out why he was acting so different. He had to suppress a laugh when Reed looked up at him, his face still on fire. Of course Hilde noticed all this as well, but was putting it to the back of her mind while she could make a better guess at what was happening.

Reed cleared his throat so his voice wouldn't come out squeaky. He avoided Kras' eyes at all costs. "It's not that big of deal daddy. It's just because I'm new and I'm really clumsy. And probably has something to do with house rivalry. I'm okay. They just say mean things, but I don't really listen." He smiled, trying to reassure his parents that he was okay there. The last thing he'd want is for them to think about pulling him out of school.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 7th 2011, 7:04 am

Kras noticed Reed's rather red face and felt bad. Oops. Maybe he should tone it down a bit. Or something. He was pretty sure Reed's parents had noticed by now too. Double oops. He nodded at Reed's words, agreeing with him as he reassured his parents. "It probably really is mostly just house rivalry. Even I get called rude things a lot of times. Best thing to do is just ignore them, and if it gets really bad the teachers there are really really great at taking care of situations like that." He hoped that was reassuring as well. He didn't want Reed's parents to think they should pull their son from Hogwarts.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 7th 2011, 7:13 am

Reed glanced at Kras, sending another wave of blushing over his face. Come on Reed, get it together. Luckily, their dessert came, some sort of fruit parfait that looked really delicious. Reed smiled at the dessert, trying his best not to eat it like a maniac. Just when Reed was about to take his first bite, his mother decided she didn't want dessert. "Reed darling, how about you take me to see your work right now. I have a lot of my own work to get done." Reed looked down at his dessert helplessly, but knew better then to disobey his mother. He shot Kras an apologetic look, knowing he'd have to leave him alone with his father. "Yes mommy. We can go now." Reed stood and walked over to help his mother out of her chair. They both left the dining room, Reed looking like he was walking to his death.

Winston sighed, seeing the look on Reed's face. He waited until his wife and son were clear out of hearing range before turning his attention to Kras. "Sorry about her. I know it may not look like it, but she's very stressed right now. I know she can come off a bit..strong. Don't worry, she's taken quite a liking to you." He smiled a kind smiled and dug into his own parfait.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 7th 2011, 7:22 am

Kras felt a new wave of nerves wash over him as he realized that he'd be left alone with Reed's father once Reed and his mother were gone from the room. Not that Kras didn't like Winston, it was just Kras felt more comfortable and safe with Kras' presence around. Seeing the terrible look on Reed's face didn't make him feel any better. All he wanted to do was be able to hold Reed right now and comfort him, because it looked like he needed it.

He turned his face back towards Winston after the other two were gone from the room. "Oh...it's alright, Mr. Dawson." Kras smiled lightly in understanding. "I'm sure it's kind of difficult doing the vork she does, so it's understandable she'd be stressed. I'm just glad I made a good impression on her...and hopefully you as vell." He took a small bite of his parfait, silently trying to calm his nerves.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 7th 2011, 7:33 am

Meanwhile, in Reed's closet, Reed was nervously opening his art trunks. "See, I have two trunks, so there's a lot of options. Um, I have them organized in order by the things on the list you gave me. I finished seventeen things on there and I have some others of my own, just in case." He moved out of the way so his mother could step forward and being examining. The first few she pulled out received nods, which was a good. The next few didn't get any reaction, which was bad. Reed winced, but she didn't say anything. After examining them all she started organizing them differently. "Okay Darling, this is the trunk you will take. This trunk." She frowned at the other trunk as if it were offensive. "Those need to go. They aren't very good." Reed just nodded, not even sure which ones she put in there, and hoping they weren't ones he liked. For safe measure, she went through the ones she had originally liked.

Back in the dinning room, Winston looked at Kras. "Oh yes. You've made quite the impression. You and Reed seem pretty close." Of course Winston had his suspicions, but he wouldn't voice them unless his son brought something else. "You seem to be the right person to take care of my son for me." That sort of had double meaning to it, but again Winston didn't want to draw attention to any theory he had.

Soon enough, Reed and Hilde rejoined the other two men. Hilde spoke first, "Shall we have tea in the living room?" She turned and led the way, expecting everyone to follow. Winston stood and gave his son a comforting pat on the shoulder before following his wife out of the room.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 7th 2011, 7:46 am

Kras was having trouble trying to figure out whether Winston seemed to have figured out his relationship with Reed yet or not. Kras wasn't going to try and make it anymore obvious though, just in case Winston didn't know. "Thank you, sir." He smiled softly. "Reed is...he's the closest friend I've had in a long time and he's very understanding. I'm doing my best to show him the same amount of respect and caring I can." Seemed like something two close friends would do, right? Yeah.

When Hilde and Reed returned, Kras' gaze immediately went to Reed out of habit - it wasn't like he could help himself, his eyes were always drawn to the younger boy. After Reed's father stood, Kras stood as well, moving over to stand next to Reed after Winston followed Hilde out of the room. He didn't want to say anything out loud in case they were overheard, but he did touch Reed's arm briefly and gave him an 'are you okay?' look. Out loud though he did ask if he could quickly get his present for Reed's parents. "I'd like to get my present to give to your parents. If that's alright. You'll like it too."
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 7th 2011, 7:54 am

Reed returned Kras look with a nod and slight shrug, letting him know he was a good approximation of 'okay'. Reed sat on the couch while his parents both sat in opposite chairs. He answered for his parents. "Yes, go and get it. I'm insanely curious to see what it is as well." He grinned and made himself tear his gaze away from his boyfriend.

Hilde and Winston nodded, giving Kras the go ahead to get whatever he needed. Winston turned to his wife, "So Dear, how is Reed's work this time around? After hearing how hard our son worked, I'm sure he turned out some great work." He gave his son a soft smile. Hilde gave a noncommittal shrug. "There are a few standouts, as per usual. The rest is adequate but meets the requirements set for him. I'm sure he'll do great tomorrow." Reed nodded, that was actually almost a compliment and he'd take it.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 7th 2011, 8:04 am

Kras smiled and went to get the present. He managed not to get lost on the way to get it and on the way back, so that was pretty good. The short walk also allowed him to calm his nerves some more, because it seemed like every time he had them under control they would act up again, causing him to feel more nervous. Ack, relax, you're doing a great job. They like you. It's all good. Just breathe. He sighed and smiled once more as he reentered the room, a book-sized gift wrapped in his hands. It wasn't a book though. It was a framed photo of the picture he had sneakily took of Reed the other day. He had only taken one shot, figuring he had had a good angle, and when the picture had came out afterward he was pleasantly surprised at just how good a picture it was. There were spots of paint on Reed's face and arms and hands, and most definitely his clothing, but he looked so deep in concentration on his work that it didn't matter. His arm was raised, the paintbrush in his hand caught at mid-stroke in the snapshot. It was a really great shot and he hoped Reed's parents would like it just as much as he did. In fact, he had made a copy of it for himself that he was keeping hidden in his trunk back at school. Kras neatly presented the gift to Reed's parents, smiling brightly at them. "Here you are. I really hope you like it." He was trying to keep any hint of nerves from his voice, but it was sort of difficult.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Dawson May 7th 2011, 8:12 am

[SO.FRICKEN.CUTE.]

Reed bounced from where he was sitting, waiting to see what Kras had given them. Winston looked at the picture with nothing but pure affection, "Well this is great! We've seen that face many times, but have never had a picture of it. Is that your dorm? It looks lovely." Reed felt his stomach drop. What was that a picture of and when was it taken? He gave Kras a look somewhere between a glare and 'you owe me an explanation'. Then Hilde took the picture and looked at it fondly for a moment before putting on her business face. "Thank you Krasimir, this is lovely. It's nice to see a bit of what Reed's life is like outside of his home." The smiled she gave Kras was genuinely warm as she set the picture on the table.

Reed quickly snatched it up and looked at it in shock. Is that seriously what he looked like when he painted? "When did you take this? And how did I not notice you snapping pictures of me?" He couldn't help but be extremely amused and then remembered his fathers question. "Yes daddy. That's our dorm. Kras here really enjoys the color yellow." He smiled at the picture, but the smile was really meant for Kras.
Reed Dawson
Reed Dawson
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasimir Svetkova May 7th 2011, 8:18 am

Feeling quite relieved that Reed's parents seem to like their gift, Kras can't help but smile brightly. Even more so when he catches that brief look of fondness Hilde gives the picture, and the warm smile she gives him as she sets the picture on the table. So maybe she wasn't all that bad after all...well, Kras still didn't like it that she criticized Reed so much. "You're velcome. I'm so glad you both like it."

He can't help laughing a bit when Reed asks him when he took the picture. "I took that the other day ven I valked right into the dorm and you didn't even notice. You vere too absorbed in your vork. And yes," he grins a tiny bit at Winston, "please excuse the over excessive amount of yellow in the background. It's my favorite color." He's pretty sure his bumblebee pillow is just off to the corner a bit in the background. Oops. Well, he wasn't going to let it embarrass him.
Krasimir Svetkova
Krasimir Svetkova

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum