Average Wizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James' Drabbles, Should She Choose To Write More

4 posters

Go down

James' Drabbles, Should She Choose To Write More Empty James' Drabbles, Should She Choose To Write More

Post  Logan Avery August 24th 2010, 5:03 am

DRABBLE NUMERO UNO

When did I become the bad guy? I loved Lily. There was never a time when I didn't. So why am I attacked for it? Lily could have said no. She could have kept shooting me down. But she didn't. I loved her, and she loved me. Why does everyone hate me for it?

Everyone loves Snape instead. They love Snape because Lily loved me, not him. And this is my fault? Listen, I'm an adult now and I won't revert to name calling and pranks like I did in my youth, but really, Snape wasn't that nice of a guy. Hate to break it to all you hardcore fans. You saw how he treated my son, who had overcome horrible tragedies in just about every book. And yet somehow this is all made up for with the fact that Severus did what Dumbledore asked him to.

Snape wasn't an evil guy. I'm not trying to say that. But there's a difference between being a nice guy, and being the archetypal "good guy." He was in the Order of the Phoenix. Every outright "evil" action of his in the books was offset by being a double agent for Dumbledore and helping to win in the end. But that doesn't mean he was the nicest guy around.

He was a Death Eater once. He helped Lord Voldemort kill innocent witches, wizards, muggle-borns, squibs, even muggles. Do you really think someone like that deserved Lily? Do you really think someone as wretched as that deserved the generally accepted perfection of Lily Evans?

Yeah, I was kind of a dick in school. I'll admit it. I wasn't nice to Snape. I was arrogant. But I changed for Lily. I was willing to do anything for her. Was Snape? He started studying the Dark Arts even while professing to love Lily. Even while she was alive.

I didn't steal Snape's true love or any of that nonsense. Lily fell in love with me. My only crime was loving her. She could never have been with him, anyway. Not when he got mixed up with the Dark Arts in school. Not when he became a Death Eater. Not when he stood by and let her die at the hands of his master.
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

James' Drabbles, Should She Choose To Write More Empty Re: James' Drabbles, Should She Choose To Write More

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy August 24th 2010, 5:07 am

I really like this.
I feel as though it may upset Eowyn.
But I really like this.
Very Happy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

James' Drabbles, Should She Choose To Write More Empty Re: James' Drabbles, Should She Choose To Write More

Post  Logan Avery August 24th 2010, 5:09 am

I'M REALLY REALLY SORRY IF IT UPSETS ANYONE. THE FEELINGS EXPRESSED ARE ALL JAMES'. ALL THE BIASES, ALL THE NOT-QUITE-FOOLPROOF LOGIC. I TRIED TO WRITE IT EXACTLY FROM JAMES' POINT OF VIEW, RATHER THAN MAKING HIM FEEL DIFFERENTLY THAN HE MIGHT IF HE WAS SUDDENLY OMNISCIENT

And thanks!
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Romilda Vane August 24th 2010, 5:15 am

I second Pansy.

It always seems like every focuses on Snape's feelings and not James'. Don't get me wrong, I like Snape, but that's more to do with his complexity as a character, not entirely for his actions. Granted, everything he did in the end was for good, but it didn't stop him from being a git.

Wow, went off on a tangent a bit, but I really like and I wish to read more of your drabblings.
Romilda Vane
Romilda Vane

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery August 24th 2010, 5:18 am

I think a lot of the focus is on him simply because James died before the events in the books took place. There wasn't time to flesh out his character. It's my personal belief that he was a good guy with his heart in the right place, who did some stupid stuff as a kid. I have a very precise view of James' character, so yeah... I'll stop here because I could probably talk for days about him.

Thanks a bunch!
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest August 24th 2010, 5:21 am

Astoria Greengrass. wrote: Not when he stood by and let her die at the hands of his master.

My only problem with this.
Because we all know that's utter bullshit.
Because he did everything he could possibly do to save her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery August 24th 2010, 5:24 am

I figured that would be the kind of thing James would want to believe I'm sorryyyyy!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

But yes, I know. James doesn't, though.
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest August 24th 2010, 5:32 am

-twitch-
-leaves for her I Love Snape shrine-

I LOVE YOU CATHERINE, I DO.
I CANNOT LOVE JAMES. -flees before she explodes into fury-

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery August 24th 2010, 5:34 am

I'M SORRYYYYY!!!! -stabs James- SHOO.
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery August 24th 2010, 5:40 am

DON'T YOU JUDGE ME I LIKE DEAR OLD PETE

I screwed up. I know I did. I screwed everything up terribly. And I'm sorry. I am so damn sorry... But...

Do you know what it's like to be alone? Do you really? Do you think you know what it was like to be me? James and Sirius and Remus were by best and only friends in the whole entire world. And they didn't give a shit about me.

James just liked to show off. He always knew I would be there to ooh and aah and clap and cheer and make a fool of myself as always. That's all I was, really. The fool. The idiot. The one who tagged along even when he wasn't wanted. Hanging around at the edges. Not smart or funny or handsome enough to really be friends with that golden group.

Sirius liked to laugh at me. He could make me do whatever he wanted. I was so desperate for the popularity, I would do anything to stay friends with him. I was his fool, running about, fetching things, making him look better in front of everyone else.

Remus was the only one who was ever decent to me. He just felt guilty. He always gave me that pitying smile, always helped me with my homework. All he had for me was sympathy. I wasn't smart, wasn't funny, wasn't anything like the friends I loved, and for that, he pitied me. He pitied me because I was pitiful.

And then I grew up. That's all. My old friends I began to regard with contempt. What had they ever given me in return for that adoration I lavished on all of them? What had they offered besides jokes at my expense? What had they ever felt for me besides pity and amusement? The more I brooded, alone, after they all left, the more I let my hatred grow. They had no right. I was a person too.

There was a man with dark hair, who came to the family shop one day. We talked, and I found myself spilling the whole sad story to him. He understood. He was the only one who ever understood. Two weeks later, I left the shop. Two months later, James and Lily were dead, Sirius was in Azkaban, and Remus was left to be the pitiful one with the fragments of his shattered happiness.

If I could not be happy, no one could.
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Romilda Vane August 24th 2010, 5:44 am

OOOOO chilling!!
Romilda Vane
Romilda Vane

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery August 24th 2010, 5:47 am

Peter is such a dark character, and I feel like a lot of people misunderstand him and underestimate him. -has strong views on lots of characters-
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy August 24th 2010, 5:53 am

I LOVE THESE.
LIKE, A LOT.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery August 24th 2010, 5:56 am

I LIKE THEM TOO. THEY TAKE LIKE TWO MINUTES TO WRITE, AND THEY'RE SUPERFUN. WHO NEXT, THEN?
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery August 24th 2010, 5:56 am

Astoria Greengrass. wrote:I LIKE THEM TOO. THEY TAKE LIKE TWO MINUTES TO WRITE, AND THEY'RE SUPERFUN. WHO NEXT, THEN?

IMMA ANSWER MY OWN QUESTION AND WRITE AN ASTORIA ONE BEFORE I GO TO BED. FUCK YES. THIS WILL BE INTERESTING.
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy August 24th 2010, 6:03 am

INNER PANSY IS ALREADY FUMING.
I NEED TO FIND HER MUZZLE.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery August 24th 2010, 6:12 am

A/N: THIS IS NOT MY ASTORIA. MY ASTORIA IS A BLONDE BITCH. THIS IS ANOTHER INTERPRETATION OF ASTORIA THAT I HAVE ADOPTED FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS DRABBLE.

My mother always taught me to pay close attention to my image. Image is important, she would say. Manners and etiquette must be observed. Appearance and poise must be maintained. I took all of her good advice to heart.

Hogwarts was big and new to me at first. Daphne already had friends to go to, but I knew no one. I spent my first couple years in her shadow, always trying to act older than I was, always hanging on to my precious propriety. It didn't take me long to realize close friends wouldn't fit into my ever important image. I didn't need people. I needed to stay aloof and distant, just like my mother always taught me.

And then I met Draco Malfoy. I still didn't need people. I just needed him. It was painfully awkward, following Daphne around, being the annoying little sister underfoot, just so I could be around him. I have to admit, I really looked up to Pansy Parkinson. She would do anything for Draco. I wanted to have that opportunity.

Years passed, and Voldemort was defeated. That Harry Potter brat did his thing, and Draco distanced himself from the friends he had before. And somehow, while separating himself from all he had ever known, he remembered me. He remembered Daphne's shadow, the girl so carefully distant and private. I was perfect.

We were married. We had a child. Scorpius grew up quicker than I had anticipated, and went to school.

Even through the nasty, publicized divorce, I always remembered what my mother told me. Never once did I falter. No one ever saw me cry. I was the essence of composure.

Image is important.
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Romilda Vane August 24th 2010, 6:15 am

TOLD YOU THEY WERE DIVORCED.

*cough*

This is really good too. I love these.
Romilda Vane
Romilda Vane

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Avery August 24th 2010, 6:16 am

Won Won's up next, but not tonight because I am tired and should go to bed.
Logan Avery
Logan Avery

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy August 24th 2010, 6:21 am

*grumbles*
I still hate Astoria.
But I liked that too.
NO SYMPATHY FOR HER.
But I liked it.
XD
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest August 24th 2010, 6:29 am

I really like the Astoria one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Weasley August 24th 2010, 8:58 am

I like them all. Like, sooo super much.

Curse you people and your brilliant writing abilities.

I LOVE YOU JAMES! *huggles*
Lucy Weasley
Lucy Weasley
Seventh Year

http://cindy-lou-who.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down