Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moved Discussion about RP

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Moved Discussion about RP Empty Re: Moved Discussion about RP

Post  Angelina Johnson February 4th 2011, 9:35 am

Confession: I feel like the forum is getting less and less about Harry Potter, and I don't know if I like it. I'm not trying to hate on anyone, just to be honest.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy February 4th 2011, 9:37 am

Angelina Johnson wrote:Confession: I feel like the forum is getting less and less about Harry Potter, and I don't know if I like it. I'm not trying to hate on anyone, just to be honest.

Confession: I feel the exact same way. I feel like people are bringing in so many outside elements that barely anyone even talks about magic anymore.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

http://skylinepassion.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander February 4th 2011, 9:38 am

Angelina Johnson wrote:Confession: I feel like the forum is getting less and less about Harry Potter, and I don't know if I like it. I'm not trying to hate on anyone, just to be honest.

Uh, how?
I don't think things have changed all that much over the past year....
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenclaw Mod February 4th 2011, 9:42 am

Confession: I tried to think of a different name for Jesse but I'm bad with names so I just kept it as Jesse. I thought it'd be okay since Mya has Jack Harness. He's not actually like Jesse from Glee. He doesn't sing-- His goal is to be the best at magic. The fact that Milli is now Lea is a coincidence. I know Milli has a huge crush on Groff so I made a character using him so we could have a pairing together.
Confession: Al and Parvati are singing together because it's new. I feel like everything on AWF recently is all about relationships and Nev and I wanted to try something fun. Same with Al giving Sidney lessons.
Confession: I am aware that his is not a Glee forum. I'm not trying to make it that way. I forgot Wizards can't sing and do things other than magic.

Yes, I feel like those posts were directed at me, so I'm posting this in response.
Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

http://crumplehornedsnorkackcatcher.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy February 4th 2011, 9:43 am

I think it's the idea (AJ correct me if you're taking a different stance on this) but of people making characters just to have a certain face as their avatar or letting the actor/character of the avatar take over the personality of the person in the RP. And the infiltration of other fandoms into the general rp. It's changing and there isn't one specific person to blame but I think we have to be careful because otherwise we'll become a Glee/Supernatural forum that's set at Hogwarts.

LUNA.... Mine wasn't directed at you. I love you. And like I said up there ^ it's not just one person, it's all of us.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander February 4th 2011, 9:47 am

Well, Luna clarified that she the Jesse guy isn't like Jesse from Glee.
Perhaps the character bio should have been read beforehand.

Having three characters that sing? That's realistic. It means that they have talents OTHER than magic.

We won't become a glee forum.
I belong to one and would never want the two to be linked.
*shrugs*
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Luna Potter February 4th 2011, 9:48 am

Confession: I honestly don't see why choosing a particular face has anything to do with integrating a new fandom since people have already done so by having the character itself. I don't understand why this is coming up as an issue now because if it was an issue, it would have been brought up earlier when actual characters were introduced and not faces. If this is about anyone's particular character, you could probably PM them and talk to them about it because I don't see how anyone's choice in face would really affect their personality. When I had Andrew Saverin, that did happen, but I gave him up so Teddy could use him. Luna needed someone to take her to the ball and I created Cameron Vincent. He's going to be a Hufflepuff character for longer than that, but he wasn't created for integrating a fandom.

I don't mean for this to come off as rude, but I don't understand how we can be angry about faces changing the forum, when we have had characters here with actual names from other fandoms. It doesn't make sense in my mind.
Lily Luna Potter
Lily Luna Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy February 4th 2011, 9:50 am

I feel like my post is now being taken as an attack because of what Luna posted and it really isn't at all. It has nothing to do with her Jesse character actually. I was reading what she was posting and as a Glee fan I did realize it was nothing like Jesse from Glee. SO TO CLARIFY THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK ON LUNA.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenclaw Mod February 4th 2011, 9:52 am

I don't think it's a personal attack. I just thought it was odd that it was posted right after I made the Jesse account and started RPing with Milli. If it's that big of a problem, I'll drop him as a character. I honestly didn't think people would mind this much. It's just a face...
Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Luna Potter February 4th 2011, 9:53 am

I never said it was a personal attack on Luna. If you read my post, I clearly say that it is my OPINION that I don't think that choosing a face is going to hurt the forum. We've all chosen different faces and let the people behind those faces affect our personalities, otherwise we wouldn't choose them to begin with. I'm not saying you're attacking Luna AT ALL. I'm saying I don't understand how faces are an issue when there are characters from other fandoms already in the forum as is. If this was an issue about other fandoms, wouldn't it have been brought up sooner? Why now?
Lily Luna Potter
Lily Luna Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson February 4th 2011, 9:54 am

Draco Malfoy wrote:I think it's the idea (AJ correct me if you're taking a different stance on this) but of people making characters just to have a certain face as their avatar or letting the actor/character of the avatar take over the personality of the person in the RP. And the infiltration of other fandoms into the general rp. It's changing and there isn't one specific person to blame but I think we have to be careful because otherwise we'll become a Glee/Supernatural forum that's set at Hogwarts.

LUNA.... Mine wasn't directed at you. I love you. And like I said up there ^ it's not just one person, it's all of us.

Tam, that's pretty much what I'm getting at. It's not just Glee, and I realise that characters are allowed to sing and stuff and that they aren't exactly as canon (I mean, look at the slogan!). I'm not saying they can't. But there's barely any magic at all anymore.

I'm not trying to attack anyone, I swear, but I was just expressing my honest opinion. While I'm at it here's another one: I also don't feel like I can really be honest any more. I don't feel like I can post things I think or things I feel without people getting mad at them, or taking offence.

It's probably because I'm shitty today and every little thing is annoying me and I feel disconnected and isolated from everyone else, and I feel half the time like everyone ignores what I say anyway, so maybe I'll just sit here in my corner and not post.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy February 4th 2011, 9:56 am

I think this is one of those things that we've all been thinking for a while but no one bothered to post about. At least it's out in the open now.

AJ I know how you feel. Sometimes I have rants to post about RL people and things but I think we've all become so jumpy now that we all take offense at things not directed at us.

And I think for me it is the no-magic thing at this point. And cleaning charms after sex don't count. I know I for one have been trying to bring more magic and homework into my characters, writing about what they're studying and reading, inventing potions and such or in the case of Ted explaining the difference between muggle and magical and I know I'm not as on top of things as I used to be but I feel like we've lost a lot of that. A lot of the spontaneous magic is gone from AWF and it makes me sad.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson February 4th 2011, 9:58 am

Luna Lovegood wrote:I don't think it's a personal attack. I just thought it was odd that it was posted right after I made the Jesse account and started RPing with Milli. If it's that big of a problem, I'll drop him as a character. I honestly didn't think people would mind this much. It's just a face...

It's not that big of a problem, it's how I've been feeling for a while now and to be honest, I haven't had the courage to post it before.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenclaw Mod February 4th 2011, 9:59 am

My new OC is actually really big on magic. I know I'm only in one scene with him, but he was looking for a charms book. And I was planning on having him do a lot of practicing with magic. But some people might not be big on magic-- Honestly, I hate writing dueling scenes. I don't enjoy it. If people want their characters to be heavily involved with magic then fine, if not then they shouldn't feel like they have to. Okay, maybe this post isn't directed at anyone but it sends off the hint that people should all use more magic. I understand if that wasn't what you intended but that's how it came out to me.

Ravenclaw Mod
Ravenclaw Mod
Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Johnson February 4th 2011, 10:01 am

Draco Malfoy wrote:AJ I know how you feel. Sometimes I have rants to post about RL people and things but I think we've all become so jumpy now that we all take offense at things not directed at us.

I agree. It makes me sad that I can't express an opinion without feeling attacked or judged, whether it be that I don't ship a pairing, that I am in a crappy mood because of something in RL that someone did, or about how I feel in regards to the forum.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy February 4th 2011, 10:03 am

Luna Lovegood wrote:My new OC is actually really big on magic. I know I'm only in one scene with him, but he was looking for a charms book. And I was planning on having him do a lot of practicing with magic. But some people might not be big on magic-- Honestly, I hate writing dueling scenes. I don't enjoy it. If people want their characters to be heavily involved with magic then fine, if not then they shouldn't feel like they have to. Okay, maybe this post isn't directed at anyone but it sends off the hint that people should all use more magic. I understand if that wasn't what you intended but that's how it came out to me.

It's not the dueling. I can't write good dueling scene to save my life. Ugh. I leave that to Pansy. It's just the little things. Even just mentioning the casting of a charm or if someone used a lumos or an alohamora. I miss that.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander February 4th 2011, 10:05 am

You're totally entitled to post your opinions, but when it effects how someone else feels...it comes off as rude. Just consider how the other people on the other side of the computer feel for a minute.

I'm still failing to see the point here. There is more magic now than in 1.0. In 1.0 it was all Truth or Dare or Spin the Bottle or duels that made no fucking sense and were seriously godmoded. No one casted any random fucking charms...ever.

As a whole, the site could try and integrate more magic. Sure. It's just the timing of how you posted it that had an effect on how we reacted.

Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Luna Potter February 4th 2011, 10:05 am

While this has been fun, maybe we can move it to the Suggestions thread? Since this isn't a confession any longer...
Lily Luna Potter
Lily Luna Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy February 4th 2011, 10:09 am

Dom, I think AJ was just posting a feeling and then I said I agreed.

I personally think we've never had enough magic but whatever. That's to each his own I suppose.

Also if I sound attacky.... well

CONFESSION: I AM RUNNING ON TOO LITTLE SLEEP AND NO TEA.

Hey look it's a confession.

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but I feel like it's time we're all at least a little more honest.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Luna Potter February 4th 2011, 10:16 am

It's great that you want to be 'honest' with everyone and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying that there's a better place for it. Maybe in the Roleplay Discussion area. Just because you put a tiny confession in your post, doesn't make it belong in the thread.
Lily Luna Potter
Lily Luna Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander February 4th 2011, 10:17 am

Yeah Tam, that's fine. As I said, it was just timing.

And yeah.
Honesty is a good idea.
But honestly, most of your posts towards me are taken as personal attacks. So I'm used to it. nbd.
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Moved Discussion about RP Empty Moved Discussion about RP

Post  Angelina Johnson February 4th 2011, 10:19 am

Rolf Scamander wrote:You're totally entitled to post your opinions, but when it effects how someone else feels...it comes off as rude. Just consider how the other people on the other side of the computer feel for a minute.

As a whole, the site could try and integrate more magic. Sure. It's just the timing of how you posted it that had an effect on how we reacted.

I realise that wasn't the best timing, but it's how I feel. I have seen things on AWF that affect how I feel (whether they were aimed at me or not, I don't know), but I've had to let them slide because at the end of the day I can't change how other people feel, and I shouldn't judge them for it. And should I not express how I feel because it might affect others? I don't think it's fair - I thought the point of these threads was to talk about ourselves, and I am.

It's great that you want to be 'honest' with everyone and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying that there's a better place for it. Maybe in the Roleplay Discussion area. Just because you put a tiny confession in your post, doesn't make it belong in the thread.

It was a confession, it was a confession of how I feel. I'm not making suggestions about how the forum should be run, just expressing an opinion. And I have to point out that honestly, I'm offended that you think I'm being deliberately offensive or intended to hurt people. I would never go out trying to hurt peoples feelings, and I am sorry if they were, but I am not being 'honest', just honest.
Angelina Johnson
Angelina Johnson
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Luna Potter February 4th 2011, 10:25 am

It was a confession, it was a confession of how I feel. I'm not making suggestions about how the forum should be run, just expressing an opinion. And I have to point out that honestly, I'm offended that you think I'm being deliberately offensive or intended to hurt people. I would never go out trying to hurt peoples feelings, and I am sorry if they were, but I am not being 'honest', just honest.

If you read my previous post, before the one you quoted, I said that the confession had turned into more of a suggestion for the forum and not so much a confession. I have NOT stated anything about you being deliberately offensive. Nothing in my post has ever said that and I am personally horrified that you would ever suggest that I am saying something like that when, in my posts, there hasn't been single evidence of that. All I have said is that I don't understand why faces have become an issue because everyone adapts OCs (or at least I do because I'm one of the people on the forum with a majority of her characters being original characters) to said personalities of their faces. It's not that they're trying to integrate fandoms, they just like the person. But I never, nor will I ever, imply that people were trying to be offensive.
Lily Luna Potter
Lily Luna Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy February 4th 2011, 10:25 am

I moved it.

And I'm sorry that you all feel that way about anything I (or anyone else I guess) has posted. I'm an abrasive person and I guess you've all realized that now. I am (at least with friends) not remotely tactful and will say whatever is on my mind. TBH I find myself editing out a lot of things on the forum because I know they'll upset people and that really isn't the goal. So I'm completely serious when I say sorry for any feelings I've hurt in the past and sorry about all the ones I'll trample over in the future because I'm not perfect and my greatest character flaw is bitchiness.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolf Scamander February 4th 2011, 10:29 am

*shrugs*
In all honesty, I'm used to it and just have learned not to care that much anymore.
Rolf Scamander
Rolf Scamander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum